Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  (Read 34083 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #105 on: October 25, 2012, 02:47:18 PM

I can get up early Sunday, probably yeah. I don't know that I'll be able to fit the full double header in.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: October 27, 2012, 01:43:50 AM

megrim come back  cry
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 27, 2012, 09:26:10 AM

I can get up early Sunday, probably yeah. I don't know that I'll be able to fit the full double header in.

Turns out I'm away tonight. So won't be able to do 1am your time as suspected.

Can do anything your morning on Sunday through to about 5pm your time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #108 on: October 27, 2012, 03:19:04 PM

megrim come back  cry

What's your account on Steam?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: October 28, 2012, 09:50:00 AM

Beardstorm! advances with a 3-0 win in its 4th match against rats this season. Seriously can we get an exterminator?

The entire match was spent Very Sunny; it didn't change the outcome of the one pass that was thrown, however. I don't remember any other significant kickoff effects; Eldaec got to move his guys one square a couple times I believe.

His inducements were Morg, an apothecary, a Bloodweiser Babe, and something else I forgot.

He chose to kick off to me, resulting in the typical 8 turn dwarf drive for a score; he had one turn to set up for a one turn score, but was foiled by a failed pickup roll (something of a theme for the rats in this game).

The second half started similarly, with the rats lined up to go deep, but after some failed pickups and other such nonsense, the dwarves were able to get the ball and run it in, in the process KOing/injuring the one turn capable GRs. At this point the rats were short handed enough that a similar thing happened on the 3rd drive. As I type this, brutal revenge is being taken on my shitty mummies in the Masters tournament.

Beardstorm! | 3 - 0 | Ermine Vermin

Teams
Beardstorm!Ermine Vermin
Race : DwarfSkaven
TV : 21501490
Treasury : 46000020000
Rerolls : 43
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 1111
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Beardstorm!Ermine Vermin
Score : 30
Touchdowns inflicted : 30
Touchdowns sustained : 03
Passes : 01
Catches : 01
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 155
KOs inflicted : 23
Injuries inflicted : 41
Deaths inflicted : 10
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 24
Yards gained running : 10028
Ball Possession (%) : 678
Own occupation: 4158
Opponent occupation : 5841
Note of the match: 15/20
Spectators: 42000

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 28, 2012, 10:27:44 AM

This was the first game in 17 that the Vermin failed to score.

First half was pretty fun, ball changed hands 4 or 5 times before the dwarfs made their dastardly escape.

Turn 8 and 9 was supposed to see Cheddar Persille bring Ermine back into contention, but 4 consecutive failed pickups (agi4, unopposed) meant he never got a look in, and the second half went thoroughly dwarf shaped.

Fuck tackle.

No permanent injuries for either side afaik, though the Marquis de Brunost did reach level 2, and barring boxcars will be trained to guard.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:09:59 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 29, 2012, 10:54:10 AM

Yeah the inflicted death was a loner merc.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: October 29, 2012, 05:27:43 PM

I am not!  Friday night is date night with the missus.  If I violated it I'd be flayed.

Sunday the 29th or Monday the 30th?

I've got a small window to play tonight unless you are available late late tonight (read early hours of the 30th).  Let me know if some other time works better for you.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 29, 2012, 06:02:20 PM

NURGLE NURGLE HE'S OUR MAN

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #114 on: October 30, 2012, 05:22:51 AM

I am not!  Friday night is date night with the missus.  If I violated it I'd be flayed.

Sunday the 29th or Monday the 30th?

I've got a small window to play tonight unless you are available late late tonight (read early hours of the 30th).  Let me know if some other time works better for you.

Nope!  D&D tonight and probably Halloween.  I'm free Thurs, Sat and Sun.  Thursday during the afternoon/evening, Saturday and Sunday pretty much any time of the day or night.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #115 on: November 05, 2012, 05:14:46 AM

Avaia!  I'm free Mon, Thu, Sat, and Sun.  How is your coming week looking?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: November 05, 2012, 05:43:04 AM

Should be fine in the evenings.  I've been looking for you but you haven't been online. 
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #117 on: November 05, 2012, 06:15:53 AM

Yeah, I really don't hang out on Steam lately.  I'll start checking in the evenings though.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:12 PM

megrim and i are having connection woes again :(  try #3 scheduled for this weekend.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 12, 2012, 11:08:50 AM

Any luck for the remaining games?

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: November 13, 2012, 11:06:33 AM

Any luck for the remaining games?
megrim was gonna do some research on fixing his end of the internet but i didn't see him active on steam this weekend - for what its worth, megrim, i can be around my nights for the rest of the week since my girlfriend's gonna be on the other coast.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: November 15, 2012, 08:23:21 AM

I've been out of town for work, should be around over the weekend if you are available...
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #122 on: November 15, 2012, 09:35:05 AM

I will be!  Promise.   awesome, for real

Actually, I'm off work from Friday the 16th to Sunday the 25th. 

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 23, 2012, 07:16:08 AM

Ugh, I am so sorry about the delay guys, drogg and I have finally played our match. To quote my worthy opponent, "Hypnotic Gaze is a motherfucker". I've uploaded the rep to Day 11.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 07:19:31 AM by Megrim »

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 23, 2012, 07:23:34 AM

HHB's undefeated reign of terror ends 3-2 in overtime to megrim's vampires.  bloody match - two skinks forever gone, including a blocker; two saurii down; the agi 5 vampire goes out too with the standard handful of thralls. it wasn't enough.  megrim scores early in overtime thanks to a blitz.   i had a couple of opportunities to tie it up but choked due mostly to my own incompetence and some well applied hypnotic gaze.  alas and alack.

thanks for everyone's patience while we sorted out the dumb connection bullshit.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: November 25, 2012, 04:17:54 PM

Am I correct in understanding that this is just Avaia and Ruvaldt now?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: November 25, 2012, 06:51:25 PM

I believe so.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #127 on: November 25, 2012, 07:18:12 PM

Yep!  I was on Steam this week, but didn't see avaia.  We're just going to have to arrange a specific time.  I'm available any day besides Tuesday between 5pm and 10pm CST.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 07:20:54 PM by Ruvaldt »

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: November 26, 2012, 02:08:51 PM

Yep!  I was on Steam this week, but didn't see avaia.  We're just going to have to arrange a specific time.  I'm available any day besides Tuesday between 5pm and 10pm CST.

Wednesday night work?  Kiddie concerts galore for me, I am free from Wednesday on.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #129 on: November 27, 2012, 12:09:58 PM

Wednesday night is a go!  I'll be there.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: November 29, 2012, 12:39:40 PM

So... did this happen?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #131 on: November 29, 2012, 12:41:22 PM

It did not.  I was on yesterday after work for a few hours, but when Avaia got in I had to go to bed to get up early for work the next day.  We're playing earlier in the day today though, or that's what was set up.

I'll post a summary and the log as soon as it does though.  This stop on my way to the championship has taken long enough.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:43:12 PM by Ruvaldt »

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #132 on: November 29, 2012, 01:21:39 PM

Fun fact: We started this season six months ago.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: November 29, 2012, 01:23:01 PM

That is the opposite of a fun fact.  Mob
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #134 on: November 29, 2012, 01:24:09 PM

I should have put that in green.  why so serious?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #135 on: November 29, 2012, 07:46:41 PM

Ex-Presidents of Doom 2 - 0 Bleating

It was a game of lots of KOs and injuries, but little lasting harm.  I managed to kill a Rotter in the first turn, but who hasn't?  Avaia also suffered two other KOs during that same turn.  He gave as good as he got though and injured two of my three claw beastmen by his third turn, and I really feared that my possession might end in a turnover in my territory.  I regrouped though, and capitalized on a lucky injury roll against Avaia's ball carrier, then ran the hell away from most of Avaia's players.  I ended up scoring on turn 7, and knew I'd be down a man, even with the injuries/kos on my side.

I caught a break with Avaia's two turn reception, and missed a golden opportunity to reroll on a two-die block against his Beast or Nurgle with my star clawpomb beast, Millard Fillmore, but ended up KO'ing him when he tried to block me back and got double skulls.  We went into the second half with me feeling pretty hopeful.

The second half was spent with me chasing Avaia's ball carrier around his side of the field, trying not to overcommit to anything, and eventually managed to capitalize on a bad dodge roll.  Franklin Pierce blitzed his ball carrier, and picked up the ball in the endzone for my second TD.  The last few turns were spent by me attempting to score a third time after a bad pick-up on Avaia's part. 

It was a good, brutal game of Blood Bowl that could've gone another way if the injury dice were different.  I go into the next game with one fewer claw beasts, but a Chaos Warrior who is about to get another level, I think.  Looking forward to my first trip this far into the playoffs.

The gritty details:

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #136 on: December 04, 2012, 04:37:01 AM

Games validated day moved on.

Ruvaldt vs Ulysees
Ingmar vs Megrim

Go!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #137 on: December 04, 2012, 05:20:17 AM

Ulysees!  I'm free saturday and sunday at any time.  Otherwise, the next few days look busy.  Next week looks more clearer though.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: December 04, 2012, 07:40:27 AM

Sunday anytime should be fine for me - my saturday evening your saturday afternoon also works as it stands at the moment so if you have a best time that suits let me know and I will make it happen my side.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: December 04, 2012, 10:58:09 AM

Tamurkhan Division FTW.

Megrim, our best bet is probably your Sunday during the day/my Saturday evening (or possibly your Saturday/my Friday.)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  
Jump to: