Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The new expansion really has everyone buzzing, I see. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The new expansion really has everyone buzzing, I see.  (Read 64143 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 05:54:02 PM

I get somewhat tempted by the idea of flying around in a frigate, love the idea of fast small boats, and then I remember it's Eve and the gameplay hasn't changed.

Every time I think about trying it again, I remember how slow the damn frigates feel, and that everything else is even slower.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 03:29:18 AM

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 04:01:36 PM

There are faster and twitchier things than frigates.

Interceptors and Interdictors specifically.

Roaming PvP usually involves cruiser sized ships. They feel pretty fast in a PvP context.

But any amount of pve in eve will feel slow.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 06:10:03 PM

*points at new, improved face*

Is anyone here still playing this?

I finally gave in and reactivated all of my 3 accounts and started training again. Bit unsure what to do next, probably sticking with my first and only corp...

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 08:15:58 PM

I have two accounts subbed and training but only really doing L4s and not leaving hisec.

The game, for all its shinies, feels stale and needs a kick in the arse. I really need to check my PvP pilot in with BC again, but I'm worried I'll lose interest fast in the game.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 05:10:41 AM

I keeep waiting for some drama to start to make it interesting to come back, but I havn't heard of much.

TEST putting a corp into IRC to defend it from Razor might do it, but I doubt it.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 07:56:51 AM

The idea of goon moon-time actually being important in the latest sov fight was mildly motivating.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 02:07:19 PM

Thanks.

Logging is very weird. On one hand I feel the old addiction somehow, on the other hand I feel lost and out of place. Eve always was a 'game' I played because of the people I played it with, after being away for more than a year that is all gone.  sad

Palmer suggested I apply for Bat Country, but you people are Goon-turds. The villains of Eve.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 02:21:07 PM

I would second the motion for you going to bat country if you want to enjoy Eve again. Goons are a good community if a bit self devouring, and the guys in BC are first class people and players. Eve really is the people you play with. The game simply is not good enough to be enjoyable on its own.

That said the most fun I had playing eve the last time I tried it was the hour I spent designing this avatar

<--

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 05:51:57 PM

Eve needs a bad guy or it gets boring fast.  Might as well be us.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 10:23:04 AM

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 10:48:06 AM

I wish EVE was as exciting as that music.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 11:07:41 AM

Yeah tell me about it. Watching that gave me an urge to go back to eve... but then I remembered that is the sun total of long hours of sitting with staring at an empty screen listening to idiots bicker and with nothing happening but lag. Thanks but...

Hic sunt dracones.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 11:57:42 PM

Wow, CVA is running Providence again?  Taking that region was a high point.  I might still have a video of the last UK tower being destroyed.  How CVA keep going after all these changes I cannot fathom.  It is entirely possible that they is totally different.  I think about going back.  Then I remember.  There ain't no going back, this is the really real world. 
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: December 30, 2012, 12:19:35 AM

As far as I can tell, CVA waited for the other nullsec powers to get bored and/or preoccupied with bigger fish, then quietly moved back in.  I never got the impression that their return was based on any sort of rousing military victory.
Korachia
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 30, 2012, 10:49:15 AM

Persistency and endurance is often greater strenghts longterm then pure mass.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 31, 2012, 02:55:40 AM

Bye -A-
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: December 31, 2012, 09:08:57 AM

Again?

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #53 on: December 31, 2012, 02:09:07 PM

Please provide context so I don't spend the next two hours looking for it.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #54 on: December 31, 2012, 04:01:12 PM

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 31, 2012, 06:51:20 PM

Some possibly-related evenews24.com article.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: December 31, 2012, 10:52:22 PM

Did they retreat to Stain like they always did, or is this the end?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 01, 2013, 06:40:32 AM

So far the only new thing I've found in the game are some skills I deemed worthless from their description and a "safety" button that doesn't do anything except change color.

CCP seems to cater to the high-sec dwellers with their new features while the interesting content like war, politics and space-jousting is produced by nullsec players. If they'd at least add Treaties it would be a huge boost to "cool stuff going on", but personally I think they're just not capable of making actual video games.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 01, 2013, 07:43:08 AM

You say they're catering to the hisec dwellers, and at first glance you would appear to be right. Looking closer, however, one thing strikes me as interesting. They've got things like the safety button (which interestingly refused to keep state initially, not sure about now), crimewatch's suspect status and the killrights' use thereof, all to basically try to reduce the "rampant ganking/griefing" of hisec ... and then you've got how the new bounties are basically being used as a grief tool. People with f.ex 5.81 sec status are bitching up a storm on eve-o about how unfair it is that people can actually put a bounty on them, because they're obviously so law-abiding that they should be impervious to such annoyances!

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: January 08, 2013, 05:34:22 PM

So, on Thursday they're patching in the DUST 514 beta testers to be on the Live (TQ) servers.  Still with NDA for a while (supposedly), but able to chat on the same channels as EVE players.  Extended downtime  and all that.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 10:40:41 PM

I'm sure that the chats of 01001010010100101010100100101010100101010101010 from the dust players will make perfect sense.  awesome, for real

I remember one time that some macro programmer guy had the bright idea of having his macro programs reply in local, as there was a rumour that one of the ways CCP caught macro-miners was talking in local and if no-one responded they would investigate. So if you said "Hi" they would say hi back. Of course, they didn't figure on other macro players having the same program. So people would pass though systems and say hi and watch local fill up with the bots saying "Hi!" over and over again as they replied to one another.

Didn't last too long for obvious reasons but it was funny while it lasted.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 06:11:06 AM

Now people playing a terrible game can talk to other people playing another terrible game.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 10:44:27 AM

Misery loves company they say.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: January 22, 2013, 07:03:34 AM

Unless someone performs a regime change, it looks like the CFC and the HBC will be declaring war.

That's one way to get the game interesting again.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:58 AM

Alternatively, everything fizzes out again after a few days or weeks of furious posting, because nobody really wants to wage a sov war on that scale.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 08:10:06 AM

So is the game down to 2, relatively friendly, mega factions now?

Hopefully dust will be out of NDA soon, I look forward to hearing what game design "innovations" CCP has planned for this one.

- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013, 08:38:25 AM

There's more than 2, but CFC and HBC are the main ones, yes.

This'll never get fixed until they fix the sov system into something which doesn't suck bags of dicks, but there you go.

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #67 on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:37 PM

It's hard to tel from completely outside, but it seems like this fight is more 'we're bored, let's scrap' than the existential 'this galaxy isn't big enough for the both of us' blood feuds of days gone by.  There's nobody else in the game that could be more than a speedbump to either major coalition, and nothing left worth taking.  If anything, the major coalitions almost wish they could give away some of the turf they are squatting.  But nobody wants it.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 02:09:37 PM

It fizzed out.

There are some posters who are literally crying buckets full because we're not going all out sov warfare, though, and that makes it so worth it. If we can, by sidestepping the sov system entirely and making up our own rules, force CCP to realize that the sov system must be fixed, then that would be an awesome result, too. I've just been bitching about it incessantly for 2+ years.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 06:12:04 PM

They should have been working on sov before it got to this point. Have there been any comments they realize it needs a rework or are they still playing around with rebalancing ships and dust integration?

- Simond
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: The new expansion really has everyone buzzing, I see.  
Jump to: