Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:39:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  (Read 34037 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #140 on: December 04, 2012, 05:22:50 PM

Tamurkhan Division FTW.

Megrim, our best bet is probably your Sunday during the day/my Saturday evening (or possibly your Saturday/my Friday.)

GO MEGRIM!

DO IT FOR STRAYA MATE!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? awesome, for real
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #141 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:59 PM

Tamurkhan Division FTW.

Megrim, our best bet is probably your Sunday during the day/my Saturday evening (or possibly your Saturday/my Friday.)

Sounds good - I will look to make some time to play the game on the weekend. If we are lucky, we might even be able to finish the entire season over this weekend.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #142 on: December 07, 2012, 05:18:17 AM

Sunday anytime should be fine for me - my saturday evening your saturday afternoon also works as it stands at the moment so if you have a best time that suits let me know and I will make it happen my side.

Sounds good to me.  I'll be on Sunday then.  I will probably log in around noon time.  I'm looking forward to it.  Lizards are my worst opponents with the Presidents; your team and drogg's were the two I most wanted to avoid in the post-season.  By the way, thanks for that, Megrim.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: December 07, 2012, 07:11:29 AM

OK Ruvaldt will see you Sunday. There is only 1 thing I am sure of in our match. THERE WILL BE BLOOD!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #144 on: December 08, 2012, 08:19:09 PM

Dwarves lose in overtime, 2-1. Very tight game, a fair amount of injuries, one dead dwarf (nobody particularly important), and lots of 1s rolled by both sides. I'll make Megrim post the stats. :)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: December 08, 2012, 11:46:17 PM

Beardstorm! | 1 - 2 | Insatiable

Teams
Beardstorm!Insatiable
Race : DwarfVampire
TV : 21501740
Treasury : 480000280000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 1110
Cheerleaders : 01

Match Report
Beardstorm!Insatiable
Score : 12
Touchdowns inflicted : 11
Touchdowns sustained : 11
Passes : 00
Catches : 00
Interceptions : 10
Knockdowns inflicted : 1612
KOs inflicted : 23
Injuries inflicted : 23
Deaths inflicted : 01
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 02
Yards gained running : 6246
Ball Possession (%) : 5536
Own occupation: 3564
Opponent occupation : 6435
Note of the match: 14/20
Spectators: 33000

Oh good, the stats thing worked.

I cant really say much about the game without looking at the replay. Going in I felt that Ingmar was in with a much better chance than me, given the amount of muscle on his team. Luckily I think for me, he didn't break armour as much as he could have, and with the loss of two dwarves early on, the dwarf speed disadvantage became very apparent as the match went on.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:52:35 PM by Megrim »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #146 on: December 09, 2012, 02:36:45 AM

Match validated, well done Megrim. If Ruvaldt and Ulysees can get their game done soon we may be able to wrap this league up before Christmas.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #147 on: December 09, 2012, 10:21:42 AM

Congrats, Megrim.

I'm on now.  Hopefully Ulysees and I can get it done today.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: December 09, 2012, 04:39:20 PM

Congrats Megrim!!

Bad luck Ingmar, definitely two of the best coaches in the league, sounds like a game worthy of the playoffs
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #149 on: December 09, 2012, 05:32:46 PM

I was on for most of today but have to take off for the evening football game.  Soooo...make it another day, Ulysees?  My next available day would be Thursday, I think, but I'll have to look.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: December 10, 2012, 12:29:50 AM

Sorry Ruvaldt - My other half went into hospital for an exploratory operation that should have been routine but she had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic so not bene around my PC at the weekend. Thursday should be good for me and apologies for not thinking to post about not being around to get our match done.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #151 on: December 10, 2012, 05:06:07 AM

Hey, no problem.  I probably wouldn't have thought to post on a forum while my wife was having a medical problem either.  I hope everyone is alright.  That's what really matters.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: December 10, 2012, 02:27:43 PM

Thanks for the understanding Ruvaldt. Looks like thursday is a no go here but will definately make the time for our match Saturday or Sunday this weekend if you can confirm a day. Once again sorry for missing you Sunday.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #153 on: December 10, 2012, 09:39:14 PM

That works for me.  As it turns out, I am going to watch the first round of the playoffs for a local curling league, that I am planning to join soon, on Thursday so it would not work for me either.  Saturday or Sunday are the best days for me, too.  If you have a preferred time just let me know.  I am very flexible both of those days and don't have anything planned except for holiday shopping.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 05:22:30 AM by Ruvaldt »

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: December 11, 2012, 02:10:15 PM

OK how about we say 9pm GMT which I make around 3pm your time on Saturday?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: December 11, 2012, 02:14:01 PM

Curling...Texas... swamp poop
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #156 on: December 12, 2012, 05:51:07 AM

OK how about we say 9pm GMT which I make around 3pm your time on Saturday?

That sounds great.

It's north Texas, at least, Avaia.   awesome, for real

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #157 on: December 15, 2012, 02:33:32 PM

It's you and I, Megrim.

Ex-Presidents of Doom 2 - 1 Minizillas

Ulysees scored after three rounds in pretty standard Lizard fashion and knocked one of my beastmen out of the match along with a KO, but those would be my only sustained casualties or KOs for the rest of the match.  I went into my first possession confident I had time to score, but what I really needed to do was thing out his sauri.  By the eighth turn I had a pretty significant advantage manpower-wise, had forced Ulysees to use his apothecary, I was poised to score a TD, but I made a key positioning mistake that was easily avoidable, and I failed a blitz and then a dodge I needed for the TD.  I went into the second half down a point.

The second half was a bit of a bloodbath for Ulysees as I took out some key sauri, including his beast of an MB/Tackle/Frenzy/Block sauri.  I scored with four turns left knowing that Ulysees had a good shot at scoring fast and leaving me no time to equalize for overtime.  I had a bad kick off that went off field and Ulysees gave the ball to a skink, ran a fast skink into my territory and then rushed down for a hand off.  The hand off went poorly though, I surrounded the ball, knocked out one of his skinks, grabbed the ball with Pierce and started running down field.  By the end I scored on turn 20.

Ulysees played one hell of a match, but the casualties/kos were just too much for his team.  Fortunately, only one proved to be an injury that will last past this match.

Now the Presidents are going to their first championship match.

Tale of the tape:

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: December 15, 2012, 06:30:29 PM

The Ex-Presidents 2 - The Minizilla's 1

I was fairly confident going into this match that while Ruvaldts team was able to pack a punch so was mine and expected this to be decided by who could get players off the field fastest. Things started well for me with an injury and a Ko in my first round of blocks and my quick score sideline cage paid off with a turn 3 score. After this my trsuty block dice deserted me. Ruvaldt injured my Krox on his first block of his drive and though I saved him with the apoth to come on again it was the start of my teams decimation as with his very next block he also injured a saurus. Ruvaldt made a mistake though with his last turn putting himself in range of a skink who had to make some dodges to mark him and he survived the blitz that would have freed Ruvaldt for the equaliser and then makes his diving tackle to send me into the second half down 2 Saurus' and a skink but leading 1 - 0.

Second half carries on like the first with a steady stream of lizards leaving the field either to injuries or KO's and Ruvaldt does equalise on turn 13 but for my drive I only have 5 players on the field 3 of those skinks. I get a little luck with a free hand off from the kick off but made the mistake of passing it behind the LOS and when i cleared the centre to make a run I had to use a re-roll on a GFI and failed the hand off and with that my chance of winning the match ended and all that was left was to pray that no more harm could be done to me before Ruvaldt ran in the winner on the last turn of overtime.

Was a good game despite the beating I took and I look forward to the final as 2 skilled players will be contesting it. Made the semi's this season so my progression continues, next year for the final!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #159 on: December 17, 2012, 01:38:50 PM

It's a Christmas miracle!

Final is on, Ruvaldt vs Megrim for the glory and adulation of their peers.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: December 17, 2012, 02:13:51 PM

Do ho ho. Was hoping for a bit more damage to this Chaos nonsense, but it looks as though I'll have to do it the hard way. The upshot however, is that if I win, I can finally stop playing Vampires.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #161 on: December 17, 2012, 07:09:58 PM

And if I win the league won't have to deal with the Presidents any longer.  I'm sure both options are music to a lot of ears.

So when is good for you, Megrim?  I have a lot of free time after Wednesday as I've got two weeks of vacation coming up.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: December 17, 2012, 08:03:46 PM

I am at work most of this week, but Friday night my time - so Thursday morning your time might be worth a shot. Alternatively Saturday morning and Friday night your time is also a possibility. If those don't work, we can just try for some time over the weekend.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #163 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:56 PM

Saturday morning, my time, would almost certainly work.  My in-laws are in town and I'm not entirely sure what they hope to do this weekend, but whatever it is it'll almost certainly be in the afternoon.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: December 18, 2012, 06:05:37 PM

Saturday morning, my time, would almost certainly work.  My in-laws are in town and I'm not entirely sure what they hope to do this weekend, but whatever it is it'll almost certainly be in the afternoon.

Sounds pretty good. Lets see if we can get this finished over the weekend then.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: December 23, 2012, 05:42:24 AM

And we are done, season over! And before the year ended too!

Results:

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: December 23, 2012, 05:51:36 AM

Congratulations Ruvaldt!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #167 on: December 23, 2012, 05:54:08 AM

Season 6 championship match has been played.  The match has been uploaded if anyone wants to view it.  It turned out to be a pretty good game if you enjoy positioning and defensive showdowns as much as I do.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: December 23, 2012, 07:18:17 AM

Congratulations to the champions!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #169 on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:10 AM

Well done Ruvaldt! Glad to get this out of the way before Xmas.

Thanks to everyone who participated in what was a much messier than usual league.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: December 23, 2012, 05:48:40 PM

It's over?  Already?    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: December 25, 2012, 08:38:35 PM

It's over?  Already?    Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Well deserved Congratulations to Ruvaldt! and Much Kudos to Megrim for getting another Silver for Australia  why so serious? DRILLING AND MANLINESS Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  
Jump to: