Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:43:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl 2  (Read 128110 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 08:26:00 PM

There's not point then. Everything Cyanide can do and more is already on FUMBBL, barring graphics. If they try to circle around for another "here is a stunted release, expect 3+ expansions later", they can go suck on a bowl of lemons.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 08:42:46 PM

Well, their dick move would involve shutting down the old BB servers - forcing people who want to play more of their version to buy the sequel.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 08:57:28 PM

My first instinct is to say they wouldn't be that dumb, but on second thought it is quite possible. The only recourse would then be switching to FUMBBL, and hoping that the fanbase tanks them.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 11, 2013, 03:03:05 AM

BB2 will probably follow in the steps they've taken with Dungeon Bowl and this new "Star Coach" thing; a handful of teams at launch, all of the other teams + different pitches and other odds and ends as DLC in the months following.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 07:55:30 AM

I'd have no problem with a 9-10 team BB2 release with DLC teams later...

IF they fix the goddamn UI and network issues. And I sure as FUCK am not buying it until I hear that shit has been fixed, even if it means I miss out on f13 seasons. Cyanide has EARNED my ire.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:02 AM

I'm with Haemish. Better UI and more social and League tools would be a good boost to me. Lots more Star Players would be another. But I have very little faith they will come out with something rasonable. I expect the price/content ratio to be very disappointing at launch when compared with BB Chaos Edition.

One lovely thing would be to have BB2 compatible with Leagues created in BB 1. But that's dreaming, eh?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 10:02:36 AM

One lovely thing would be to have BB2 compatible with Leagues created in BB 1. But that's dreaming, eh?

Do you really think they are even remotely capable of such a feat?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 10:29:33 AM

Do you really think they are even remotely capable of such a feat?

Well, if they just spruce up the graphics from bb and sell it as bb2 (with some of the teams removed and later sold as dlc) I see no reason why not.  why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 11:22:12 AM

I'm with Haemish. Better UI and more social and League tools would be a good boost to me. Lots more Star Players would be another. But I have very little faith they will come out with something rasonable. I expect the price/content ratio to be very disappointing at launch when compared with BB Chaos Edition.

I suspect you can have improved league tools, or you can have compatibility, but you can't have both. And I also suspect you'll actually get neither one in the end.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 25, 2013, 01:20:04 AM

Two tremendously dull screenshots of a human holding a ball.

http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/#53

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #45 on: October 25, 2013, 03:23:33 AM

Pretty sure that if you asked any number of BB players what they wanted in BB2, an improved graphics engine that could procedurally generate mud spatters while still managing to make grass look terrible wouldn't be anywhere near the top of those lists.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 25, 2013, 04:20:02 AM

Though to be fair, I suspect the things they do want (bug fixes, UI improvements, functional netcode, the rest of the teams and star players, and more people playing) are best achieved with a ground up rewrite by competent people - which would deliver mud splatter for free.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 25, 2013, 05:43:11 AM

damn it looks like a skyrim mod armor.
are they gona include real time mode this time?  why so serious?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 20, 2014, 11:38:01 PM

The bb2 forum is reporting that the cyanide have confirmed to some French site that they will launch this with 7 teams plus a bullshit made up roster for Brettonians. Full list...

Human, Orcs, High Elfs, Dark Elfs, Dwarf, Chaos, Skaven and Brettonian.

I'm not sure I see the point of this now.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 20, 2014, 11:50:48 PM

OH NEW HUMANS  Heart
NO AMAZONS YES!
FUCK WIMIN
NO WOODIES
FUCK ELVES
DAY 1 PURCHASE  awesome, for real

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 21, 2014, 12:09:28 AM

I'm suspicious about high elves being on the list. I suspect they mean wood elves.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #51 on: January 21, 2014, 02:44:04 AM

Here is the JV&C article. For the non-French speakers here's a rough machine translation of the article.

Amateurs of violence that seek a strategy executed by millimeters are delighted, the new Blood Bowl is here! Mixing football and creatures in the universe of the Warhammer strategy game is basically the game.

Released in June 2009, the first installment of the series had kept all its promises by giving us a very close game the original title. This bloody version of football already had everything to please the purists as strategists in grass.

Blood Bowl 2 contains the recipe for elder with an increasingly violent and quirky background. With a new graphics engine, the characters seem less "cartoon" and more faithful to the license of Game Workshop. From what we could see during the presentation, the graphics are really successful. The stadiums are full of details while players have more accessories. It's exhilarating to see how Cyanide has once again managed to visually recreate the atmosphere of the original board game.

In its release, the game will feature no less than 8 races and five different types of stages. Knowing that the stages can be upgraded 3 times, it leaves a lot of room for manoeuvre.

Besides gameplay, the developers wanted to focus this time on the "turn" appearance. Exit, therefore, the choice between real-time and turn-based. This time we focus on the essence of the game: strategy. And it's not so bad because, let's face it, playing live was almost impossible. Blood Bowl is, despite its barbaric appearance and devoid of good feeling, a real strategy game. It's a bit like chess you are required to move your pieces without pause. Even Kasparov would have struggled in those conditions!

A brand new campaign mode will also be taking part with a scripted progression for more epic matches. Play the role of the Reikland Reavers, a prestigious team in the Blood Bowl universe. The story is completely linear and allow you to familiarise yourself with the many rules of the sport. We did not get to see more of that side, but we were promised a completely crossed scenario where more than the fate of our team, the fate of the entire galaxy is in our hands ... We look forward to seeing it anyway!

For once, the League mode is the one that made us salivate more. Tasty mix between a manager and a football game in the series of NFL, it invites us to manage our retail team and its progress in the League. You will manage your budget and through the acquisition of sponsors, buying super-stars, the standard rewards of referees (or jars of wine if you prefer), expanding your stadium and so on and better. For further games, which require a good dose of strategy and know-how, management of your team will indeed be a crucial element of the game

In multiplayer, you can choose between participating in the official league or create your own league. In the official league, you have access to a system where players Mercato "stars" will be available to transfer for a short time. This initiative is noteworthy because I think it helps a lot to delve into the game world

Ultimately, Blood Bowl 2 wants in just his eldest line. Both violent and tactical, new baby Cyanide sure to delight fans as well as newcomers.

Final Verdict for the game's release in late 2014!

damn it looks like a skyrim mod armor.
are they gona include real time mode this time?  why so serious?

Real time mode confirmed to be cut.

There's another article on Gamekult that lists the reported teams.

Bad machine translation follows:
You do not change a winning team unless the star player has been sent to the morgue, and it is therefore not too surprising that Cyanide Studio and Focus Home Interactive unite for a new adaptation of Franchise Blood Bowl of Games Workshop .

Blood Bowl II course we invited to participate once more in the deadliest championship sports history by opposing teams inspired by the various races of the universe Warhammer joy and good humor. The aim is always to offer a true to the original board game experience, but the success of the first episode and its extensions stand-alone , sold over a million copies, has allowed developers to build still largest ever fine for this "true" result.

BLODGE THIS!

Rather than build on the foundation of the first episode, Cyanide Studio has decided to make a clean sweep for Blood Bowl II and rebuild while pulling obviously on his experience of the franchise. If you suddenly find art direction still wedged between medieval sport and nice humorous parody, the graphics engine and interface have very little to do with what we have known so far. Often criticised, the user interface of Blood Bowl was sprayed with dynamite to be replaced by a more modern style, lighter and sleeker. Cyanide Studio wants concise this time and we offer menus much less congested who go to the essentials. Record each player is suddenly much better arranged, providing direct insight necessary statistics without drowning the user in an avalanche of unnecessary information. Simulated cards Panini version of Blood Bowl has even been incorporated into the game to represent each star in a very visual way, involving all key skills in a single block identifiable at a glance. Even discovering the game for the first time, it was childish for playing Blood Bowl to identify a Blitzer human, its stats and skills ( Tackle , Mighty Blow , Piling On , and other attributes of subtle guy) without having to read the single line of text. It does not sacrifice the richness of the original rules but obviously earns a lot in readability. We can only applaud with both hands. This will facilitate reading countless sometimes obscure rules and information franchise Games Workshop does not stop in the menus but also continues during games. The scenes of gameplay that we could see were quite brief and obviously still under construction but you can still expect an ergonomics effort this side too. The sake of clarity and problems using certain skills that sometimes handicapping the first episode could therefore well be part of the past. Fingers crossed.

HAND GAME

Who says scenes gameplay said obviously overview of the new graphics rendering Blood Bowl II . Cyanide Studio has been busy at this level and this result seems to finally have a technical level equal to the excellent art direction this since the first game Blood Bowl developer. . Immediately we feel great attention to detail and effort staged with the addition of a bunch of small sketches funny game around it seems that the studio has also enjoyed the cinematic camera XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Blood Bowl II we now offer a small spectacular staging in stock not to be missed. This view in the heart of the action, that can be quite off in the options, will be reserved for key moments (injuries / deaths, drive, pass, etc..) And has enabled us to see a lineman human facies smash a goblin in closeup. The animations seem much more than before and it worked very sporty side, the players did not hesitate to show their joy when they trample an opponent, obviously adds to the ambiance. And the atmosphere should not miss in Blood Bowl II , thanks to the arrival of new stadiums. We have so far seen as the home of our friends, the Orcs but the improvement this simple wasteland now allows to gradually transform into a version heroic fantasy Camp Nou. The animation in the stands should add a layer of excitement when wealthy team will host a group while lousy home. The game will feature five different stages in the output and one imagines that their expansion over the victories will be part of the motivations of the single player campaign. This obviously we propose to assume the role of coach in Reikland Reavers , a team fell in a dramatic decline after years of celebration a bit too intense. This solitaire game will quite obviously scripted with fixed stars that need to be restore the prestige and unique events designed to shake up our habits. Cyanide Studio also announced that the AI will play a completely different way in the controlled team and will even be able to take specific predefined behaviors. A very edgy team Orcs that completely ignore the ball and you prefer to walk on the facies is not an impossibility. Sports lovers also greet the arrival of a transfer window for the exchange of stars or a complete overhaul of sponsor. Each visionary brand of the universe Warhammer you now affect special purposes (such as killing a certain number of players for a group of funeral) with the key rewards if successful. But the campaign is never one of facets of Blood Bowl II and lovers of the franchise also find custom championships and a multiplayer game push. If it has unfortunately not been able to discover innovations multi was again promised a much better readability, the presence of an official league Cyanide with a regular season followed by a tournament and, of course, all the tools necessary for creating and customizing private leagues. Cyanide Studio also prepares us a whole bunch of tools viewings, to review games, to invite the spectator parts of our friends or even clashes follow of the most famous without having to move the game What to facilitate the creation of community content for the biggest fans of the franchise. coaches Finally, it is difficult to talk about an adaptation of Blood Bowl signed Cyanide Studio without question the actual playable teams output. It has already been promised eight playable outset races: Humans, Orcs, High Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Skaven, Chaos but also all new Bretonnian. Here's a revelation that should not be missed to intrigue fans of the franchise, especially when you know that Games Workshop absolutely valid all content produced by Cyanide Studio . These eight races starting comprise the heart of the game after its release but already know that other teams join the fray eventually. Remains to be seen whether Cyanide Studio will use the same method as in the past to integrate, ie out a multitude of extensions stand-alone , or whether the developer intends to adopt a policy of DLC . Anyway, we can not wait to get their hands on this very promising Blood Bowl II expected this year, no more details for now.

New UI. Fuck yes! Although if I was going to use a game as a camera reference than I'm not sure that X-Com would be that game.

I'm suspicious about high elves being on the list. I suspect they mean wood elves.

The name given is Hauts-Elfes so unless GK are mistaken it looks like no Woodies at the start.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #52 on: January 21, 2014, 05:01:17 AM

Welp, no reason for me to buy then.  Looks like I'll hold off for an edition or two.    awesome, for real

Really though, its just a pure kick to the balls that they aren't able to include all of the races from the start this time around.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 21, 2014, 07:54:15 AM

I really don't see any reason to buy this for anyone who owns BB1. I mean, they might make it more user friendly and stuff so it might be better for new players: but we're already committed. We've learned to live with the bad stuff, downgrading to 1/4th of the races is not something I see a lot of people doing.

For dungeonbowl, where cyanide did something similar and only included 2/8 collages or something on release, there was a proper game with all the races after one year with a bundle with the base game+all dlc for the same price as the original release. Hopefully blood bowl 2 will do something similar(because I figure its way too late for them to change their mind and include all races on release like they should have).
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #54 on: January 21, 2014, 08:08:12 AM

Unless they turn the servers off for BB1 when this launches, I can't see it either. Of course if they do that then there's a good chance that it will be the nudge existing BB players need to go and play FUMBBL instead.

I really don't understand what their plan is here to be honest. There's no way that this can go well for them or the existing BB fanbase.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 21, 2014, 08:35:43 AM

Dungeon Bowl should have been the herald of the coming train wreck to you.  It's all about DLC and microtrans now.  They more than likely will shut down the BB1 servers, maybe not immediately, but probably as more teams become available for post-launch purchase.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: January 21, 2014, 09:29:07 AM

The new multiplayer type games could be interesting, sounds like they might even be heading back to second edition campaigns (sponsors/salaries etc). 8 teams is very disappointing, but UI over haul is much needed. Guess we'll have to see.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 21, 2014, 10:31:56 AM

I'd be completely happy to pay per race on a dlc basis.

Just so long as they are all there.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 21, 2014, 09:32:52 PM

I'd be completely happy to pay per race on a dlc basis.

Just so long as they are all there.

I'd be happy to pay $5 for BB2 - Human Only Version.
But we all know it's going to be 8 - 4 - 4- 4 packs from here onwards.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 21, 2014, 09:38:06 PM

The new multiplayer type games could be interesting, sounds like they might even be heading back to second edition campaigns (sponsors/salaries etc). 8 teams is very disappointing, but UI over haul is much needed. Guess we'll have to see.

Sponsors and salaries and such is already in the current version, but you have to be in Blitz mode where you can turn all the options on and off.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:24 PM

Dungeon Bowl should have been the herald of the coming train wreck to you.

Was Dungeonbowl successful or something? I've literally never been able to play it because it's multiplayer only and the online servers are a howling, vacant wasteland.  Anyone in the BB2 dev team who said anything along the lines of "you know what Dungeonbowl did right" should have been catapulted in to the piranha tank before they got the chance to finish the sentence.

As for BB2, it's probably going to end up being the breaking point for me.  Unless they can convince me that whatever new gameplay features they add (no, unfucking the UI doesn't count) are worth the full price tag, I'm not riding this stupid "buy the game four times for the really real we honestly mean it this time final complete edition" train again.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 12:37:32 AM

Yeah, exactly.  Regardless of how nice the changes are, or even adding extra features in, I'm not downgraded my team selection that badly.

I'll buy the game when they release a version with all the races (or at least the vast majority of them) in game.  That is, if everybody agrees the client itself really is an improvment over the old one, and not just another buggy piece of shit with a horrible UI.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 04:50:35 AM

I'll get it despite it having so few teams if the UI is significantly better and there's better support for continuing a crashed/timed-out multiplayer game (and if it doesn't have anything terribly wrong with it in addition to those improvements).
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #63 on: February 05, 2014, 09:25:14 AM

This might be silly but take a look at Dogs of War Online, most recent game from Cyanide that just got released (free to play) on Steam. It's a board game port too (from Confrontation), so it's right up our alley. And I must say, it's a big improvement over the usual Cyanide incompetence when it comes to UIs. So, if this is what we should expect for Blood Bowl 2, I am timidly getting optimistic about it.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #64 on: April 15, 2014, 08:26:14 AM

Gameplay video released although calling it gameplay is a bit kind, there's no UI and it looks as though they just spliced together all the animation sequences to create the action.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 15, 2014, 10:27:34 AM

New Jim sucks.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 30, 2014, 04:36:40 AM

This looks interesting...tradeable/sellable players using treasury funds.

http://bloodbowlgame.tumblr.com/post/91451853380/transfer-season-is-coming-join-the-marketplace

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #67 on: November 03, 2014, 07:14:14 PM

New RPS interview with the devs

I won’t say that we are the EVE Online of sport management because that would be a bit too much, but basically that’s the idea behind it.
  ACK!

Better news is that apparently the UI has been completely revamped, better tools for league management will exist and the old expansion model is apparently dead. Still only 8 races at the start, but the others are planned as individual DLC rather than expansion content.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: November 03, 2014, 08:02:06 PM

I'll wait till it's $20 ... even then with the basic 8 races...no. Not really.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #69 on: November 03, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

I like the DLC idea more than having a bunch of confusing expansions.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Blood Bowl 2  
Jump to: