Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:34:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128100 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #175 on: November 03, 2015, 11:38:12 PM

33% off for no reason. I guess the NAF official League queue times are getting longer.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: November 04, 2015, 12:11:49 AM

33% off for no reason. I guess the NAF official League queue times are getting longer.

Still too much.  Let me know when it's around $15...with all teams.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: November 05, 2015, 01:06:27 AM

Dode74, super old moderator and pivotal BB online person, resigned as a moderator with a public letter that exposes Cyanide for being even bigger morons than we thought they could be. What a bunch of fucking idiots.

http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=6772

Some time after BB1 was released I took up the role as moderator here in order to help people enjoy the great game of Blood Bowl using Cyanide's BB client. This concept was epitomised on the release of LE when the ability to create player-run open leagues led to me being asked by several members of the community to start an alternative to Naggaroth/Auld, which is what spawned FOL. At the time Cyanide were extremely helpful, providing data to help me police it and, along with some great help from people like Verbal_HM, create an open league environment where people had good odds of getting a full game played.

With that came greater communication with both Cyanide and Focus, and the opportunity to take part in several of their other related projects such as Star Coach and Dungeonbowl. It was taking part in the latter, and a look through the database, which led to discovery of the Khorne roster, a quick look at which showed how much assistance Cyanide needed to create something which wasn't going to break the game. I was asked to help and brought in a few people, including people of ex-BBRC fame, to create the roster seen in BBCE now. The process was rather fraught, and involved a lot of restrictions and what I considered to be a "backwards" method of creating a team. A Khorne team was eventually released with CE, and, like it or loathe it, it performs as the design intended. A frank discussion was had with Cyanide about the process and little more was said until they approached me for help with BB2 in 2013.

The development and discussion cycle for BB2 was different. No longer were Cyanide interested in anything I or any of the other very experienced coaches and league managers had to say about the game, despite some apparent initial interest. When several of us expressed scepticism at some of their design decisions it seems we, as a group, were cut off almost entirely: they merely used us to test for bugs. Even that was nigh-on impossible given the extraordinary lack of communication, the failure to inform us of what the game rules should be (we had no idea whether the human catcher change was a bug or not), the almost unusable dice log, and the near total lack of any organised testing at all - I think we had a Focus "run" tournament towards the end of the test period, but otherwise it was more a case of "here's the game, see what you can do". There was no directed testing of specifics such as league management, skill interaction or individual skill mechanics. That kind of approach can work in a very large open beta where someone, somewhere will try just about anything, but with only about 20 people at most, no in-game communication, and no direction as to what to test the closed beta was seen by me and many others as a total and utter waste of everyone's time: we weren't listened to even when we did report what we saw as bugs, we were merely a drain on resource rather than any sort of enabler.

So now we are at BB2 release, and some weeks afterwards we finally have confirmation that all those things we thought were bugs are actually intentional. The game is fundamentally changed in many ways, particularly with the broken bank system and the changes to skills being mandatory. Add to that the lack of any sort of progress from BB1 in terms of matchmaking (and VoodooMike did all the groundwork they need to create a better system than what they had), nonsense justifications of the changes they have made, a total lack of any commitment to future team creation, and no improvement in their communication other than a whitewash AMA where little of any substance was actually answered and I find that I can't in good conscience continue as moderator here with the same intent with which I started.

Blood Bowl is a great game, but Cyanide's Blood Bowl 2 is a debasement of it. The graphics are nice, the aesthetic is great, but Cyanide have taken too many steps backwards in terms of mechanics even from BB1 for me to be able to do what I tried to do with that game in good conscience: I can't try to help people enjoy BB2 more because I don't believe it is a game worth helping people with and, while I accept that different people want different things from their gaming, I think anyone who would willingly choose BB2 over BB1 (for all its failings, and there are many) is choosing style over substance. BB2 is not, in my opinion, worth playing, and therefore the forums are not worth my time to moderate (although I will most certainly come here to bitch about the game plenty!). I therefore resign as a moderator here.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: November 05, 2015, 07:10:55 AM

And just today, they posted about what is supposed to come in the future. Pretty much, just all the basic features that were in BB1 and didn't make it into BB2  awesome, for real

Main topics Cyanide is currently working on:

• Dice log history during the matches
• Juggernaut skill optional on "Both Down "
• Players placement phase accelerated (teleportation)
• Access to rosters during the inducements
• Option to display Player's names during the match
• Display the players missing the next game on the roster page
• Search tool for the replays
• Add more replays in Cabal TV (all those of the last 10 days)
• Option to change the options of an active league
• Option to display the grid during a match
• Reconnection to a match after a crash (PC only)
• Display fame and gold roll at the end of a match
• Server news displayed on the home page
• When buying players, display the price of a reroll
• Detailed stats for each player
• Option to validate a match in multiplayer competition (Round Robin, Knockout) without a commissioner
• Option to disable Jim & Bob subtitles
• Level up available for a team displayed on the shield of the team

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #179 on: November 05, 2015, 08:55:57 AM

Wait, none of that shit was currently in BB2? ... The fuck?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #180 on: November 06, 2015, 10:36:53 AM

Man, that's just embarrassing.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: November 12, 2015, 08:12:27 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/3sj0ez/latest_bb2_patch_removes_team_colours_moves_to/

If accurate, it looks like some options for team colors and such that have been available since launch are being moved behind a micro transaction pay wall.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: November 12, 2015, 08:40:25 AM

Out of all the bullshit Cyanide always pulls off, this is nothing. When you create a team, you can pick a jersey out of about 20 or so different ones. This morning's patch introduced the Shop which will be used for cosmetic stuff, like jersey and skins, or new teams. Lizardmen and Wood Elf are available for purchase at 7 euros ($) although everyone who bought the game in the first week got it for free. Even the Star Players are "for sale" in the Shop although their price is... "free". They explained that this is because in June when they built the shop interface they didn't think they could make the Star PLayers for launch so they were planning to sell them later. Eventualy, they made it so we all have them for free, but they left them in the shop to show that we all got that content for free (  why so serious? ).

So anyway, the jerseys, who cares. If they moved some of the jerseys that were for free in the cash shop it's a big whatever. Personally, I am pretty sure all the jerseys that are in the shop are new so no big deal. But IF (and I said IF) a couple of those that were supposed to be for free landed in the cash shop it's just a big huge whatever. Cyanide is such a poor company that I can't really give a fuck about a move like this. It seems to me that the Shop at the moment is just there as a beta test and no one will buy any jersey from there until they put something more interesting, like armour upgrades and new skins.

So, in short, even if what they say happened really happened, and I am not sure it did no matter the screenshots, it's par for the course with Cyanide but it's a non-issue whereas what sucks is that we still have zero options for Leagues, no ability to reconnect to a crashed game, no grid on the field, no names on players, and so on...

P.S: About the "real money" currency. One thing that is nice is that whoever has it (because you bought it or because you earned some in the campaign I believe) can put it up as a reward for Leagues. So basically, I can buy 1000 "Cyans" and decide that whoever wins the next League gets 500, the second 200 and so on. Until they populate the inventory it's all bullshit, but in the long run it's a nice way to create in-game prizes for the Leagues. Remember when I used to put up a Steam game out of my pockets as first prize for our f13 League?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:43:50 AM by Falconeer »

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: November 12, 2015, 10:37:37 AM

Looks like it was either in error or back tracked on already either way - https://twitter.com/BloodBowl_Game/status/664863393602490368

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: November 19, 2015, 02:14:07 AM

HAHAHAAH oh boys, I just hit "Delete League" by mistake a few minutes ago as I was trying to delete a mock Competition inside the League I made up for testing purposes, and WITH NO CONFIRMATION BOX I just erased the entire League I am running with friends. The last 2 months of games is gone.

Good job Cyanide! So hard to put in a confirmation box, right? Unbelievable. I don't know who I want to kick harder, myself or them stupid idiots.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #185 on: November 19, 2015, 06:56:38 AM

HAHAHAAH oh boys, I just hit "Delete League" by mistake a few minutes ago as I was trying to delete a mock Competition inside the League I made up for testing purposes, and WITH NO CONFIRMATION BOX I just erased the entire League I am running with friends. The last 2 months of games is gone.

Good job Cyanide! So hard to put in a confirmation box, right? Unbelievable. I don't know who I want to kick harder, myself or them stupid idiots.

Have they changed the league seeding UI or is it still the ridiculous piece of shit from BB1?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: November 19, 2015, 07:23:16 AM

It's probably worse, if I remember things right. I haven't toyed around with it much since we were just creating a League of 8 from scratch, but seems that you can't seed anything here.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #187 on: November 23, 2015, 03:08:50 PM

I applaud your efforts in betatesting this for the rest of us!

o7

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #188 on: November 23, 2015, 04:24:57 PM

I'm snap buying this 100% if it hits -75% off for either of the two big steam sales to end the year. But Cyanide sure doesn't deserve the money.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 23, 2015, 04:42:19 PM

Wait for the inevitable expansions, or at least until they announce their dlc/future teams plan.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: November 23, 2015, 05:22:37 PM

Wait for the inevitable Blood Bowl 2 Special Edition, where they add three teams, fix the least annoying bugs, and try and charge everyone full price again.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #191 on: November 23, 2015, 07:05:31 PM

I've heard they are adding 3 new teams soon, so I assume that'll happen before/around holidays. That will tell a lot about how they expect to be able to do it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: November 23, 2015, 11:26:40 PM

At the moment extra teams are 7$ each, I think.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: November 27, 2015, 06:14:21 AM

Now at 40% for the Steam Fall sale. Including 40% the Wood Elves and Lizardmen.

I'm with Hoax though. Needs to be cheaper for the current level of quality/expectation.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #194 on: November 29, 2015, 10:07:18 AM

40% wasn't anywhere near enough for this current iteration. Which sucks I've been craving the shit outta some bbowl

-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: November 29, 2015, 04:11:39 PM

Give it some time. There will probably be another upsurge in BB mania on F13 around the first competent re-release, so there will probably be another league being run.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: November 29, 2015, 04:13:57 PM

Now at 40% for the Steam Fall sale. Including 40% the Wood Elves and Lizardmen.

I'm with Hoax though. Needs to be cheaper for the current level of quality/expectation.

It needs to be under $20 with a lot more teams before I even think of buying.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #197 on: November 30, 2015, 02:13:49 AM

Give it some time. There will probably be another upsurge in BB mania on F13 around the first competent re-release, so there will probably be another league being run.

Unless I suffer some kind of head injury, i doubt that I'll be running it. Cyanide have broken me of my BB crush  Heartbreak

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: November 30, 2015, 02:19:17 AM

After I move to the US, and after many patches to BB2, I might consider it. After all, it would be much easier for me to schedule most of my games.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #199 on: November 30, 2015, 08:01:01 AM

Yeah, based on what I've heard, I'm not even close to buying this shit for more than $10.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: December 04, 2015, 12:00:22 PM

Blog post with screenshots of upcoming stuff being patched in.

I mean, the way they word it, it sounds like they forgot that they made Blood Bowl 1?

Many of you wished for an option to display more info on the pitch during a match, such as a grid, player levels, skills and names. We thought that was a great idea.

Wasn't it a great idea when we had it the first time? swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #201 on: December 04, 2015, 01:43:14 PM

swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: December 04, 2015, 05:30:00 PM

Nice resolution on those screenshot.

These fucking Cyanide folks are some of the dumbest idiots that ever made games.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: December 05, 2015, 06:54:51 PM

Have they changed the league seeding UI or is it still the ridiculous piece of shit from BB1?

I finally had to deal with this: there is NO LEAGUE OR PLAYOFF SEEDING. It's a random draw, that's it. I was setting up the playoffs for my friends' League according to Championship rankings and realized we can't do it as the game just wants to shuffle the 8 participants in random matchups. The workaround is to create a Ladder League and have the players setup their own games according to the matchups you have decided outside of the game. Cyanide makes me puke.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 03:25:31 AM by Falconeer »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #204 on: December 05, 2015, 09:21:25 PM

How is it even possible that they would think that's acceptable?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #205 on: December 06, 2015, 07:36:42 AM

How is it even possible that they would think that's acceptable?

They thought that the previous system was acceptable as well.

If you've never had to manually seed a BB league, you cannot possibly imagine just what a colossal pile of shit the previous league seeding interface was. You know all those arbitrary choices with vague and unhelpful tootips in the main league creation screen? Well imagine that except there are no tooltips at all, vague or otherwise, and also that the interface doesn't have any kind of logical flow to it.

You have a split window with a drop down for each. The drop down lets you select between 'qualified' and 'not qualified' teams without explaining what those terms mean in this context - you have the same choices even in a brand new knockout league.

Selecting either of those options gives you a list of all the current matchups. Then you have to play some kind of 6 dimensional Tetris by swapping teams from one window to the other until you end up with the correct matchups. Except that you can only swap a player on one side of the matchup with a player on the same side, so often you need to go through multiple swaps until you get a particular combination right, then go back and undo all the swaps you had to make to achieve that. The first time I tried to do it I had literally no clue what I had to do, I ended up having to get Falc on Skype to talk me through it because nothing made any sense to me.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: December 06, 2015, 09:14:51 AM

I finally had to deal with this: there is NO LEAGUE OR PLAYOFF SEEDING. It's a random draw, that's it. I was setting up the playoffs for my friends' League according to Championship rankings and realized we can't do it as the game just wants to shuffle the 8 participants in random matchups. The workaround is to create a Ladder League and have the players setup their own games according to the matchups you have decided outside of the game. Cyanide makes me puke.

Scratch al that. Workaround doesn't work as the Ladder system doesn't allow to validate or reset matches. In case of a disconnection, you are fucked as one team will get a concession win and 10SPP that it will never be able to drop.

New Workaround is to create lots of 2-teams Knockout Competitions, one for every single matchup. It wouldn't be too bad ( why so serious? ) if it wasn't for the fact that for every single match you have to send out invitations to the two Coaches, that have to accept it, and STILL can't play until the commissioner validates their accepted tickets and "starts" the "Competition". This for every single game in any leg of a knockout competition/Playoff.

I have so much hate in me now.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #207 on: December 06, 2015, 09:50:34 AM

I'm sure eventually they will hear our good ideas about at least having the old shitty BB1 system and add it to BB2.

Are the BB2 devs trying to be worse than MWO or something? Why does this keep happening to me?

-William Gibson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: December 06, 2015, 01:45:07 PM

There is something to be said about fumbbl here, but you know, hahaha.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: December 17, 2015, 02:29:28 AM

Big stuff. They are adding 4 more races (Norse, Nurgle, Undead, Necromantic) and for some reason they are giving it away for free.

Own Blood Bowl 2? 4 future races for free!
17 DECEMBER   - NETHEOS
Hey Coaches,

It has been a very busy 3 months since the release of Blood Bowl 2, and we’ve dedicated them to ironing out the game. Our third big client update is here, with loads of improvements and many awaited features.

In addition to this major update, we'd like to give you more info about what's planned for Blood Bowl 2 in the coming months:

We have started in October the production of 4 additional races (Norse, Undead, Nurgle and Necromantic). As we want to thank you all for your support since the very beginning helping us make Blood Bowl 2 a great success, we decided that if you own Blood Bowl 2, you’ll get these races for free!

As long as you own Blood Bowl 2 before the launch of a race DLC, you’ll get that DLC and subsequent DLC for free, from the list of four planned DLCs.

The first new race to come (the Norse) should be available at the end of February. The three races remaining will release one after the other on a regular basis.

Thank you once again for your constant feedback and support on Blood Bowl 2,
See you on the pitch!

Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive

Also, today's patch adds pretty much all the stuff I was asking for, minus decent League management tools. So a grid, player names, player stats, dice log, and most importantly recconection after a crash. Also, not sure if real, but looks like ALL REPLAYS are saved on their servers for ten days and can be viewed from the schedule page of any competition. Have to test it to believe it.

UPDATE 2.0.9.1 PATCHLOG
Hey Coaches,

We are glad to release today the third big client update for Blood Bowl 2 on PC.
You can find more info HERE on our decision to offer all the races to come to players who currently own Blood Bowl 2.

General info:
Version : 2.0.9.1
Size : 698 MB

Match
o Coach View: you can now activate the coach view and display a grid on the field along with other strategic information: the names of the players, their levels, their positional names and their skills. (keyboard: Ctrl)
o Teleport will now replace players movements during the set-up phase.
o Extended dice log: you can now open the dice log by clicking on it to display more information on the previous actions.
o The Juggernaut skill is now optional on ‘Both Down’ result: the cancel of Wrestle, Stand Firm and Fend is applied but the player can choose (or not) to change his result in a Push.
o AI speed has been improved.

Menus
o During the inducement phase, you can now have a look at your team and the opponent’s team.
o Self-match validation in Round-Robin and Knockout competitions: players can now validate the result of their match without a commissioner if they both validate the match. This option can be turned-off.
o A feedback is displayed on the team shield when one player is ready to level up.
o In the roster page, a feedback is now displayed on the players who will miss the next game.
o News feed on the main page
o A new statistic tab has been added for all players.
o New search option for replays and lives: players can now search replay using team, coach and league names.
o You can now reconnect to a match after a crash.
o You can now turn-off subtitles.
o Fame and result dice are displayed at the end of a match.
o You can now change the settings of an active league and competition.
o You can now check the cost of the staff during team creation.
o New tie-breaker system
o It is now possible to access the match reports and replays in the schedule tab of a league (replays are available during 10 days on our server).
o A third half will start automatically at the end of the second match of a knockout competition in two legged tie if the two teams are to a draw after 2 matches.
o The Two Legged Tie matches now take into account the Touchdown gap to determine the winner.

Bug Fixes
o Fix of a bug preventing the team with the higher team value to start choosing inducements in ladder
o Fix of an issue preventing the ageing system from working properly.
o It is now possible to Leap during a Pass Block, and to move several players with Pass Block during a Pass
o It is now possible to use Multiple Block after a succeeded Jump Up
o Fix of a ball desynchronisation issue when a player pick up the ball and dodge in the same movement.
o Fix of an issue preventing a turnover after the use of Shadowing skill
o The fireball effect is now compliant with the LRB6 and is not applied to the players already on the ground.
o Fix of an issue preventing the use of an Apothicary on a foul to be taken into account
o Fix of an issue consuming a reroll when a bribe was used.
o Fix of an issue blocking the turn timer at 0.
o Fix of an issue preventing the use of Multiple Block and Stab with a pad.
o The interception SPP are now properly gained when Safe Throw is used.
o Fix of a crash when using Dodge and Diving Tackle in certain conditions.
o Fix of an issue in the 8th campaign match causing the disappearance of the Cabalcopter event.

Known issues
o An administrator can't change the settings of a competition created by another administrator.
o An issue can occur with the name generation of the journeymen.
o The skill Claw takes into account the players with less than 7 AV as if they had 7 AV.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 02:34:00 AM by Falconeer »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: