Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 5 All Divisions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 5 All Divisions  (Read 17132 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:46 AM

The league has been advanced in all divisions and now we are at day 5. Get these games done as fast as possible please, especially those of you in Hordes so that we can try and reduce the post-season wait for the other divisions.

Results from Day 4

Tamurkhan and 40k:

Hordes:

Schedule for Day 5

Tamurkhan and 40k:

Hordes:

Rankings after Day 4

Tamurkhan and 40k:

Hordes:

Deadline to get these games played is August 5th and I'm going to get a lot less lenient for overrunning games from now on, if there's no firm plan to play a game posted in the thread before the deadline then I'm going to award 0-0 draws to both coaches.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:31:37 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 11:15:12 AM

Time to get chaotic!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When can you play, Gruntle?  You're on the west coast so this shouldn't be too difficult.  I'm only two hours away.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 12:18:46 PM

Time to get chaotic!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When can you play, Gruntle?  You're on the west coast so this shouldn't be too difficult.  I'm only two hours away.

Whenever you're ready, choose a time. Let's smack some goat head together.

Edit: This Thursday at 17/1900 it is!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 05:24:57 PM by Gruntle »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 01:49:46 PM

drogg, I gather you live on the god foresaken west coast of the US?

If so tomorrow early morning would work well for me, how is 11pm your time tonight? (7am in the UK)

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 02:59:03 PM

drogg, I gather you live on the god foresaken west coast of the US?

If so tomorrow early morning would work well for me, how is 11pm your time tonight? (7am in the UK)

indeed so, i am cursed to eke out a wretched existence in the boulder strewn badlands of san francisco. 11 pm my time tonight is a little iffy but i could probably manage 11 pm tomorrow night; alternately i'm intending to work from home this thursday and can take a work timeout whenever.

AND YOUR PUNY RATS DON'T SCARE DROGG. I'LL TEAR THOSE GUTTER RUNNERS APART
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:21:24 PM

Tomorrow your time I can't do, but Thursday my evening / your afternoon will work fine.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 03:31:08 PM

Tomorrow your time I can't do, but Thursday my evening / your afternoon will work fine.
sounds good! i'll hop on steam when i'm available.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:43 PM

Oh hey, a ST5 Vampire.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 04:30:04 PM

Oh hey, a ST5 Vampire.

Shudder  ACK!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 05:18:27 PM

That's why the gods gave us Dauntless.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 12:02:39 AM

Avaia, I have all week off work. I'm BST (GMT+1), when you want to play?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:02 PM

Hmm, a very good question.  Try again later, as the magic 8 ball once said.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 02:56:21 PM

Hmm, a very good question.  Try again later, as the magic 8 ball once said.

I've messaged you on steam a couple of times, no answer. Suggest a time?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 02:59:39 PM

Steam is tricky with him because 99% of the time it is actually his kids cheating up TF2 achievements.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 04:16:31 PM

Ezrat, when can you play? Haven't seen you on Steam for 2 days.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 03:21:20 PM

Vermin    - 1
Huhnqua - 2

First half the lizards seemed on top, knocking players out left and right. TD turn 8 for the lizards followed by a quick response before the half by Cheddar Persille.

Second half a blitz and a few bad dice, slowed the rats but they anyway pushed for a quick score, which didn't come off. Lizards capture the ball and hold it till a turn 16 TD.

Rats have two linemen out next game and a GR on -1AV. One of the other runners levelled up.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 03:23:47 PM by eldaec »

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 03:32:28 PM

HHB swallows Ermine Vermin whole, 2-1. 5 injuries to the accursed rats, including a -1 AV to the +str + move GR (saved from death by the apoc, damn him).

eldaec's score was a classic one-turner at the bottom of the first half where one gutter runner passes to the other who runs all the way down the field and leaps over the skinks at the end while laughing to himself about how pathetic the enemy team is.  my luck with armor rolls returned with a vengeance after the lean game with comstar and let me bloody the skaven early, which gave me the freedom to position my saurii in all kinds of spoiler spaces just waiting for eldaec's luck to give out.  both of my scores came at the end of halves to minimize the vermin response, which thankfully panned out alright, though there were a few scary GR blitzes to keep me on my toes.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 04:13:21 PM

HO HO HO

NOW I HAVE A STR 5 SAURUS
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 07:17:41 PM

Ruvaldt's Ex-Presidents stomped the Nifty Helmets to the ground and then jumped up and down on them in celebration of their 3-0 victory.
The Helmets, with a wealth of TV difference to spend, choose the always chancy double minotaur offense (by hiring Star Player Darkhoof who got KO'd in the first turn of each half) and then got bashed to pieces by Ruvaldts better-played team (with the lucky part being that there were no permanent injuries or deaths, just a couple MNGs).
We'll let the stats speak for themselves:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 07:45:30 PM by Gruntle »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 08:41:09 PM

Megrim: I still have in-laws in town tomorrow and this weekend, but should be pretty clear after that.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 27, 2012, 12:06:54 AM

Avaia, also have next Monday off if thats any help? Just give me an idea when you might be free and I'll see what i can do.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #21 on: July 27, 2012, 12:17:21 AM

Hi Paelos. Can we play this weekend? It would be good pretty much anytime for me. Or Wednesday but with less flexibilty.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 02:34:55 AM

Lamros I'm avalible whenever. If you seem me on steam poke me and I should be able to get a game going right then.

Hic sunt dracones.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 02:36:48 AM

Ulysees: I'm around most of the weekend (at European times) and if I'm on steam (Satael57) and not set to busy then I'm free to play (same goes for feeder league if someone is interested in a game or two awesome, for real)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 03:27:02 AM

Ok Satael I will add you in steam, busy tonight but think we can probably get our game in over the weekend since I am UK based so BST means we only have an hour or 2 time difference to cope with.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 04:21:36 AM

Finally an opponent that's less that 2 hours off my time zone  why so serious?

Hammy, I'm avail all this weekend. 

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 05:26:36 AM

Good game, Gruntle.  Gruntle was pretty forgiving in his synopsis of the match; two of my touchdowns were from passes which required me to roll a 6, otherwise it would've been a 1-0 game.  With a claw/mb imbalance the Helmets had a pretty high hurdle to overcome from the beginning, and had me pretty well worried/pressured at the end of the first half.

Franklin Pierce scores two TDs and an MVP...I think he has 103 spps now.  I really need to start scoring with other players.  Jimmy Carter leveled, finally.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 05:58:50 AM

Catfud (oh god it's been so long that I can't remember the correct forum name).

COME RECEIVE YOUR WHUPPIN! SNOOSNOO FOR ALL!
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 06:15:06 AM

Catfud is Llyse. From the valleys look you.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 07:05:00 AM

Catfud (oh god it's been so long that I can't remember the correct forum name).

COME RECEIVE YOUR WHUPPIN! SNOOSNOO FOR ALL!

He is in Japan for Fujirock over the weekend. Will probably come back with alcohol poisoning and 37 STDs. He should be ready to play on Monday.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 08:14:33 AM

Finally an opponent that's less that 2 hours off my time zone  why so serious?

Hammy, I'm avail all this weekend. 

I'll try to look for you this weekend, but I don't know if I'll have time for a game. My mother-in-law is still in town until Thursday, so it may have to wait until after that.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 11:03:38 AM

Day 5 brought another defeat (1-2) for the disciples despite the lizard's bad luck with the dice and the great effort by Morg n' Thorg.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 11:51:30 AM

The Minizilla's 2 - Warp Cheese Disciples 1

This match was far from the classic 2-1 grind and more like the 2-1 mad scramble. With a hefty amount of gold for inducements to bridge the TV gap Satael brough Morg and the star player rat ogre and 2 babes. The babes were wasted cash, unfortunately for me I couldn't say the same about the star players who made it hard to bully the rats since my centre was always over matched.

The half started with me losing the toss and Satael elected to receive and the match looked like getting off to a promising start as on only his second block his loner rat ogre rolled both downs attacker down and failed the loner re-roll for a quick turnover but with decent cover I was not able to easily move a marker onto the player with the ball and the common theme for me this half started as I failed my GFI and the subsequent re-roll ending my turn almost as quickly as Satael did.

Satael made a push down my flank and as I had tried to capatalise on the early turn over most of my Saurus' were far up the pitch, and with a score looking likely I had to risk a dodge with my break tackle saurus to move a decent hitting marker onto the ball carrier, he failed the dodge and broke armour to badly hurt himself and remove himself for the rest of the match. I did manage to get 2 markers on the gutter runner with the ball but he easily made the dodge to open the scoring on turn 5.

I receive and setup for my standard sideline cage but blitzing with my new frenzying killer saurus I find that I have a hard time the rest of the match knowing that I can't guarantee where my cage corners are going to end up and allow Satael to put a lot of pressure on my cage and when a blitz to open a corner for me to score came up double skulls things were not looking promising for the 'zillas. Next turn my ball carrier got sacked, however it was Sataels last turn and he had nothing in score range and the ball bounce fell kindly so Satael marked the ball with a couple of rats and on my last turn of the half I blitz one marker away and a skink manages to pick up the ball in a tackle zone and skitter away for a tunr 8 score to tie the match.

Seond half I setup the same and have the same issue with forming my cage which is quickly swamped and I have to switch to a sideline cage, however in 2 turns I have manouvered the ball carrier into scoring range and though a lot of rats are put around the sideline cage that has a skink guard I am able to clear a path and score on turn 10.

With 6 turns to score and my rather inept defence in the first half this is looking promising for Satael to at least get a draw, however Nuffle then decided to turn a little in my favour and I manage to bog the ball carrier down by a sideline by turn 14 and a blitz by my stand firm saurus comes up with a pow after a reroll to spill the ball and with skinks around to swoop in and steal the ball away to secure the win all I need is a kind bounce and instead the stupid lizard catches the damn pigs bladder! Satael manages to take him down but can't manouver a pickup and on my next turn I can free the markers and make a succesful pickup and my skink makes a dash to get the ball as far away downfield as possible. On the last turn Sataels loner lineman fails his dodge blitz ending the game giving the lizards a hard fought win.

Wjhile my block and dodge dice were less than great I was saved in this match by unusually reliable skink handling as they made catches and pickups in tackle zones with no re-rolls giving me the opportunity to equalise in the first half when I didn't really play well enough to deserve that. Second half I was much more solid but with a little more luck Satael might well have pulled off the equaliser and he played very well. Was a good match and it has been uploaded to BBmanager.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 03:04:04 PM

Avaia,

Just putting another call out to try and arrange a game.

Iain,

Just a point of order from your opening post. Seems unfair to score a 0-0 if a game doesn't get played if one coach is trying hard to get that game played...

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 03:11:35 PM

Iain,

Just a point of order from your opening post. Seems unfair to score a 0-0 if a game doesn't get played if one coach is trying hard to get that game played...

As per the main league thread, if one side is being rubbish then they will generally forfeit. If it's not clear who's responsible for the holdup then it comes down to a 0-0 draw. In general I find that PMs or Steam messages are a better way of getting someone's attention than simply posting in the thread, it's easy to overlook a post even with your name on it.

In happier news I played Ironwood this evening in what turned out to be a rather lopsided game. He had some terrible luck with GfIs and his rats continued their proud tradition of not being able to throw the ball at all. Meanwhile my Elves pulled out all kinds of bullshit to romp to a convincing victory. My rookie catcher got two full levels out of the game. Both of us managed to kill one of the other team's players but in both cases it was apothed to a non-serious injury (BH for me, MNG for Ironwood).

« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 03:13:28 PM by IainC »

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 5 All Divisions  
Jump to: