Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:42:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Wars 2 Status by ANet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Status by ANet  (Read 84546 times)
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: November 09, 2012, 09:21:00 AM

What's really fucking awesome is when you get into a WvW zone after being queued for 30 minutes, take 3 steps, and get the REBOOT IN 3 MINUTES message. It's fucking stupid.

Depends. That message can be buckets of awesome if you wanted into WvW and were sitting in queue or wanted to get to EB instead of one of the BLs. Just logout and patch right away, get back in and more often than not, get right to where you wanted to be in the first place.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #176 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:22 AM

Or it could hit when you just built a bunch of expensive golems and are heading up the hill to take a big keep. The "convenience" that it occasionally has is in no way an acceptable tradeoff.

At least it is only an occasional stupid pile of shit instead of doing it multiple times per night like it used to be.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Genev
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: November 11, 2012, 07:51:44 AM

3 hours in a dungeon, that's what we thought too....
We got a nice 3hour warning while finally doing Arah, happy us, plenty of time... and then we get kicked out of the game one by one, people coming back in cant join the others in the dungeon because of the different build, and the gate closed so we couldn't restart a new one.
At least the Arah event wasnt bugged and we managed to do it. All the way from the beginning of the zone.....
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: November 16, 2012, 04:46:52 PM

I like putting updates in this thread, so apologies if this was already posted in the Lost Shores one.

Game Update

Many nerfs, some buffs. Disappointed they broke the Plinx run in CS, but ah well.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: November 16, 2012, 05:35:38 PM

They nerfed one of the few viable alternatives to thieves d/d into the ground, wtf?

I am the .00000001428%
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: November 16, 2012, 05:50:09 PM

The gnashing of teeth over the Ele Evasive Arcana trait is comical smiley
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: November 16, 2012, 06:11:10 PM

New female Norn greatsword animations... I like. I might have been nefted, but I look *good* while doing it.

Also the jarring thunk as the game moves from levelling (ding 80!) to gear farming (how much karma per piece!?!?) was impressive. But I do like the level bar keeps ticking over so I can see the numbers.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: November 16, 2012, 06:53:56 PM

You get a skill point per every ding after 80.  The karma grind is actually easier now than it used to be, honestly, since you get karma pots from alot of sources other than just straight grinding now.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: November 16, 2012, 07:19:23 PM

Ah, didn't know that, thanks!  Saw some items at the new merchant that cost skill points, guess that's why you keep dinging.  Clever girl.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:06 PM

Yeah, there were always items that cost skill points, from the vendor right next to the mystic forge.  Legendary weapons end up costing something like 140 some skill points, on top of everything else.

edit:  I'm apparently a font of bad information today, what he said vv
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:49:21 PM by Ard »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #185 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:17 PM

~350 skill points on average, actually.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: November 17, 2012, 03:33:25 AM

Now that I'm level 80 I started looking at the higher level armor and decided most of it looks ridiculous. The lower level armors looked like functional armor with a unified design. A lot of the higher rarity heavy armor looks like cosplay gear or an exercise in designer indulgence. So I'll probably be transmuting something quite plain over the top of the exotic armor. Of course that sort of knocks the foundation out of the "grind for cosmetic" idea. Especially because I'm not unlocking costume pieces but bank and bag stuffing actual items.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:32 AM

Now that I'm level 80 I started looking at the higher level armor and decided most of it looks ridiculous. The lower level armors looked like functional armor with a unified design. A lot of the higher rarity heavy armor looks like cosplay gear or an exercise in designer indulgence. So I'll probably be transmuting something quite plain over the top of the exotic armor. Of course that sort of knocks the foundation out of the "grind for cosmetic" idea. Especially because I'm not unlocking costume pieces but bank and bag stuffing actual items.

Ya I looked at all the dungeon sets and ended up using a skin from a quest reward coat. I kind of like the TA medium on my sylvari ranger but the group I was running TA with disintegrated :(
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: November 17, 2012, 05:54:22 AM

I just transmute everything to the HOM skins anyway.  awesome, for real

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 17, 2012, 06:02:55 AM

Yea, the level of effort for Legendaries isn't worth the reward to me. That was one reason I actually liked the Ascended gear idea. As long as they add more DEs, zones and events to get gear, I'm ok with this being WoW'd. Because I think it's a better WoW than WoW is.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Wars 2 Status by ANet  
Jump to: