Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening  (Read 34000 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: February 26, 2013, 03:36:37 AM

Day 1 finished on time which was awesome. We had some early upsets, we saw a little of what you new coaches could offer and all the drama and cursing that we have come to expect from Bloodbowl.

Here are the day 1 results:

Now it's time for day 2. Here are those fixtures:

The deadline for these matches is Thursday March 7th. Please be sure to get your games arranged and played before that date.

It's a bit early for rankings but here are the scores after the first day anyway.

40k Division:

Hail Caesar Division:

Hordes Division:

Tamurkhan Division:

MOAR STATS!

Let's go people!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:39:17 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:44:48 AM

Woot! Go Snabzth!

Hey Ingmar, my Sat/Sun your Friday night/Sat are probably going to be the best times for me. Let me know what is best for you - will probably have to schedule this in due to the time differences and the fact I'm spending half the weekend driving.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:47:08 AM by lamaros »
willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 04:26:30 AM

Luckton, I'm in GMT, and available most evenings from about 6pm GMT to 10 GMT, and most of the weekend apart from Thursday and Sunday.

I'll add you on steam, and arrange a time :)
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 04:49:53 AM

I'm available to play pretty much any time (if scheduled in advance) except between midnight and 6am utc
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:44 AM

I am GMT+0 Danicia and will add you to my steam friends list tonight. Apart from tonight and Sunday night this week I can make most evenings if you let me know a suitable day for yourself we can get our match played.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 06:09:53 AM

Luckton, I'm in GMT, and available most evenings from about 6pm GMT to 10 GMT, and most of the weekend apart from Thursday and Sunday.

I'll add you on steam, and arrange a time :)

Heh, I just finished sending you an offline message on Steam  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Anyway, we should be able to do this today then.  I'm off all day.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 06:51:20 AM

Ramas/eldaec, I believe you're on UTC?  I'm at UTC -8, but can play during the day.

How about Wed, Thur, or Fri at 10am UTC -8, 6pm UTC?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:37:36 AM

Sjofn, when are you available? Most nights I'm free to start between 7:30 and 8 pm CST with notice and weekends anytime with prior notice.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:37 AM

Dwarves vs Norse starts in approx. 20.   BB Manager broadcasting has begun.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:06:17 AM

Ramas/eldaec, I believe you're on UTC?  I'm at UTC -8, but can play during the day.

Wednesday or Friday would work, though I probably won't get home till a little after 6. 7 would be good if that works for you?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:11 AM

Woot! Go Snabzth!

Hey Ingmar, my Sat/Sun your Friday night/Sat are probably going to be the best times for me. Let me know what is best for you - will probably have to schedule this in due to the time differences and the fact I'm spending half the weekend driving.

We leave Saturday morning on a 9 day vacation, so if there's any way we can squeeze a game in during the week we should go for it. I can do a game on Friday night in between packing but that is basically the last chance - there's always the outside chance of a game on hotel room internet or whatever, I guess. I don't know if my sister has wireless, but we won't be at her place the whole time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 10:35:33 AM

Lightfax, I'm GMT, want to arrange our game for the weekend?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 10:40:06 AM

Sjofn, when are you available? Most nights I'm free to start between 7:30 and 8 pm CST with notice and weekends anytime with prior notice.

As Ingmar mentioned, we're going on vacation starting Saturday. Added bonus, we have kendo on Thursday (and it starts JUST early enough PST that 7:30 CST would be cutting it a little close). So uh. Tonight, Wednesday or Friday is going to be the best bet for me, but I can do any time of day/night your little heart desires at least.

God Save the Horn Players
Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 10:54:17 AM

I am GMT+0 Danicia and will add you to my steam friends list tonight. Apart from tonight and Sunday night this week I can make most evenings if you let me know a suitable day for yourself we can get our match played.

Every day is suitable for me. I'm GMT -8 (I think...I'm west coast US). And I don't have a day job. So ping me and kick my ass at your leisure. Edited to correct my maths fail. :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:15:36 PM by Danicia »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 11:32:14 AM

Ymiron's G6 Crew | 0 - 0 | Keep Rolling!

You know, one of these days I'm going to reign in my greed and when the clear, unobstructed opportunity to score a TD presents itself, I will FUCKING SCORE.

But alas, my greed overcame me, and my werewolfs wanted to play with their food instead, which cost me the clear and unobstructed opportunity, and a failure to dodge out of the dwarfs tackle zone right on the endzone line ended the game in a draw.

Morg and the Deathroller kicked around some Norse into the injury box, but no permanent injuries.  Managed to injure a thick skulled dwarf myself, but otherwise an uneventful Block vs Block null match..  Morg congratulated himself by taking the Dwarfs' MVP for the match, and my troll leveled up from his MVP.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:58:14 AM by luckton »

willisterman
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 11:41:41 AM

Yep, a well timed bribe of the ref allowed me to keep my deathroller the whole match, giving me some defence against the much higher ST of the norse team.  I wouldn't say it was close, the Norse team had the edge for most of the game, and would have easily won if they'd moved one more square.  Still, with the difference in the teams I'm pleased with 0-0, but still no damn level ups.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 11:46:17 AM

Wednesday or Friday would work, though I probably won't get home till a little after 6. 7 would be good if that works for you?
That works.  Lets aim for Wednesday (tomorrow!) at 11am UTC-8, 7pm UTC.  See you then!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 12:14:56 PM

As Ingmar mentioned, we're going on vacation starting Saturday. Added bonus, we have kendo on Thursday (and it starts JUST early enough PST that 7:30 CST would be cutting it a little close). So uh. Tonight, Wednesday or Friday is going to be the best bet for me, but I can do any time of day/night your little heart desires at least.

Let's try Wednesday night. 7:30 pm CST is just the start time. I can be available to start anytime between 7:30 and about 9:30 pm CST (gives me time to get the dogs walked and get a game in before sleep).

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 12:16:19 PM

Sounds good, I'll be on Steam around then and you can PM me when you are settled and ready to rat.

God Save the Horn Players
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:52 PM

Well Llyse, we better get this over with.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm in GMT +1 now.  So, with the time difference, might only be able to make this work during the weekend.  Let me know when is best for you.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:46 PM

Alright, Chieftripodbear if that is real your real name, I'm going to abuse you terribly.

I'm open most any old time if I have notice, except Thursday night. I'm Eastern time. What's good for you?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:12:49 PM

Alright, Chieftripodbear if that is real your real name, I'm going to abuse you terribly.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schpain
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 02:27:55 PM

uhm i'm guessing you mean you're on -8GMT?  I'm +10 so me after work means your 7am; and generally i've got time every night so 7am-12am??  alternately i should be online in the morning on weekends, so i can play during your prime time.

Megrim/Llyse I'll make sure to let you know so you can obs.  Creepy otter is creepy...

*Should be working*
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

THE RATS

THE RATS

THEY'RE IN THE WALLS

THE RATS

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Fursecution met Purple Inferno and the results were... surprising. Hell hath nothing so furry as a vermin scorned it seems.

Not only did the rats run circles around the Daemons, they also managed to outbash them somehow.

I had 410k in inducements which I spent (wisely as it turned out) on Headsplitter the star Rat Ogre and one set of Babes. I won the toss, elected to kick and the match was on. It started badly for Proudft when the Bloodthirster knocked himself down on one of the first actions of the turn. The rats took full advantage of the loose ball, grabbed it, threw it to Yiffy who had found some space deep in the Chaos half and then marked up all the Daemons that they could. The Inferno tried to mark up the Gutter Runner and managed to get a blitz on him but could only get a push. The rats then cleared a path for him and he easily made the two dodges needed to get clear and make it across the line for an early lead.

For the next drive, the Daeons were much more cautious building a strong cage in the centre of the pitch, anchored by the fearsome Bloodthirster himself. Unfortunately two Rat Ogres can easily take the lunch money of any Daemon of Khorne and the cage melted away under the furry onslaught. The first casualty left the pitch with a smashed hip after being bodychecked by Let Me Tell You About My Fursona and the Bloodthirster narrowly avoided a similar fate after a particularly blatant foul by most of the Skaven team. The Daemons were in a bad place, surrounded and with the ball exposed,they needed to break through and unfortunately they couldn't manage it. Dis, the Bloodthirster did his part only for one of the Bloodletters to badly hurt himself while blocking I Have A Backstory You Know. The linerat also left the pitch with a knockout but the rats had a clear route to the Cultist with the ball and waiting Gutter Runners lurking in the Daemons' back field. The double team of Headsplitter and Secretly A Unicorn cracked skulls in the centre while Stormvermin took out the support on the wings. Finally Let me Tell You About My Fursona blitzed the ball carrier and knocked it free. Not Going To Lie, Fur Is Hot swooped in, grabbed the ball from under the nose of the Daemons, dodged away and handed it off to Yiffy who walked over his second touchdown of the match.

There was still half of the first half to play so both teams set up aggressively expecting a fight. The Daemons caged up again and held the ball back out of Rat Ogre range on one wing. Headsplitter charged Dis and knocked him down then a bunch of Rats jumped on him and managed to injure him. The Chaos apothecary rushed on to save the big guy and put his fractured leg back together successfully. The Bloodthirster limped off the pitch but he'd be back for the next drive. The Daemons switched tactics and decided to make a run for it in desperation. Unfortunately the Bloodletter with the ball failed his second GfI and dropped the ball ion the line of scrimmage. Let ME show You My Fursona grabbed the ball and launched it up field to the waiting hands of Yiffy only for a Bloodletter to make an interception (I'm now two for two on interceptions against in this league). The Bloodletter had no cover so he ran back to the centre, got mugged and then the Skaven failed to pick the ball up in two consecutive turns to end the half.

The second half saw a full Skaven lineup agaisnt ten Daemons. The rats started well by clearing a hole in the middle of the pitch with two KOs in two blocks but then fluffed a handoff to the thrower sat out of harms way. Dis decided to play properly for a change and KOd Headsplitter. Unfortunately Cosplay Is For Amateurs, picked the ball up successfully, ran forwards and executed a pinpoint pass to Yiffy who was waiting behind Daemon lines to achieve his hat-trick.

Now the Daemons were down to only 8 players and started well when Dis badly Hurt You Wouldn't Understand. The rest of the half didn't go so well however and over the next few turns, the Daemons suffered more casualties including a KO on Dis and a handful of other injuries. At one point the Daemons made a desperation running play but didn't have enough players to cover the runner and the rats were easily able to tackle him and recover the ball. I had the Daemons on the floor and surrounded with the ball up on the Daemon touchline waiting out the last couple of turns. Unfortunately I got carried away on my last turn and went for damage rather than walk over the score and got a turnover when Headsplitter rolled double skulls. That would have been a 4-0 shutout but I was happy enough with my 3 touchdowns and no serious damage. At the end of the match there were 5 Daemons on the pitch, only one of whom was able to stand.

After he match I got a mv8 Linerat and catch on Yiffy, I also replaced the Gutter Runner who got a -1 str injury in the first match vs Fildigar.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 03:42:53 PM

uhm i'm guessing you mean you're on -8GMT?  I'm +10 so me after work means your 7am; and generally i've got time every night so 7am-12am??  alternately i should be online in the morning on weekends, so i can play during your prime time.
No, -8 GMT is the holy center of the universe (At least for game companies).  More commonly known as Pacific or West Coast time.

East coast time is -5 GMT.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 06:36:21 PM

No, -8 GMT is the holy center of the universe (At least for game companies).  More commonly known as Pacific or West Coast time.

East coast time is -5 GMT.

Hello Polish timezone opponent... Are you ready to rumble Friday night GMT +9? Your Friday morning I suspect.

Or we can go my Saturday afternoon your Saturday morning etc  awesome, for real  DRILLING AND MANLINESS why so serious?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 11:32:57 PM

Saturday/Sunday would be best.  Don't have a lot of free time in the morning with my job.

-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 12:00:17 AM

No problem, will you be around on Steam or should I pencil in an alcohol free/blessed time?
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 12:07:59 AM

I'll be on steam, just message if you ever see me and can play.  But I'll look for you Saturday morning my time.

Edit:  On the team stats picture above, why is IanC at the top with 6 TD's?  Looks like he only scored 3 in his first match.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:00:23 AM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 02:17:13 AM

Woot! Go Snabzth!

We leave Saturday morning on a 9 day vacation, so if there's any way we can squeeze a game in during the week we should go for it. I can do a game on Friday night in between packing but that is basically the last chance - there's always the outside chance of a game on hotel room internet or whatever, I guess. I don't know if my sister has wireless, but we won't be at her place the whole time.

Ok, so my free times are about the following:

6:30pm-12midnight... which is 11:30pm - 5am for you.

or

6am-8am... which is 11:00am to 1:00pm.

So that doesn't really work, unless you want to stay up really late (I don't get home 'til 6:30 I'm afraid).

Otherwise we're a bit screwed, as I'm driving noon to 5pm sat, which is 5-10pm your time Friday.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:18:52 AM by lamaros »
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 03:06:16 AM

OK Danicia if we say 10pm GMT which I make 2pm your time today would that be suitable?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 05:01:02 AM

Edit:  On the team stats picture above, why is IanC at the top with 6 TD's?  Looks like he only scored 3 in his first match.

I have no idea. I have never played that team before this season so there is no pre-season history at all and I generated the stats before playing my day 2 game vs Proudft so I'm at a loss. I'll check it out.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 10:57:50 AM

Its showing 6 after 2 games correctly now.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 27, 2013, 12:42:11 PM

Ermine Vermin - 3
Underworld Raiders - 3

The Vermin kick off, against a pressing Raiders line, kick goes deep, BLITZ! Sir Chevington (Stormvermin) knocks Pwytzh (GR)out the way and Blind Eddie (GR) storms through under the ball, but he can't catch for shit and the ball is loose. The Vermin have maximised contact on the line to stop the Raiders running back, and pay for it with Squeek McSqueekserson (lineman) KO'd, Don Manchego (Thrower) badly hurt, and Murdoch (+1STR lineman) also badly hurt on turn one.

Wyose Chitter (GR) grabs the ball deep. Blind Eddie knocks it out of his hands, but fails the pick up, a brawl forms in the Raiders back field, but Chitter escapes with the ball down the left wing. Blind Eddie and Neville the Nose (GR) put a stop to Chitter's run, but on the far side of the field The Marquis de Brunost (Stormvermin+Dodge) almost kills himself dodging, apothecary converts it to badly hurt. The Raiders are now well caged, Bubonic Barry is KO'd, then Blind Eddie charges in true GR style, KOs Skulyk (STR4 thrower) and gets halfway to the line. But the Raider cage is ready to surround him and recover the ball. Five players down the Vermin struggle to make much impact until Neville the Nose liberates the ball just a few squares from the end zone, it isn't enough, and stranded mid pitch, Neville is dogpiled, this time the Raiders complete the job, 1-0 on turn 7.

Turn 7, Vermin receive, Cheddar Persille is handed the ball and scores. 1-1

Turn 8 becomes turn 7 again as the crowd, who can't contain their appreciation of the skill of the Ermine Vermin stream onto the pitch. But the Vermin aren't ready for it - they'd set up in a very deep injury avoidance formation. Pwytzh takes position on the left wing and Sluyk holds the ball in the centre, ready to throw, The Vermin swarm the Raider Gutter Runner, but there is a way through on turn 8. Sluyk throws... INTERCEPTION CHEDDAR PERSILLE! Unfortunately he's too deep to score, so 1-1 at half time.

Second half the Raiders are kicking - they are a bit confused and set up to receive. Anyway, ball is touched back to Cheddar Persille, he scores. 2-1.

Turn 8 and the Vermin kick back to the Raiders. The Raiders rush forward - hoping their red tide will be able to cement their lead in player numbers. Sir Chevington is immediately taken off badly hurt and Squeek McSqueekerson is KOd for a second time. Sluyk brings the ball forward. Neville the Nose dauntless challenge defeats the STR 4 thrower, but again can't hold on to the ball against the red swarm next turn. The Raiders score on turn 13. 2-2.

Turn 14, ball is handed to Cheddar Persille. 3-2.

Final drive Sluyk pushes up the centre with gutter runners Pwyth and Wyose taking the wings as options. Squeek McSqueekerson leaves the pitch for a third and last time, Badly Hurt on this occasion. The Vermin are able to force some hairy dodges, but just can't cover every option, Wyose scores the Raiders third to level it on turn 16.

3-3

Jasper is a good coach and the Raiders are a solid team. He had some good luck at the start with injuries and a few sequences of attempted bullshit on my part, where at least one should really have come off, anyway it all cancelled out against me being able to ride Cheddar Persille into the fucking ground.

I'll be shocked if the Raiders don't make the playoffs.

Here are some stats

Dodges
Vermin : 49/66
Raiders : 16/16

Blocks
Vermin : 9/21
Raiders : 32/56

GFIs
Vermin : 17/18
Raiders : 3/3

Pickups (FUCK YOU NUFFLE)
Vermin : 5/9
Raiders : 5/5

Boring stats:
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:36:37 PM by eldaec »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening  
Jump to: