Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Wars 2 Status by ANet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Status by ANet  (Read 84503 times)
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:44 AM

It was always a low chance of a bonus item.  You've just been unlucky.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: November 02, 2012, 10:30:00 AM

Yeah, I got Black Lion Salvage kits last night for doing my daily.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #142 on: November 02, 2012, 01:58:59 PM

I just got a forge stone with my daily last night, yeah. On top of the karma potion and coin. The extra stuff has always been very rare.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: November 02, 2012, 04:16:34 PM

Update notes include being able to get the Mad King Thorn achievement in Lion's Arch now until 11/15 because of the East Coast Hurricane. And more notes:

Holiday

Halloween has come and gone. You put Mad King Thorn back in his place with as much skill and enthusiasm as we’d hoped. We on the Halloween Team would like to thank you for participating with such gusto. It did our hearts good to know so many of you were enjoying the pumpkins of our labors (so to speak). Thank you!

Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy has made these past few days very hard for some of our players on the east coast of the United States. We would like to extend our condolences to all those affected by the storm. We recognize that because of power failures and the general situation, many players have been unable to meet Mad King Thorn in Lion’s Arch. One of the fake Mad King Thorn actors has decided to stick around until 11/15 to ensure that those who couldn’t play due to the storms still receive the “Attend the Party” achievement. If you missed the final event, you will be able to speak to him at the Grand Piazza in Lion’s Arch and receive both your achievement and a Halloween hat.

The Mad King is gone, and he has taken his chest with him. The Mad King Chest can no longer be created.

Paid SPvP Tournaments
In addition to free sPvP tournaments, you can now play in paid sPvP tournaments! You can join them by going to the Heart of the Mists (using the crossed-swords icon in your quick-launch icons) and speak to the Tournament Master. You will need Tournament Tickets to play, which you can get through reward chests or the Gem Store! To see more info on the rewards for paid tournaments, look here.

WvW
Closed a number of exploits that inappropriately allowed access to keeps.
Orbs of power have been removed from WvW to address hacking and balance issues. They tended to strengthen teams already in the lead and were irresistible targets for hackers and cheaters, both of which could have an unfortunately large impact on any given WvW game. Orbs or some similar mechanic may return in the future, but only if we’re confident that they won’t create similar issues.

Personal Story
“The Battle of Fort Trinity”—Fixed a bug that could prevent progress on the “Defend the gate” objective.

Dungeons
Sorrow’s Embrace

Fergg’s Chain: The Grenadiers found a way back into the ranks. We have now adjusted their numbers to match. Waves have been adjusted to have a more reasonable spawn time.

Caudecus’s Manor
Story Chain: Fixed an issue that could prevent Separatist guards from spawning properly.

Reminder
On October 22nd, we added new minidungeons, jumping puzzles, and events to several areas.

Mount Maelstrom—A jumping puzzle has been added.
Fireheart Rise—A minidungeon has been added.
Dredgehaunt Cliffs—A minidungeon has been added.
Various Maps—Modus Sceleris events now appear in several maps.
There is a skritt burglar on the loose in Tyria! Adventurers that encounter this thieving rodent are encouraged to confiscate whatever loot they can shake out of her.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: November 03, 2012, 06:29:08 AM

Here is a page showing previews of whats in store for the lost shores update.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: November 03, 2012, 06:39:33 AM

Jeez, for all that I play this, I'm ashamed of not picking up on any of that except the posters only some players can see (and that only because some folks were trying to convince some other player in /map that they had a graphics problem  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?)
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: November 03, 2012, 09:03:29 AM

There is one of the posters outside the bank in LA that I can see. I assumed it was for the upcoming event but I never would have guessed not everyone could see it.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: November 03, 2012, 12:54:29 PM

Posters that not everyone can see don't make a whole lot of sense.

I am the .00000001428%
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: November 03, 2012, 01:46:16 PM

Might be a glitch, or it might be some type of experiment. It looks like it's generated a bunch of interest in some parts of the community, so at least in that it was maybe a successful A/B test or something.

Glad they used New Krytan for the language. One of the easier ones to translate consistently.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #149 on: November 04, 2012, 10:10:21 PM

...oh ffs. it's just sloppy work on their part.
This and a guildmate got banned for botting when he hardly plays at all.

The best part is the CS took 3 days to respond and the first response when he denied botting was 'you were selling gold'
Fucking losers cant even get their charges straight.
By the time they reinstated the account, the halloween event was over and no compensation was given.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: November 05, 2012, 12:06:07 AM

...oh ffs. it's just sloppy work on their part.
This and a guildmate got banned for botting when he hardly plays at all.

The best part is the CS took 3 days to respond and the first response when he denied botting was 'you were selling gold'
Fucking losers cant even get their charges straight.
By the time they reinstated the account, the halloween event was over and no compensation was given.

Compensation? For a game with no monthly fee? Want a  free month?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:19:50 AM by Phred »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #151 on: November 05, 2012, 01:55:16 AM

Yeah, I guess missing an event didn't count as anything.
Fuck you very much.  awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: November 05, 2012, 04:57:45 AM

He probably WAS botting and selling gold, well not him but the account.

I am the .00000001428%
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: November 06, 2012, 05:11:51 AM

For the first time EVER in an MMO I had someone try to hack my account (they had my email and password) but I put a source country restriction on it so they couldn't access it (and GW2 sent me an email requesting verification from Nanking).  Still, kind of sobering.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: November 06, 2012, 03:32:16 PM

Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: November 06, 2012, 11:23:22 PM

I liked the new old drop rate!
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: November 07, 2012, 06:28:59 AM

I was getting more Unidentified Dyes before Nov. 1st. Like, 3-5 a play session. I think I've gotten 3 total since the end of Halloween. So this change, it no make sense.  swamp poop

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: November 07, 2012, 07:42:43 AM

No, they were obviously dropping a ton more.  The price on the trader dropped by about a third.

I am the .00000001428%
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: November 07, 2012, 11:37:57 AM

Yeah I was getting assloads of them. It was nice.  Heartbreak

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #159 on: November 07, 2012, 11:52:13 AM

For the first time EVER in an MMO I had someone try to hack my account (they had my email and password) but I put a source country restriction on it so they couldn't access it (and GW2 sent me an email requesting verification from Nanking).  Still, kind of sobering.

Same here!

God Save the Horn Players
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: November 07, 2012, 04:26:03 PM

Today's patch: Raw candy corn nodes will no longer periodically appear in game.

Why are they pushing out micro patches for such inconsequential things? Oh noes, too many unidentified dyes like that was a huge segment of the economy?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: November 07, 2012, 05:40:03 PM

Because they can! Seriously, their patching system is derived from that slick, real time, no downtime thing they had going on in 1. In closed beta, they were pushing no shit 30-40 builds a DAY. Fucking fix it, QA it, push it out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: November 07, 2012, 05:41:51 PM

Because they can! Seriously, their patching system is derived from that slick, real time, no downtime thing they had going on in 1. In closed beta, they were pushing no shit 30-40 builds a DAY. Fucking fix it, QA it, push it out.

In 1 it didn't force me off to reboot my client right in the middle of doing something. 1 was slick. This method on the other hand kind of sucks.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: November 07, 2012, 05:49:26 PM

GW1 patcher was pretty amazing.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: November 08, 2012, 02:44:18 AM

Ya I was getting tons but still never found an abyss :(
Anyone notices before this dye drops seemed to be better at low levels? It seemed every time I started playing a new alt my dye drops were really high for the first few days.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: November 08, 2012, 05:48:41 AM

GW1 wasn't an MMO. My guess is it's easier to have a client download a patch and apply it the next time someone zones than it is to apply it to people in the same zone while they're in it.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: November 08, 2012, 06:31:55 AM

Yeah.  With the heavy instancing in GW1 it was a lot easier.  Even in hub cities you could have people in pre- and post- patch since they had a districting scheme.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #167 on: November 08, 2012, 06:35:35 AM

No, it's much more fun to be booted in the middle of a long DE chain.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: November 08, 2012, 10:53:32 AM

GW1 wasn't an MMO. My guess is it's easier to have a client download a patch and apply it the next time someone zones than it is to apply it to people in the same zone while they're in it.

Then they should have switched to scheduled patches.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #169 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:13 AM

What is the the middle of something? If you are in dungeon the timer is like 3 hours.

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: November 08, 2012, 11:02:01 AM

What is the the middle of something? If you are in dungeon the timer is like 3 hours.

No, it's much more fun to be booted in the middle of a long DE chain.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #171 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:43 PM

The last one I remember was in the DE chain of Harathi? - the centaur lands that culminates with a multi-stage boss fight, with the whirlwinds and stuff.

During the boss part.

Luckily, the chest is bugged so it spawns at the start of the fight undecided
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: November 08, 2012, 12:21:05 PM

What's really fucking awesome is when you get into a WvW zone after being queued for 30 minutes, take 3 steps, and get the REBOOT IN 3 MINUTES message. It's fucking stupid.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: November 08, 2012, 01:19:22 PM

Man, that's twice I've seen Ingmar show actual rage towards a video game.

First they move his buttons around, now this!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #174 on: November 08, 2012, 02:47:08 PM

I think you are snowflaking here. Sure the timer in world PvE could be longer. But I really like that they can push updates so frequently and quickly.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Guild Wars 2 Status by ANet  
Jump to: