Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simple Questions Thread  (Read 194474 times)
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: October 21, 2013, 10:06:25 AM

Well the animations are slower since you are much bigger and it makes you feel very very slow.  Also every race has the same exact hit box, that of a human, so doing jumping puzzles with a Charr or Norm is a lot harder because your body is not actually completely solid so you miss jumps that you saw as landing.  The asura are the complete opposite, you land jumps that look like you completely missed.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #491 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:38 PM

Most of my characters are huge ass Norns, except for my Necro who is a tiny human female and she is the one I take into pretty much every jump puzzle.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: October 21, 2013, 12:51:25 PM

My main is a max-size Charr male and now I seem to only be able to do jumping puzzles with him. Mind you, I nearly threw my monitor out the window until I get used to it. I miss things on my Asura and human that I would have got on my Charr

On the flip side I hate taking my ranger - store pet, take damage pet pops out and then proceeds to get in your line of sight.

Or it jumps to the point you are aiming at and laughs when you miss it.

Damn pets.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: June 09, 2014, 05:25:07 AM

I have a simple question: are there any pugs running dungeons in this game anymore? I've tried a couple of times with my 30something dude to run the Ascalon catacombs, but it's been all crazy people or someone selling (!) runs.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: June 09, 2014, 06:45:03 AM

Ever since they revamped the dungeons and made them harder, I know my regular group quit trying.  But then most of us have quit logging into the game at all.

I imagine all that are left wanting to try are the super-hardcore.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: June 10, 2014, 02:43:08 AM

They made the dungeons HARDER?  ACK!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #496 on: June 10, 2014, 05:57:34 AM

Oh wow, that explains things. It's like they chose stagnation through pandering exclusively to the hardcore.

fake edit: I mean seriously, players selling dungeon clears?  swamp poop
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: June 10, 2014, 07:51:43 AM

To be fair, players have been selling raid/dungeon/etc runs since WOW vanilla (probably even earlier than that).

That said -- dungeons aren't GW2's strongest point, and that's putting it mildly. The living story dungeons (fire cave thing, aetherblade retreat) were decent, but almost everything else is blah.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: June 10, 2014, 02:34:21 PM

The weak classes also make the dungeons dull. The mobs have a lot of HP and the combat has little tactical variation and party synergy so it becomes repetitive.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #499 on: June 10, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

But getting rid of the trinity was going to make the game so much more exciting and involving!

why so serious?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: June 10, 2014, 06:25:50 PM

It's perfectly fine for open-world stuff.  GW2 still has several great classes that I found fun.  It just doesn't work so well against bosses that are more or less tank-and-spank without the 'tank'.  I can't recall a single interesting boss fight with the exception of the skulk rush in Ascalon Catacombs (and that one could be seriously painful).

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #501 on: June 10, 2014, 07:40:08 PM

My understanding is that the sales of runs is tied to legendary weapons and power leveling.  Certain legendaries require currency that is dropped as part of the instance's end loot.  A vast amount of this is needed.  As for power leveling, I believe you can receive a large amount of experience if you join an instance underleveled and just stand around for the last kill. 

The instances are not popular and anyone who does them wants them done fast. So, you're forced into certain classes with certain builds or people aren't going to want you around.  You need friends that also want to do this content or you just won't get it done.  The pug scene is not healthy.  So, there's your market. 

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:28 PM

You need 500 dungeon tokens for a legendary, each run gives you 66.  It is about the least troublesome part of a legendary, plus it makes you money which need a metric fuck ton off.  People who buy runs do it because they have gold and hate running dungeons like any normal not crazy person but still want the dungeon armor.

I am the .00000001428%
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: June 11, 2014, 07:15:10 AM

You can get about 240 dungeon tokens from completing the sPvP track for that dungeon, too. That's how I have gotten all of mine.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: June 11, 2014, 12:38:36 PM

I PUG AC all the time for whatever its worth. And yeah I bought the end of Arah path 4 becasue fuck that shit. I think that TA and SE are better for pugs though.

Ledgendaries are baslicly ascended weapons with a fancy skin. I'd rather just craft an ascended (or get them from a fractal) with another skin tbh. becasue what you have to do to get them is insane
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:11:40 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #505 on: June 12, 2014, 01:52:08 AM

Which is sort of the point. They're a very visible "catass" badge without actually being mandatory in power terms.

- Simond
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: June 12, 2014, 09:44:10 AM

CATASS+++ DRILLING AND MANLINESS
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:46:18 AM by murdoc »

Rasix

Reply #507 on: June 12, 2014, 09:46:00 AM

The amount that those swords poop on the ground is incredibly annoying.  At least the light poop is less annoying than the dark poop.

That's impressive considering you have twins.  There's usually a skin I'll like that isn't legendary (or super hard to get), so they haven't even been a consideration for me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 09:47:45 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: June 12, 2014, 09:47:52 AM

I find the dark swinging "paintbrush' effect to be way more annoying than the footsteps.

That's impressive considering you have twins.  There's usually a skin I'll like that isn't legendary (or super hard to get), so they haven't even been a consideration for me.

I can't seem to sleep much more than 3 hours a night, so I catass a lot during that time.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: June 12, 2014, 11:49:07 AM

Once you have a good stream of gold coming in you can just start shitting out legendaries, as long as you sell one for each one you keep they almost pay for themselves.

I am the .00000001428%
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: June 13, 2014, 11:49:53 PM

As long as you don't put a value on your time.

But I was fine with legendaries because it provides a goal you can work towards, in a variety of ways, that gives you a reason to keep playing. Same for achievement hunting and I would have hoped they'd add more along these lines. But they've let the idea decay in exchange for cosmetics and achievements tied to events. Which means when the event is not running the goal is locked away,

- Simond
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: June 14, 2014, 01:42:23 AM

As long as you don't put a value on your time.
Time is money, friend!

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: August 05, 2014, 10:13:40 PM

Recently logged back in after two years or so (I quit in the first month).

What happened to the "in town" outfit? I can't find how to access it.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: August 05, 2014, 10:15:51 PM

If you go to some vendor you can have it "upgraded" to the new town system.

As to what vendor I dunno. they are in cities though.

"edit" Quick check of wiki

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothes

Trivia

The town clothing system as described on this page was removed with the April 2014 Feature Pack. Characters created before the feature pack can visit a Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith) to have former town clothing converted into new tonics, toys, and armor skins automatically.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:20:57 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: August 05, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

Oh, thanks. :)

I was quite fond of the old default town outfit for my rogue. I need to figure out how to find it again...

- Henry Cobb
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: August 06, 2014, 09:48:17 AM

All the town clothes get converted into infinite-use tonics.  Of course you can't dye them or mix-and-match.  Things like the four-piece Mad King's outfit are now a single piece.  (I used the wraith hood with it for an awesome effect.  No more.  Also no choosing to dye the individual pieces.)

The armor system with that update was amazing.  The wardrobe system that doesn't use it, however, is stupid.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: August 18, 2014, 12:35:22 AM

I've been blocked in story progress until I join an Order. Brief Googling suggests it's a big decision. (I never got this far last time I played.)

Is it as obvious as mages should always go Priory, rogues Whispers, and Warriors Vigil?

Is there a good one-page summary of the choices? The official wiki is directing me in a dozen different directions at once.

- Henry Cobb
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: August 18, 2014, 02:16:45 AM

The direction you go means nothing because your order means nothing because Treesus completely replaces everything you have done.

Go whispers because Tybalt is awesome as a mentor. The other 2 are good but Tybalt rocks.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: August 18, 2014, 04:22:20 AM

The difference your order makes is not much once you go into the generic story later on. You get to do an order specific storyline for a few missions, then a race specific research mission with the mentor from your order after that, and later on you do an order specific defense mission. Later on you can buy your order specific weapons and experiment which had unique skins and are Rare quality. That's essentially it.

If you are running more than one character you can do all 3 orders. But basically go for the one that appeals to you for now. And no its not "Warriors - order etc" you can join whichever one you want.

I'm kind of partial to the Order mentor myself, but yeah Tybalt is great too.

*edit* oh yeah there's one or two areas in their headquarters that are order exclusive but none of them are very interesting and you probably wont visit them again.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:45:22 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #519 on: August 18, 2014, 10:40:37 AM

I would just look up the Order-specific armor skins and see if there are any of those you like for your character. If not just pick whatever.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #520 on: August 18, 2014, 11:07:59 AM

I would just look up the Order-specific armor skins and see if there are any of those you like for your character. If not just pick whatever.

This was my highly scientific way of choosing.

Also the story gets way less interesting once you finish joining an order, just to warn you. The joining process can be fun, though.

God Save the Horn Players
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: August 19, 2014, 12:15:30 AM

Thanks for the advice, guys. :)

- Henry Cobb
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: August 19, 2014, 07:55:53 AM

If I remember correctly the personal story line requires a dungeon run for completion.  Between that and the way the story goes down hill after you join an order I haven't gotten around to completing it nor felt much interest in doing so.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: August 19, 2014, 09:22:39 AM

The dungeon is the very end event of the personal story.

Rasix

Reply #524 on: August 19, 2014, 10:02:34 AM

You'd have better luck getting people's credit card and social security numbers than getting them to do Arah story mode.

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread  
Jump to: