Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 121 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  (Read 938246 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #735 on: November 20, 2013, 08:07:39 PM

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/store/281-drake-interplanetary-caterpillar-lti

Description says it all about its possible use.

New backers - $245 [€196]
Original/veteran backers - $225 [€180]

Yep, price is high (certainly higher than a Freelancer, but again it's a combination between a dedicated transport and a ship); it currently doesn't have an hangar because it will only fit in one that is not released, yet: the asteroid hangar (maybe we'll get a first glimpse of its in-engine version during the livestream on the 26th).

Here's a concept art pic of the asteroid/pirate hangar:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/wlxtj4w9wzo55r/source/Pirate_hangar.jpg

I'm confused. Is this an in-game spaceship for an unreleased MMO that you need to buy for $250 real dollars?   ACK!

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #736 on: November 20, 2013, 08:16:10 PM

I want to sell this robot I made over lunch.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:09:38 PM by rk47 »

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #737 on: November 20, 2013, 11:05:32 PM

But what are the stretch goals, RK?

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #738 on: November 20, 2013, 11:12:23 PM

But what are the stretch goals, RK?

We might add in Player-Tanks that can fight Mechs on even ground if the Anderson is fully sold out.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: November 21, 2013, 12:39:26 AM

I am disappoint. I want a dating sim for the 30M stretch goal.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #740 on: November 21, 2013, 12:41:44 AM

Heart

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #741 on: November 21, 2013, 01:28:07 AM

I am disappoint. I want a dating sim for the 30M stretch goal.

Why, Falconeer, we apologize for this oversight, but there's good news up ahead for BEYOND 30M - we've taken some time to contact the best of the best in the gaming industry and realized what people want from a sci-fi setting. And so we went for the best - and nothing for the best. We present you this update:

For 32 mil, we'll bring in Jennifer Hepler of the Dragon Age 2 fame to write romance NPC that are instanced to every player and capable of playing the role of the player's spouse. Just like The Old Republic Online!

Expect a wide array of personalities that the Bioware veteran is famous for, including:
A man that was betrayed, and is afraid of being betrayed again - hence it will be difficult for him to trust again. But the player can slowly gain his trust and help him overcome the trauma of betrayal and achieve a semblance of happiness. It will be a bittersweet ending for him as the player partners him and dogfight against nearly impossible odds against his old Commander who betrayed him and cast him aside. We've also approached several leading actors to lend their voices to the role, some names include Robert Pattinson and Brad Pitt.

A young woman bound by rules and laws, only to meet the player who is seemingly uncaring of such restrictive boundaries and culture - this confused her greatly for it invokes a previously unknown emotions within her. It's up to the player to magnetize himself and continue her growing attraction, eventually she will understand that Love can transcend even oath and laws - a bond so powerful that evolves from a simple master and apprentice into something more... deep. We've taken the liberty of twitting the circles of sci-fi actresses and realize we will not settle for anything less than Natalie Portman or Sandra Bullock.

A man who is easily caught up in passion and emotions that he cannot seem to make up his mind, his abrasive nature can be a turn off to many ladies/man but a few players can see beneath his facade. Did we say he is bi? He is simply searching for someone that can accept him the way he is. He also has a soft spot for kittens and dabble in slightly questionable activity that is widely seen in a bad light by the authorities. Beware, inflexible players may lose his affection and lose him.. permanently. We can't think of anyone else but Hugh Grant for this role, either that or perhaps Sean Connery can come out of retirement and lend his voice. We can only hope.

A woman who believes in her own strength and unwilling to rely on another man. Female players will have an easier time approaching her. Yes, that's right, we made her bi. Depending on the player's action, he/she can prove to this personality that it is okay to rely on others and growing attachments can inspire one to greater strengths and not simply an act of weakness that she once perceived. For this, we need someone young, independent and wild - no one else can beat Miley Cirus. We look forward to seeing a lot of player enjoying the interaction with a digitalized version of the idol they know so well and love.

Jennifer is also bringing in a new gameplay feature to the table. If we fail to hit the $32,000,000 mark, we will implement her idea to fixing broken combat and tedium - The Fast Forward button. Yes, obviously this will be quite a touchy topic between hardcore PVPers but let me remind you that it is a consensual thing. Let me explain: if a fast ship fights a slow ship and assume both pilots are of equal skill, it's obvious who's gonna win right? Fast Forward will obviously solve a lot of tedium like, the fast pilot having to dodge turret fire to get his loot. Or the slow cargo ship awaiting to be blown up. So Hepler's solution would be to put in a Consensual Fast Forward feature where opposing players would agree for an encounter to be fast forwarded so it'll save the server bandwidth and their effort as well.

We understand that this seems controversial: so vote with your wallets. If you don't want it implemented, help us reach the 32 million mark.
You know what happens if you don't.  
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:41:24 AM by rk47 »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: November 21, 2013, 03:14:30 AM

This is amazing, and since all Roberts is selling right now is dreams, I would love for it to be implemented as the next stretch goal in Star Citizen. Space Romance, hell yeah. After all, what are those big ships for if not galactic cuddle puddles? In fact, I hope the next ship up for sale will be some honeymoon cruiser with a king size bed. Also available in the Polyamorous, Asexual, Tribal and BDSM variants.

And more importantly, will the "Relationship module" use the CryTek engine too? I'm a little worried about this...

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #743 on: November 21, 2013, 07:38:35 AM

No pod racing? I would prefer that. Think of the e-sports league potential.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: November 21, 2013, 07:40:48 AM

No pod racing? I would prefer that. Think of the e-sports league potential.

Blood bowl. In spaaaaaceeeeeeeee.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #745 on: November 21, 2013, 07:47:50 AM

If this were a space dating sim I'd be much more inclined to contribute.  awesome, for real
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: November 21, 2013, 08:13:54 AM

I think the mech / tank is a better platform for a dating SIM.

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: November 21, 2013, 09:58:54 AM

It's not you. It's like watching a Ponzi scheme in real time.

That is what I'm going to use to describe Star Citizen from now on if anyone asks me about it or brings it up.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #748 on: November 21, 2013, 10:05:20 AM

Sure, do that.  You're just not getting in on the ground floor and that'll cost you in the long run.  See, if you buy these space ships now, you can turn around and sell them for more later.  The Behemoth may cost you $75 right now, but imagine when you can sell it for 3 million space bucks and fully outfit another, classier ship.   Better yet, you can recruit people into your Star Citizen Squadron.  For each person you recruit, Star Citizen will provide you with free hangar updates and access to exclusive sales.  You want that Space Donger 5000? Well, it's only available to people with 10 people in their squadron, so start expanding your network.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #749 on: November 21, 2013, 10:07:14 AM

Honestly, I am really surprised Schild hasn't locked this thread yet.

Working off his Hex karma.

I'm confused. Did Hex suck or something?

WayAbvPar

Reply #750 on: November 21, 2013, 10:15:09 AM

Honestly, I am really surprised Schild hasn't locked this thread yet.

Working off his Hex karma.

I'm confused. Did Hex suck or something?

It has gone from cool idea to actual buggy alpha. Should still be just fine, it is just the sausage making stage. Which is miles beyond SC even now.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #751 on: November 21, 2013, 10:31:40 AM

We can still make fun of that too, though? Right?

I do enjoy Schild informing us how he can still flip his accounts.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #752 on: November 21, 2013, 10:40:37 AM

Make fun all you want, but it is an actual game rather than a series of screenshots and dollar signs. Huge patch just hit a few minutes ago that gives me hope they are getting it. I think they were overwhelmed trying to fulfill their promise of getting all the backers into the alpha, and actually solving some of other issues took a back seat to that. Now that everyone who is entitled to alpha access has it they can go back to quicker iterations (I hope).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #753 on: November 21, 2013, 11:07:06 AM

It has gone from cool idea to actual buggy alpha. Should still be just fine, it is just the sausage making stage. Which is miles beyond SC even now.
I'll put the SC hanger module's stability up against the current state of HEX anyday.

You guys realize we have been able to download, patch, login, walk around, walk inside and change the fittings on all our internet spaceships for months now right?  The files are unencypted cryengine modules so people can even do their own tweaks and mods.

Be sure to change these to at least 720p:

In game Constellation (Large multiplayer multirole ship).  The hovering/flying is modded.
Constellation interior.

In game Freelancer (Business/hauler) and Aurora (Starter ship).

In game Merlin (Tiny snub fighter that launches out of the Constellation).  The planet it is on was modded in by the video's maker.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #754 on: November 21, 2013, 11:09:06 AM

You guys realize we have been able to download, patch, login, walk around, walk inside and change the fittings on all our internet spaceships for months now right?

I'm not sure if this is intentionally hilarious or unintentionally really hilarious.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #755 on: November 21, 2013, 11:10:56 AM

Hopefully both.  The Modded parts were the cream.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #756 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:22 AM

I'm not sure if this is intentionally hilarious or unintentionally really hilarious.
I'm comparing it to HEX, not fully released games.  And some people do seem to be under the impression that zero work or effort has been made on the game yet.
Hopefully both.  The Modded parts were the cream.
The modded parts were a guy changing a few lines in xml files, I'm sure someone who is actually making the game can do that too.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: November 21, 2013, 11:13:29 AM

I'm sure they can.

I can also make my own coffee.  I tend not to pay Costa hundreds of pounds so that I can do that.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #758 on: November 21, 2013, 11:33:40 AM

I'm not locking this thread until the next donation drive. Wherein I expect everyone who put money into Star Citizen to at least match that in donations.

Then I'll decide what to do with this insane bullshit.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #759 on: November 21, 2013, 11:47:50 AM

Chris Roberts Moneyhat pics seem appropriate at some point.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: November 21, 2013, 11:54:40 AM

You guys realize we have been able to download, patch, login, walk around, walk inside and change the fittings on all our internet spaceships for months now right?  The files are unencypted cryengine modules so people can even do their own tweaks and mods.

The amount of work on display in the hangar module is something a good mod team could put together in a couple weeks. (Minus maybe the detailing on the models) It's a room made in CryEngine.

It's like 0.05% of a game.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: November 21, 2013, 12:04:00 PM

Can you add decals & paint patterns to those hanger ships or is that part of a later donation drive?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #762 on: November 21, 2013, 12:19:36 PM

Can you add decals & paint patterns to those hanger ships or is that part of a later donation drive?

Cosmetic upgrades are part of the in-game item shop.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: November 21, 2013, 12:20:08 PM

I'd just like to note. Its not the people actually interested in this game, who are shitting up the thread.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #764 on: November 21, 2013, 12:23:04 PM

Is this a thread?  I thought it was a Kickstarter RSS feed or something.

WayAbvPar

Reply #765 on: November 21, 2013, 12:23:47 PM

Because this isn't a game, it is a cult designed to separate people from their cash.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: November 21, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

It's a game that's in development like any other game that uses crowed funding. This one, even had game play footage and more shown before the crowed funding even started. Unlike many Crowed funded game projects, that typically only have concept art at best.

Why this thread is allowed to be openly trolled, I have no idea. By mods even.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #767 on: November 21, 2013, 12:39:10 PM

crowed funding

schild
Administrator

Reply #768 on: November 21, 2013, 12:41:45 PM

1. Chris Roberts
2. Space bullshit
3. Not actually a game
4. The amount of money spent is worthy of ridicule.
5. There will be no return on investment here. It's the actual definition of "throwing money in a fire."
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: November 21, 2013, 12:46:09 PM

1. Chris Roberts
2. Space bullshit
3. Not actually a game
4. The amount of money spent is worthy of ridicule.
5. There will be no return on investment here. It's the actual definition of "throwing money in a fire."

All your opinion. Much of that can be applied to any crowed funded game. Time will tell how it turns out.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 121 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Chris Roberts Back in your wallet - STAR CITIZEN  
Jump to: