Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  (Read 127498 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

on: February 05, 2013, 03:44:19 PM

Witcher 3 is announced

It's going to be open world and supposedly larger than Skyrim in area.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:43 PM

Unless there is a PS3 version. I wont be playing.

But if there were, I'd rather play TW1 and TW2 first.

I support the right to arm bears.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:01:29 PM

If I'd been told in the 90s that I'd one day be getting my gaming news from Forbes, I'd have split a gut from incredulous laughter.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:55:51 PM

I'm already looking forward to kicking  butt.

Nayr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:00:36 PM

I'm already looking forward to licking  butt.

Fixed for lulz. But then again, this is the Witcher, where Geralt can fuck nearly everything. lol

I may not be a player of TW, for obvious reasons. PS3 player and PC doesn't have the power to play it. But one thing I've come to admire is Triss Merigold. One hot redhead.

I support the right to arm bears.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:50 PM

If I'd been told in the 90s that I'd one day be getting my gaming news from Forbes, I'd have split a gut from incredulous laughter.

Forbes 'gaming coverage' has actually been pretty good of late. So good that it clashed with PA (Yes, penny-unfunny-arcade) staff.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 10:58:28 PM

Looks interesting. I might actually have to sit down and finish the first one. Then maybe move on to the second.

Truthfully, the game I'm looking forward to from CDPR is Cyberpunk 2077.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:34 AM

It's nice to see that they're ditching QTE.  Even though both Witcher 1 and 2 have had flaws, I've still found them to be great games, so yah, this will be on my buy list.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:40:57 AM

I'll wait till they show how combat works. Witcher 2's combat killed my enjoyment of the game. If they manage a decent control scheme this time I'll give it a try.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 12:17:31 PM

Squee, this'll definitely be on my to buy list.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 12:17:54 PM

This is a deep discount sale buy only for me, I really didn't care for Witcher 2 in the slightest.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 04:43:19 PM

This is a deep discount sale buy only for me, I really didn't care for Witcher 2 in the slightest.

Witcher 2 was the most enjoyable game I have played in quite a while.  I remember being completely useless for weeks going through the story.  This is a preorder for me as soon as I can through steam.  Also I am going to preorder the Cyber punk game.  Pretty much CDProjekt Red seems to be the new Bioware to me and the Witcher 3 is the only game right now I am really looking forward to.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 04:49:42 PM

Witcher 2 was the most enjoyable game I have played in quite a while.  I remember being completely useless for weeks going through the story.  This is a preorder for me as soon as I can through steam.  Also I am going to preorder the Cyber punk game.  Pretty much CDProjekt Red seems to be the new Bioware to me and the Witcher 3 is the only game right now I am really looking forward to.

You are a crazy person.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 05:03:05 PM

I liked Witcher 2 a lot as well. The combat was silly at times, but no more silly than AC games.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:34 PM

I liked Witcher 2 a lot as well. The combat was silly at times, but no more silly than AC games.

Can't be quoted enough.  The combat was hard to get into but the setting was so damn fun and full of interesting plots that I cant fault one bad aspect.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 07:57:39 AM

The screens are just stunning.

More Here.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 08:32:23 AM

How can this game be deeper than the taste of Tali's sweat?
For fuck's sake guys. Have a better taste.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 08:41:07 AM

rolleyes

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 11:46:35 AM

ROFLMFAO

Yep definitely the only game i am waiting to preorder off of Steam.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 05:30:41 AM

You are a crazy person.
Hey, at least he's not claiming DA2 was a good game.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 05:53:41 AM

Buying on the strength of this alone:
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 06:12:20 AM

Heart Heart Heart awesome, for real

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 12:48:14 PM

Cautiously optimistic.  I hope the their third attempt at combat is better than the first 2.  At least in the first Witcher you could pretty much ignore it after the Hound.  Once you got your silver sword, the combat just wasn't very hard, and it was at least viscerally entertaining.

The death of QTEs is reassuring.  Open world is a bit scary, just because I see them introducing bugs that make Skyrim's look tame.

Still looking to give Witcher 2 another shot, but my first go was so negative.  I need to find a way to make the combat ignorable. Easy difficulty, I suppose might work.  
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:50:46 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 12:57:35 PM

Patches have made the combat much more tolerable.  You can block freely now even when you're out of stamina for instance.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 01:14:19 PM

Easy difficulty, I suppose might work.  

It does. Once I realized why I was playing the game (story, not combat) putting the game on EZ mode made the whole exercise much more entertaining.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28:11 PM

Your attitude to combat should be quick strike, roll away, quick strike, roll away. Occasionally you can hammer an opponent, but you aren't set up to take two or more opponents on head-to-head.

And if you want super-easy mode, go down the magic path. With your damage-reflecting Quen and AOE Igni signs most combat becomes trivial.

Oh, and chop down all the training dummies you see because after 10 (5 in the prologue camp, 5 in Flotsam with 2-3 in the corrupt Flotsam leader's area) you get a 10% bonus to XP gain.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 04:52:58 PM

Easy difficulty, I suppose might work.  

It does. Once I realized why I was playing the game (story, not combat) putting the game on EZ mode made the whole exercise much more entertaining.

Damn right. Why should people be forced to play a game when they want a story? FFS. It's not like The Witcher has a novel or some shit.
Once again, Bioware has the right idea.

Q: If you could tell developers of games to make sure to put one thing in games to appeal to a broader audience which includes women, what would that one thing be?

A: A fast-forward button. Games almost always include a way to "button through" dialogue without paying attention, because they understand that some players don't enjoy listening to dialogue and they don't want to stop their fun. Yet they persist in practically coming into your living room and forcing you to play through the combats even if you're a player who only enjoys the dialogue.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 06:08:22 PM

I'm really having trouble understanding why you dislike that so much, given how much time you spend writing Let's Plays for visual novels.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 06:12:26 PM

The only way forward:

Yes, apparently RPG = Visual Novels now.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:42:19 PM by rk47 »

BLUND
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 08:16:00 AM

Witcher 2 was the best roll playing game experience of the decade. You used to roll dice to make characters do things but now you cut out the middleman and roll the character directly.

Seriously, having a hard time with TWitcher 2 combat? Shield and roll made short work of most encounters. Only way I can see someone having a hard time with it is if they're used to pseudo-VN dreck like ME3, where even the highest difficulty was hilariously easy with biotic combo abuse.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 08:25:36 AM

Just like Skyrim, amirite?  awesome, for real
So many cute newbies nowadays. One going all out to defend Bioware's Magnum Opus and now Potato's new Witcher May Cry.
I look forward to watching'em grow jaded.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 08:33:14 AM

waaaaaat.   You guys are weird.

I'm doing OK this time and still on normal.  It's still really awkward.   I just wish it wasn't such a huge departure from how Witcher 1 worked, where you had better tools (at least early) for dealing with groups.  But considering the combat was awful in that as well, they had to try something.  Yeah, shield spam has been the go to strat so far. 

I guess we'll see if I can keep on this pace once I get to that ghost hospital.   I think it was there or a point shortly later where I started dying like a bitch to really stupid stuff.  This was, however, at launch. 

-Rasix
BLUND
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 08:33:55 AM

and now Potato's new Witcher May Cry.

Witcher 3 black haired Geralt confirmed, polish tears flow like river  ACK!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:23 AM

waaaaaat.   You guys are weird.

I'm doing OK this time and still on normal.  It's still really awkward.   I just wish it wasn't such a huge departure from how Witcher 1 worked, where you had better tools (at least early) for dealing with groups.  But considering the combat was awful in that as well, they had to try something.  Yeah, shield spam has been the go to strat so far. 

I guess we'll see if I can keep on this pace once I get to that ghost hospital.   I think it was there or a point shortly later where I started dying like a bitch to really stupid stuff.  This was, however, at launch. 

If places are too tough, back off and craft corresponding oil/potions - it's a strange concept to do pre-combat prep but that's how the witchers in the lore operate anyway, they don't rely on sword techniques and agility alone - alchemy is a huge part of their arsenal as well.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 09:05:14 AM

You are a fucking Psycho.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt  
Jump to: