Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:26:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening  (Read 34031 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 01, 2013, 07:31:52 PM

You have one reroll!?

Bullcentaurs are ok, I dunno about rolling all those GFIs to get the movemt.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 07:48:23 PM

I don't believe in luck.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: March 01, 2013, 07:48:57 PM

Head scratch

Do you believe in probability?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 08:10:32 PM

Head scratch

Yeah, I do. I don't believe in giving extra turnover chances. Three GFIs, even with sure feet and a reroll isn't exactly foolproof.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 01, 2013, 09:20:33 PM

Chaos and Nurgle tie, 1-1.  I took a beating but at least I get a point?

I am in a bad way for my next match.  My ball carrier is out with a smashed hand, one warrior is out with -MA, another warrior out with -AV.   ACK!

Fancy graphic stats

In a close TV game (The Nurglers got a keg) the Nifty Helmets and the Bleating again drew, scoring one goal apiece.
Helmets chose to receive, and scored somewhat quickly in the first half. They then starting mauling the Bleating when they tried to respond, incidentally preventing them from scoring before halftime. Some point in there, Mr. Big (the helmet's Minotaur) pushed a level 3 rotter (wrestling, +ag) out into the crowd who promptly beat it to death, but since Mr. Big didn't kill it himself it didn't add to his record.
In the second half, we were perhaps a bit over-confident; with a lead and an opportune injury to the extra-armed extra-agile nurgle ball-handler we figure that there was no way an unskilled Nurgle rotter under pressure would pick up the ball (or hold on to it -- we were right there -- or pick it up again, or dodge away from coverage to eventually score) so we could concentrate on knocking down the rest of the team while that comedy of errors played out on the sideline. Obviously, the helmets ended giving up a point, but with three turns to go we still had a bare chance to respond. Only able to field 9 players, the Bleating took a deep defense putting three rotters spread out on the line, and three columns of two in their backfield, the Helmets took the line with two in the backfield. A far kick put it near the helmet's endzone. The helmets knocked down the rotters and strung forward, but the goats in the back ... couldn't ... pick ... up ... the ... ball.
For their turns, helmets knocked around some Nurgle but it was for not. 3 tries (using the Helmet's last reroll) later, Mr. Small (the minitaur) finally got the ball in his clumsy hooves but with no means to get it from one end of the field to the other, so he failed even in tossing it to the other goat in the backfield for a lone SPP. And the whistle blew and the Helmets retired knowing that at the end of the day, they had out-Nurgled the Nurgle team.

1 death, 3 real injuries (miss next game, -av -mv) and 2 badly hurts suffered by the Bleating.
The Helmets skate away undiminished suffering only 2 Badly Hurts (though one had been a rare moment when the apothecary earned its cost, saving The Claw from death and letting him return to the game).
Each team leveled two players.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 09:26:36 PM

Head scratch

Yeah, I do. I don't believe in giving extra turnover chances. Three GFIs, even with sure feet and a reroll isn't exactly foolproof.

Yeah I was talking to MA, I don't get the "I don't believe in luck" statement at all here.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #76 on: March 02, 2013, 05:31:06 AM

Carnifex I will be online pretty much all today and tomorrow. Will try to hit you on Steam when I see you online.

Can anybody remind me here the BBManager info and pass to upload the replay, please?

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:46 AM

I don't believe in anything but the power in these 24 inch pythons.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 02, 2013, 06:40:33 AM

*plays his orcs as a passing team*
*doesn't believe in luck*
*is Modern Angel*

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 02, 2013, 06:45:33 AM

Hey, I only did throwing orcs for one season!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #80 on: March 02, 2013, 07:07:07 AM

the human's glass is half full.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #81 on: March 02, 2013, 07:26:38 AM

Also, Naeltor finally hit level 6, making him officially a super star.  Took sure hands to round out his skills.  That gives me 3 Super Stars, with 2 other Stars following not to far behind (If I can just get my super stars to stop hogging all the SPP's now).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #82 on: March 02, 2013, 09:10:39 AM

Carnifex I will be online pretty much all today and tomorrow. Will try to hit you on Steam when I see you online.

Can anybody remind me here the BBManager info and pass to upload the replay, please?

The league is called f13 Season 7 in BBManager and the pass is skullskull (same as the league itself).

I'm away for the next few days and I don't have BB installed on this laptop but Ingmar is an assistant commissioner and can reset/validate matches as required.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: March 02, 2013, 11:48:14 AM

*plays his orcs as a passing team*
*doesn't believe in luck*
*is Modern Angel*
Passing Orcs are awesome!  Well, at least they were until my AG 5 Blitzer got -ST. :-(

Sure, go ahead, mark my receivers.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:51:21 AM by Jasper »
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: March 02, 2013, 12:20:38 PM

So, the Orcs took on the Chaos Dwarves and pulled a 2-0 win.

My team had a higher TV and he chose a wizard and extra apothacary as inducements, both wise choices as it turned out.

Turn one, he elects to recieve, but a blitz is rolled which gives me a huge advantage, quickly followed by the hobgoblin failing to pick up the ball in the pouring rain led to Orcs gaining possession and caging up. The previously referred to wizard along with a crazy amount of successful 1D rolls by the chaos dwarves stopped any touchdowns. Also due to a rubbish apoc my thrower with leader died. End of first half I have a dead thrower and two KOed blitzers, he has 2 KOed slaves.

2nd half, I receive with a full team thanks to 2 spare goblins against a side of nine. The goblins proved to be a great asset dodging and marking wherever needed. My tactic of beating up first, scoring later worked much better in the second half and despite some more great 1D block from the dwarves I managed a touchdown with 3 turns left.

The touchdown event gave an extra turn, but with a severely deplated team aginst a full Orc team allowed me to gain possession with a goblin who gave me my second touchdown.

Fun game, great play from lightfax against superior odds.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: March 02, 2013, 04:11:14 PM

Fildrigar, when can we play

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: March 02, 2013, 07:25:42 PM

The Wrestlers and HHB rematch (after a few seasons of nursed grudges, clearly) ends in a low-scoring snotling paste.  HHB pulls it off, though!  despite the rain, and despite a few three-stoogesisms - picking both down without noticing i don't have block, for example.  reborne is as always an awesome opponent and i admire his dedication to the snotling toss technique, one which i always envy not being able to do to skinks.  i hope some day to be able to observe a success - maybe when i bust out my trusty halfling team in the next couple seasons for a REAL rematch Rock on!

match uploaded, results below the spoiler!
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 09:09:21 AM

Rulvaldt, where are you? If you see this soon, I am waiting in game for you. don't be afraid, I only plan on killing 6 of your players, but I'm considering 7 as time goes on!!!   Thumbs up!
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 09:30:49 AM

My and Falc just had a disconnect......I guess we need a reset :(
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 10:46:03 AM

The First Ladies 1 - 0 Blitzburg Brewzers

The First Ladies get their first win in one of the most exciting Blood Bowl matches I've had in a long time.

The first half began with me kicking off to Gort, and though he managed to position his players, his turn was cut short by a turnover on block.  This was the first of many such turnovers for both sides.  I managed to surf one of his blitzers and surround a black orc on my following turn, but also got a turnover on a bad block.  Gort picked up the ball and moved it to the center of the field, and I responded by viciously murdering a black orc, and in the coming turns I would injure another.  Eventually Gort tried to make a break with the ball, but after a failed dodge ended his turn early I surrounded his blitzer, and then touched the ball with a horde of hobgoblins.  After a few turns of the ball bouncing around I finally managed to pick it up and begn making my way down the field.  Gort was a bit out of position, so I only had to turn back one blitzer on my way to a turn 8 TD.

I felt confident going into the second half.  Though my bullcentaur was injured I was still up by one piece and felt like I was in the driver's seat.  After three rounds of slowly working my way back and forth on the field I made a critical error leaving my ball carrier open to a black orc blitz and a scrum ensued.  I managed to get the ball back, but only briefly, and it then bounced into the waiting arms of Gort's goblin.  I made another order of operations error by blocking with my minotaur before a blitz on the ball carrier, and turned over my turn early.  Gort was then within one turn of scoring the equalizer, but a deft block from a dwarf blocker I placed in the backfield was able to knock him down, and the ball was placed back on the field close to his Troll, who spent most of the game being really stupid.  The last three turns were filled with desperate plays for the ball as we were both out of position to do much.  Gort had a few slim chances towards the end to tie up the game, but it went down as a  single TD victory for the Ladies.

Seriously fun game.  If Gort hadn't had rotten luck on armor breaks, really stupid (he succeeded on 4/10) and a few blocks it would've been much different.  I'm starting to get the hang of Chaos Dwarves, but I'm disappointed my centaur continues to fail to get any spps.  So far the hobgoblins are hogging them, and that's no good for team development.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:48:19 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 03:23:35 PM

Head scratch

And yet he pulled it off, twice?!  Maybe 3 times.  Eh Nuffle really stuck it to me that game, but I was also quite sleep deprived so I probably wasn't minimising my rolls as much as i should have been.

*Should be working*
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 03:26:46 PM

My and Falc just had a disconnect......I guess we need a reset :(

Can't do this until Tuesday evening. I know that Ingmar is on holiday at the moment but I don't know if he can log into BB or not while he's away.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 06:16:12 PM

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 06:33:39 PM

Insatiable 2-1 over The Chemical Elvers.  The vamps overcame some amazingly terrible Blood Lust in the first half, all 3 scores came from the defensive side, and the elves couldn't complete the long bomb to tie it up at the buzzer.

The elves kicked off and watched as the vamps dined on ALL OF THE THRALLS.  Seriously, it was 2-3 Blood Lusts per turn, Pro/rerolls were failing, and the Thralls were getting BH.  The Elves hung back and waited for the numbers to thin out, knocked the ball out a few times and finally pulled a nice elf-y TD to go up 1-0 at the half. 

Receiving the kick, the elves should have been in perfect position to take the victory, but the 1s started to transfer over.  On the first possession, they failed to account for the possibility of failing a pickup/handoff, and were out of position when the ball slipped through some fingers.  The vamps jumped on the ball for a quick TD.  A similar scenario unfolded on the second possession; they caught the ball this time, but a failed 2d block left that ball carrier unprotected.  Again, the vampires (much less thirsty now) pounced and scored the go-ahead point.  A final elven push was thwarted by a huge dose of Hypnotic Gaze on all elf receivers in range in Turn 16, and not even the AG-5 elf could complete the long pass required after moving a receiver all the way into the end zone.

Kudos to Megrim for overcoming his earlier hunger problems, and taking advantage of some uncharacteristic elven mistakes.  I saw he had a few level-ups after the game, so have fun dealing that THAT, 40k :P
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 06:40:52 PM

Fildrigal my time zone is GMT +8.
I know you tried to find me last night, but it was Sunday Midnight.
It's Monday here - maybe try to find me 2-3 hours earlier than that...

z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: March 03, 2013, 10:35:04 PM

At the rate my players are dropping dead, I will have an empty roster by season's end!  WTB: Dwarvish armor +5. Will trade one barely used Troll.
 This smelly orc armor is failing my boyz!

-Gort

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: March 04, 2013, 12:57:44 AM

Luckton, megrim, llyse, play your masters league games, tia.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 04, 2013, 02:40:17 AM

Gort, on the bright side, you have my rats next. I don't think they've killed anyone ever.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #98 on: March 04, 2013, 04:42:06 AM

Luckton, megrim, llyse, play your masters league games, tia.

I feel like I'd be cheating if I played Luckton before he rapes Megrim  why so serious?
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: March 04, 2013, 07:30:10 PM

Gort, on the bright side, you have my rats next. I don't think they've killed anyone ever.

Great, you will make up for not killing anyone by slaying 4 of me orcs!    Eek!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: March 05, 2013, 02:46:22 AM

Lost 0-2 to Ezrast. The sort of game that makes me think I shouldn't play bloodbowl at all  Ohhhhh, I see.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: March 05, 2013, 03:30:05 AM

That's the sort of game you can't draw any conclusions from whatsoever. None of it makes any sense.

With 370k in inducements, 8 Eyes spring for a star player Bombardier, a bribe to keep him on the field, a wizard, and a lusty Bloodweiser wench. Within moments of the match starting the bombardier blows his own damn fool head off, causing a turnover before my Thrower can even attempt a pickup. I manage to screen the ball and recover next turn, but now down a player and outgunned by orcish might my carrier only makes it a third of the way up the pitch before the Underworld cage is shattered. A goblin (of the boring, non-mutant variety) scoops up the ball and hides behind a few hundred pounds of orc muscle. I figure if there is ever a time for intervention, it's now, and call upon my wizard, for whom I have high hopes after his stellar showing last game. The fireball proceeds to miss all four targets at which point I pretty much write off the first half. Still, the cage isn't put together properly, and my warpstone troll charges in and knocks the stunty little ball carrier over. The Vast Mountain Raiders knock my troll over in return, and he spends the rest of the drive trying to figure out why the ground is so close to his face. But then the Raiders' ball pickup fails, and it bounces out of any of their tackle zones. And then Charlotte, an Underworld Goblin and one of my few remaining players standing up, makes a dodge, and a pickup, and a handoff, and Webster, another goblin, makes the catch, and a dodge, and a GFI, and then two more GFIs next turn and completely out of nowhere I've scored the first TD.

Just before Half Time it starts raining, but Morgva, the Raiders' runner, picks up the ball just fine. I run out of time on my turn trying to figure out how to bypass the Orcish line and leave too many players marked, but the smile of Nuffle falls upon me, and the orcs are only able to score a few knockdowns. And then, my players kick into overdrive and turn into vicious orc-flesh-hungry machines, scoring knockdown after knockdown and mobbing the ball. Nobody wants to attempt to actually pick up the ball, however, since it's raining and marked by both teams at all times. There are many turns of scuffling, and 8 Eyes inexplicably scores casualty after casualty. Finally the block dice turn around a bit and the Raiders manage to KO three of my players. But it's too little too late, and when an errant bounce plops the ball into the hands of a goblin, Cob, no orc can catch him. He slips away and into the Raiders' endzone to end the game on a second TD.

My Bloodweiser Babe, I might add, does absolutely nothing to wake up any of my knocked out players. And I never get to use my bribe since the player I was supposed to be using it on couldn't figure out how a fuse works. 370k in inducements, and the only way they could possibly have been more useless would be for the commentators to award MVP to the smoking bits of Bombardier they scraped off the pitch. And yet I won, because unskilled rats and goblins are apparently capable of outbashing a bunch of ST4 orcs with Block. I don't even know what to make of it.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #102 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:38 AM

100% skill.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:53 AM

Deserved to lose just for hiring the bombardier!

Sad to hear you haven't been unduly injured either - I was hoping you'd be a bit thin before our match.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: March 05, 2013, 04:11:29 AM

Oh, my troll suffered a fractured leg right before the match ended. Apothecary turned it into a fractured arm.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening  
Jump to: