Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Simple Questions Thread  (Read 198110 times)
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: January 02, 2013, 05:05:55 AM

I posted somewhere on here sometime in October my experience with Mesmer. It was my second toon I got to 80(I now have four 80's-Thief, Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian) and PvPing on it was a joke.  Ok, here was what I posted and this stands true today:

"Ive been doing a lot of PvP and have made a conclusion.  Mesmer kicks everyones ass, period.  After playing Spvp mostly on my Thief and a number of other classes I rolled Mesmer.  Within 2 hours of not knowing wtf I was doing really I was ...and I shit you not...raping people.  I just specd max crit, max power...didnt change any gear, found which abilities make illusions I can explode and went crazy batshit on not just solo players but groups of them.  My best was killing 3 players at one contested point...again I shit you not...after less then 2 hours played this was what I was capable of on Mesmer."
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #421 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:52 AM

Anyone have a good link or able to explain portal bombing into keeps?  I get portals and portal bombs themselves, but there is a non-exploitive (afaik) way to get into some of the keeps.  Been looking for info on this before I bring my mesmer back into wvw.   All of the vids on YouTube are "awesome portal bomb" demos that are more about the end result than the process.

Also, lol @ the forum titles  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: January 02, 2013, 10:50:36 AM

The legit non exploitative way of getting into a keep is hiding inside one while the enemy captures it.  That's it as far as i know.  We usually do mesmer sweeps after taking a keep.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #423 on: January 02, 2013, 11:29:58 AM

The legit non exploitative way of getting into a keep is hiding inside one while the enemy captures it.  That's it as far as i know.  We usually do mesmer sweeps after taking a keep.

Aaaah.  I've heard people say "check for mesmers" after captures.  Thanks.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: January 06, 2013, 08:51:29 AM

I made a necro on the f13 server. How do I connect with the f13 people - assuming any of them are still playing?

I would have rolled on Jade Quarry but it was full.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #425 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:36 AM

What is your Name.Number?  Any one of us can invite you if we have that.

If you really want JQ, keep trying to transfer.  You should be able to eventually get it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #426 on: January 06, 2013, 02:19:28 PM

I want to play where active people are playing.

Xanthippe.9538
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #427 on: January 06, 2013, 04:42:51 PM

You know this is f13, months after release of a game, right? Grin

I sent you and invite.  Once you accept, make sure you click "Represent" on all your characters to make BC active on them.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #428 on: January 06, 2013, 10:10:24 PM

What? no guesting yet? evil

"Me am play gods"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: January 07, 2013, 06:13:56 AM

You know this is f13, months after release of a game, right? Grin

Yes. That's why I first looked to see where you (in particular) were playing, since your posts are the ones that enticed me into wanting this game. (Explorer crack, I think you called it, and you called it right). But Jade Quarry is full.

I sent you and invite.  Once you accept, make sure you click "Represent" on all your characters to make BC active on them.

Thank you. How could you invite me? I thought you play on Jade Quarry? Can you be in a guild across servers?
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: January 07, 2013, 07:18:29 AM

Thank you. How could you invite me? I thought you play on Jade Quarry? Can you be in a guild across servers?

I'll answer that: Yes you can. You can also belong to multiple guilds at the same time. You just only represent one at a time and whatever guild that is gets whatever bonuses from you doing stuff.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: January 07, 2013, 07:48:16 AM

Unfortunately, that guild only gets bonuses on that server, too.

For example, I'm in BAT, SLAP, and Star.  As I'm almost always representing Star, my points go to Star on Jade Quarry.  I can switch to the others to use their guild chat across servers, but any influence only goes to them on Jade Quarry.  BAT regulars are mostly on other servers, so it's barely acquired enough points to get a guild stash on JQ.  BAT on Gates of Madness probably has a much better pool of resources.

It actually is possible to meet up in overflow instances despite being on different servers.  This is mainly useful for dungeons at the moment.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: January 07, 2013, 01:37:00 PM

Unfortunately, that guild only gets bonuses on that server, too.

Ah. Didn't realize that. Thanks.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #433 on: January 07, 2013, 06:09:16 PM

Well, that explains why guild chat is so quiet! Hahaha.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: January 08, 2013, 04:43:55 AM

To me, the whole appeal of multiple guilds was the ability to chat with all of them at once. Without that, there's not really a whole lot of point.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #435 on: January 08, 2013, 01:11:53 PM

Yeah, it's my biggest gripe.  Let me choose to be in multiple guild chats if I want.  Yes, making some kind of alias system requires a bit of work, but /g1 /g2 /g3 isn't that hard if I want it.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:33 PM

Yeah, it's my biggest gripe.  Let me choose to be in multiple guild chats if I want.  Yes, making some kind of alias system requires a bit of work, but /g1 /g2 /g3 isn't that hard if I want it.

Absolutely agreed. I only belong to two guilds, but this would be extremely useful even to me.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #437 on: January 09, 2013, 09:29:06 AM

Ya, defeats half the purpose of multi-guilds by only having one guild chat. Lack of guesting defeats the other half.

EDIT: Not sharing guild influence across servers defeats another half. Classic example of a great idea with no follow through.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:10:06 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #438 on: January 09, 2013, 01:23:59 PM

What is "culling"? I see reference to it in the WvW forum.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: January 09, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Culling refers to a method of selectively drawing objects in a 3d environment. This is done to reduce the polygon count to a manageable level when large crowds of player models are onscreen at once. With GW2 it's a bit buggy and pllayers can be on your screeen but invisible because the game is slow to tell the player's computer to render the closer players or npc's.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: January 09, 2013, 01:55:06 PM

What is "culling"? I see reference to it in the WvW forum.

all those "polos" are players that haven't been drawn due to culling. Luckily it's not that bad anymore but the number or players drawn is still pretty limited
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: January 09, 2013, 02:12:08 PM

Culling refers to a method of selectively drawing objects in a 3d environment. This is done to reduce the polygon count to a manageable level when large crowds of player models are onscreen at once. With GW2 it's a bit buggy and pllayers can be on your screeen but invisible because the game is slow to tell the player's computer to render the closer players or npc's.

It is specially problematic with regards to thieves, who pop in and out of stealth often making them invisible the entire time as their shitty culling can't keep up with them appearing and disappearing over and over.

I am the .00000001428%
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: January 09, 2013, 04:23:45 PM

Is it worthwhile to completely gimp my defense stats to go full MF gear or will I notice a difference in drops going partway? I currently run around in mostly Cleric gear on my Guardian, and I'm a little wary of making every piece MF because I'll end up with almost no defense stats. If I use 5/6 Pirate + 1/6 Traveler and keep omnomberry buffs up, that should put me at like 80% or 90% MF. Is that going to be enough? Will the additional 50-ish percent MF I get from using Explorer weapons/armor/jewelry make that much of a difference? How much MF is "enough" ?

Edit: Realized I should clarify that my intended plan is to run around level 70+ zones killing things and participating in dynamic events.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:36:35 PM by Ivanneth »
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #443 on: January 09, 2013, 07:45:09 PM

Is it worthwhile to completely gimp my defense stats to go full MF gear or will I notice a difference in drops going partway?

I don't know about the full vs partway issue but I know mf appearantly is the most noticable on fine crafting drops. I've heard from people who did a mf set to farm for powerful blood and they report an almost doubling of the drop rate. I never got around to doing a MF set myself so it's all second hand info.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: January 10, 2013, 12:02:47 AM

Is it worthwhile to completely gimp my defense stats to go full MF gear or will I notice a difference in drops going partway? I currently run around in mostly Cleric gear on my Guardian, and I'm a little wary of making every piece MF because I'll end up with almost no defense stats. If I use 5/6 Pirate + 1/6 Traveler and keep omnomberry buffs up, that should put me at like 80% or 90% MF. Is that going to be enough? Will the additional 50-ish percent MF I get from using Explorer weapons/armor/jewelry make that much of a difference? How much MF is "enough" ?

Edit: Realized I should clarify that my intended plan is to run around level 70+ zones killing things and participating in dynamic events.

MF helps and if you run dynamic events in a large group you won't really need any defensive stats as it's more about actually getting enough hits on the mobs to be eligible for loot before they die  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ivanneth
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: January 10, 2013, 10:12:30 AM

Thanks for the responses!

I didn't realize that MF had an effect on crafting drops, that makes MF gear even more appealing. As for running around in groups - currently I'm making my way through Malachor's Leap and other people are few and far between for the most part. I suspect that will change once I make my way into Orr. I think what I'll do is get a MF set ready and once I run into a big group of people doing events I'll use it. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: January 10, 2013, 10:49:07 AM

Even solo, you can survive in a MF set.  I tend to make a level 80 rare set for each character that's Explorer's (one with runes of the Pirate/Travellers), then as I get exotics start swapping pieces out for my dungeon set.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #447 on: January 10, 2013, 12:26:50 PM

I didn't realize that MF had an effect on crafting drops, that makes MF gear even more appealing. As for running around in groups - currently I'm making my way through Malachor's Leap and other people are few and far between for the most part. I suspect that will change once I make my way into Orr. I think what I'll do is get a MF set ready and once I run into a big group of people doing events I'll use it. 

I feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm not wearing full MF gear, i hate the shit out of that stat.  Even in WvWvW it has a noticeable effect, hell the outmanned buff they give you when your side has low pop has 30% MF.

I am the .00000001428%
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: January 19, 2013, 08:36:09 AM

How do I talk in red on the wvw map? When I use /map it's orangey red and everyone else is red.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: January 19, 2013, 08:47:12 AM

How do I talk in red on the wvw map? When I use /map it's orangey red and everyone else is red.

I think red is /team
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #450 on: January 22, 2013, 02:12:42 PM

I feel like I'm wasting my time when I'm not wearing full MF gear, i hate the shit out of that stat.  Even in WvWvW it has a noticeable effect, hell the outmanned buff they give you when your side has low pop has 30% MF.

In dungeons it's pretty worthless. MF has no effect on chest drops.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #451 on: August 20, 2013, 02:21:50 PM

So, what's the best thing to spend vast amounts of karma on?  Exotic armor from Orr?

Unrelated, what stat combo is going to give me the most bang for my buck with a thief?  I currently run sword/pistol and shortbow.

-Rasix
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: August 20, 2013, 02:40:57 PM

Berserker for thief.  Not sure on karma, besides exotic armor and jewelry.

I am the .00000001428%
Crumbs
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: August 20, 2013, 03:08:40 PM

As my alts have hit 80 my first stop is Eternal Battlegrounds, where I get a full set of rare armor and weapons.  Grab a set depending on the stats you need/want.

Orr exotic armor is cool and you can go for that, but it has always been my second choice as even on a busy server it's a pain to navigate around Orr and find open temples. 

If you have a ton to burn, I say get yourself flush with 80 rare gear in EB and then go from there at your leisure.  Also, for skins, don't sleep on the mid level zones, as there are some amazing looking skins hidden at the heart vendors.   
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: August 20, 2013, 03:26:35 PM

There are websites that track what temples are open on every server, it is trivial to guest into one and buy armor.  The temples get done regularly during the server reset world boss zerg also.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars 2  |  Topic: Simple Questions Thread  
Jump to: