Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you like 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things you like  (Read 123096 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #210 on: August 04, 2012, 04:23:50 PM

I get emails from the Illuminati lady sometimes, she mostly wants me to know how boring the Templars are. But that's totally not a job offer or anything. TA TA.

God Save the Horn Players
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #211 on: August 04, 2012, 04:31:04 PM

Mails? How, when? Have I been missing something?

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #212 on: August 04, 2012, 05:02:43 PM

Eh, the mission turn in messages, I think of as "emails."

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #213 on: August 04, 2012, 08:28:06 PM

For Illuminati they're definitely formatted like email yeah.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #214 on: August 04, 2012, 10:06:03 PM

Oh is that stuff from the other factions?  I thought it was some sort of subgroup in the dragons.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #215 on: August 04, 2012, 10:30:57 PM

As a sort of high-level 'like': very little filler. Each solo mission has a point other than kill10rats, and the dungeons have barely any trash. Overall it feels like the game doesn't want me to waste my time on trivialities before getting to the 'meat' of the content, which is pretty much unlike all the other mmos I played recently.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #216 on: August 04, 2012, 10:40:08 PM

I have had plenty of kill 10 rats quests, imo. :P "This quest has a point" seems to be one of those things everyone has a different opinion on.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #217 on: August 04, 2012, 10:48:25 PM

I haven't posted a thing I like lately, so:

I like that I can change what my weapon looks like. I've totally been stashing weapons I like the look of as a result. <3

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: August 04, 2012, 11:41:04 PM

You can?  How?

Over and out.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: August 05, 2012, 12:10:51 AM

You can buy kit things from the council of Venice people that use up one weapon to change the appearance of a new one (presumably you can then go on and do it again with that one?) Don't remember off hand how expensive they are.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #220 on: August 05, 2012, 02:09:39 AM

I forget already, I think it was 10 thingers, but may have been 15. It's not the most elegant of systems (first you "combine" the thinger and the weapon whose appearance you want, then you take the result and combine that with the weapon you want to convert), but I appreciate the thought nonetheless. I'm mostly only doing it if I find the weapon way too stupid-looking to endure (most pistols have been this), but I plan to have my big-girl sword look like this very pretty rapier I got as a drop when I was very, very new. Just seems Templar-y to me.

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #221 on: August 05, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Doh!  I need to start hoarding cool looking weapons!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: August 05, 2012, 03:13:44 AM

Yeah I wish I had saved the big rectangular combat shotgun thing I had for a while.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #223 on: August 05, 2012, 08:42:08 AM

I'm a total weapon hoarder....even weapons I don't use...because they might look cool!
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: August 05, 2012, 08:52:00 AM

Mini custodians!  They need to walk faster though   Heartbreak

City of the Sun God keeps up the high quality and didn't disappoint.  It's true that there is a higher percentage of 'kill shit' quests, but those almost always have a twist to them to keep them interesting.  And of course the writing and lore remains fascinating. City of the Sun God also has a nice variety of mobs and a cool layout in general, which helps.  My character is getting more and more fun to play, especially because I'm getting to the point where I can mess with lots of viable builds.  I think I've tried out 7-8 so far in this zone alone. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 08:54:38 AM by trias_e »
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #225 on: August 05, 2012, 05:48:19 PM

I liked their content update. Those 7 quest are really good even though I am not really into investigation mission - I just do them for new mechanics, story ,etc.  5 out  of those 7 are great. Also 2 new NM dungeons are indeed much harder than everything else to day

p.s. But I seen everything this game could offer. Completed every mission , completed every nightmare but 2 new ones (probably will get Ankh last boss someday too). It will not last because GW2 is on the doorstep and it has the thing for long term play which TSW doesnt have - PvP. I am a bit sad because that means TSW will do worse than it really deserves.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #226 on: August 05, 2012, 07:34:10 PM

Heart Dame Julia Heart

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #227 on: August 06, 2012, 02:38:56 AM

Yeah... One thing though: They have a social pets category in their store but no mini custodians there? WTF Funcom? Who makes your business decisions?
Seraphim
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:21 AM

Yeah... One thing though: They have a social pets category in their store but no mini custodians there? WTF Funcom? Who makes your business decisions?

Tyrnan pointed me to this post by Ragnar when I said the same thing in the in-game chat.
Tyrnan
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: August 06, 2012, 03:47:45 AM

Heart Dame Julia Heart

Heh, was talking about her on TS last night. She's the reason I decided to buy the game, love that woman!
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:55 AM

I actually like the weekend's even where they give away bonus points. I may actually buy a pet I'll never use since I am not really one for dress up (I have bunny slippers, I need nothing else!).
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #231 on: August 06, 2012, 12:42:08 PM

Heart Dame Julia Heart

Heh, was talking about her on TS last night. She's the reason I decided to buy the game, love that woman!

She is hands down my favorite character in the game.  Heart

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: August 06, 2012, 09:20:00 PM

The outfits in the 60s flashback in the haunted house in Blue Mountain.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: August 07, 2012, 11:54:00 AM

Just finished with the amusement park.  And I am glad.  /chills

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #234 on: August 07, 2012, 12:02:12 PM

Quite possibly the best series of quests I've ever played through. That place is fantastic.

Boogeyman Heart
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #235 on: August 08, 2012, 12:37:00 AM

Haven't played very long, the things I like so far:

- The writing has been a pleasant surprise, I was guessing this was going to be one of those things where everyone says the writing was good but it turns out to be a terrible translation in English (Witcher 2). Instead it isn't bad at all.
- The voice acting is solid.
- The skill system (while a bit overwhelming to just dump on someone, and kind of poorly explained) is really neat.
- All the little references are a lot of fun.

I'm late to the party I know but  NDA  awesome, for real
It looks like any other MMO (3rd person, action bars).

However, quests are superbly written, dialogue snappy, so many pop culture references, different questing mentality (Don't vacuum quests and walk around the zone like a blender of critter death).

Skills are super interesting and almost make me want to rush through content just to get more SPs/APs.

Because the story and atmosphere seem to be so awesome though I actually like sitting their listening to dialogue that doesn't further my ingame character stats (exp/gold).

I actually regret not fully reading some descriptions in last night's 3 hour session and will definitely run through Polaris again with an ordinary retarded group instead of awesome ubergeared Bee country members.

I would get a lifetime sub just to support funcom if I didn't shell out $120 on a Founders pack and was worried about them running out of content.

Organising your own bags is also amazing.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #236 on: August 08, 2012, 12:55:40 AM

There's an interaction in the Carpathian Fangs between an Orochi agent and a Phoenician that's just awesome.   That sort of stuff just makes me wonder what kind of single player game they could have pulled off with this team. 

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #237 on: August 08, 2012, 06:41:34 AM

Organising your own bags is also amazing.
Also, how bags will auto-size if they are full and you drop something in. Bumps itself open another row.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: August 08, 2012, 11:23:55 AM

Yeah the inventory system is nice.

Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: August 08, 2012, 01:58:21 PM

It is really nice, only way I could think to make it better would be to auto-route certain item types to sub-bags (e.g. create a "health potions" bag or a "glyphs" bag)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: August 08, 2012, 03:42:18 PM

It is really nice, only way I could think to make it better would be to auto-route certain item types to sub-bags (e.g. create a "health potions" bag or a "glyphs" bag)

Right clicking a bag slot and being able to assign a key to use the item in that slot would make their bag system nearly perfect.

Over and out.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #241 on: August 09, 2012, 07:29:13 AM

Right clicking a bag slot and being able to assign a key to use the item in that slot would make their bag system nearly perfect.

Fucking ^ THIS ^. Not being able to hotkey a consumable really hurts the consumable/gadget use for me.

Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: August 09, 2012, 10:55:26 AM

Starting 'Red Handed' with a trained doctor in your group.

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: August 10, 2012, 11:29:17 AM

'End Game' (I believe it's a dragon only mission?) features a korean pro starcraft player who ended up in a cheating scandal.  References to actions per minute also got a chuckle out of me, although 210 is way low for a SC:BW korean pro.

Oh, and that cheating scandal actually happened:  http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Match_Fixing_Scandal
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:32:21 AM by trias_e »
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #244 on: August 12, 2012, 06:58:13 PM

'End Game' (I believe it's a dragon only mission?) features a korean pro starcraft player who ended up in a cheating scandal.  References to actions per minute also got a chuckle out of me, although 210 is way low for a SC:BW korean pro.

Oh, and that cheating scandal actually happened:  http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Match_Fixing_Scandal

Makes me almost want to reroll a Dragon character...

The Polaris altered reality actually was pretty amazing even if it's been done before. Very cool.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  The Secret World  |  Topic: Things you like  
Jump to: