Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  (Read 59284 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #70 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:22 AM

I think you're going to see a lot more running. Atlanta is spectacularly shitty up front on the D line (29th against the run), and the Falcons want desperately to burn clock and keep the ball out of Peyton's hands.

Falcons are without a starting CB. Peyton will have around 300 and 3TDs. (And possibly 1 INT.) I'm expecting something like 34-31, with Broncos edging out Falcons because of Prater.

How'd that work out?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:00 PM

All I have to say is Fuck You, Tony Gonzalez.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #72 on: September 18, 2012, 12:10:45 PM

It is still early yet but we have some interesting players stats versus how our draft went so far.

#1 draft Aaron Rodgers is #21 in points so far.  Matt Ryan is #1 in points, but he was drafted #34 and the 5th QB.

Nebu drafted RGIII in the 9th round after taking Brees in the first round.  I wouldn't want that sit/start decision facing me every week, but it will probably be the best value in the draft, by far.  I am just not sure Nebu will reap the benefits since he can only play one of them.

Looking at RBs, CJ Spiller is crushing it with over 52 points.  Vinegar Strokes grabbed him in the 9th round as his 4th RB.  He benched Spiller in Week 1 but learned quickly from that (hindsight) mistake.

The leading WRs so far do not match our league's draft opinion.  I grabbed the current #1, Demaryus Thomas, in the 5th round.  The three WRs who went in the 1st round are sucking it right now (probably in no small part due to the refereeing).  Only Julio Jones is in the top 25 (at #10).  Megatron and Fitzgerald owners are suffering horrific QB performances so far.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:58:08 PM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #73 on: September 18, 2012, 12:16:50 PM

I feel like I got a pretty solid steal with Frank Gore right now in the 5th round.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:32 PM

All I have to say is Fuck You, Tony Gonzalez.

I had written the game off as a loss.  When I checked at halftime, I saw that Christmas had come early.

I still need to be fired... I had McGahee and RGIII riding the pine.   

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 01:25:09 PM

Vinegar Strokes
   93.91    FinalRecap
Murdoc's Bandwagon

Sorry Murdoc  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 18, 2012, 02:15:08 PM

Shaking fist

I was watching that score as the game was going on, and getting more and More and MORE annoyed.

Then, Manning gives me a little hope and can't get me one more lousy point. I actually thought I had enough of a lead going into Monday night that I was going to be ok.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 18, 2012, 04:36:00 PM

I'm just being destroyed in this league.  0-2 and I'm first in points against, that's bad juju   swamp poop
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #78 on: September 24, 2012, 04:58:42 PM

I need Green Bay to get creamed and Rodgers to not go bonkers.  I find it funny I can even with either of my games with the performances I got (especially the QBs.. shit), and also considering I started Jonathan Stewart. I seriously forgot he was even on my team.

-Rasix
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 24, 2012, 05:04:17 PM

I need to remember who's who so I know who to talk shit to.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 24, 2012, 05:20:34 PM

Looks like either me or WUP will get screwed over this week.

Hopefully him evil

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #81 on: September 24, 2012, 09:21:35 PM

I did not deserve to win that.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #82 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:00 PM

Neither did Seattle.  awesome, for real

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #83 on: September 25, 2012, 07:02:27 AM

Attack Monkies Regret Tracker

Did not start Ben Roethlisberger, who led the league in scoring with 43.00 points.
Left Jacquizz Rodgers on the bench, where he exceeded his scoring projection by a league-leading 342.6%.
Left Titus Young on the bench, where he scored 14.00 points and beat his projected point total by 149.1%, the ninth-highest percentage in the league this week.
7 of the starters on Attack Monkies underperformed versus their projections.
The Baltimore Ravens Defense had the lowest point total in the matchup with -1.00 point.

Facepalm

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #84 on: September 25, 2012, 09:30:17 AM

Attack Monkies Regret Tracker

Did not start Ben Roethlisberger, who led the league in scoring with 43.00 points.
Left Jacquizz Rodgers on the bench, where he exceeded his scoring projection by a league-leading 342.6%.
Left Titus Young on the bench, where he scored 14.00 points and beat his projected point total by 149.1%, the ninth-highest percentage in the league this week.
7 of the starters on Attack Monkies underperformed versus their projections.
The Baltimore Ravens Defense had the lowest point total in the matchup with -1.00 point.

Facepalm

I really love this new feature.  By the way, the Bloomberg Sit/Start tool may look cool but it is bad at making close calls so use it with a grain of salt.  Next week I will write about what it recommends for this coming weekend, why I disagree, and then what happened.

Spartacus Lover Regret Tracker

Michael Turner was left on the bench, where he bested his expected 7.81-point total by putting up 15.07 points.
    The TE position was a letdown for Spartacus Lover, where they were outscored 12.03 - 3.40 by Murdoc's Bandwagon.
    Doug Martin did not meet his 11.59-point projection this week, the first time that's happened this season. His 7.70 points were also a season-low.
    With a season-low 3.40 points versus a projected 6.75, Brent Celek failed to meet his projection for the first time this season.
    Brandon LaFell had a season-low 2.30 points against a projected 5.19 and scored below his projection for the first time this season.

I have never played WoW.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:11 PM

To those of you in the main f13 league: RGIII is on the trading block.  I will consider offers that will upgrade healthy starters.  Considering that this league is dominated by QB scoring, I don't want more bench depth.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 10:01:44 AM

Let's use this week to check out the Bloomberg Sit/Start tool.  Here are the ratings on all my players.  These ratings are supposed to make players of different positions comparable from a fantasy scoring perspective.

Stafford: 79.4
Ponder 60.2

First question: Why does PPR or non-PPR matter for the QB position?  I am not aware of any PPR league that rewards QBs for completions.

WR
Fitzgerald: 70.2
Demaryius Thomas: 62.4
LaFell: 34.8
S. Moss: 23.7

TE
Celek: 36.4
Pitta: 41.0 > He scored zero pts last night, btw.  I benched him correctly.

RB
Turner: 53.6
Green-Ellis: 58.4
Martin: 67.5

So the best line up according to Bloomberg:

Q:Stafford
W:Fitzgerald
W:Thomas
R: Martin
Flex: Green-Ellis
TE: Pitta

Reality as I see it: Jacksonville and Carolina have delivered horrific run defense so far.  That would favor Green-Ellis and Turner in a traditional fantasy ranking.  Martin is up against the Redskins which is holding fantasy RBs to small gains so far.  Martin's best week so far was against the Panthers for 13 pts.  The Bengals have a better balanced offense that Tampa Bay so I would expect Green-Ellis to be more successful than Martin's best effort so far.  Green-Ellis only delivered 7pts against the Redskins, but he delivered 16pts vs the Ravens.  No way I am playing Martin this week.

FWIW, the free Scouting Report that Yahoo gives us ranks my RBs this way for the week: #7 Turner, #11 Green-Ellis and #14 Turner.  Maybe I have just been trained over the years to think like the "experts" that produce these rankings.  Yahoo wants to try and sell this Bloomberg tool but my experience so far - and I have been playing with it all season - is that it misses a lot of key variables that matter in fantasy. 

My WR situation is crystal clear so this tool is not going to help me much there.  

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:06:07 AM by shiznitz »

I have never played WoW.
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 10:15:44 AM

First question: Why does PPR or non-PPR matter for the QB position?  I am not aware of any PPR league that rewards QBs for completions.

They could TECHNICALLY have a reception on a fleaflicker, etc.

beer geek.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 11:19:31 AM

They could TECHNICALLY have a reception on a fleaflicker, etc.

True but that likelihood is way too low to explain the size of the change in QB scores between the two options.

I have never played WoW.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 28, 2012, 11:20:21 AM

Pitta didn't score a point iirc.  So goes my waiver gem so far.   why so serious?

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #90 on: October 02, 2012, 08:45:46 AM

Let's use this week to check out the Bloomberg Sit/Start tool.  Here are the ratings on all my players.  These ratings are supposed to make players of different positions comparable from a fantasy scoring perspective.

Stafford: 79.4 >> Correct
Ponder 60.2

WR  >>>  Correct
Fitzgerald: 70.2 
Demaryius Thomas: 62.4
LaFell: 34.8
S. Moss: 23.7

TE
Celek: 36.4
Pitta: 41.0 > He scored zero pts last night, btw.  I benched him correctly.

RB  >>> The Sit/Start tool got this ranking exactly backwards.
Turner: 53.6
Green-Ellis: 58.4
Martin: 67.5

If I had benched Turner, I would have been destroyed.  I hereby consider this tool not worth much. 

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: October 03, 2012, 07:32:40 AM

I love these recaps

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #92 on: October 03, 2012, 07:41:40 AM

I get Nebu this week.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Brees is played SD, and his D is playing Buffalo.  Facepalm

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 03, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

I get Nebu this week.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Brees is played SD, and his D is playing Buffalo.  Facepalm

I think that you have the better team and will clobber me this week. Greg Jennings is hurt and Jackson/Murray are on BYE.  Not that Demarco Murray is worth a damn anyway.   

-  Mark Twain
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: October 09, 2012, 02:53:00 PM

Reggie Wayne, my personal Jesus.  Grin

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #95 on: October 09, 2012, 02:55:01 PM

As expected, Brees owned me in the face. Colston kicked me while I was down.

Fucking SD defense is wretched. That whole division sucks ass.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 04:18:58 PM

If anyone isn't up to managing their team I'll gladly take over.

Miss playing with you guys.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:41 PM

JV league beware:  I have just picked up Tim Tebow.  Pretty sure Jesus is going to let him score touchdowns pretty soon.

(and that's how badly my roster is being decimated this year)

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 11, 2012, 08:32:59 AM

JV league beware:  I have just picked up Tim Tebow.  Pretty sure Jesus is going to let him score touchdowns pretty soon.

(and that's how badly my roster is being decimated this year)

Hey, I tried trading for Rodgers. :D I was going to dump like three players on you for him!

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #99 on: October 11, 2012, 08:40:08 AM

I just put Rodgers on the bench in favor of Rapeyburger because Rodgers is going against the Houston D.

I may be gloriously wrong, but I've lost all faith in GB this year.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 11, 2012, 08:48:08 AM

I just put Rodgers on the bench in favor of Rapeyburger because Rodgers is going against the Houston D.

Tough call, though may be a good call.  With Jennings out and no running game, GB may have a tough time with Houston.

-  Mark Twain
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 09:02:48 AM

I don't think you should lose faith for the whole year, but yeah, even I'm not optimistic enough to think he'll have a good game against Houston. Their blocking has been shit, Jennings AND Benson are out so their running game is on James Starks (oft-injured) and a 2nd year guy who missed most of last year with an injury. Their wideouts are still great, but I think they aren't using Driver enough because of his age and it's showing. Their O line has been SHIT at pass protection, and will likely get skullfucked by JJ Swat. Rodgers is going to be running for his fucking life.

But after that, it's 3 straight games against The Rams, the Jags and Arizona - only one of those has a good D and they don't have an offense to take the pressure off. If they can't score 30+ points in at least 2 of those games, the Pack are in serious trouble.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: October 11, 2012, 09:06:40 AM

You can lose all the faith in the whole team as you want, but you only care about the player in this case. That being said, Tennessee is TERRIBLE against the pass, so it's not a totally weird call. Rothlisberger will probably be a top 5 QB this week. But, he's no Rodgers.

Edit: Keep in mind, that as bad as Tennessee is, Pittsburgh will probably enjoy a lead for all the game, and with Mendy back, it will probably be mostly runs.

James Jones and Cobb have played really well for them, so he has the targets. The running game, we'll see if the committee of Green and Starks can be as good as Benson has been for them. ("Good" here used in relative terms.)

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #103 on: October 11, 2012, 10:55:17 AM

Oh I'm not dropping him down forever, I just would never had considered benching my #1 pick against the Steel Curtain, let alone an upstart defense. It's a sign of the times for Green Bay that it's even a question in my head.

WayAbvPar

Reply #104 on: October 11, 2012, 11:11:03 AM

In one of my other leagues I am benching Jordy Nelson in favor of Sidney Rice. That should insure Nelson has a big day.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  
Jump to: