Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:55:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 2  (Read 14720 times)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 18, 2012, 05:59:41 AM

For the benefit of the two new guys I don't know if you have gone through the bloodbowl rescources/questions sticky (http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=20271.0) or how familiar you guys are with multiplayer blood bowl but if not it is well worth it and if you have not looked at the art of blocking guide then I strongly recommend it. There are a fair few questions and answers in there. I had a particular issue with working out how assists are actually worked out (amongst other things) that Ingmar gave a very good explanation of.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1310006_BB_Art_of_Blocking.pdf

If you do have any queries then pop a post in there and you will (usually) get a good reply to answer any questions that you may have and the best bit of advice I can give is practice working out your moves in advance as your opponent is playing their turn cos the 2 minute turns can and will bite you in the ass if you don't learn this, at least that is my experience so far.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 07:02:00 AM

Also, don't assume the other guy doesn't know this.  He may have parked his chaps at the edge of the pitch as bait.

awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 07:05:01 AM

Game played. Match report forthcoming:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:57:10 AM by Llyse »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #38 on: June 18, 2012, 07:21:00 AM

Teleku, will you be generally available at some point next weekend?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 12:28:59 PM

I'm leaving for Ireland June 21st.  Will be gone for about a week.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 02:12:52 PM

Fianna Chulain 3-1 Ymiron's G6 Crew

Honestly this match wasn't as close as the score suggests. Luckton got off to a bad start and it got progressively worse. The only real consolation that he can take away is that his team walked out of the stadium by themselves while quite a lot of mine didn't.

He elected to receive and immediately things started going wrong. A loner on the line of scrimmage threw a 1d block that came up a skull, failed the loner roll for the reroll and turned over after only picking up the ball and throwing two blocks. he then fireballed the knot of Elves that I'd lined up against him and failed to hit any of them. So much for the wizard. The Elves rushed the unsupported Norseman with the ball and took him down before scooping the ball and running out of range with it. TYhe Norse blocked everyone that they could reach but weren't able to get to my catcher and I walked over the first TD on turn 2.

The next kickoff saw the fans getting restive and one of them KOd a Norseman with a well-aimed rock. This time the Norse were able to make a cage although their blocking game was lacking. The Elves tried some typical bullshit to pop the ball out of the cage but the Wardancer failed her leap and injured herself in the process, forcing me to use my apothecary early to keep her in the game. The Norse pushed forwards and again failed to do much to the rampaging Elves and the othe Wardancer showed the crowd how the move from the previous turn should have worked by sacking the ball carrier in the cage, then waltzing over to pick it up and dodge clear. Once more the Norse found themselves defending in their own drive, they were unable to drop the Wardancer - Zara tried a stab to bring her down -  and she pirouetted over their heads to hand the ball off to a catcher who then ran in the second Elf TD.

By now the Norse fans were openly jeering their team and another rock came sailing in from the stands to lay out one of the burly Vikings. The remaining Norse formed their usual cage around the ball carrier and once more the Wardancers went to work on it, the ball went free but the other Wardancer failed a Leap to land on the ball. Emboldened by this, the Norse grabbed he ball and handed it off to Zara but she was having trouble putting her knives away and dropped the ball. The Elves had a good opportunity to make it 3-0 at the half but Boadicea the Wardancer failed yet another leap to blitz the ball free. Once more the Norse got their hands to the ball and once more they tried to get it clear, once more however sweaty Viking manflesh proved to be anathema to ball handling and they dropped it in front of Caractacus, my thrower. He took the opportunity and looked for a good target, saw an unmarked Elf catcher in range of the Norse endzone and sent it off like a rocket but one of the Norse in the way made a heroic leap to intercept it and end the half.

The second half began as the first had finished, with unruly Norse fans hurling more missiles at their team. Yet again a burly warrior dropped as he was beaned by a rock from the crowd. The Elves flooded the Norse backfield with receivers, the Norse tried to mark them but inevitably Caractacus found his mark and the Elves were 3-0 up on turn 10.

The next drive saw the steward restring some order to the crowd and the Norse were relieved not to have to keep a weather eye out on their own fans. They started well by injuring an Elf before caging up. As always however, the Wardancers made a mockery of the Norse defence and took the Viking with the ball down from within a crowd of his fellows. This time at least it bounced into the hands of his team-mate. Again, the Norse tried to defend their ball and again the Wardancers made them look foolish. This time however Mab danced across to the ball and failed to pick it up giving the Norse a bit of breathing space. the Crew grabbed he ball and gave it once again to Zara who was immediately sacked hard by a Wardancer. Off she went with a ringing head but Caractacus failed a dodge roll on his way to the ball and the Norse were suddenly looking at a chance to regain some honour. Spurred on by this new chance, a Werewolf trampled a rookie Elf to death before the rest of the team pushed over all the Elves that they could reach and then picked the ball up. The Elf turn ended almost as soon as it had begun when Boadicea failed yet another Leap and went crashing to the ground. The Norse pushed down towards the Elf endzone until a heroic line-elf blitzed the ball-carrier. Unfortunately for the Elves, no-one could pick it up and in the next Norse turn the defending line-elf had his jaw broken before the Norse runner grabbed the ball and walked in a consolation touchdown with one turn to go. I set up to take advantage of the kick-off event that could let me score a TD in one turn but it didn't happen so I settled for mugging the Norse mercenaries on the line of scrimmage. The Norse returned the favour managing to injure a Wardancer with a  last second foul before ending their turn and the match.

My catcher levelled to 6 and rolled doubles so he now has Nerves of Steel. The Norse levelled a lineman. There were no injuries on the Viking bench but the Elves suffered one death, two who will miss the next game and two non-serious injuries.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 04:21:03 PM

Yeah, Nuffle usually does one of two things with me: fuck me over royally with the occasional token block/injury, or let's all my blocks go off smashingly.

Today's game was the former  sad

The tl;dr version of what Iain posted: 1800 TV Wood Elfs, along with a hating crowd and blessed by Nuffle beat Norse team that had 3 Mercs and bad rolls at all the wrong times.  HUGE SURPRISE  why so serious?

So, with all that said, new rule for the rest of my games: I'm done trying to play the ball with Norse.  I'm just going to kill everyone else first, then maybe score a TD at some point.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 04:46:54 PM

You kind of got the 2 extremes in your first two matches, I have to imagine you'll match up better against most of your remaining opponents, rats especially (though not sure how much tackle you've got for the GRs.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 05:24:14 PM

(though not sure how much tackle you've got for the GRs.)

My heavy-hitter 'zerks and wolfmen are more developed than my linemen at this point, and they were advanced so that they would hit harder (assuming, of course, Nuffle would actually LET THEM HIT WITH THE RIGHT FUCKING DICE  Shaking fist). 

That said, of what Linemen I have, once has Kick, another has +1 AGI (who was actually the one that performed that sweet interception at the end of the 1st half), and the one I got today picked up Tackle.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: June 18, 2012, 11:35:06 PM

Hey Paelos, I'll be home in about 55min if you'll still be around to play then?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 11:56:25 PM

Hey Paelos, I'll be home in about 55min if you'll still be around to play then?

It will be 3:30 am his time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 11:59:12 PM

Oh. I dunno how we are going to get this game played. Maybe Wednesday P time, or Sunday again if I'm lucky...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:00:49 AM by lamaros »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 08:04:19 AM

I think our best chance is for us to play in the morning your time. I believe that 8AM in Australia is 6PM my local time. That means we could probably get in a game on your Sunday morning, my Saturday night.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 03:31:59 PM

I'm leaving for Ireland June 21st.  Will be gone for about a week.

UGH! Can we play tomorrow? It's actually the 21st so I guess no. But maybe US-time morning?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 03:43:12 PM

Yeah, I should be free next two days till I leave in the evening of the 21st.  Just message me on steam.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: June 19, 2012, 11:56:54 PM

I think our best chance is for us to play in the morning your time. I believe that 8AM in Australia is 6PM my local time. That means we could probably get in a game on your Sunday morning, my Saturday night.

I'll try to be around at 8am tomorrow (your Wednesday afternoon/evening).
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 06:25:59 AM

Ok I'll try to get home quickly.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 12:52:44 PM

Yeah, there's no way I'm getting out of work by then, lamaros. I won't be back at my place until at least 9 your time. We'll have to gun for the weekend.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 03:00:39 PM

No worries. We can try for 9 my time if you like? I have a pretty flexible start to today it turns out.

Edit: Online now and can probably be available for the next 3 hours.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:15:47 PM by lamaros »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 05:43:37 PM

Ok I just sent you a message.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 06:11:40 PM

Whalers fall to the Presidents 0-3.  Despite the score and the massive TV difference, with Morg on the human side that game was definitely winnable with a catcher-dodging-a-2d-hit or two and some (any?) chaos failures to pick up the ball.  Also, someone kill Franklin Pierce, kk thx (I probably should have lightning-bolted his ass instead of fireballing his group, come to think of it - maybe that would have got him).

My gut feeling (haven't checked stats yet) is I got horribly lucky with the injury dice on this one - I was certainly pretty fearful of the chaos machine and I took a lot of hits.  The +1 MV catcher momentarily died but was saved by the apothecary.   The other (level 1) catcher got a -AV injury and someone else got a random niggling injury.  All in all, I'm glad my first two games are over with no deaths and now the humans can fight some soft(er) opponents.

I'll let Ruvaldt upload it.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:15:00 PM by proudft »
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 06:20:48 PM

Ex-Presidents 3 - 0 Whalers

Morg was a thorn in my side the entire game and really was worth the inducement cost.  Proudft very nearly came out of the first half with a TD, but I was able to deliver a knockdown and get the ball into Pierce's hands.  After that I possessed the ball most of the game, but it was quite hairy the entire time.  Even with my guard and block advantage I only managed seven knockdowns according to BBManager, and Proudft got the same.

Franklin Pierce scored a personal record of three TDs after getting a pass from Thomas Jefferson late in the game.  Truman very nearly killed a man, and also inflicted the other two injuries that the Whalers sustained.  Fillmore wasn't able to pull anything off and even ended up getting badly injured by Morg in the second half.  Sadly, Morg also won MVP.

The numbers:

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #57 on: June 20, 2012, 06:39:34 PM

Fark, not looking to meeting Ex-Presidents this season...  ACK!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 07:04:25 PM

Farrrrkkkk...

And I'm out of the finals race.

A huge mistake at half time, when I went to defrost my freezer and forgot to use the bribe to keep my chainsaw on the field, probably cost me the win.

I had him to 4 on the pitch at half time (8 after) and 5 on the pitch at full time. Didn't go for the score in the first half as I wanted to save a bribe and keep Looney on (oops) as well as give him fewer KO rolls, and went for it too late in the second, with a dodge blitz taking down my ball carrier without a chance to make the line and get the ball. Goblin throwing game, unsurprisingly, didn't come up with the goods.

I was pretty lucky in other areas though, so oh well.

Note: Stats don't indicate the other players that I took out with fouls (2 more injuries, maybe a KO or two).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 07:24:40 PM by lamaros »
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 21, 2012, 08:45:24 AM

7 Deadly tie with the Camp-town OrcBoyz 0-0.

I made a couple play errors that probably felt more serious than they were, but Swiftblade did a great job in the face of a 770 TV deficit using his high strength and star players to shut down most any running play I tried to make.

I opted to start the game by kicking off, underestimating how quickly my wall of Sauruses would get knocked down and KO'd underneath the slowly-advancing Orcish cage. A few heroic Skinks, however, held the line just long enough for a precision strike to open up the cage from behind and catch the ball carrier with a diving tackle moments before the OrcBoyz would have surely broken through for a score.

Most of my Sauruses woke up as the halftime buzzer sounded. The Orc team was setting up for a slightly unusual defense for a bash team, concentrating his strength on the sides instead of the center. It was just the right play to make against my sideline-loving Lizards, though, forcing the whole of my strength into the middle of the field where the Orcs could turn the game into a bashfest. The 'Boyz recovered the ball for a couple turns but not before the pitch was too much of a mess for them to form up a proper cage, and a wall of Skinks soon overran the carrier and broke away for the endzone. Not wanting to risk a GFI for the score, I left my ball-carrying Skink in range of a blitz from one of the OrcBoyz Blitzers, and soon regretted the decision. The Orcs stunned the carrier and screened the ball well enough that I couldn't get a second Skink through to recover, and the buzzer sounded with the ball just inches away from the endzone.

In other news, I've hit spiralling expenses. Time to cull for real, I guess. Bye bye Pruflas!
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:39 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself. 0-0 draw, but both had a good shot at scoring and failed.

His 5 rerolls v my 2 really made a huge difference. The large TV difference really showed, but with such a big difference it did mean I got 2 large star players which nearly made up for it.

By the end of the first half he had 1 injury and 3 KOs to my 1 injury (-1MA to a Black Orc!). Alas, all, but 1 got back up again. I decided to put big guys at the end to force a middle play and think it actually worked. Had my team had any speed, dodge or passing play I probably could've scored once I managed to get the ball, but being so slow, cumbersome and unagile all I could hope for was to force a draw.

Was a good and tense match, results below.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #61 on: June 21, 2012, 10:51:44 AM

Two 0-0 draw in a row? We're putting Euro 2012 to shame!

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 10:19:11 PM

2-0 HHB over the helmets, abetted by gruntle's mondo terrible dice and HHB's tons of block.  gruntle almost scored at the end of the first half with a perfect dodge out of two diving tackle skinks into a pass over the heads of more skinks and saurii into a chaos warrior, but didn't notice the lateness of the half and forgot to GFI.  i managed to injure a beastman, but nothing permanent - lots of KOs and shoving dudes out.  gruntle was a good sport even when things went super south, so big kudos to him.

match is uploaded.
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 22, 2012, 02:12:27 PM

My Nifty Helmet's met Drogg's Hunqa-Hunqa-BurningLuvs in a fairly lopsided match (in that it was both fair and TV balanced, but the game was entirely one-sided), wherein my helmets experienced the burning love (in the tennis sense? as in their score was the goose egg, not just in the it now hurts when they pee sense) as Drogg's hunks flamboyantly dropped a deuce (not in the tennis usage -- which would be a tie -- but in the defecated all over my team's ineffectual efforts to stop them from posting two points sense...) to easily carry off the victory.

Drogg's skinks even made a successful pass to score, which I believe made that skink the only player to level this game.
No one died.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:13:03 PM by Gruntle »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #64 on: June 23, 2012, 01:01:37 PM

Minizillas 4 - Zellar DwellarZ 2

My coach prescribed a healthy dose of rat masturbation as the pre-game warmup, thinking the rats would be loosened up and relaxed. Unfortunately, rats are notoriously furious masturbators, so the pre-game sausage stroking left their arms feeling like jelly. That's the only explanation I can give for the shit passing that went on. With two throwers on the pitch, I thought for sure I'd have no problems passing. Out of 7 passes, 1 was successful by a thrower, a short nothing pass that did lead to a gutter runner later scoring a TD. The only other successful pass was a long bomb by a linerat with no SPP whatsoever that lead to my 2nd TD. Every other throw was a comedy of errors. The throwers, who even have sure hands, messed up pickup rolls as well. Oh and gutter runners, you know, the guys with dodge, fucked up dodge rolls all day. It didn't help that many of the Minizillas' Sauruses had tackle as well.

Even with the bad rolls, I could have pulled in with a draw, but it was not to be. A desperation blitz on turn 15 at a ball-carrying skink on the sidelines flanked by two sauruses failed due to a dodge roll. The dice weren't overall terrible to me. I actually had good block dice, taking two of his sauruses out of the game for a good chunk of time with well done blocks. But not being able to really get any sort of plays going thanks to the passing foibles really killed any momentum I had.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 23, 2012, 01:52:19 PM

The Minizilla's 4 - 2 Zellar Dwellerz

Haemish made a decent attempt at recovering from the fuck ups that are his throwers gifting me a touchdown on his drive twice but at the end of the day the superior strength advantage of the lizards meant he couldn't stop me scoring on my drives and therefore the match was decided by those 2 passing fail turnovers.

Haemish did a surprisingly good job of taking my Saurus' out of the game (thankfully only to KO's) but was not able to really hurt my skinks so I kept 11 players on the pitch for each drive and though things started well for me on the injury count, scoring 2 casualties in the first 3 turns after that armour breaks were much rarer and when they did occur it was only for the odd KO so both teams were facing each other at full strength or close to it each drive.

Was a good match that the dice behaved better in the second half where we drew 2 - 2 but the nuffle love was definately missing for Haemish in the first half and that was the deciding factor in the end.

Match is uploaded to BBmanager

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:12 PM

We ready yet ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #67 on: June 26, 2012, 04:35:33 AM

We're waiting on Falconeer v Teleku and Avaia v Bann.

I need an update on when those matches are going to be played or they'll be forfeited.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: June 26, 2012, 05:37:45 AM

Really sorry for the delay. Me and Teleku missed a couple good windows before he left for his Euro trip. I am going to give him my maximum availability as soon as he comes back, and that should be tomorrow if I remember correctly.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: June 26, 2012, 01:58:09 PM

Bannnnn?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 2  
Jump to: