Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:00:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  (Read 59841 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:53 AM

In one of my other leagues I am benching Jordy Nelson in favor of Sidney Rice. That should insure Nelson has a big day.

I would never bench Nelson in favor of Rice.  Never.

This week, ESPN ranks Nelson 16th.  Rice is ranked 46th. 

If you're right, you have better inside info than I do.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #106 on: October 11, 2012, 11:16:47 AM

Rice has emerged as a favorite of Wilson's and is going against a mediocre defense (and is playing at home). Nelson has been invisible all year and is going against one of the best defenses in the league. It probably won't be more than a point or two either way, but it will make the Seahawks game that much more interesting for me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 11, 2012, 11:19:48 AM

Rice has emerged as a favorite of Wilson's and is going against a mediocre defense (and is playing at home). Nelson has been invisible all year and is going against one of the best defenses in the league. It probably won't be more than a point or two either way, but it will make the Seahawks game that much more interesting for me.

I agree that the Seahawks DB's are probably the best (as a unit) in the league.  I just have faith that Rogers will still be able to get Nelson the ball on a consistent basis.  The offense has an advantage and despite their record, Rogers is good. 

As for the points difference, you're likely right.  If it makes the game more fun, that's probably worth it. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: October 11, 2012, 11:13:55 PM

JV league beware:  I have just picked up Tim Tebow.  Pretty sure Jesus is going to let him score touchdowns pretty soon.

(and that's how badly my roster is being decimated this year)

Hey, I tried trading for Rodgers. :D I was going to dump like three players on you for him!

I know, but it isn't like I could ever consider trading him for reals.  I like him too much as both a human being, a football player and a fantasy QB. 

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #109 on: October 14, 2012, 07:02:02 PM

I just put Rodgers on the bench in favor of Rapeyburger because Rodgers is going against the Houston D.

I may be gloriously wrong, but I've lost all faith in GB this year.

Nice move, jackass.  Facepalm

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 14, 2012, 07:06:57 PM

Yep, I did the same thing today. Finally started Luck over Vick. Terrible decision. I still beat Haem though. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Edit: Although you REALLY fucked up, Paelos.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:04:04 PM by MuffinMan »

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
WayAbvPar

Reply #111 on: October 14, 2012, 07:48:44 PM

I agree that the Seahawks DB's are probably the best (as a unit) in the league.  I just have faith that Rogers will still be able to get Nelson the ball on a consistent basis.  The offense has an advantage and despite their record, Rogers is good.  

As for the points difference, you're likely right.  If it makes the game more fun, that's probably worth it.  

I was feeling pretty damned smug when Rice caught that game winning TD. Watching SNF, not quite so smug. At least I started Nelson in my head to head league  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #112 on: October 15, 2012, 09:20:25 AM

Yep, I did the same thing today. Finally started Luck over Vick. Terrible decision. I still beat Haem though. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Edit: Although you REALLY fucked up, Paelos.

Yeah, just about everybody I started had a down week over their projections. I had nothing on my bench that could have made up the difference. But luckily Hernandez is back, and his points are usually pretty reliable.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:44 AM

Picked 3 of 13 this week.  I told you that I was struggling with the picks. 

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: October 15, 2012, 10:29:32 AM

I just put Rodgers on the bench in favor of Rapeyburger because Rodgers is going against the Houston D.

I almost made that exact same choice, but against better judgement I did not. I'm a lot happier about the gamble now as that will likely be the difference of winning or not as in all my leagues it will be a point margin of less than 10 with Rodgers starting instead of Big Ben.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: October 15, 2012, 03:25:34 PM

Thanks for that!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:17 PM

What If
    If Roosters played Wiseau's Revenge every week, they would be 4-2 this season.
    If they played the same schedule as Wiseau's Revenge, Roosters would be 3-2.
    Roosters would be 43-23 if they played every team every week.

6-0.  Just win baby.  cool

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 22, 2012, 01:37:01 AM

I'm feeling awfully smug at having smartly picked up Chris Johnson on waivers this week.  That said, I fully expect him to wet the bed over coming weeks.  It was Buffalo, after all.

Picked up Deshean Jackson, too.  Figure that miserable car-fire of a team they have in Philly has to have some kind of turnaround offensively if Vick can learn to stop shitting himself long enough to get the ball to his playmakers.  And it isn't like he can do worse than that worthless son-of-a-bitch Kenny Britt.

Also, Victor Cruz is a stud.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #118 on: October 22, 2012, 07:11:16 AM

I'm doing well in Shiz's other league, doing shitty in this league.

The Baltimore defense has to ride the pine now. They are done unless they get a favorable matchup. WAY too many injuries. That -6 points cost me the matchup this week.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: October 22, 2012, 07:23:58 AM

I'm feeling awfully smug at having smartly picked up Chris Johnson on waivers this week.  That said, I fully expect him to wet the bed over coming weeks.  It was Buffalo, after all.

Picked up Deshean Jackson, too.  Figure that miserable car-fire of a team they have in Philly has to have some kind of turnaround offensively if Vick can learn to stop shitting himself long enough to get the ball to his playmakers.  And it isn't like he can do worse than that worthless son-of-a-bitch Kenny Britt.

Also, Victor Cruz is a stud.

Yeah, I wanted to pick up both but it was rather awkward lineup wise. Johnson you just keep stashed if you can afford the space, which shouldn't be too hard.

beer geek.
WayAbvPar

Reply #120 on: October 22, 2012, 09:09:58 AM

I was out all day long Saturday..came home and went straight to bed without checking my lineups. Woke up at 9:58AM PDT, which was too late to change anything. I doubt I would have done much against Nebu's horde anyway, but starting two late scratches didn't help. Sigh.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 22, 2012, 06:22:44 PM

I was due for a whooping, and a whooping I received.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: October 23, 2012, 06:41:53 AM

I was due for a whooping, and a whooping I received.

Not that I can fault you, but I'm glad you didn't play Fitzpatrick or that would have been a close one.

And Nebu takes the lead with a monster point total.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:30:14 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 23, 2012, 08:00:39 AM

And Nebu takes the lead with a monster point total.

I'm one injury away from going 0-6 the next 6 games.  I take nothing for granted.

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #124 on: October 23, 2012, 12:59:45 PM

If you had only traded me RG3 I might be a factor in this fucking league. Matt Stafford can suck my cock.  What a disaster of a draft choice.

I have never played WoW.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #125 on: October 23, 2012, 01:01:37 PM

Huh. I just remembered that I joined a league this year with some friends.  I haven't looked at anything about it up until today.  Apparently I'm 3-3 and in second place in my division.   awesome, for real
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 23, 2012, 02:16:24 PM

If you had only traded me RG3 I might be a factor in this fucking league. Matt Stafford can suck my cock.  What a disaster of a draft choice.

I'm thinking that holding onto him was the best move.  Nobody would give me what he's worth in terms of point improvements, so it's best to just keep him for when NO plays a tough defense.

-  Mark Twain
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:53 AM

So putting Doug Martin on the bench this week was a mistake.  Gods dammit.  I just had this feeling that I was making a mistake putting Reggie Bush in his place, but how much difference could it really be?  Fuck.  36 points.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 07:47:07 AM

So putting Doug Martin on the bench this week was a mistake.  Gods dammit.  I just had this feeling that I was making a mistake putting Reggie Bush in his place, but how much difference could it really be?  Fuck.  36 points.

Well, to be 100% fair, we don't know what Bush has or hasn't done yet! Who knows!

(I benched Martin in one league and started him in another, myself. So, I understand.)

beer geek.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 12:33:13 PM

I benched him.  No way Turner outperforms that 32pt explosion.

I have never played WoW.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #130 on: October 27, 2012, 02:41:45 PM

Can't decide if I want to start Vick Ballard or Josh Gordon in my flex.

Bah.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: October 29, 2012, 09:31:13 AM

While I'm happy with the win this week after last week's bullshit loss, that does suck. Especially since you had the game won until the garbage time touchdown to Graham.

I went into the game really worried, thinking that when the most logical thing for a team to do is start Josh Gordon in the flex you know that team is in trouble (MJD and Murray being injured, Steve Smith against my defense would have been a double-edged sword if he found the endzone so he was benched as well, and not trusting Hartline when he's expected to be up against Cromartie).

WayAbvPar

Reply #132 on: October 29, 2012, 10:17:30 AM

Scored 110, lost.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #133 on: October 29, 2012, 11:22:42 AM

Lost by two points because I dressed Dreesen over Graham, since Graham was a "game time decision" and I didn't have the time to sit in front of a pregame show monitoring the douche. Also, I had McGahee and Thomas for Denver, only needed the two points with 8 minutes to go, and that was the point Denver shut down all the starters.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #134 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:18 PM

I checked less than 20 minutes before the game and Graham was a still a GTD so it wouldn't have helped.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: October 30, 2012, 12:22:49 AM

While I'm happy with the win this week after last week's bullshit loss, that does suck. Especially since you had the game won until the garbage time touchdown to Graham.

I went into the game really worried, thinking that when the most logical thing for a team to do is start Josh Gordon in the flex you know that team is in trouble (MJD and Murray being injured, Steve Smith against my defense would have been a double-edged sword if he found the endzone so he was benched as well, and not trusting Hartline when he's expected to be up against Cromartie).

Yeah, well, I think besides Gronkowski, everyone else on my roster managed to underperform.  I was sure I had it in the bag...up by 50 points, with two players left to go against your three. 

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #136 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:34 AM

Philip Rivers is completely tanking my season.  I have no QB.

Ohh well, I've won with Matt Leinart before.

-Rasix
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:06 PM

I decided to play Doug Martin this week.  Seems it was a good choice.

WayAbvPar

Reply #138 on: November 05, 2012, 12:48:08 AM

I was trying to trade for him on Thursday, but the other owner didn't respond yet. Pretty sure he is going to ask for a lot more now  Heartbreak

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #139 on: November 05, 2012, 06:55:42 AM

I decided to play Doug Martin this week.  Seems it was a good choice.

I benched him again.  Ouch.  I can win with 12pts from Celek, though.

I have never played WoW.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  
Jump to: