Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Time for a new Chaos Edition TV 1000 division? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time for a new Chaos Edition TV 1000 division?  (Read 12232 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #35 on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:08 PM

Hey, what's up, Blood Bowl Bullshit? It's been a while!

As someone who got ONE MEELLION in inducements against IainC (and then won, blowing everyone's mind), I am firmly of the opinion that inducements do a very good job of handicapping matches. But like proudft said well over a month ago, if it's a mental block of "oh god I will get totally killed I don't wanna" tied to TV stopping new people from joining, that is the most important thing to fix. I also think raising the TV limit and/or doing away with it altogether is fine (and let the poor bastards keep their money!).

I am almost certainly going to play again next season, even though I am rusty as fuck. Starting with something new or keeping The Mutiny are equally fine to me. :P

God Save the Horn Players
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 08:25:20 PM

I dont mind joining with a fresh team as well if it's ok.
GMT +8 timing tho.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 03:15:15 AM

I'm cool with whatever, and I agree with Ruv regarding a merger.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 04:43:59 AM

I agree with pretty much anything that leads to more games  awesome, for real
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 11:17:42 AM

Make those sluggards come here.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 11:34:30 AM

We are the larger community, even with reduced enthusiasm.  Season 6 still had a ton of participants.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 01, 2012, 12:38:57 AM

I think a lot of the problem this season was a bit of a vicious cycle where people lose interest because game days take forever because people aren't interested. When the f13 league started up I remember somebody posting that you basically have to mercilessly stick to the schedule with these things or they die. Regardless of who's in the league, this needs to be reinstated for next season. 9 days (or whatever), 1- or 2-day extension if there are concrete plans to get the game played, loss or coin flip otherwise. No exceptions.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #42 on: December 01, 2012, 12:44:00 AM

Concur. I also think we should mail IainC a horse's head. Just to encourage him.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 04:25:46 AM

I think a lot of the problem this season was a bit of a vicious cycle where people lose interest because game days take forever because people aren't interested. When the f13 league started up I remember somebody posting that you basically have to mercilessly stick to the schedule with these things or they die. Regardless of who's in the league, this needs to be reinstated for next season. 9 days (or whatever), 1- or 2-day extension if there are concrete plans to get the game played, loss or coin flip otherwise. No exceptions.

Yeah. Be ruthless. 9 days is plenty of time, even with issues taken into account. Give some leeway for actual emergencies, but otherwise tick those days over.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 05:26:36 AM

Considering how season 6 fail-offs turned out we definately need a schedule swamp poop
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: December 01, 2012, 07:03:47 PM

When the f13 league started up I remember somebody posting that you basically have to mercilessly stick to the schedule with these things or they die.

I agree with others on this.  Schedules are good.  I suspect that a lot of the chronic problem with F13 being unable to get any sustained presence in a lot of games is due to scheduling issues.  Or, at least, my problem with it, maybe others are different.

For example, I was also thinking this might help the feeder league, if we had some kind of scheduled games for it.  I go into every weekend saying "I really ought to work on getting good with this team" and then the whole weekend goes by without doing it because I never got that call from the President that said "NOW IS THE TIME" or whatever.  Not that I've really thought through how to fix it or anything.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 05:43:23 PM

When the f13 league started up I remember somebody posting that you basically have to mercilessly stick to the schedule with these things or they die.

I agree with others on this.  Schedules are good.  I suspect that a lot of the chronic problem with F13 being unable to get any sustained presence in a lot of games is due to scheduling issues.  Or, at least, my problem with it, maybe others are different.

For example, I was also thinking this might help the feeder league, if we had some kind of scheduled games for it.  I go into every weekend saying "I really ought to work on getting good with this team" and then the whole weekend goes by without doing it because I never got that call from the President that said "NOW IS THE TIME" or whatever.  Not that I've really thought through how to fix it or anything.

Yeah scheduling is definitely helpful, Satael's really good at advertising his blood bowl availability on steam so I can just msg him and get a feeder league game with no drama.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 06:12:49 PM

I'll try to get onto IainC once I get home from work, to try and get him to push our current playoffs forward. In the mean time, since there doesn't seem to be any consensus on restarting and/or possible mergers, we can hold off for a little bit.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Time for a new Chaos Edition TV 1000 division?  
Jump to: