Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128112 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #140 on: September 15, 2015, 02:15:36 AM

Oh? Wow. I am so out of the loop then. I didn't know you could, otherwise I would have watched some of the hot matches or the finals of our League back in the days.

I think it's only with BB:CE though. Spectating (in BB1 at least, I haven't seen how BB2 does it) is a nice idea that Cyanide fucked up in implementation. If you choose to spectate a match, you basically get the replay file for that game and you watch it from the beginning, even if you join near the end, and there's no way to fast forward or skip ahead to where players actually are at the moment.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #141 on: September 15, 2015, 03:33:48 AM

I bought Blood Bowl a few years ago, but at that time I didn't manage to squeeze enough time to learn it (tried the boardgame version when I was a kid).

I imagine that rules will stay exactly the same with Blood Bowl 2 (in other words, it's still Blood Bowl), no matter the differences with the interface, graphic upgrades and whatever else. In other words, I can start "training" with the first game and eventually decide to upgrade to "2" later on, without missing anything, right?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #142 on: September 15, 2015, 04:58:53 AM

I bought Blood Bowl a few years ago, but at that time I didn't manage to squeeze enough time to learn it (tried the boardgame version when I was a kid).

I imagine that rules will stay exactly the same with Blood Bowl 2 (in other words, it's still Blood Bowl), no matter the differences with the interface, graphic upgrades and whatever else. In other words, I can start "training" with the first game and eventually decide to upgrade to "2" later on, without missing anything, right?

Yes, the core turn based rules should be the same between versions. There might be some specific things that change from a UI perspective (how certain skills and abilities such as Leap, Bloodlust, Transfixing Gazze, etc work) but the underlying mechanics should be identical. If you want to get some multiplayer games in then I'm sure there are a number of people in this thread who would be happy to line up a friendly match or two. You'd just need to make a team or two and stick them in the f13 Feeder league (which IIRC is admined by Eldaec).

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #143 on: September 15, 2015, 07:47:33 AM

Oh? Wow. I am so out of the loop then. I didn't know you could, otherwise I would have watched some of the hot matches or the finals of our League back in the days.

I think it's only with BB:CE though. Spectating (in BB1 at least, I haven't seen how BB2 does it) is a nice idea that Cyanide fucked up in implementation. If you choose to spectate a match, you basically get the replay file for that game and you watch it from the beginning, even if you join near the end, and there's no way to fast forward or skip ahead to where players actually are at the moment.

At least that one is fixed now in BB2. If you join a live match you spectate truly live. Meaning if I join an underway match, I'll start watching the turn actually being played. You can also hit the "rewind" button and it clearly skips back to the last played action as if it were reading the replay file, but you can still hit fast forward and basically catch up again with the live action in real time. It is far from perfect, but it is a nice addition and based on what you say an upgrade from BB1.

About Lucas questions, yes as Iain said. Basically it's like Chess. The interface can change but the rules are set in stone.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: September 15, 2015, 12:46:29 PM

I'm not a feeder league commissioner I don't think.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 15, 2015, 01:19:45 PM

Oh god I hope I am not the only one still. I passed it to someone three years ago. Ruvaldt, maybe? I could either try and log in, or check back into that thread.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #146 on: September 15, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Lamaros is one I believe.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #147 on: September 15, 2015, 06:41:20 PM

There should be a few; I am one as well, iirc.

Did they seriously remove Pass Block as a skill?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: September 15, 2015, 11:46:48 PM

As far as I know a lot of stuff like the Pass Block thing is just a bug or a sign of how not-ready-for-launch this is.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: September 15, 2015, 11:51:32 PM

Yeah I can add people to feeder league if they need too.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #150 on: September 16, 2015, 02:54:58 AM

As far as I know a lot of stuff like the Pass Block thing is just a bug or a sign of how not-ready-for-launch this is.

There's also no 'ask' option for skills any more. So now your Wrestle guy wrestles every time, likewise other situational skills like Shadowing, Stand Firm, Fend, Stab, Multiple Block and Piling On will always fire now.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: September 16, 2015, 03:01:59 AM

There's also no 'ask' option for skills any more. So now your Wrestle guy wrestles every time, likewise other situational skills like Shadowing, Stand Firm, Fend, Stab, Multiple Block and Piling On will always fire now.

That makes skills like piling on a liability rather than a nice option for some situations.  swamp poop
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: September 16, 2015, 03:06:54 AM

Exactly. The kind of stuff that cannot be intentional and will certainly be fixed, but in the meantime makes this client a joke.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 16, 2015, 08:38:00 AM

My FB feed just reminded me that this thing launches in six days.   swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #154 on: September 16, 2015, 08:44:47 AM

Exactly. The kind of stuff that cannot be intentional and will certainly be fixed, but in the meantime makes this client a joke.

That's quite some generosity topped with optimism there.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #155 on: September 16, 2015, 09:16:35 AM

Yeah, just based on the 4 versions of the original Cyanide game I bought, none of which fixed the major glaring problems with the interface that hindered it, tells me that expecting those Frenchie fuckers to fix anything is wildly optimistic, bordering on serious cognitive malfunction.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: September 17, 2015, 04:56:01 AM

BETA STATUS UPDATE
Hey Coaches!

It's been one week since we launched the beta and we are really happy with all the feedback we continue to receive from such an active community!

Our top priority is to deal with the remaining technical issues that are preventing a few players from accessing to the beta.

We're thrilled to see so many people participating in the beta to help us polish Blood Bowl 2 before its official release, and we're pleased to say we're working on what looks to be urgent in terms of the number of people reporting the feedback:

- Move the “End turn” button position to avoid misclicks
- Fix a bug preventing you from seeing the league/tournament settings
- “Pass Block” is being worked on at the moment.

That’s only a first step and we’ll keep working on your feedback in the next weeks.

Thanks again for your dedication to help us make a great game!

Have fun,
Cyanide Studios & Focus Home Interactive

Yeah, fuck you Cyanide.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: September 23, 2015, 03:06:05 PM

See it's only $33 at GreenManGaming as the VIP sale right now....tempted.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: September 24, 2015, 01:17:38 AM

See it's only $33 at GreenManGaming as the VIP sale right now....tempted.

I was tempted especially when they have a -20% off digital coupon right now but unfortunately it doesn't work on bb2 (which you only find out when checking out) so I guess I'll wait for it to hit steam summer sale next year.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: September 24, 2015, 02:07:13 AM

Unless you really want to see something new for the sake of it (like me, often), there are no good reasons to buy Blood Bowl 2 now.

Because:

- The price will go down.
- It will include more teams.
- It will have less bugs.
- It probably will have a few more features. We are talking about stuff that was in Blood Bowl 1 anyway and that was cut here.

This game is just another paid beta, or Early Access as they call it these days.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: September 24, 2015, 03:58:09 AM

Early reviews are reflecting what Falc is saying. This game wasn't ready for launch, but they wanted money that badly. Pass Block still isn't fixed, and bugs are still running rampant.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: September 24, 2015, 04:52:02 AM

Pass Block is the least of this software's issues, and what bothers me is that they keep mentioning that they are working on it as if it were some immense task that we should be happy they agreed to fix. Also, yes, busg are there, but BB2 biggest issue is just the vast amount of things missing that are/were in BB1. They are not gonna fix that anytime soon.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: September 24, 2015, 05:06:36 AM

You'd think that they would have a pretty good idea on how to implement pass block from the first game unless it's some unholy jumble of code they can't decipher now (it's not like the mechanic has changed?).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: September 24, 2015, 06:46:00 AM

Breaking News: Lizardmen and Wood Elves are now in the game, and have been granted for free to anyone who preordered. Originally, preorder only granted you 1 extra race. ALSO, anyone who got the game on Steam after launch and within the next 5 hours will get the Lizardmen for free.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: September 24, 2015, 08:12:05 AM

Waiting on Norse. Maybe the game will be playable by then.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #165 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:16 AM

Totally want to get back into this but I'm gonna try to wait out the first 75% sale. If it gets to -75% that's just short of 5 free dlc teams of your choice at the $7 rate I've heard thrown around.

Obviously even if you don't buy a dlc team you can play against them just not create a team with that race right? I know that sound stupid but this is Cyanide we are talking about.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: September 24, 2015, 11:14:27 AM

Yes of course.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: September 29, 2015, 04:10:59 PM

So I keep seeing Falc playing this in my Steam friend list...any thoughts you'd like to share on your experiences, Falc?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: September 29, 2015, 05:01:52 PM

Neh, not really  swamp poop

My real life friends, who stayed away from Blood Bowl 1 for NO GOOD REASON, saw some screenshots and videos and all of a sudden they got interested in Blood Bowl 2 before it even launched. So now they want to play, grow their teams and form a League. I am happy to play with them, of course, so I am pretending everything's fine, but as I mentioned multiple times while there are some pleasant aspects in this BB2, it just isn't a proper tool to play Blood Bowl at the moment. Too many missing quality of life features, plus a less than optimal board to play on (no grid, no tackle zones, no nameplates. Hell it even gets hard to tell your team from the opposition at times).

It's OK to play for shit and giggles, it's fun for new players, but it's unacceptable to play semi-seriously.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: September 30, 2015, 01:38:00 AM

My favourite new feature is the spectator tool. It allows you to catch up with live matches you've missed the beginning of with much better control than in the past, and actually follow the game play-by-play in real time with virtually no delay. That allows us to have two people playing and everyone watching and cheering in Teasmpeak which is nothing we couldn't do if they were just streaming on Twitch, but as I said this is in real-real time and at the same time you are not just watching TV but actively moving the camera and clicking on whatever you wanna click to check players.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #170 on: September 30, 2015, 11:21:44 AM

plus a less than optimal board to play on (no grid, no tackle zones, no nameplates. Hell it even gets hard to tell your team from the opposition at times).

Wait... what?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: September 30, 2015, 11:24:16 AM

Exactly.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #172 on: October 01, 2015, 01:11:12 AM

That makes skills like piling on a liability rather than a nice option for some situations.  swamp poop

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: October 02, 2015, 02:43:17 AM

New patch is another bag of nothingness (although they have finally fixed pass block), but at least they will tell us some other bullshit next Wednesday.

That's why we're organizing a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) Wednesday October 7th from 4:00PM to 6:00PM CEST with the development team where we'll answer all your questions on Blood Bowl 2!

While I am sure they will be good at dodging real questions, I am interested as I think Cyanide is the least vocal company ever and I want to hear a few things about where this is going and why does it suck so much for an sequel.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #174 on: October 07, 2015, 10:45:44 AM

This just happened. Versus Lizardmen, and those down are not just Skinks.  awesome, for real

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: