Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 3: There Will Be Blood! Also Bowls. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 3: There Will Be Blood! Also Bowls.  (Read 23189 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: March 07, 2013, 03:31:53 PM

Another day successfully ended on schedule! Awesome work team!

Here are day 2s results:

And here are the fixtures for day 3:

The deadline for these matches is Sunday March 17th. Please be sure to organise them as early as you can to give yourself the best chance of finishing on time.

Rankings after two game days!

40k Division

Back to back victories from Ulysees and EricSwiftblade see them take a early lead but both have yet to face their strongest opposition.

Hail Caesar Division

A tight spread amongst all the coaches, no-one has drawn more than 2 points ahead of the pack.

Hordes Division

As with 40k, two coaches off to a good start but there's a long way to go yet.

Tamurkhan Division

Yet another division where two coaches have consecutive wins. Closer than most however.

Here be more stats!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:35:50 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:38:59 PM

HAHAHAHA

MAKE YOUR TIME SPAIN  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? awesome, for real
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:08:12 PM

PM sent to Willisterman.

It's been a long time since I've played against Dwarves...

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 04:22:03 PM

When do you want to take your beating, luckton? I've got some plans at 8pm Eastern tonight which should be cleared up by 10ish. Tomorrow is no good. Rest of time should be good.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:52:36 PM

HaemishH, looks like you're two hours ahead of me.  Here's when I'm available
- Thursday (tonight!), but it's pretty short notice.  Might be able to catch on steam.
- Friday won't work due to scheduling RPGing.
- Weekend is also rough as my schedule is uncertain.  Difficult, but possible if nothing else works.
- Monday evening or during the day most anytime.
- Tuesday day or late evening, after 11pm your time.
- Wednesday is out
- Thursday evening ro during the day most anytime.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 05:41:24 PM

When do you want to take your beating, luckton? I've got some plans at 8pm Eastern tonight which should be cleared up by 10ish. Tomorrow is no good. Rest of time should be good.

Ugh, another Block vs Block null match  swamp poop

Let's shoot for Monday/Tuesday.  Working my long weekend of 12-hour shifts back-to-back-to-back this weekend.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 06:34:52 PM

Sounds like weakling talk to me, but Tuesday would work.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 10:56:13 PM

Drew Falconeer,

Can you play Saturday? I'm GMT.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 10:59:58 PM

proudft, maybe we shd delay this a bit, i've been unwell after spending too much time on Crusader Kings.
Maybe tomorrow perhaps, when I'm well rested.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:10 AM

PM sent to Willisterman.

It's been a long time since I've played against Dwarves...

Unskilled newb dwarves...  This isn't going to be a fun match at all.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 03:41:15 AM

Ezrast is your friday or sat night work me might be able to do that.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45:49 AM

Vast Mountain Raiders met Fursecution and the result was entirely opposite to the state of play on the pitch.

I kicked and the Orcs caged up as usual after getting off to an excellent start by injuring Let Me Tell You About My Fursona. The Skaven started badly when a Gutter Runner dodge went bad and even burning a reroll didn't help. Tyhe next Skaven turn was just as bad when a 3 die blitz from Headsplitter came up 3x both down versus an opponent with Block. Loner ate another reroll to no effect and the Orcs effectively had three turns in a row. There was a big scrum in the middle around the Orc cage and eventually I got both Headsplitter and Secretly a Unicorn in there. Two Rat Ogres was a little more than the Orcs could handle at once especially as their Troll kept failing Stupid rolls. Eventually I got a blitz on the ball carrier and a lucky bounce sent the ball behind the Orc cage and within range of Yiffy who has done extremely well in previous games as well. He ran it up out of range of the Orcs and waited for the clock to run down. There was a hairy moment when the Orcs managed to get a marker with Tackle on him but I Have A Backstory You Know came charging in and rescued Yiffy, allowing him to score on the last turn without having to make a dodge.

Despite the pounding of the first half I was still able to field 11 players for the second. The Skaven made the ball safe then knocked a hole in the Orc lines to fill their backfield with furry bodies. Another big scrap began to form in the middle but the ball was well away from it. I was mugging any Orcs that made it into my half well enough but I had no cover to get the ball forwards. Eventually I figured that the Orcs were decently entangled and ran forwards with a light screen down the clearest wing. The Orcs broke some players free and started marking me up more aggressively and I made a dumb mistake by running forwards and passing the ball to a player who was in scoring range. I thought I'd be able to grab a quick score but the player I passed to had already moved that turn. Having to change my plan in a hurry, I knocked down his marker and then screened him as well as I could. It wasn't quite enough and the Orcs knocked Yiffy down but the ball was still loose at the end of their turn. A bit of judicious blocking and dodging gave Not Going To Lie, Fur is Hot a clear path to pick up the ball and hand it off to I Was Born A Dragon You Know who had a short, risk-free walk into the Orc endzone. Here a weird thing happened. I had my player selected, I picked the square he was to move to and I got the usual line of green circles but nothing happened when I clicked. For the last three seconds of the turn I clicked frantically but he refused to move. Luckily for me the Orcs were able to get a bunch of markers on him but couldn't blitz him and he was able to make the dodge to score on his next turn.

With that we had 3 turns each to play left and while my win seemed secure I was concerned about the safety of the team. Luckily I avoided serious injury and also prevented a last gasp dash for a consolation touchdown by mobbing the Orc runner with Gutter Runners.

I had two injuries, both just Badly Hurt and the Orcs had one when their Goblin got his foot tangled in the tail of a Rat Ogre.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 04:48:52 AM

Another game and another loss (0-2 against IanC's Fursecution) for the Vast Mountain Raiders Ohhhhh, I see.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 05:16:40 AM

According to the who's who Lightfax you are GMT-5 so my evening your late afternoon is probably going to work out best. Will look out for you between 5pm and 6pm your time tonight and the same on Saturday on Sunday I can make pretty much anytime from 10am until 7pm your time as long as you let me know in advance.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 05:59:56 AM

I guess it is fitting that I would have to play dwarves in a division full of claw and mighty blow after all that time with the Presidents.

Gruntle, what day and time works best for you?  Weekends and Mondays are generally all that I routinely have free.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 07:38:10 AM

Here a weird thing happened. I had my player selected, I picked the square he was to move to and I got the usual line of green circles but nothing happened when I clicked. For the last three seconds of the turn I clicked frantically but he refused to move.
I've had that happen more than a few times.  Anecdotally, moving the camera around seems to help; I generally try for a steep view angle.  Hard to test so who knows whether it actually makes a difference, but I rarely am unable to get past it.  That's most playing with 4 minute turns though, where there's more time to recover.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 07:42:32 AM

HaemishH, looks like you're two hours ahead of me.  Here's when I'm available
- Thursday (tonight!), but it's pretty short notice.  Might be able to catch on steam.
- Friday won't work due to scheduling RPGing.
- Weekend is also rough as my schedule is uncertain.  Difficult, but possible if nothing else works.
- Monday evening or during the day most anytime.
- Tuesday day or late evening, after 11pm your time.
- Wednesday is out
- Thursday evening ro during the day most anytime.

Most weeknights I'm available after 7:30 pm Central time (so about 5:30 pm your time) until 10ish (8 your time). Weekends are usually doable depending on the day and time.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 07:53:31 AM

Most weeknights I'm available after 7:30 pm Central time (so about 5:30 pm your time) until 10ish (8 your time). Weekends are usually doable depending on the day and time.
Shall we aim for Monday at 6pm PST, 8pm CST?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 08:00:29 AM

Works for me.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 08:04:59 AM

Works for me.
Excellent, see you then.  Hopefully it'll be as crazy as the Skaven vs Skaven match last week!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:17 AM

Howdy Fildrigar -

I am out of town until Monday, I'll have a better grasp on my schedule for the rest of the week once I'm back and I'll try to schedule with you then.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:24 AM

Ramas, I sent you a msg here to arrange our game time. 940 TV difference, ... I can hire a full new team for that!!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 05:02:35 PM

Saw your message will pm you tomorrow when not drunk and able to process timezones.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 08:32:32 PM

Nope, I'll be working. My ideal times most days are around 15:00-20:00 GMT-6 / 07:00-12:00 GMT+10, though I can be around any time at all on your Tuesday or Wednesday (preferably still not before your 07:00 but I doubt you'd want to play then anyway).
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 08:43:29 PM

3-1 hippies over HHB.  now that teleku's figured out diving tackle i am powerless to stop him from scoring :( on the plus side, though, i killed a redshirt and naeltor is down to MV 4  swamp poop
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

Nope, I'll be working. My ideal times most days are around 15:00-20:00 GMT-6 / 07:00-12:00 GMT+10, though I can be around any time at all on your Tuesday or Wednesday (preferably still not before your 07:00 but I doubt you'd want to play then anyway).

Hmmm... ok! I will have to consider timezones. I think. Maybe sat your afternoon may work? (9:00 gtm +10 17:00 gmt -6?) Oh but I have daylight saving, so I'm gmt +11 at the moment. So... 16:00-20:00 your sat?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:55 PM

My Saturday afternoon, your Monday morning then. May the tentacliest team win.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 02:18:59 AM

And for the first time in a long time, the wrestlers didn't lose!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Wrestlers 1 - 1 Keep Rolling!

Man, that was painful.
Nuffle just has it in for me or something.
I remember willisterman getting bad dice once, maybe twice.
The only other problem he had was a miss click early in the game.

He played a solid game of slowly but inevitably moving down the pitch.
Morg and the rerolls for the death roller were solid buys and my team just slowly melted as we played.
His wizard did nothing, proving once again they can't handle the stupidity of Ogres.

First half I managed to run the ball down the pitch but couldn't quite make the goal line and with how slow both our teams are meant that it was an uneventful half.

Second half and the ball makes it's way to my endzone with 2 turns to spare.
Luckily and I use the word with all the poison that a game like this leave you with, I had rerolls left and the kick lands right next to one of my snotlings.
Of course, he can't catch it even with the help of the quick snap that puts him right under it, but a little help from Sid Vicious and he is soon flying over the dwarves (reroll) and running away for dear life.

Game uploaded. I haven't done this in a while so let me know if I've done anything wrong.

Note to self, the great snotling wall is not a good play.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 02:37:17 AM

Yep, fairly brutal match...  I really thought it was going to be first win for the dwarves, with two rounds left, but the snotling flew over my dwarves, and their little stubby bodies just couldn't catch him!   The troll slayer made a valiant effort to catch him, but failed, giving him a clear run to the line.  Boo!

Good game though, first level up for my team goes to a blocker.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 05:55:06 AM

So yeah, elf BS takes the day, with dice rolls skewing my way overall probably.

However, I did just discover a wonderful new bug.  Nealtor got Injured, and rolled Smashed Ankle, which is -MV, which he already had from a previous game.  I used the apoth (who I saved for just such a situation.  I let a level 2 elf with dodge DIE earlier in the game, just so I could save the apoth for something like this), and re-rolled him to Badly Hurt.  However, when the next kick off came around, I saw he was still Injured, and the game counted him as having gotten another smashed ankle.  I was really sure I hit badly hurt when the option came up, and I confirmed it by looking at the match data:

So it seems if you have a player with a lingering injury, and he gets that same injury again later, it wont register the reroll.  Any hope I can appeal this and get it fixed?  Do they even have customer support?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:27 AM

That's a weird bug Teleku. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you're hosed. Worth reporting anyway but I wouldn't expect that they'll fix your team as a result.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #31 on: March 09, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Oh, I can easily see how the bug happens.  They fucked up their logic when comparing variables somewhere.  My status variable already had Smashed Ankle in it, so it assumes that's what I picked on the apoth, due to some incorrectly laid out IF statements.  In short, Cyanide is horrible at programming.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:48:54 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 09, 2013, 12:42:47 PM

I guess it is fitting that I would have to play dwarves in a division full of claw and mighty blow after all that time with the Presidents.
Gruntle, what day and time works best for you?  Weekends and Mondays are generally all that I routinely have free.

I can do saturday afternoon or night, sunday afternoon or monday night. Whatever of those works best for you, i believe you're but 2 hours ahead of me timewise.

-G
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 09, 2013, 01:09:35 PM

So yeah, elf BS takes the day, with dice rolls skewing my way overall probably.

not to take away from naeltor's woes, but for me the most painful example was in the block dice - teleku didn't roll nearly as many, but got 8 pows to my 13. compare that to 4 skulls to my 19  cry  i blitzed a wardancer just about every turn, usually with my frenzy/tackle guy, and making sure to roll three dice as frequently as possible.  despite that, i couldn't down those wardancers to save my life.  super painful.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: March 09, 2013, 02:16:23 PM

My Saturday afternoon, your Monday morning then. May the tentacliest team win.

I think you meant your Sat? my Sunday? (as I can't do Monday due to the work thing)

Anyhow I'm online now for the next 14 hours or so, so hopefully we can do it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 3: There Will Be Blood! Also Bowls.  
Jump to: