Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is this game dead or?  (Read 382270 times)
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 26, 2013, 07:05:20 AM

For example, the CM armor sets are given out as greens by a bunch of the Orr vendors, texture wise. My engineer gets a bunch of compliments because I found a karma vendor in the middle of nowhere that sells a set that doesn't appear to be reused ever.

Give us the location for the precious?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: April 26, 2013, 08:24:09 AM

For example, the CM armor sets are given out as greens by a bunch of the Orr vendors, texture wise. My engineer gets a bunch of compliments because I found a karma vendor in the middle of nowhere that sells a set that doesn't appear to be reused ever.

Give us the location for the precious?

First vendor in Malchor's Leap is Pagga's Post. It sells some unique armor looks, and some that are the alternate quest rewards for the Orr chain textures (so you can get commando armor if you picked the CM lookalike during the chain)

edit: link to the set I'm using, and where it's from:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conquest_armor
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:26:50 AM by kildorn »
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 28, 2013, 09:10:14 AM

Thanks!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 29, 2013, 05:20:02 AM

t took me half a day to get the GS SAB skin. I ran each character through the first section for 2 baubles each run. Time in instance = 7 minutes including stupid intro. I then created 2 Asura alts and ran them through the starter area. One alt would be deleted after a SAB run and then re-created allowing infinite runs using that character slot.

I have 10 Character slots and by timing my run to before and after reset (2 runs each character on the same day) I only needed to recycle the lowbie alt 5 times to get the GS skin and less for the backpack. I did this 3 times over my holiday break and came away with a hatred of green. But it's not hard to do. The most boring part is the Asura starter area and the intro to SAB.

After farming the damn SAB for 3 days  with 7 chars  and a few digging runs  I got myself 3 skins! I hate sab with a passion now lol . Also the SAB title  achievement is made by sadists
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 29, 2013, 07:32:43 AM

We've had a full month.  There was no reason to grind it out.  tongue

The greatsword skin on an Asura Warrior is perfect.  The way she flails about makes you wonder who thought giving a kid a lightsaber was a bright idea.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 29, 2013, 11:11:52 PM

We've had a full month.  There was no reason to grind it out.  tongue

The greatsword skin on an Asura Warrior is perfect.  The way she flails about makes you wonder who thought giving a kid a lightsaber was a bright idea.

Darn Obi-Wan....but yea the 2% drop rate really made it punishing.  Then again I'm gonna make some clovers for cheap.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 01, 2013, 02:12:34 AM

I picked up 4 GS skins and blew 16G each for 2 on the AH. When the prices rocketed to 70G I dumped 4 onto the market and am hanging on to the other 2 for now to see what the market does. I also have a staff, shield and scepter plus used by BBs to buy the soulbound skins. 2 swords left me with chump change for T3 Asura heavy armour and I'm going to blow the revenue on T3 Charr heavy tonight. I thought about saving the gold but screw it, I'm not going for a legendary and most of my characters are in exotics except for a few that are running rare underwater equipment.

SAB was good to me, but I don't ever want to go in there again - my eyes ache from it.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 03, 2013, 04:11:40 PM

While I am not much into cosmetic stuff myself many other people characters outfits continue to amaze me on daily basis. Variety and customization of armor/weapons skins in this game is top notch, I dont ever get  now why people grind "x tier" gear in wow and such when all it achieves is making you exactly like next guy.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 03, 2013, 07:35:26 PM

Interesting you should say that, my (female BE DK wears her DK 50-60 quest gear transmogged over whatever she has picked up because IMO it's the best looking DK gear in the game. She also uses the quest 2H sword for that matter - or she would if I didn't get sick of where WoW has gone.

I'm liking some of the GW2 T3 gear sets too not to mention some of the crafted

My level 80 GW2 character's gear pics in spoiler:

I'm currently rolling through a Sylvari ranger for the personal story achievement and have her in Whispers gear because I'm not sure I like the Syvari cultural sets.

At the moment I really rate the Asura T3 Heavy and light Armour and weapons over everything else. To the extent that I'll probably roll an Asuran Necro or Mesmer so I can kit them up in T3 (my guild holds fancy dress contests which Kira Chenco won last time on a theme "heroic"). The Charr heavy T3 is fantastic but I hate the leather/cloth wrapping on arms and legs as well as the "tail cover".

I may have carried my WoW-addiction over to GW2  ACK!

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 05, 2013, 06:40:16 AM

My level 80 GW2 character's gear pics in spoiler:

Some really nice sets there.  Particularly like necro , charr engy and ele.

At the moment I really rate the Asura T3 Heavy and light Armour and weapons over everything else.

Yeah but Asura are so tiny you can literally hide them behind charr/norn ankles :) My original asura engy made with smallest possibly silhouette for www purposes is  as big as  a mini pet
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 26, 2013, 03:14:58 PM

I still think the start of this game is brilliant in terms of content (huge amounts) and the way your character naturally evolves, can just go wandering and find content, and that content naturally scales up to be co-operative and often more intense when done with others. It's a superb model for a more casual type of MMO.

But the content since launch has shown little foresight or novelty. World events that occur at one time and one place should have been seen as a bad idea on the drawing board. Much of the content seems determine to make it a grouping MMO (southsun, dungeons) which is pretty traditional and nothing much like the launch content. It's also creating a bit of a conflict between content and the progression carrot which splits the achievers and more casual players (and still no LFG while doing this?).

Even the model of content that is added and then vanishes after a set time is a pretty foolish use of resources. These days, despite being a fan of the game, I look at the new content and realise it is going to probably end up in a dungeon I'd need to PUG and don't bother. A lot of the added content, like southsun, isn't terribly fun... though I am told the intention is you should be bringing a group.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 26, 2013, 05:21:23 PM

My thoughts exactly.  If group play wasn't so nut-crunching, maybe I'd have kept playing.  But it's such a tremendous solo game it's a shame their later patches don't continue that direction.  This game killed WoW and Rift dead for me with its fun, exciting combat and exploration.

Although I don't play anymore, I still keep an eye out to see if Arenanet comes to their senses.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 26, 2013, 05:33:18 PM

Now that I've ordered my gaming PC I'm veeerryy tempted to start playing again.  But I dunno, I really have no desire to do fractals and dungeons (well I have a desire, but no desire to pug them) and I've missed most of the new content they've added so I'm not sure it'll be as fun as the first 2 or so months I played.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 26, 2013, 11:51:05 PM

Now that I've ordered my gaming PC I'm veeerryy tempted to start playing again.  But I dunno, I really have no desire to do fractals and dungeons (well I have a desire, but no desire to pug them) and I've missed most of the new content they've added so I'm not sure it'll be as fun as the first 2 or so months I played.

well gw2lfg.com is  good site for puggin and  I done FOTM to lvl28  purely with pugs and it was for most part decent experience.

Game itself experiences influx of new/returning people .  Servers now are "very high" on all time and now 4 servers are listed as "full" - that is stark contrast to february when none of the servers were "full " .

They new temporary content they adding is  good for most part (SAB/Molten Facility) despite southsun being some of a letdown (its just a few new dynamic events).

They adding new stuff on monthly basis  and it seems if they continue doing that eventually Gw2 will become  much better game than it was on release
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #84 on: June 23, 2013, 06:18:33 PM

I enjoy popping on from time to time.  I would really like to play as a Skrit.  Every quest could just be to get the shiny for all I care.  Just as long as everything I do or say is frantic.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 24, 2013, 08:44:06 AM

Skrit tool tips change as you get more skrit in the party.

Warrior - Greatsword - Arcing Slice    Burst    ¾    10    Strike your foe with an uppercut and gain fury.

"Shiny!"
"Shiny hurt."
"Skrit hit! Rawr! 
"Hit foe.  Get mad."
"Strike your foes with an uppercut and gain fury."

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 24, 2013, 11:32:51 AM

This must happen.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:55 PM

Tomorrow's patch is supposed to be stupidly large, and focus primarily on balance chances and shaking up the viable build list.

Supposedly leaked notes. Take with a giant block of salt:

http://pastebin.com/2rrFg9pS
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 24, 2013, 01:08:29 PM

Are ranger pets still buggy ass?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 24, 2013, 01:12:44 PM

Are Necro pets still even worse buggy ass?

Over and out.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 24, 2013, 01:13:13 PM

They're not buggy anymore, but they are still ass imo.

They changed them a while back to run a bit faster/attack at a longer range so they wouldn't miss moving targets, and made their F2 specials FAR more responsive.

But they're still squishy as shit and you have to run the ranged pets in any sort of champion encounter or they just up and die in one hit. Still probably the class I dislike playing the most.

edit: necro pets aren't buggy, they're just shitty. And IIRC that stupid spawnling on target death is still a minor trait that everyone winds up with and hates. Though from the leaked notes, death nova may be even better now. Which was always the only thing to do with necro pets: hope they die somewhere useful.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:15:15 PM by kildorn »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 24, 2013, 01:25:54 PM

Oh wow, they nerfed (or moved it way deeper) that petswap for haste talent. How mad are the rangers? Super mad or SUperDuper mad?

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 24, 2013, 01:32:31 PM

And I just started playing a ranger.  Heh.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 24, 2013, 01:40:36 PM

Oh wow, they nerfed (or moved it way deeper) that petswap for haste talent. How mad are the rangers? Super mad or SUperDuper mad?

Zero Fucks from what I've seen. Now, the shortbow range nerf however..
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 24, 2013, 04:04:49 PM

If the notes are true, I might go back to a pet spec:  "Bone Fiend and Shadow Fiend now regenerate outside of combat."

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 24, 2013, 04:18:02 PM

Rangers have been pissed since the game came out.  That part isn't new. 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 24, 2013, 08:11:21 PM

That's why the question was Super mad or SuperDuper mad!

Mad is their default state.  why so serious?

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: June 25, 2013, 06:30:43 AM

I'm eyeballing the changes to the Spite line for Necromancers and suddenly a crit based axe/signet build looks awfully fun. Not very group friendly, but awfully fun.

Doesn't matter. They're buffing wells.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 25, 2013, 12:21:03 PM

I'd like to get back into this.

The last time I played was the October halloween event.

I logged on and it's REALLY CONFUSING to me for some reason.

Is there a wiki summary page somewhere of new shit that I should be doing? These town crier dudes are pretty worthless.

I don't even know what a fractal IS. Or where they are.

Christ. This is one area that ongoing games need to work on. Do I just concentrate on THIS MONTHs content, or July content in a few days? Can I not do any of the previous shit?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

The events are pretty well self-contained. dulfy.net has the best and most up to date guides.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #100 on: June 25, 2013, 05:41:01 PM

Is there a wiki summary page somewhere of new shit that I should be doing? These town crier dudes are pretty worthless.

Christ. This is one area that ongoing games need to work on. Do I just concentrate on THIS MONTHs content, or July content in a few days? Can I not do any of the previous shit?

That bolded part really does hamper me getting back into this and other games. You bail for a month and you might as well find a new game or start a new character. -

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: June 25, 2013, 05:48:28 PM

Pretty much, it's the cost of depth in the game... though I don't think GW2 does a very good job of helping, way too much hidden content and weird tokens.

Some of the larger changes of late have been guild events which progress your guild, fractals are a new layer of dungeon with gear progression (which is valuable only in the context of those dungeons) and I think they modified the dailies so you can buy equivalent gear just by doing the daily (using "laurels").

I used the wiki to decode the armor progression and was happy to find that while there are lots of, fairly confusing, paths to orange armor they all end up in the same place in terms of level of power. It turned out the easiest way to get orange weapons was buy them in the AH which was a bit of an anti-climax but I can live with it.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 25, 2013, 05:55:02 PM

That bolded part really does hamper me getting back into this and other games. You bail for a month and you might as well find a new game or start a new character. -

That couldn't be any more further from the truth.  In GW2 you simply do whatever the hell you want to do.  The monthly/bi-weekly patches don't provide anything but new skins and achievements for the most part.  If you don't want the holographic wings you can ignore Dragon Bash, although the Dragon Ball pvp instance is quite fun.  Again, the new content that just released today rewards only achievements, a mini, and a new skin (monocle).  If you like 5 man dungeons the one just released is challenging and a lot of fun.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-dragon-bash/

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-guide-to-sky-pirates-of-tyria/

Nija, where did you leave off?  Did you get to 80?  Are you geared up?  Tell me what you WANT to do and I'll recommend a starting point.  One thing I recommend no matter your goal is doing the Daily/Monthly Achievements for the Laurel reward.  There are now a much larger variety of tasks to choose from so you can generally complete it by doing only things you want to do.  You can even just do 3 sPvP matches and get the daily Laurel that way.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel_merchant

most often known as Drevik
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 26, 2013, 12:15:55 AM

Liking this new dungeon a lot... definitely way better than the other dungeons, though Molten Facility was still better overall I think. The first boss is a definite pug-killer -- in my group, 3 people died ~15 seconds into phase 3 (with the slow lazers + fast lazers at the same time) and it took for-freaking-ever to kill the golems as a ranger (with perma-dead pet) and support-spec elementalist (basically I'd squeeze off a lava font + flame burst between all that running, and that was it). The fact that the golems kept changing direction and running into the walls even if we were kiting them properly didn't help, but I assume that was addressed in the hotfix. Also, the third 'run from zillions of AOE circles on the ground' cannon phase on the last boss is a killer... how long does it last, 3 minutes?!

I also dig what they did to staff elementalists. It felt very sluggish to play before, and all of the staple skills feel more responsive now with the reduced cast/aftercast times. Air attunement is still mostly crap for general use, but oh well!

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:56 AM

They gutted the ranger class. Long Bow is now bugged or broken, it's hitting for a lot less than it did before. Pets are also dying faster and their F2 skill is lucky if it activates at all :( This shits me as I had got to 15 agony resist on mine as a SB/LB P/P build.

They really need a trait that you can select to get rid of the fucking useless pet and boost the ranger's dps. I can't even imagine taking my ranger into a fractal now, so it's back to guardian or warrior for me or start levelling my ele or necro's fractal level

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Is this game dead or?  
Jump to: