Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:00:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 2  (Read 14721 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: June 15, 2012, 04:40:16 PM

Alll games played on schedule so on with the show!

Results:
Tamurkhan Division

40k Division

Hordes Division

Next up:

Tamurkhan and 40k

Hordes

The next game day runs until June 25th. Get all of your games in by then. Don't forget to upload to the F13 Season 6 league in BBmanager regardless of which league you are in now.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:42:21 PM

I leave for a week on the 20th, Ironwood (and I'm busy all day Sunday.) Hopefully there's a time we can get this knocked out late tonight my time/morning your time or maybe sometime tomorrow? I'm in California, I think that puts me 8 or 9 hours behind you.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 04:44:30 PM

Rankings after day 1:

Tamurkhan and 40k

Hordes

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:46:30 PM

Hello Chaos friends! I am away until my Monday your Sunday. But that Sunday evening might work if it's ok for you?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:48:07 PM

Wow, no ties.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:38:15 PM

Ramas what is your steam name? Give me a yell via Steam.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 07:35:48 PM

Wow, no ties.
By all rights our game should have been, but Nuffle was in a particularly special mode that night.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 08:39:33 PM

Hello Chaos friends! I am away until my Monday your Sunday. But that Sunday evening might work if it's ok for you?

Sunday is fine with me. Or Monday, as I have that off. I'm EDT, so I'll let you decide on time zone junk.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 09:55:34 PM

Satael, are you on the f13 BloodBowl Steam group?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 11:47:30 PM

Hey Falc, I'll be staying up for awhile longer tonight.  Message me on Steam or post here if I don't respond (I might be watching netflix on the iPad in bed, so might not notice a message at first).  Hoping your Saturday morning will be somewhat convenient.  I'm going out the next few days, so probably wont have time for the rest of the weekend after this.  Also, I've been watching baseball and somehow drank $25 in beer in a short time, so advantage to you right now.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 01:55:23 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 12:31:07 AM

Satael, are you on the f13 BloodBowl Steam group?

Yes (Satael57).

And if I'm on steam I'm (almost always) available to play the match.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 12:50:00 AM

Haemish how is your Sunday looking? I am free pretty much all day (UK time so GMT -1 I think) so will look for you on steam if Sunday is ok with you.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 01:37:38 AM

I leave for a week on the 20th, Ironwood (and I'm busy all day Sunday.) Hopefully there's a time we can get this knocked out late tonight my time/morning your time or maybe sometime tomorrow? I'm in California, I think that puts me 8 or 9 hours behind you.

This one's going to be tricky I suspect, but we'll manage somehow.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 04:59:04 AM

Ramas what is your steam name? Give me a yell via Steam.

eldaec

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 09:19:46 AM

Ermine Vermin 3 - 1 Catfighters

Strange game, dominated by dice, shitty for Comstar in the first half, and for both of through most of the second half. I imagine Amazons are generally a good match up for rats, so the rest went as expected.

One lineman -1AGI on my side, I don't think there are any significant levels or injuries.

F13 Catfighters | 1 - 3 | Ermine Vermin

Teams
F13 CatfightersErmine Vermin
Race : AmazonSkaven
TV : 20401330
Treasury : 20000010000
Rerolls : 33
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 98
Cheerleaders : 01

Match Report
F13 CatfightersErmine Vermin
Score : 13
Touchdowns inflicted : 13
Touchdowns sustained : 31
Passes : 30
Catches : 41
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 164
KOs inflicted : 21
Injuries inflicted : 30
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 70
Yards gained passing : 102
Yards gained running : 9488
Ball Possession (%) : 5822
Own occupation: 4752
Opponent occupation : 5247
Note of the match: 18/20
Spectators: 30000

BBManager actually says comstar had slightly the best of the dice.

I'd suggest not when it mattered.

Uploaded.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 09:20:06 AM

I played my game vs Eldaec's rats.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 09:35:36 AM

Inducements were an interesting puzzle here. Spending 660, I considered a chef, but with comstar having 3+leader rerolls, it wouldn't hurt him enough unless I rolled a 3 reroll swing (I don't like chefs unless you are halflings, the opp has 3 or preferably 2 rerolls to start with, or is vampires); considered the star player Headsplitter but he just too expensive compared to a merc rat ogre, ended up with a Stormvermin+Guard, Ogre+juggernaught, reroll, and wizard.

The wizard naturally wasn't useful, he knocked over Comstar's ball carrier but nuffle intervened and denied an AGI4 clear field pickup, but aside from that the inducements worked out well.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 10:07:53 AM

Haemish how is your Sunday looking? I am free pretty much all day (UK time so GMT -1 I think) so will look for you on steam if Sunday is ok with you.

This Sunday may or may not work out - I've got to do some writing tomorrow so don't know if I'll have time for a BB game this weekend. I'm on GMT-5. When I'm done writing, I'll check Steam and see if your still available. If not, next weekend should be more doable.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 01:55:13 PM

One rat match down, two to go:

Ironwoods Itchers | 0 - 3 | Beardstorm!

Teams
Ironwoods ItchersBeardstorm!
Race : SkavenDwarf
TV : 14401950
Treasury : 10000370000
Rerolls : 34
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 410
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Ironwoods ItchersBeardstorm!
Score : 03
Touchdowns inflicted : 03
Touchdowns sustained : 30
Passes : 02
Catches : 12
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 124
KOs inflicted : 17
Injuries inflicted : 08
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 05
Yards gained passing : 1614
Yards gained running : 5282
Ball Possession (%) : 4639
Own occupation: 6633
Opponent occupation : 3366
Note of the match: 17/20
Spectators: 29000

Rather one sided on the injury dice, I'm afraid, but nobody was murdered and the worst thing I saw was a -1 MV to a stormvermin* I think. A blitzer hit level 5, and the deathroller hit level 3! I will probably reboot the roller if it doesn't roll doubles on this level-up.

The last TD was basically bullshit, a dwarf lineman sitting in 2 tackle zones threw a short pass to a blizter who ran it in - no rerolls used. We spent basically the entire game in a blizzard, which really didn't help the rat gameplan at all.

*Vermine de Choc is totally the best unit name in all of BBM.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:09:54 PM by Ingmar »

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 01:00:27 AM

After a 0-3 defeat to Megrim's vampires I can honestly say I am worse at this than I remembered Ohhhhh, I see. The first kickoff went straight to a vampire standing near the left edge of the field and by the end of the first half of the game I had 4 players left on the field (luckily most came back in the next half). But overall I can't blame the dice this time.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 01:04:38 AM

Warp Cheese Disciples 0 - 3 Insatiable

Bit of a rough game for the rookie Skaven, who will be looking to build throughout this season, I think. The Rats took a lot of KOs throughout the first half, which, when combined with the +2 Fame and the skills-advantage the Vampires enjoyed, did not bode well for the depleted Skaven team.

Rep uploaded.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 06:08:18 AM

Few notes watching the warp cheese match.

Be vary wary of letting your guys end a move on the edge of the pitch, only do this if it is giving a significant shot at grabbing the ball. You had several rats pushed into the crowd. Failing an almost impossible dodge away from the line is generally better than conceding a crowd push, crowd pushes go straight to injury roll and always take a player out of the drive, wheras a failed dodge can keep a player on field and an armour roll can save the injury.

Worry less about territory, more about possession. As skaven you don't care if they score next turn - all you care about is finding a move that gives you at least a chance of picking up the ball this turn, and once you have it, being able to score immediately. Too often you had too many guys behind the ball slowing the vampires down, and not enough rats making a play to attack the carrier wherever his weakest side is. Attacking the carrier directly instead of slowing the advance down will often force the opp to move faster, cage less, and score earlier - this all works to your advantage as skaven.

You can use a wizard as the first move of a turn as well as the last, if you'd used yours at the start of the turn you used it on, you may have recovered the ball. You should always be hoping to gain possession immediately when you use a wizard, if your fireball/lightning won't turn defence into attack you should probably save it.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 06:15:55 AM

SirT!

Please logon to steam and play yo Goonswarm celebrity!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 07:01:27 AM

Be vary wary of letting your guys end a move on the edge of the pitch, only do this if it is giving a significant shot at grabbing the ball. You had several rats pushed into the crowd. Failing an almost impossible dodge away from the line is generally better than conceding a crowd push, crowd pushes go straight to injury roll and always take a player out of the drive, wheras a failed dodge can keep a player on field and an armour roll can save the injury.

Worry less about territory, more about possession. As skaven you don't care if they score next turn - all you care about is finding a move that gives you at least a chance of picking up the ball this turn, and once you have it, being able to score immediately. Too often you had too many guys behind the ball slowing the vampires down, and not enough rats making a play to attack the carrier wherever his weakest side is. Attacking the carrier directly instead of slowing the advance down will often force the opp to move faster, cage less, and score earlier - this all works to your advantage as skaven.

You can use a wizard as the first move of a turn as well as the last, if you'd used yours at the start of the turn you used it on, you may have recovered the ball. You should always be hoping to gain possession immediately when you use a wizard, if your fireball/lightning won't turn defence into attack you should probably save it.

Thanks for the advice.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 10:23:26 AM

Thanks for the advice.

why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:46 PM

Reborne! TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

My schedule is pretty damned free all week. Eastern time, any old time is good for me.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 05:02:06 PM

Pinged SirT on Steam will play in 12 hours time!
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 05:16:14 PM

Strazos, if you want to get in our game tomorrow, let me know what time. I won't be available tonight since the Finals are on.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 05:20:55 PM

You mean me?

I'm probably not going to be available tomorrow (work will probably take me out of a possible time due to the difference). I'm around for the rest of today, though you seem busy. This could be awkward as I'm moving later in the week.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 06:22:54 PM

Yes, you. Not Strazos.  Facepalm

It's halftime in the Finals, but I have literally all day off tomorrow. Sooooooo I'm available from about 10AM GMT - 4 for the next 12 hours after that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:25:05 PM by Paelos »

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 07:28:00 PM

Wrestlers 0 - 2 Snoosnoo

MA played a solid game and with some serious favour of Nuffle, the day was won.

It was a bashy game as you'd expect and very slow going for most of it but to me the dice were the most interesting thing.
I don't remember any amazing plays from the game, but I remember a lot of 1 die blocks that came up golden for him, a turn where my entire line boneheaded (with insult to injury being the blitz that wasn't part of the line) and a number of times where I needed a 2, rolled 1, rerolled 1...

As always I was laughing the entire way and I hope that Modern Angel had as much if not more fun than I did :)

On an up side, Sid Vicious got the MVP and is close to leveling again  awesome, for real

Just curious, does anyone have anyone have any musical talent?
I need someone to filk Ballroom Blitz into Bonehead Blitz for team's song  why so serious?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 07:41:32 PM

no filking

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 17, 2012, 08:48:38 PM

Yes, you. Not Strazos.  Facepalm

It's halftime in the Finals, but I have literally all day off tomorrow. Sooooooo I'm available from about 10AM GMT - 4 for the next 12 hours after that.

Hmm, I'm a little confused. But basically if I'm on steam send me a msg, I'll be on steam whenever I'm available.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 18, 2012, 03:20:45 AM

Hey sirT, I'll be online in 3 hours if that's cool.

You're still offline on steam btw
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:20 AM

Wrestlers 0 - 2 Snoosnoo

MA played a solid game and with some serious favour of Nuffle, the day was won.

It was a bashy game as you'd expect and very slow going for most of it but to me the dice were the most interesting thing.
I don't remember any amazing plays from the game, but I remember a lot of 1 die blocks that came up golden for him, a turn where my entire line boneheaded (with insult to injury being the blitz that wasn't part of the line) and a number of times where I needed a 2, rolled 1, rerolled 1...

As always I was laughing the entire way and I hope that Modern Angel had as much if not more fun than I did :)

On an up side, Sid Vicious got the MVP and is close to leveling again  awesome, for real

Just curious, does anyone have anyone have any musical talent?
I need someone to filk Ballroom Blitz into Bonehead Blitz for team's song  why so serious?

Yeah, it's been a REALLY long time since I've had such ridiculous, all out Nuffle on my side goodness. I felt bad by the second half after doing some orc dodging and my eighth GFI in a row without a miss. But it was well-played by Reborne, as always, and he loves his ogres more than he hates losing, so hats off to the man. Always sporting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 2  
Jump to: