Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18  (Read 117067 times)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #175 on: November 18, 2012, 04:35:48 PM

200 dead karkans for the monthly and i'm done with the island of fuck-ups.
Logged on to find the event over. A once in a lifetime experience indeed.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: November 18, 2012, 05:25:56 PM

And a 20 slot bag!

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: November 18, 2012, 05:48:55 PM

Sad this is a one time only event ending so only people who had 3 hours(3 hours for an event is retarded) this afternoon could get the rewards which are actually good.  Ive seen 20 slot bag and accessory with +25 to all stats or something.  Little pissed I get fucked over because I had shit to do awont have an opportunity.  A lot of people pissed on their forums as well, not just because they missed but because shiton got disconnected at the end and no credit lol
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: November 18, 2012, 06:04:46 PM

I imagine when they run the numbers they'll not do something quite like this again. The system couldn't handle it, they had inadequate coverage for a weekend event, and they aren't able to do enough QA with enough real people on a wide enough array of connections to really get a real world impression until it's in the real world.

Halloween event was better. Shit, launch was better.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: November 18, 2012, 06:16:36 PM

Problem with this event was people like me did part 1, got nothing.  Did part 2..got nothing.  Missed part 3 and thats when they give out the uber rewards...wtf?
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: November 18, 2012, 06:18:07 PM

try playing during asian hours.
GMT +8

Monday morning is when the event climax is wrapped up.
Needless to say, I did not even bother turning up.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: November 18, 2012, 06:40:22 PM

I showed up three times.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: November 18, 2012, 06:46:32 PM

I showed up three times.
You came 3 times?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: November 18, 2012, 06:56:17 PM

I figured it was going to be an hour or so. By the time I was sick of it, I couldn't log out because I'd sunk over an hour into it.

It started well and ended well, but there were two phases of the event which had a gigantic silithi... sorry, karka... summoning adds. You killed the adds, not the karka boss. Except they just kept coming. By the end, it was three champions at once. It wasn't fun. It was tedious. Mind numbing. Awful.

Which is a shame, because the not reinforcement parts were pretty good. The loot? You were guaranteed the earring, the 20 slot bag, and then four pieces of randomized loot. Some people got precursors. A lot of others got named unique exotics. Me? I got two level 79 generic exotic armor pieces and two level 76 generic yellow armor pieces. Net value: 1.2 gold. For three hours, of which only a third of that was fun. It was bullshit and I'm still annoyed.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: November 18, 2012, 07:01:39 PM

I figured it was going to be an hour or so. By the time I was sick of it, I couldn't log out because I'd sunk over an hour into it.

It started well and ended well, but there were two phases of the event which had a gigantic silithi... sorry, karka... summoning adds. You killed the adds, not the karka boss. Except they just kept coming. By the end, it was three champions at once. It wasn't fun. It was tedious. Mind numbing. Awful.

Which is a shame, because the not reinforcement parts were pretty good. The loot? You were guaranteed the earring, the 20 slot bag, and then four pieces of randomized loot. Some people got precursors. A lot of others got named unique exotics. Me? I got two level 79 generic exotic armor pieces and two level 76 generic yellow armor pieces. Net value: 1.2 gold. For three hours, of which only a third of that was fun. It was bullshit and I'm still annoyed.
Furiously came 3 times and you got f*cked for 3 hours, coincidence?
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:56 PM

Problem with this event was people like me did part 1, got nothing.  Did part 2..got nothing.  Missed part 3 and thats when they give out the uber rewards...wtf?

Actually the best part is according to the forums, a TON of people did part 3 but got disconnected and due to loading bugs and various other issues could not reconnect in the 5 minutes before the chest despawned.  Other people who got disconnected got thrown back to overflow servers where the event was already ended.  So people that spent 3 hours today got nothing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 07:44:52 PM by KallDrexx »
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: November 18, 2012, 10:10:31 PM

Yea, I'm still scratching my head over this event. I got 2 level 80 exotics (1h mace and spear, not precursors though), the guaranteed bag/earring, and two yellows for my trouble. The reinforcement waves were indeed omg wtf - I went to take a shower during the second one, and when I got back it was still going. OTOH the map chat was pretty amusing during all this, and the pun factor through the roof by the end. There was also some breakdown in the chat/login servers after the event concluded; I wasn't able to talk in guild (would occasionally see some people talking, but not the ones they were talking to) and when I tried to relog to fix this, the login server said 'haha no'. Ah well, I had to go sleep anyway.

BTW, I remember someone complaining about dragon events being zerg fodder. Well, here was an event with plenty of zerg-busting mechanisms, how did you like it?!  why so serious?

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: November 18, 2012, 10:44:40 PM

try playing during asian hours.
GMT +8

Monday morning is when the event climax is wrapped up.
Needless to say, I did not even bother turning up.

Yep... it's a big "not for you" sign (I'm in the same timezone).

The tears are flowing freely on the forums. Superb idea putting that on a one time unique event. I'm halfway convinced Anet, like many PvP developers, actually sort of enjoys trolling their user base.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:18:29 AM by Kageru »

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: November 19, 2012, 01:30:28 AM

Since the event was running in so many overflows I did get to bring three characters to it....(It also turns out that I had guildies run all their characters to the chest spot, and if you were in the zone while the chest was up you could loot from it...which allowed some of them to get 8 bags.)

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 19, 2012, 05:32:22 AM

Viewing some Youtube videos the Fractals look kinda fun, but then I remember how hard it's been to round up people I know to try a dungeon (have yet to be able to try one) and between the elitism and retardation level of the general population I don't really have a desire to pug them.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: November 19, 2012, 05:45:06 AM

The Fractals are awesome. Way awesome and very expandable. The new zone is the wtf stuff. Why would I go back there? I'm not going to make more money, have more fun, or get better drops there. I don't think it's as aesthetically pleasing as Orr. It's entirely superfluous and feels very weird to me.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: November 19, 2012, 05:51:22 AM

I grouped for some fractals this weekend (three level 1 fractals, three level 2 fractals, end boss fractal) in two separate pugs assembled in LA (read: someone was saying 'lf3m level 1 fractal' in map chat). My own character is in greens with a yellow or two, and we had multiple lower-level chars in both pugs. One of the puggers kept falling down in the jumping part of the asura fractal, and another one DC'd through two boss fights. Still, the only times we wiped were on the end boss (because none of us knew wtf to do) and the "it's dark in the water, you may be eaten by a gruepiranha" scenario (ditto).

Level 1 and level 2 aren't hard at all, and can be easily 4 (probably even 3) manned. Except for the swamp, because fuck that place (NB - I haven't gotten the swamp fractal yet, but I hear it's not a very friendly place).

That said, I'm not so sure about doing too many fractals myself. As fun as they are, they can get repetitive if you do 6 of them a day...

edit: Same with dungeons. I pug with complete strangers 100% of the time, and "retardation" was never a problem. I don't recall any wipefests in dungeons except for uh... the first 2 weeks the game's been out, and even then the only really bad experience was in a guild run where *I* was the pug (and no, I wasn't the one screwing up :p). But then, I only run the 'scrub' dungeons because I'm not looking forward to meeting Giganticus Lupicus the Pugstomper.

edit2:
The new zone is the wtf stuff. Why would I go back there? I'm not going to make more money, have more fun, or get better drops there. I don't think it's as aesthetically pleasing as Orr. It's entirely superfluous and feels very weird to me.
The only thing I can see is higher level mobs. I saw a lot of level 82s [sometimes even 84s during events], and according to an early popup, higher-level mobs are supposed to give more/better loot. As a staff elementalist I can kill a young karka in about 4 seconds when my reflect shield is up (30sec cooldown), but I'll still get gibbed if I aggro two at once.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 06:12:20 AM by Zetor »

KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: November 19, 2012, 06:16:38 AM

I should clarify, the phobia of running dungeons with PUGS came about before people had figured out dungeons and they were still considered wtf hard even with guild groups.
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: November 19, 2012, 07:45:35 AM

This felt like a raid, and not in a good way. 

I had to go through it twice, as the first time I made it to the end of a 3 hour stretch, my corpse glitched out and became invisible to other players.  I watched the Ancient Karka get killed, watched the people cheer, saw the loot linked.  When I respawned and tried to run back, the chest was gone. 

Second try was successful, albeit another 3 hours.  I got nice loot, but for some reason didn't feel good about it.  Felt kind of wronged.  People were repeating it on their alts, hell even a level 2 was in there.  I couldn't bear the thought of doing it again though.

The one good thing was that I discovered you could join any overflow server that a group member was in.  Right click on their portrait and "join in [location]".  Could this be part of the otherwise inanimate guesting system?
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 19, 2012, 07:45:45 AM

The new zone's mobs are just dickish to the point of only being designed to make Orr mobs seem awesome. Tons of immobilizes, 12-14k ranged burst attacks (this is what makes reflect classes awesome for farming them) and generally nothing worth anything in the zone.

I do hope they learn that while giant world changing events are awesome, their engine cannot handle them right now so stop making them. I left before the phase 3 reward because I got tired of being one shot by champs that hadn't rendered for me yet because of the overly aggressive culling system.

I like the fractals, though I fear what they mean for Dungeons, since I see little reason to run dungeons with Fracts being nearly as good for loot (no exotic tokens however) and FAR easier to find a group for.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: November 19, 2012, 08:04:18 AM

If the reinforcement phases hadn't been stupidly long, and I had gotten an exotic over level 78, I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.  I like that they're doing events and putting new content out there, I just wish they'd severely tighten up the population of these zones for world-changing events to make them more bearable.

I also wish I had thought about putting more characters into the zones prior.  Maybe I'd have gotten something decent out of it then.  I felt really ripped off seeing people link all these cool items when all I got was ecto fodder.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: November 19, 2012, 08:09:11 AM

Dungeons will be fine, they still get you reliable exotic sets and the monetary reward is far higher.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:00 AM

I keep telling you guys you don't have to be on the same server to group up. Just get the invite on your friends list and zone into the instance.

So, we couldn't get this work with people on the same server, but different instances (overflow etc) let alone with people from another server for the Fractals.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: November 19, 2012, 08:31:44 AM

We've only had it work for classic dungeons and fractals.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:48 PM

Viewing some Youtube videos the Fractals look kinda fun, but then I remember how hard it's been to round up people I know to try a dungeon (have yet to be able to try one) and between the elitism and retardation level of the general population I don't really have a desire to pug them.

if you get swamp. prepare for a long stretch.
some of them require voice coordination.
and maybe a mes to make it bearable.

There's even a map with a bunch of mini-platforms that has gas-venting walls you have to dodge, else you get knocked down and die while carrying the mcguffin that kills you after 40 seconds.

whee.

LF3M fractal scale 3.
I am scale 2 , is that ok
No.
LF3M fractal scale 3.
guildies logon.
Hey guys starting fractal scale 6 party come join me.

One day of this and I realize I shouldn't bother.
I returned to farming the improved dungeon loot to farm silvers and retire my char when the gold gets more expensive.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 19, 2012, 07:00:59 PM

if you get swamp. prepare for a long stretch.
some of them require voice coordination.
and maybe a mes to make it bearable.

There's even a map with a bunch of mini-platforms that has gas-venting walls you have to dodge, else you get knocked down and die while carrying the mcguffin that kills you after 40 seconds.

whee.

LF3M fractal scale 3.
I am scale 2 , is that ok
No.
LF3M fractal scale 3.
guildies logon.
Hey guys starting fractal scale 6 party come join me.

One day of this and I realize I shouldn't bother.
I returned to farming the improved dungeon loot to farm silvers and retire my char when the gold gets more expensive.

This might help a little bit:
http://gw2lfg.com/

It hasn't reached a critical mass yet, but I've found a few groups off of it.

most often known as Drevik
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: November 20, 2012, 07:30:13 AM

Didja hear:  People parked their alts in the cave where the chest spawns, and when the Ancient was downed they just cycled through the alts and looted the chest with each one.

Huh?
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #202 on: November 20, 2012, 10:56:01 PM

What are you supposed to do with the items from the investigation quests? They're just sitting in my inventory, and... yeah.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #203 on: November 22, 2012, 08:26:30 AM

I like that they put out a post-event survey.

I eviscerated the event on the survey.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 22, 2012, 05:24:56 PM

I like that they put out a post-event survey.

I eviscerated the event on the survey.

Survey still gives me error when i click on the link.
Fuck those losers.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 22, 2012, 10:03:06 PM

This event pissed me off so much I cancelled my subscription over it!  why so serious?

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #206 on: November 22, 2012, 10:58:40 PM

No angst over Agony and Agony Resist?

Hasnt every game that ever had resist stats ended up deciding it was a bad idea?

It feels like the dev team and the post release team are two different teams with two different mission statements. Its sad cause the one that worked on the game up to release had me. The post release direction of the game makes me sad.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #207 on: November 22, 2012, 11:05:39 PM

It is interesting that they looked at radiance from LOTRO - a failed system that they said "our bad" and ditched - and decided they should use it.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #208 on: November 22, 2012, 11:21:24 PM

It is interesting that they looked at radiance from LOTRO - a failed system that they said "our bad" and ditched - and decided they should use it.

Or resists in WoW. Also "our bad, not fun removing".
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: November 23, 2012, 12:07:17 AM

Based on the speed at which they removed radiance from LOTRO, it should only take half a decade or so until they go back on this decision.  why so serious?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: The Lost Shores - Nov 16-18  
Jump to: