Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:09:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 5 All Divisions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Day 5 All Divisions  (Read 17134 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 03:20:58 PM

I guess Falc wasn't around today. Haven't seen him on Steam.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 28, 2012, 06:55:29 PM

I just can't play vs Lizards.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 28, 2012, 07:25:42 PM

7 Deadly 2-1 over f13 Catfighters!

A lot of key block and dodge failures allowed my Lizards their two points over Comstar's Amazons. The dice were pretty wonky all around, giving me a lot of great kickoff results but Comstar somewhat better block dice.

7 Deadly kicked off and got somewhat outbashed by the Catfighters, who maneuvered their way to a turn 4 touchdown even though I did a better job of screening my backfield than usual. 7 Deadly tied it up in another four turns after some back-and-forth play left the Catfighters with a too-thinly-spread defensive line. By the half, the Catfighters' numerically weakened team began to hurt them (not Comstar's fault; he had three players missing this game). A quick snap and a touchback started me off in a strong aggressive position, and while all that blodge put up a hefty defense I was able to get a ball-carrying Skink through the line and have him dance around for a couple turns before running it in. The Catfighters came very close to tying it up at the end, but their ball carrier tripped and I recovered. Then I almost gave it up again while trying to score a free SPP on one of my Skinks, but the Amazons couldn't get a grip on the ball before the end of the match.

Fun game overall, although it came too close for comfort with just a few rolls deciding the outcome. Not sure if anyone leveled and there's no permanent damage but I do have a Skink MNG.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 28, 2012, 11:42:30 PM

SirT and I have just tried everything we can think of, changing router settings, trying my mobile internet, etc, all without any luck. Cyanide wins this one.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 01:15:16 AM

I went over my router settings again (They all correct) and I even tried a static NAT route to my Gaming PC. It might be my ISP but if it is there's nothing I can do about that.  Mob

Hic sunt dracones.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 06:35:53 AM

I got so utterly buttfucked by Iain, my arse is still bleeding today.  I have no idea how you chaps play against those strong elves;  I just couldn't do anything against them.

What made the raping worse was Iain commenting on how pretty I looked all through the game and then finally, at the end, saying how much he'd enjoyed bending me over.   ACK!

It was the little things, like passing the ball back 100 yards to the guy who was 'low on experience.'  Really, really grinding the point home that there was fuck all I could do about anything and I may as well just give up.

Still, the deaths were fun.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 08:42:52 AM

As I said earlier, you were certainly unlucky not to score at least a couple of times. A failed throw and a failed GfI stopped two otherwise sure scores for you. There were a couple of times where you did something weird and gave me an opportunity that I shouldn't have had but mostly it's just that my team can score in a single turn if it gets even half a look at the ball. Your wizard was wasted, I'd have lightning bolted the fuck out of my thrower, the star catcher or one of the Wardancers if I'd been you but that's by the by.

SirT and Lamaros; I'll leave your match open until the deadline on the off-chance that you somehow manage to fix the issue and then award a 0-0 draw on that date. Did you check that all three ports are open for both UDP and TCP traffic? Separate rules for each?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 09:39:26 AM

Is Falc just fucking around with Secret World all the time these days? Steam says he hasn't been online in 45 hours.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 04:43:40 PM

Pretty sure he's moved on to mwo.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 06:04:46 PM

Pretty sure he's moved on to mwo.

See, I don't even know what that is!

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 07:53:41 PM

Avaia,

Just putting another call out to try and arrange a game.

Iain,

Just a point of order from your opening post. Seems unfair to score a 0-0 if a game doesn't get played if one coach is trying hard to get that game played...

Sorry, I was out of town for state swimming championships for my kid this weekend.  I will look for you on steam tomorrow and see when we can hook up.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 11:57:15 PM

Avaia,

Just putting another call out to try and arrange a game.

Iain,

Just a point of order from your opening post. Seems unfair to score a 0-0 if a game doesn't get played if one coach is trying hard to get that game played...

Sorry, I was out of town for state swimming championships for my kid this weekend.  I will look for you on steam tomorrow and see when we can hook up.

I'm about all day today, last day of holiday.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #47 on: July 30, 2012, 01:19:27 AM

Catfud (oh god it's been so long that I can't remember the correct forum name).

COME RECEIVE YOUR WHUPPIN! SNOOSNOO FOR ALL!

It's been far too long.

I'm home in 5 hours and am GmT +9
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 30, 2012, 01:43:36 AM

Any word from Bann vs Proudft? I think that you're all that's left in Hordes after Avaia vs Swift.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 30, 2012, 07:25:17 AM

Geez, speedy!   We had a tentative plan for yesterday evening but somehow missed each other.   Will shoot for tonight.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:05 AM

Match played between old foes Team SnooSnoo and Alive not Dead.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: July 30, 2012, 09:57:47 AM

OUCH.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 30, 2012, 12:51:46 PM

The Camp-town OrcBoyz met Bleating and had a big fight. At some point a ball became involved, but we didn't let that get in the way of a good brawl. 1-1 was the final score, probably could've gone either way, but I think avaia had the upper hand and I was struggling to stop him scoring (least felt that way to me). The difference in rerolls also was a factor I think.

Lack of almost any skills for my team really showed again, though the 2 star players (Morg and the pogo gobbo) helped even things up a little bit.

I started receiving, gave the ball the the pogo gobbo and caged him in. Saw a gap, took it relying on the dodge skill to keep my carrier up. It worked and scored on turn 4.

His turn to receive and my team got smashed to pieces. Utilising a gap, his beastman strolled up the side of the pitch. I took a few risks to make his life a little harder, but no-one had the range to blitz him next to my TD line. Turn 8, he scors.

This is bad for me, he receives and has 8 turns to score. I'd lost my gobbo star player and a black orc by this point, so had no reserves to call upon. However, I managed to keep the pressure on, making him drop the ball a couple of times and stopping him being able to make it down the pitch. The one time he tried, I knocked the ball out of his hands, but couldn't get it myself. he managed to get it back, but had to cage up. I pressured the cage, made him drop the ball again and time was up.

1-1, good game, match has been uploaded and stats are below.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 01:04:51 PM

Megrim: I still have in-laws in town tomorrow and this weekend, but should be pretty clear after that.

FREEDOM. Ready when you are basically, although scheduling Aussies is always hard. I tend to be free after 7 Pacific for about 5-7hours, or I can get up early on my Sunday this week, which is deadline day.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 05:47:01 PM

Whalers vs. Explorers is played and... you might just want to watch the replay, there are some ludicrous plays.  It's uploaded.  But, if not:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:51:35 PM by proudft »
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #55 on: July 30, 2012, 06:19:25 PM

Megrim: I still have in-laws in town tomorrow and this weekend, but should be pretty clear after that.

FREEDOM. Ready when you are basically, although scheduling Aussies is always hard. I tend to be free after 7 Pacific for about 5-7hours, or I can get up early on my Sunday this week, which is deadline day.

I should be around all day Thursday (which is your Wednesday I think), or alternatively today is also good, though short notice. If we can't find time during the week, I think Sat/Sun should be doable before the cut-off.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:46 AM

Dwarves and Vampires tie, 2-2. Nuffle helped me escape with this one, without some luck I would have ended the first half down 2-0 instead of 2-1 and wouldn't have been able to equalize. I thought I was going to have a solid chance to get the ball back on defense and get away with a 3-2 win, but 4/5 of Megrim's KOed thralls woke up going into the last possession and I just wasn't able to get through downfield fast enough.

Insatiable | 2 - 2 | Beardstorm!

Teams
InsatiableBeardstorm!
Race : VampireDwarf
TV : 18202170
Treasury : 110000350000
Rerolls : 44
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 811
Cheerleaders : 10

Match Report
InsatiableBeardstorm!
Score : 22
Touchdowns inflicted : 22
Touchdowns sustained : 22
Passes : 30
Catches : 31
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 821
KOs inflicted : 36
Injuries inflicted : 05
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 04
Yards gained passing : 4216
Yards gained running : 9690
Ball Possession (%) : 4839
Own occupation: 5544
Opponent occupation : 4455
Note of the match: 20/20
Spectators: 29000

Well-played vampires are pretty hard to play against, especially when you're spacing your guys out because you're paranoid about the wizard your opponent has - I'm really not sure what the best way to play defense against hypnotic gaze is yet. Definitely think I need more practice against vampires.

My plan going in was to just try to get rid of as many thralls as I could, but I just couldn't keep them off the field enough - Megrim had to play around a couple bad blood lusts but I never got quite got it to the position I wanted.

The other big mistake (which is the one that almost cost me the game) was I was too aggressive pushing downfield on my first possession; I left a vampire unmarked in my backfield and so when the ball got knocked loose at one point Megrim was able to pull off some elf-esque bullshit with a long pass to a guy who ran down and handed off to the vampire in the backfield, who scored. I had noone in range, really, I assume he ran it in to stop me from getting a bunch of hits on his guys the next turn; I think in most games that's the right choice but this time I happened to get lucky with a 2 turn score after he got double-skulled on his first move (TD by a troll slayer of all things) and that got me back in it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:18:49 AM by Ingmar »

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 31, 2012, 01:51:58 AM

Yea, I mostly didn't want to give up free hits if I didn't have to. Plus, the more restarts, the more chances of my Thralls coming back on.

With all that Strength up front you probably could have spread the center out a bit more and given yourself some safety on the wings, instead of getting played around the sides (because lets be honest, I couldn't do much about the line. I could knock those dwarves down if I concentrated on it, but even then I could not move them) and out-run on passes. By the way, on the defensive blitz when you used a Runner to knock down the 5 AG Vamp, I would have used the Strip-Ball Blitzer instead, because statistically it gives better odds at 2dice. Though, you got the POW on the block anyway so it wouldn't have mattered.

All things considered, I really should have done more with the 2-0 lead, but because herp-derp counting squares is for nerds, you got right back into it. I was honestly surprised at the Slayer hand-off, because I was thinking that it was going to be comfortable cruise from then on, since Dwarves don't really come back from being two nil down. Should have paid more attention.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 31, 2012, 03:05:12 AM

If I'm remembering right the reason I picked that runner to blitz was that your vampire that had the ball had dodge, and that was my tackle runner.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 31, 2012, 03:49:49 AM

If I'm remembering right the reason I picked that runner to blitz was that your vampire that had the ball had dodge, and that was my tackle runner.

That's what I meant. You had the choice of 2d with Tackle or 2d with Strip Ball, and I think with two Push sides per die its better odds.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #60 on: July 31, 2012, 03:58:32 AM

Remarkably all of the Hordes games are now played so I've moved that division on already.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 03:59:38 AM

SirT and Lamaros; I'll leave your match open until the deadline on the off-chance that you somehow manage to fix the issue and then award a 0-0 draw on that date. Did you check that all three ports are open for both UDP and TCP traffic? Separate rules for each?

Teah. I checked them manually. 6 rules for tcp and the other one. I even put a static NAT route to my gaming computer. No dice.

Hic sunt dracones.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 06:28:06 AM

Can someone who actually runs into Falconeer tell him to actually get on Steam and we'll play. He wasn't on all weekend.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 10:10:31 AM

Posting from iPhone, so being brief:

Reborn and I played successfully, 1-4 elves victorious.  Looks like it was SirT's connection as well.  I invited Reborn on my basic Internet connection, and it worked without a hitch.  So who knows, fuck Cyanide. 

On the bright side, I can now cancel this $20 a month hotspot service I signed up for with verizon!   why so serious?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04:00 AM

That's what I meant. You had the choice of 2d with Tackle or 2d with Strip Ball, and I think with two Push sides per die its better odds.

Strictly speaking, yes, the ball is more likely to come loose, but then you have a chance of having tackle zones on the ball and the pickup gets harder. I'm not actually sure what the best move was, though.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012, 05:47:31 PM

Reborn and I played successfully, 1-4 elves victorious.  Looks like it was SirT's connection as well.  I invited Reborn on my basic Internet connection, and it worked without a hitch.  So who knows, fuck Cyanide. 

Fuck... I'm stumped then. I've done everything I can to the router bar deleting the rules and reprogramming them in.

Sorry guys.

Hic sunt dracones.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 31, 2012, 06:11:41 PM

Fuck... I'm stumped then. I've done everything I can to the router bar deleting the rules and reprogramming them in.

Sorry guys.

I'm surprised that my game with SirT at the start of the season worked without too much trouble earlier in the season, ah well.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: August 01, 2012, 03:32:57 AM

@Hammy, sorry I missed you last night.  Was up at 2AM yesterday for work, and I was bit exhausted at 9PM.  How does tonight sound?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #68 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:29 AM

@Hammy, sorry I missed you last night.  Was up at 2AM yesterday for work, and I was bit exhausted at 9PM.  How does tonight sound?

Going to have to play it by ear. I know I'll have time on the weekend. What about Thursday night? I take my mother-in-law to the train station in the morning, but will be off the rest of the and chilling at the house after probably 3 or 4 pm CST.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: August 01, 2012, 09:31:34 AM

Going to have to play it by ear. I know I'll have time on the weekend. What about Thursday night? I take my mother-in-law to the train station in the morning, but will be off the rest of the and chilling at the house after probably 3 or 4 pm CST.

Have to shoot for the weekend then.  It's my toddler's open house for pre-school tomorrow night.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Day 5 All Divisions  
Jump to: