Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  (Read 34085 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 09:23:41 AM

Somw stuff has come up Paelos so I am going to have to postpone for a few hours, can still play tonight but will have to be around -8pm my time so 3-4pm your time if that's no issue your end. Can stay up late if needed tonight if you are better playing later.

Ok 4PM it is.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 01:55:04 PM

The Minizilla's 1 - Southpark Smackdown 0

Will do a proper write up tomorrow as want to play Xcom now  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Is the playoff leage in BBmanager cos I could not find it, have uploaded to season 6 game day 1 for the time being until that is clarified and will put it in the right place as needed.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45:00 PM

Ruvaldt hasn't been online steam for 4 days and hasn't replied to my PM yesterday :(

The good news is I spent the 10bux to buy Chaos Edition, and my account password worked so I can play now.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 07:26:23 AM

Yeah, most of my gaming time is spent on the PS3 right now.  You are not going to randomly find me on Steam.  I am free most of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Weekends are always good.  If it is a weekday though I have to play during the afternoon my time (-5 GMT) and I know that could be tricky with you being on the other side of the planet.  During weekends I can play at any time.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 07:36:29 AM

Is the playoff leage in BBmanager cos I could not find it, have uploaded to season 6 game day 1 for the time being until that is clarified and will put it in the right place as needed.

Upload games to the F13 Season 6 league as day 10/11/12 as appropriate.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 07:40:25 AM

Iain are you ok to move my game or shall i resubmit it on the correct day?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: October 14, 2012, 09:06:14 AM

7 Deadly 3-2 over Hazardous Hippies on turn 20 of a classic elves vs lizards game. Wardancers danced, Skinks pranced, cages were made for very brief periods of time, lots of elves fell over to a stiff breeze at the very end, and time was called with an elf Catcher two tiles away from the lizard endzone.

I'm still pissed at Avaia for that -1MV to Sonneillon.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 14, 2012, 03:33:54 PM

Yeah, most of my gaming time is spent on the PS3 right now.  You are not going to randomly find me on Steam.  I am free most of Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  Weekends are always good.  If it is a weekday though I have to play during the afternoon my time (-5 GMT) and I know that could be tricky with you being on the other side of the planet.  During weekends I can play at any time.

I however this week often am randomly on steam- if you have time, check me out.

How about tomorrow?

09:00:00 a.m. Tuesday October 16, 2012 in Australia/Melbourne converts to
05:00:00 p.m. Monday October 15, 2012 in GMT-5

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #78 on: October 15, 2012, 03:16:44 AM

Iain are you ok to move my game or shall i resubmit it on the correct day?

I'll fix it, no need to resubmit.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: October 15, 2012, 04:15:03 AM

Thanks Iain.

Match Report.

I gave away 80k of inducements to Paelos' Chaos team so he invested in a Babe for the match which proved a wise investment as it meant that all bar 1 of his KO's woke up for the second half. Ultimately this match I think was decided on the second turn when I KO'd his Minotaur to add the Chaos Warrior I KO'd on the first turn which meant that I had a significant strength advantage in the first half.

The match started with me winning the toss and electing to kick, Paelos forms a natural mid table cage and throws some blocks scoring a couple of knock downs then on my first block I KO a chaos warrior who was a cage edge and pressure the ball carrier with the opening this created. Paelos clears the carrier from being marked and moves up the field to the middle and I again pressure the cage and with my second turn round of blocks KO his minotuar, things start to look a little dicey with lizards poised to pounce on my next turn but with a couple of skillful blocks Paelos clears a path to run his beastman down my right side of the field, however he cannot get any support with the runner and though all my hitters are marked I free my krox and move him plus 3 skinks to mark the goatman thinkiing this will now be an easy turn over on my next turn. Paelos has other ideas though and manages to pass to a midfield chaos warrior but again with no support so I then surround this guy and things are looking grim for paelos on this drive. With a lot of coverage Paelos attempts a dodge which fails but to my horror the bouncing ball is picked up by my star Saurus! Normally when this happens it never ends well but with a little nuffle love and surviving a couple of 1d blocks I manage to run Xhooqs upfield for a last turn score.

Second half and all bar 1 Chaos warrior wakes up from the 5 KO's suffered that half along with my single KO'd Saurus and I setup a standard push for a sideline cage and this is where things go wrong for Paelos as he gets thouroughly outbashed taking an injury and a death (thankfully it was only a level 1 guy who died) this half and finding himself very lightly manned and with only beastmen to try and break my side cage. He tries one dodge into 3 tackle zones which fails and lets me creep a little closer to scoring then to my amazement he manages to dodge a beastman into the cage and sack my carrier! Unluckily for him the ball doesn't go out of bounds and I knock down any close beastmen and decide to try and pickup with a saurus who needs 3 points to level. Allegedly this is a 33% chance with rerolls to work though the next 4 turns for me all ended quite quickly as every attempt failed to pick up the ball with those grease fingered T-rex wannabes!! The second half ended without any more real incident barring a fouling miss next game injury on a saurus that I re-rolled with the apoc to just a badly hurt and the final score finshed at 1-0 to me.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #80 on: October 15, 2012, 07:51:28 AM

That's pretty much how it went. In a bash on bash scenario, the Chaos have a tough go against a team with higher STR on the front line. Basically I tried to play defense and look for a weakness to hope for a little luck. In the end, the better team won the game. One the Mino went down early, it went into panic mode.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #81 on: October 15, 2012, 09:50:51 AM

I however this week often am randomly on steam- if you have time, check me out.

How about tomorrow?

I'm not feeling too well today, sadly.  If we could make it Wednesday at that time I would be all over it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 04:10:46 PM

I'm not feeling too well today, sadly.  If we could make it Wednesday at that time I would be all over it.
[/quote]

Wednesday at whose time zone?? Either is ok by me, but please clarify if it's your Wednesday or my Wednesday.

I think we can all agree this is all just formality- your team is very much more powerful, you beat me decisively in the last match and I'm down two of my star players.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #83 on: October 16, 2012, 04:53:57 AM

Oh, yeah, you're right.  I meant Wednesday my time.

And I never count any team out.  Yours especially.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: October 16, 2012, 06:52:34 AM

Oh, yeah, you're right.  I meant Wednesday my time.

17:00:00 Wednesday October 17, 2012 in GMT-5 converts to
09:00:00 Thursday October 18, 2012 in Australia/Melbourne

See you then.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: October 16, 2012, 11:20:07 AM

I'd much rather face chaos skull bashing over amazon bullshit, but perhaps that's my lack of tackle speaking.  Heartbreak
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #86 on: October 17, 2012, 03:45:20 PM

I was here at 5:00 - 5:45!  I'd stick around longer but I have an rpg to referee soon.

Would you be available at the same time tomorrow, Comstar?

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: October 17, 2012, 04:48:28 PM

Sorry, couldn't be at the PC in tim. My fault.

Same time tomorrow then.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #88 on: October 17, 2012, 09:38:43 PM

Sounds good to me!

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 03:32:50 PM

Game played.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #90 on: October 18, 2012, 03:44:19 PM

The summary:

The stats:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:46:39 PM by Ruvaldt »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #91 on: October 19, 2012, 09:21:30 AM

Day is advanced. Quarterfinals are go

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #92 on: October 19, 2012, 09:29:24 AM

It's like I never got out of the Hordes division.

Avaia!  I have all this Saturday and Sunday to play.  Pick a time and I'll be there.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 19, 2012, 10:10:19 AM

It's like I never got out of the Hordes division.

Avaia!  I have all this Saturday and Sunday to play.  Pick a time and I'll be there.

I'm out of town from 10/20 through 10/28.  Are you available tonight?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #94 on: October 19, 2012, 10:15:59 AM

I am not!  Friday night is date night with the missus.  If I violated it I'd be flayed.

Sunday the 29th or Monday the 30th?

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: October 19, 2012, 10:19:12 AM

i'm up in eureka this weekend megrim but can be around weekday evenings.  hit me up!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #96 on: October 19, 2012, 10:59:08 AM

I am pretty busy all weekend, eldaec, but after that things open up like normal.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: October 19, 2012, 03:01:22 PM

I'm free daytimes (except tomorrow) so I'm guessing my afternoon/your evening will be best for our game, Ulysees.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 19, 2012, 04:21:05 PM

Cool will look for you on Sunday night my time then as I am out on Saturday night.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: October 21, 2012, 05:59:52 AM

I am pretty busy all weekend, eldaec, but after that things open up like normal.

I'm on UK time, so imagine we'll need to plan something next weekend.

We should make it a double header as Nerve Damage need to play Going Forth by Day as well.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 21, 2012, 04:27:23 PM

Minizilla's 3 - 7 Deadly 0

Will do a proper write up tomorrow as it is late now and it's a school night. Was a good game and lots of break tackle Saurus are really damn annoying.

Game is submitted on BBmanager to game day 11

*edit* Match Report

So the hot lizard on lizard action took place last night and the Minizilla's triupmhed 3 - 0 over Ezrasts 7 Deadly with the game being a lot closer than the scoreline suggested. I was giving up 220k of inducements to Ezrasts team so he took a wizard and a babe. I won the toss and elected to kick first and promptly put the ball out of bounds for an easy hand off to start proceedings. Ezrast elects to not make a standard cage and just screens his carrier allowing me to put early pressure on him and on his second turn he finds himself marked by one of my blocking skinks who with a 1d block scores a POW and pops the ball free, however we then spend 3 turns trying to manouver the ball into a safe place for one of us to make a pickup and eventually I get the luck and with a push onto the ball and it finally drops into an unmarked square. I make the pickup and hand off to scurry down the pitch on turn 5. All of Ezrasts saurus' are marked but I did not account for how much break tackle he had on his team and he wizards my carrying skink and moves a saurus to mark the ball. I surround this saurus with skinks and attempt a pickup which fails and the ball bounces to his Saurus who makes the catch! With 2 turns remaining he break tackles away and runs up towards midfield and can still score on his drive if he can survive a blitz and get a hand off. Fortunately for me Xhooqs once more proves his worth to the team with a take down of the carrier and I manage to get the ball back and move within score range as long as I survive the last turn of Ezrasts' half then I will take the lead. Ezrast blitzs me with a skink but has to make 2 GFI's to hit me and predictably because it is a do-or-die move it fails on the second GFI and KO's his skink leaving me a run in to open the scoring on the final turn of the half.

Second half kicks off with me not having taken notice of the number of turns so thinking I am receiving a kick after scoring I am out of position to receive the kick. I have to form a midfield cage using skinks as corners but at least that gives me the advantage of having more of my team in a position to hit Ezrasts and I proceed to clear a path through the middle and score on turn 13, surviving a couple of hair raising attempts to stop me giving Ezrast 2 turns to score a consolation. Since he does not have any 1 turn capable players this effectively ended the match. I kick off and Ezrast tries to make a fast scoring running play but once again I am able to sack the ball carrier quickly and after a lot of pushing around free up my ball carrying skink for a last turn touchdown. I kick off for a final time and Ezrast throws his last blocks but is only able to score a KO and the match ended with me having injured 4 of Ezrasts team (all via Xhooqs)  though one was repaired by the apothecary (luckily it wasn't a required save to his saurus as it was only a badly hurt but as the quack actually tried to save the poor lizard he slipped with the knife severing a vein which would have led to an untimely demise).

Do not think either side suffered any permanent injuries and I got 2 level ups, a level 1 Skink and the mighty Xhooqs. I think the lack of block was a handicap for Ezrast but he did not fail numerous break tackles on his turns and showed the flexibilty this gives to counter the one real weakness of a lizardman team, namely their lack of mobilty if you mark all their saurus' and he was very unlucky in the fact that whenever i needed to score a POW I did and he was unable to really threaten my carrier on my drive, most likely because of the screw up I made with the positioning which left me covered much more widely than I would have been normally.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:14:15 AM by Ulysees »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 25, 2012, 11:52:30 AM

Eldaec -

Now that my weekend schedule has firmed up it looks like the best bet unfortunately is going to be a late night game for me/morning game for you. You're either 8 or 9 hours ahead of me I believe, so if we play at say 1 am my time that shouldn't be too awfully early for you right?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: October 25, 2012, 02:34:50 PM

The clocks change this weekend for me, I'm moving from GMT+1 to GMT.

What are you on?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: October 25, 2012, 02:37:16 PM

I am UTC -7 (Pacific Daylight Time), my clock doesn't change until Nov 4.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: October 25, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Hmmm, sure you can't do first thing your time on Sunday (teatime here)?

May be able to do Sunday morning but will need to post nearer the time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  
Jump to: