Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:49:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening  (Read 34039 times)
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 01:22:47 PM

Ermine Vermin - 3
Underworld Raiders - 3

Will write more, stuff happened.
In which match I mess up my defensive formation /three/ fricking times.  *Face Palm*

Oh and misclick a linerat through 4 1-TZ dodges -- which he made!  If you can't be good, be lucky.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

Hmmm, do I need a forth gutter runner?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 01:51:40 PM

NO
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 01:59:52 PM

You can NEVER have enough gutter runners.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 02:10:40 PM

The only bad thing about killing a GR is they can't come into service for Papa.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 02:14:28 PM

The Minizilla's 7 - Biolab Sean Bears 0

Not the softest introduction to the league for Danicia's vanilla Amazons and was only compounded further by the fact that Danicia screwed up the inducements and it seems forgot to confirm her star player hires because with 1 meeelion to spend in inducements I was not looking forward to facing Morg a chef and babes plus whatever other goodies could be pulled out of the hat so when the match started I was shocked to find myself only facing extra apothecaries and extra re-rolls. I offered to abandon the match and ask for a reset so Danicia could spend the inducements properly (btw that offer still stands) but very sportingly Danicia declined that offer and said it's better to learn from the mistake.

First half I kicked off first and scored a touchdown within 3 turns when a fumble on pickup left the ball in range after the first move. This was repeated for the second score on turn 6 and for turn 7 I got a close kick and managed to work a block to free the ball and run in a third to end the half. Surprisingly the only casualty was from a failed dodge for the first half though the good luck on the injury dice would not hold up in the second half. I received the kickoff and scored again with a simple sideline cage and Danicia left her Amazons engaged with my Saurus' too often which meant I was getting a round of blocks in most turns and the injuries and Ko's started piling up and by turn 12 Danicia never got more than 6 players on the pitch at any one time and against such a high TV team that was always going to prove tough to acheive anything and this proved to be the case as I ran in another few scores.

3 skinks and my Krox all levelled this match while one skink has a miss next game injury (my star defence skink who would have lost a point of AV but for the apoth fracturing his leg instead). Fingers crossed no long term damage was done to Danicia team.

Match submitted.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:39:23 PM by Ulysees »
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 02:47:37 PM

I fucking hate the way hiring star players works UI-wise.

God Save the Horn Players
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 03:02:00 PM

I fucking hate the way hiring star players Blood Bowl works UI-wise.

Fixed that for you.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 03:31:36 PM

Aw, there are a FEW things that I don't hate. But yes, that was probably a more accurate way to put it.  why so serious?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 03:43:31 PM

The star player hiring screen is another step beyond most of the rest of the stuff in awfulness, I think everyone makes that mistake once.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 04:06:39 PM

Cyanide are the only people who make CCP's UI design look good.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 06:18:27 PM

Yep.  I've been burned by the Star Player Hiring thing too -- totally worth restarting a match over, IMHO, especially when there are so many inducements.

Still not as bad as the "End Turn" button's active area descending well below the button's image. :-/
z22
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 06:39:56 PM

Coach Ruvaldt, just sent you a PM here to schedule our match.

-Gort (Blitzburg BrewZers)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:43 PM

Zellar Dwellarz 1 - The Mutiny 0

RATTY BULLSHIT FOR THE WIN!

Of course, this game was a lot bashier than you'd expect from a rat game. I received the ball in the first half, pushed it down the field in the hands of a gutter runner then quickly lost possession. However, the ball never went too far past the midfield line and had it not been for a failed pickup by a gutter runner, I'd have scored on the last turn of the first half. As it was, I went into the showers at nil-nil. The second half started with only 9 players a side on the pitch after the copious number of injuries and KO's on both sides piled up. Sjofn's caged runner started to push up the field but had to change direction to exploit the open side of the field. This move put her runner into a half-filled cage and a lucky gutter runner merc wrestled the ball carrier to the ground, which allowed my other gutter runner to pick the ball up. He couldn't score, but he survived the only blitz pressure that could be put on him and did it still on his feet with only one dodge between himself and the score. And score he did! With only 3 turns left, Sjofn's hands guy failed the pickup, the first try but grabbed it on the second try. A lone runner down the sidelines ran afoul of a gutter runner and linerat, but on the last turn was able to run to the end zone to prepare for a desperation throw. Sadly, the throw would never come, as he tripped on a Dixie Cup thrown onto the goal line. For added insult, my Rat Ogre killed one of her expendable linerats on the last turn, though to be fair, it was in retaliation for killing my veteran Stormvermin. In all, I don't think I'll be missing anyone but that vermin next game and I think I won enough to buy a new stormvermin. I think Sjofn's guys suffered another lingering injury of some kind but I'm not sure what.

EDIT: Now that I've looked at the stats, holy monkey shit. Block dice is what won this game - I had 60% success to her 37% success. I had no turnovers on blocks, she had 1. Other dice were mostly equal but a Skaven team that gets that much blocking success against an AV7 team is going to do some damage.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 07:05:50 PM by HaemishM »

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 07:20:37 PM

Cursed werewolf, Gristle McThornbody, suffered a -agi injury. Not a big deal, but I elected to reroll it, in the hopes it would be badly hurt. Nope, it went to dead. That about sums up my luck with the injury dice in this game.  why so serious?

FYI, there seems to be a bug with Perfect Defense, in that it likes to shuffle your dudes around. It put one of my werewolves up on the line across from the rat ogre (EXACTLY WHERE I DIDN'T WANT ONE OF MY GOOD PIECES TO BE) at the beginning of the game, so uh. If you get that event, definitely double check your dudes before hitting okay. :P

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 07:26:35 PM

I had something similar happen. The thing is, I think it shuffled them AFTER I hit OK, but I haven't reproduced it to know for sure.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 07:35:41 PM

Yeah I guess I don't actually know for sure when he flipped to where he was, as I didn't notice WEREWOLF ON THE LINE WHERE HE DEFINITELY DOES NOT BELONG until after hitting OK.

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 09:53:53 PM

Yeah, the UI is really bad about shuffling your guys about.  Have to manually check every player each kick off, even if the formation is the same. :-/
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: February 27, 2013, 09:58:44 PM

I think this is something new in Chaos Edition - I'm about 80% sure it actually moved my players *after* I placed them deliberately. I can't be certain until I catch it doing it again though.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 27, 2013, 11:21:21 PM

Fairly sure that happened to me in game against Sjofn, I put it down to insanity on my part and nothing came of it, but since you mention it...

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: February 28, 2013, 12:06:39 AM

Woot! Go Snabzth!

Hey Ingmar, my Sat/Sun your Friday night/Sat are probably going to be the best times for me. Let me know what is best for you - will probably have to schedule this in due to the time differences and the fact I'm spending half the weekend driving.

We leave Saturday morning on a 9 day vacation, so if there's any way we can squeeze a game in during the week we should go for it. I can do a game on Friday night in between packing but that is basically the last chance - there's always the outside chance of a game on hotel room internet or whatever, I guess. I don't know if my sister has wireless, but we won't be at her place the whole time.

Ok, so my free times are about the following:

6:30pm-12midnight... which is 11:30pm - 5am for you.

or

6am-8am... which is 11:00am to 1:00pm.

So that doesn't really work, unless you want to stay up really late (I don't get home 'til 6:30 I'm afraid).

Otherwise we're a bit screwed, as I'm driving noon to 5pm sat, which is 5-10pm your time Friday.

Any thoughts on this Ingmar? I can aim to be home as close to 6pm tomorrow (11pm your thursday night), but I dunno what else we might do if that's too late/no go.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #56 on: February 28, 2013, 01:33:19 AM

I had something similar happen. The thing is, I think it shuffled them AFTER I hit OK, but I haven't reproduced it to know for sure.
It happened to me in my first game this season as well.  Got a perfect Defense, and then after hitting ok it promptly shuffled my guys around and placed people exactly where I didn't want them.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I think I may know why, however.  I think when I shuffled my guys around for the perfect Defense, I may have forgotten to leave 3 on the line of scrimage.  In which case, I guess it just autoshuffles people around.  Well, thats my only theory at least.  Otherwise, it sounds like Perfect Defense is bugged to shit.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #57 on: February 28, 2013, 04:00:01 AM

I am back in town! Carnifex, can we play over the weekend? What's your timezone? I am GMT+1. Weren't you Eurosomething too?

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: February 28, 2013, 09:06:27 AM

I'm pst (gmt-8), but I work from 10pm-6am my time, which means my daily schedule is closer to most of europe than many of my neighbours :) The weekend should be good for me, either Saturday morning or any time after 9 am Sunday.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: February 28, 2013, 10:28:30 AM

Woot! Go Snabzth!

Hey Ingmar, my Sat/Sun your Friday night/Sat are probably going to be the best times for me. Let me know what is best for you - will probably have to schedule this in due to the time differences and the fact I'm spending half the weekend driving.

We leave Saturday morning on a 9 day vacation, so if there's any way we can squeeze a game in during the week we should go for it. I can do a game on Friday night in between packing but that is basically the last chance - there's always the outside chance of a game on hotel room internet or whatever, I guess. I don't know if my sister has wireless, but we won't be at her place the whole time.

Ok, so my free times are about the following:

6:30pm-12midnight... which is 11:30pm - 5am for you.

or

6am-8am... which is 11:00am to 1:00pm.

So that doesn't really work, unless you want to stay up really late (I don't get home 'til 6:30 I'm afraid).

Otherwise we're a bit screwed, as I'm driving noon to 5pm sat, which is 5-10pm your time Friday.

Any thoughts on this Ingmar? I can aim to be home as close to 6pm tomorrow (11pm your thursday night), but I dunno what else we might do if that's too late/no go.

That isn't too late, I'm usually up til around 1 am my time. If I don't catch you then we can do it late my Friday night instead.

Danicia
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:01 PM

The star player hiring screen is another step beyond most of the rest of the stuff in awfulness, I think everyone makes that mistake once.

Hopefully, I won't make it again. :)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 09:46:32 PM

Think of it as being hazed by the game, I guess?  awesome, for real

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 12:41:17 AM

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:33:33 PM by lamaros »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 01:40:07 PM

May have gotten +STR on my claw blitzer...  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 03:41:04 PM

Chaos and Nurgle tie, 1-1.  I took a beating but at least I get a point?

I am in a bad way for my next match.  My ball carrier is out with a smashed hand, one warrior is out with -MA, another warrior out with -AV.   ACK!

Fancy graphic stats
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

How did you get the fancy graphic stats!

In any event, Hippies Vs. Undead just happened.  Match uploaded.  Its past 1 AM here, so I'll just post the stats and leave the summary for later.  But in short, not only did I have a match where Llyse didn't KILL several members of my team, but I actually won!

Alive not Dead | 1 - 2 | Hazardous Hippies

Teams
Alive not DeadHazardous Hippies
Race : NecromanticWood elf
TV : 18701980
Treasury : 1380000370000
Rerolls : 23
Apothecary : 01
Fan Factor : 1011
Cheerleaders : 01

Match Report
Alive not DeadHazardous Hippies
Score : 12
Touchdowns inflicted : 12
Touchdowns sustained : 21
Passes : 02
Catches : 02
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 56
KOs inflicted : 02
Injuries inflicted : 21
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 22
Yards gained passing : 1426
Yards gained running : 8262
Ball Possession (%) : 6424
Own occupation: 3960
Opponent occupation : 6039
Note of the match: 18/20
Spectators: 34000

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 04:32:56 PM

It's an option below BB code.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 05:05:00 PM

Oh, never noticed that.  Very nice!

-Stephen Colbert
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 05:18:31 PM

Megrim we must MAKE OUR TIME!  I'm in PST (GMT-8) and free pretty much all weekend.  I should be playing Saturday afternoon my time, unless I get drafted for some chores, but you can also just try me on Steam and maybe I can extract myself for a game on short notice.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 01, 2013, 07:00:21 PM

This didn't go well for Bring Back The Biff. The tone was set when the orcs go a Blitz on the opening kickoff, only to misclick and stumble to the ground with a concussion.

Still, tripodbear was a real trooper despite a cavalcade of double skulls. His armor held, for the most part, and he salvaged a good amount from the game by bravely preventing a third touchdown.

For my part, I learned just how effective bull centaurs are. They're frightening. Have them boxed up? Bring it: strength 4. Oh, you think you have my cage sealed off? Let me just rattle off a 9 square run. I could really get into this team.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 7 Day 2: The Bloodening  
Jump to: