Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:03:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128103 times)
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #70 on: November 04, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

DLC teams make a lot more sense, glad to hear it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: November 04, 2014, 04:06:15 PM

DLC is fine.

Spending the first year or more with only 7 teams is not.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: November 04, 2014, 04:16:49 PM

8, unless you're deliberately not counting Bretonnians which is understandable.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #73 on: November 05, 2014, 04:36:40 AM

No Amazon? *faxing Anita Sarkeesian*

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #74 on: November 05, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

Do we have a list of which teams are in?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: November 05, 2014, 03:29:07 PM

Do we have a list of which teams are in?

As far as I know it's Humans, Orcs, Dwarfs, High Elves, Dark Elves, Skaven, Chaos, and Bretonnians (their new made up "Arthurian Knight" race).
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: November 05, 2014, 03:32:45 PM

Cool, thanks. The Bretonnians aren't made-up afaik, they are a custom roster that's been floating around for a while.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: November 05, 2014, 03:33:49 PM

Also - odd choice to take HE and DE, but not woodies.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #78 on: November 05, 2014, 05:27:14 PM

Yeah, there is no official Bretonnian team, but they've existed in various forms for decades.  Cyanide including them isn't much of a stretch, especially if they use Plasmoid's version which has been extensively playtested.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #79 on: November 06, 2014, 06:17:14 AM

Plasmoids looks.... pretty underpowered and boring compared to most.  From the stats it looks totally uncompetative compared to most of the main teams.  If they're going to make a team like that, I wish they'd have thrown in some hilarious team gimick to make it more amusing (but they seem to be against such things).
Also - odd choice to take HE and DE, but not woodies.
Mob

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: November 06, 2014, 06:23:49 AM

I think they seem ok power wise. Cheap linesmen, ok for the rest. Would be a decent side with a decent coach. Slann would perhaps be more interesting, but eh.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 02, 2014, 01:03:25 PM

From the Bloodbowl Facebook page:

"Something big is coming up in a few days. Increase the volume of your speakers."

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #82 on: March 06, 2015, 10:55:50 AM

A few days turns out to mean about three months. Howevre Gamespot has a video and some very loose details. Release date is June 2015 apparently. No-one else seems to be reporting this however.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 06, 2015, 11:21:10 AM

A few days turns out to mean about three months. Howevre Gamespot has a video and some very loose details. Release date is June 2015 apparently. No-one else seems to be reporting this however.
Looks like alot of cosmetic fluff that will just hinder the game compared to current cyanide's blood bowl. I'll still buy it on release date unless the reviews are negative across the board.  why so serious?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 11, 2015, 05:00:04 AM

GDC video. They were at GDC, so this is still probably on. I guess.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #85 on: March 11, 2015, 11:46:15 AM

My first impressions from that video.

- Lots of additional animation overhead padding out the time required to play. I hope you can turn that shit off.
- Scrolling ticker bar for action log looks nice but I hope it goes further back than the current vertical list.
- Looks like no cursor, I'm assuming this is to make it easier for controllers but moving the selection one square at a time bites for keyboard and mouse.
- Likewise selecting dice looks to be fiddly and prone to misclicks
- Don't need commentator subtitles. They have to be optional.
- Graphics look nice but it's 2015, there's no excuse for not getting that right.
- On screen context info such as the ball bounce diagram for kicks and the percentage chances for actions are good. However it looks as though the percentage chances are derived from the base chance without modifiers.
- I hope to god you can change the default camera view, it's super hard to see the positions of the players in relation to each other on that 3/4 view, I much prefer having the camera looking straight up the pitch.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #86 on: March 11, 2015, 07:41:16 PM

Bretonnians
0-16 Linemen 40,000 6 3 2 7 Fend G ASP 
0-4 Yeomen 70,000 6 3 3 8 Wrestle GS AP
0-4 Blitzers 110,000 7 3 3 8 Block, Catch, Dauntless GS AP

swamp poop Looks like a good line up, Jim. These humans lost the useless Ogre who can punch...., Catchers who enable speed plays and Throwers who can pass and told their hardy linos to go home and be a family man.
Replacing the other positionals are four muscular wrestlers who are n
o stronger than the average human. It seems like they're the leftovers of the previous human linos who actually knew how to wrestle. With the added bonus of knowing how to train their muscles.

The new linos though...it's like they went super cheap with these guys and picked up any straggling North Korean coolies that managed to cross the border.
They're fed enough to fight mano-a-mano with most linos out there, but dressed in nothing more than a pair of boxes and singlets. Not to mention the regular beatings by Kim's regime has reduced their precise ball control to just slightly above a minotaur.

I can't wait to experience an 8 Guard Human Team.
So hyped.
Much guard.
Very wow.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 19, 2015, 04:44:10 AM

New video, Human Gameplay.

Sadly, they keep showing the console version. I want to see the PC one. I am sure they will be identical but there are a few things that I'd feel better if I could see how they work on the PC version.

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #88 on: March 19, 2015, 04:42:40 PM

That very likely is the PC version, with a controller plugged in. Who knows if m+kb is even going to be an option (because why bother making two interfaces when you can get away with one)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: March 20, 2015, 04:32:23 AM

No KB+M would be a dealbreaker for me.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #90 on: March 20, 2015, 06:01:11 AM

I can't imagine a situation in which a PC game like this doesn't have kb+m support.  I think that possibility is pretty far fetched.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: March 20, 2015, 06:18:52 AM

I can't imagine a situation in which a PC game like this doesn't have kb+m support.  I think that possibility is pretty far fetched.

Agreed. I'd say they're showing off the 3/4 perspective because it looks more stylish/flashy for advertisement purposes. Bird's eye isometric may be the best for actual strategic gameplay, but it doesn't necessarily make onlookers say "I wanna play that shit too!"

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: March 20, 2015, 10:37:23 AM

New dedicated website.

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/bloodbowl2

Launches wit 8 races.
Humans, Orcs, Dwarfs, Skaven, High Elves, Dark Elves, Chaos, and the Bretonnian newcomers

Among the new features is the Transfer Market.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 20, 2015, 07:21:59 PM

Yeah I have no idea what that means.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 20, 2015, 07:56:28 PM

The Marketplace? A place to buy/sell/trade players/teams.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 20, 2015, 10:48:37 PM

The Marketplace? A place to buy/sell/trade players/teams.

Yes. I still have no idea what that means.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: March 20, 2015, 11:46:31 PM

Its not been made very clear. One would assume that it would only work between teams which share compatible players, but if it is just that - this seems a very limited function. Why they would use resources to implement this is unclear. If it isn't just that, I would guess that it is an optional toggle for people who want to mix team compositions up.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 21, 2015, 05:44:52 AM

The site says its same teams only - human to human etc.  It's a way to buy star players made by other players.

Players also age, and retire (increasing percentage after a set number of games) and quit when they get to 33 years old.  Sounds like a good idea, even if most players will be dead or crippled by then. But you could now also sell them off to someone else in the league to use. You can't sell it out of the league, it sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm going to miss my Amazons :(

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 21, 2015, 08:23:58 AM

That just seems a pointless waste of time. How many teams of the same type are there in a league to make that meaningful?

Sounds like this is in place for very large leagues that have multiple seasons. Not many of those...

Would be more interesting if it was an added "free for all" mode where players could make multi-racial teams, and least that might be brokenly fun for a bit.

More (slight) advantages for experienced coaches\teams?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:30:31 AM by lamaros »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #99 on: March 22, 2015, 10:54:36 AM

They forgot the Horse Armor DLC to increase your team's AV for one match.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 03:53:47 AM

Chaos gameplay. Pretty sweet looking.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: April 16, 2015, 06:03:08 AM

Chaos gameplay. Pretty sweet looking.

Looks nice as long as you can turn down all the extra animations (they seem like something that would make the 2 minute turn playing a pain since they interrupt the gameplay so much)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #102 on: April 16, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

The die selection interface looks like it will be really, really easy to misclick.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #103 on: April 16, 2015, 12:51:31 PM

Also, when the clock is ticking and I want to find which of my guys has Catch (or whatever) I just want to mouse-over on them and see it, not wait for the card to appear and animate.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:45 PM

I'm not convinced that they would be stupid enough to make what they're showing the only way/view to play the game. Has to be for media fluff/coverage.

Right?

Right?!?!  ACK!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: