Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:53:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  (Read 33565 times)
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 08, 2012, 12:33:43 PM

avaia. You. Me. My ORC FIST

Your orcs will be fisted, no need to fret.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:32 PM

I'm available for most of the rest of the day for our match if you're free Ingmar.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:58 PM

I'll be home from work about an hour from now.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 08:50:00 PM

Dwarves win in a very tight 1-0 match against Goblin Baby. Lamaros had a chance to equalize on turn 16 with a goblin toss, but his star player Ripper decided to engage in some massive last minute Loner fail.

Beardstorm! | 1 - 0 | Goblin Baby

Teams
Beardstorm!Goblin Baby
Race : DwarfGoblin
TV : 21001240
Treasury : 430000110000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 118
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Beardstorm!Goblin Baby
Score : 10
Touchdowns inflicted : 10
Touchdowns sustained : 01
Passes : 00
Catches : 10
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 166
KOs inflicted : 51
Injuries inflicted : 41
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 20
Yards gained passing : 02
Yards gained running : 5426
Ball Possession (%) : 5136
Own occupation: 1782
Opponent occupation : 8217
Note of the match: 11/20
Spectators: 33000

Lamaros bought: Ripper, Morg'n'thorg, and a pile of bribes.

This match featured one of the most one-sided pitch invasions I've ever seen - on turn 1 all 4 of his big guys, his pogoer, and his fanatic (resulting in a fanatic KO due to ball & chain rule) and none of my front line were knocked down but Lamaros recovered well from it. Pucker factor was high for a lot of the game and there was a lot of tricky positioning and pushing, etc. Suprisingly little blood, however, considering the amount of tackle/MB vs. stunty/dodge going on.

No permanent dwarf injuries, although the deathroller was fired in a contract dispute before the game. Trollslayer #2 leveled.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:51:44 PM by Ingmar »

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #39 on: October 09, 2012, 02:21:09 PM

Ermine Vermin 5 - 2 Fianna Chulain

Not a great game for the Elves, they were playing the whole match in either a blizzard or blinding sunshine and without their star catcher or a second Wardancer. The Skaven started off with a 1 turn TD, then managed to extend their lead to 3-1 by half time due to some poor Elvish ball handling. The Elves could have gone into the break leading but a dropped catch and a fumbled pass gave the initiative back to the rats. The second half wasn't much better. A running play was turned around by a 1d Gutter Runner blitz on the Elvish catcher who thought he was out of rat range, the blitz was a push and strip ball put the ball out of bounds, the crowd then obligingly threw it back in close to an unmarked Skaven who could throw it to a different unmarked Skaven in scoring range. There was a comedy moment after the second Elf TD when the Skaven again pulled out their 1 turn TD trick only for the GR to fail the last GfI in the endzone and KO himself. A relieved Elf thrower collected the ball and went to throw it to a catcher for what would have been a safe 3rd TD but fumbled it and the Skaven were able to recover the ball and go 4-2 up in their next turn instead.

Nobody died despite an egregious foul on the star Gutter Runner however the kick-rat will miss his next game.

Fianna Chulain | 2 - 5 | Ermine Vermin

Teams
Fianna ChulainErmine Vermin
Race : Wood elfSkaven
TV : 17101460
Treasury : 11000070000
Rerolls : 33
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 710
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Fianna ChulainErmine Vermin
Score : 25
Touchdowns inflicted : 25
Touchdowns sustained : 52
Passes : 84
Catches : 84
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 95
KOs inflicted : 51
Injuries inflicted : 11
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 12
Yards gained passing : 9822
Yards gained running : 158156
Ball Possession (%) : 4827
Own occupation: 7326
Opponent occupation : 2673
Note of the match: 16/20
Spectators: 34000

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 02:22:13 PM

Ermine Vermin - 5
Fianna Chulain - 2

There were blizzards, twelve passes, three rats knocked out by crowd rocks, Cheddar Persille failing a GFI, fumbled elf passes, a ball on the ground for 25% of the game, a non-gutter rat on the scoreboard, over 400 yards gained between the two teams and elves resorting to fouls.

A running play was turned around by a 1d Gutter Runner blitz on the Elvish catcher who thought he was out of rat range

You're never out of rat range.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:25:04 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:07 PM

I'll see if I can do a brief Insatiable v Alive not Dead write-up once I get home from work. Or Catfud can do it. The game was quite a struggle.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 07:39:56 PM

In a fit of cowardice, Team Snoosnoo shit themselves so hard they knocked themselves off the internets as the Bleating team was lining up.

Guess we need a reset.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 07:58:31 PM

I'll see if I can do a brief Insatiable v Alive not Dead write-up once I get home from work. Or Catfud can do it. The game was quite a struggle.

Same here
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 09:08:11 PM

Troll Slayer rolled +str.  why so serious?

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 05:24:37 AM

avaia and I are going to need a reset. I crashed hard (complete system reboot) while setting up. THEN, as my machine was coming back to life, my wife took a nice chunk out of a finger with a knife, so I had to do that and potentially go to the ER. It was a comedy of errors.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 08:38:46 AM

Did your wife lose any stats?  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 11:14:36 AM

Avaia v Brocktoon has been reset.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 11:16:23 AM

Comstar!  What times are good for you?  My weekends are the best time for me as I can play pretty much any time, but with enough planning I can arrange weekday games during my evening.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: October 10, 2012, 01:18:55 PM

Did your wife lose any stats?  why so serious?

We toughed it out and wrapped it. Then it reopened so she got it glued shut at the doctor this afternoon. No stat loss. Apothecary burned.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 10, 2012, 02:59:28 PM

Do we have an actual bracket somewhere? I have no idea who I play next round.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 03:10:24 PM

I have no idea who you play next round either because I have no idea if I can affect the seedings after the first round. Setting up the seeding for round 1 was already a giant pain in the arse requiring non-intuitive guesswork at random UI elements in the league management interface.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 04:11:03 PM

Comstar!  What times are good for you?  My weekends are the best time for me as I can play pretty much any time, but with enough planning I can arrange weekday games during my evening.

If you see me on steam, I can probably play. I'm rolemastering on Saturday. I'm avilable all day every day from Sunday till next Thursday.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 05:29:53 AM

I have no idea who you play next round either because I have no idea if I can affect the seedings after the first round. Setting up the seeding for round 1 was already a giant pain in the arse requiring non-intuitive guesswork at random UI elements in the league management interface.

Yeah, it's pretty awful.  You can only designate the first seeding.  After that it makes it up on its own.  I learned that from Horns & Hooves 2 because I had a big post-season.  Falconeer managed to set it up properly somehow though, so it is possible.  It just involves Italian witchcraft.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 09:43:50 AM

I've a suspicion based on vague recollection that in the next round you play the winner of the match next to yours on the fixture list.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 10:54:38 AM

Huh that would mean we might have #1 seeds playing each other in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Oops?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #56 on: October 11, 2012, 11:09:12 AM

Just a heads-up, I'm out of the country until the 21st, so no games from me until then.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #57 on: October 11, 2012, 04:55:47 PM

Just a heads-up, I'm out of the country until the 21st, so no games from me until then.

Write the match report while you're on the beach arsehole!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 07:30:48 AM

Uylesses! I'm going to be at home this Saturday and partly on Sunday.

However, I'm never actually on Steam because I play WoW, so if you can post a time you'd like me to log over, I will.

I'm Eastern Time zone which is GMT -4. I will be available between Noon and Midnight my time on Saturday.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 11:49:55 AM

Ok if I got this right then GMT - 4 means your noon is my 9am so if we aim for noon-1pm my time 3-4pm your time I think that will be doable for this Saturday.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 11:52:26 AM

Unless you moved to California, Ulysses, that is not right.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012, 12:36:52 PM

If he's in the UK, it means that he's likely 4 hours ahead of me. So his 4PM would be my noon.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012, 02:46:31 PM

Math was never my strong suit! Yeah I am UK based so if we say 4pm my time Noon yours then?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #63 on: October 12, 2012, 03:02:42 PM

Math was never my strong suit! Yeah I am UK based so if we say 4pm my time Noon yours then?

Yeah, that's fine.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 12, 2012, 03:32:54 PM

I'm having big problems getting the patch. It just cuts out or stops or the program is no longer running.

I tried adding my original key to steam, which worked...but it says it's downloading The Dark Elves edition..when the key is clearly from Legendary. How do I tell steam it's the legendary key??

Or does anyone know the download site for the pach I can download directly?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: October 12, 2012, 08:00:13 PM

Bleating 1-0 over Snoosnoo in OT.  Pretty crazy match, perhaps I will write more later.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 09:11:05 PM

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: October 13, 2012, 03:10:02 AM

Somw stuff has come up Paelos so I am going to have to postpone for a few hours, can still play tonight but will have to be around -8pm my time so 3-4pm your time if that's no issue your end. Can stay up late if needed tonight if you are better playing later.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 06:13:24 AM

Just looking in game, I'm moderately confident the QF bracket will go....

7 Deadly or Hazardous Hippies vs Millizillas or South Park Smackdown
Ex-Presidents or Catfighters vs Bleating

Insatiable vs Huhnqua Huhnqua Burnin Luv
Ermine Vermin vs Beardstorm

Winners of the top two being one SF and the bottom two being the other.

I'm far from certain but think this is how it works.

Hordes already guaranteed at least one semifinalist based on this.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 06:21:10 AM by eldaec »

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 06:14:47 AM

Bleating 1-0 over Snoosnoo in OT.  Pretty crazy match, perhaps I will write more later.

avaia with the upset in a really weird game. As orcs, I can't outrun Nurgle very well and a few very well-timed KOs on my players meant I was constantly down and unable to break free. The first half was a more or less standard 0-0 draw. The second half went completely bonkers and was one of the odder halves I've played in a long time. Tons of double skulls, skulls rerolled into injuries for the target, his extra armed mutant not picking up the ball and letting me nab it. It went to overtime (20 turns) and avaia got a deserved 1-0 win.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 Playoffs!  
Jump to: