Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:48:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  (Read 59289 times)
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 06:25:09 PM

Gonna be out of town on business for draft night  Sad Panda

Then again, that may be the best thing that's ever happened to my team.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 02:15:33 PM

Draft night tonight, 7:30 pm CST! Don't forget or get auto-drafted 3 kickers.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 02:21:12 PM

Draft night tonight, 7:30 pm CST! Don't forget or get auto-drafted 3 kickers.

I am dreading tonight.  This is the least prepared that I've ever been and I'm stuck at work for a while.  Tavaris Jackson is good, right?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 02:22:11 PM

Well he was just traded, so he must be good because that means a team wanted him! why so serious?
WayAbvPar

Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 02:39:01 PM

As usual, I can't get the fucking draft window to load. Fuck Yahoo.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 06:21:21 PM

Haemish what do you think of your team?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 08:51:12 PM

Haemish what do you think of your team?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I cannot fucking believe I FORGOT THE FUCKING DRAFT. What a fucking day I had.

2 kickers, a Cleveland WR, 2 TE's, Maurice Fucking I Want to Hold Out Jones-Fucking Drew and Alex FUCKING Smith as my backup QB. Really?

I want to find the auto-draft software engineer and skullfuck him in front of his mother. I had to pick up Nate Burleson, Christian Ponder and Mark Ouchies My Everything Ingram to make up for that shit.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:50 AM

I was looking forward to reading your reaction this morning.  We all were.   There was much snickering as the autopicker did its magic for you last night.

The best part is that a few posts up you reminded everyone about the draft!

I have never played WoW.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:30 AM

I want to find the auto-draft software engineer and skullfuck him in front of his mother.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 06:12:47 AM

As usual, I can't get the fucking draft window to load. Fuck Yahoo.

I had issues with this as well.  I just kept trying and trying and eventually it worked.  I tried turning off all firewalls and AV/adware crap and while that did not immediately solve the problem, somehow it launched.

I have never played WoW.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 06:13:50 AM

I want to find the auto-draft software engineer and skullfuck him in front of his mother.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

It clearly lacks any sensitivity to BYE week concentration.

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 09:25:44 AM

oh shit, this was last night.

I'm afraid to look...

edit: 2 Kickers, oh good. Pretty mediocre team I ended up with imo. My quest to not come in dead last doesn't start well when I can't even remember to draft. Two QBs, one that didn't play last season and one who was fucking brutal for the last 12 games of the season. McFadden is good if he stays healthy, but I don't have much in RB past that. Couple of good TEs (oh good), some middle of the road WRs and a defense I don't know anything about.

Go Bastards.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:37:37 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 09:47:08 AM

McFadden is good if he stays healthy

He won't.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yeah, me forgetting was just terrible. I was so tired and punch drunk from dealing with Joomla/CSS issues all day (issues that I had correctly pointed out in the goddamn design phase but nobody wanted to hear my cynicism because DESIGN! FONTS! DESIGN!) that I sat down with the wife and watched all of Hotel Hell. The whole draft left my head like 2 seconds after I posted.

The auto-draft seems to place a lot of emphasis on having 2 of every position except defense, even though that's not even remotely necessary.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 09:51:09 AM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 02:31:20 PM

The auto-draft seems to place a lot of emphasis on having 2 of every position except defense, even though that's not even remotely necessary.

I really don't understand the logic of drafting 2 Ks and 2 DEFs.  Maybe Yahoo wants to discourage auto-draftiing, but that doesn't make sense to me.

I have never played WoW.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 28, 2012, 03:00:40 PM

Vick at QB, injured rookie RB and Megatron after a Madden cover. How could it go wrong!

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 08:27:01 AM

Here comes Week 1 and I do not have confidence in my team against The Invalids.  He has Megatron to my Stafford.  He also has Vick who should have a monster game against the laughable Browns.  I don't think Vick will last the season, but he has a few good weeks in him, I expect.  I need Doug Martin (RB - TB) to facestomp in CAR to win this one.

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 11, 2012, 07:12:08 AM

Ok, the Yahoo generated game recaps are actually pretty good.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #53 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28:57 AM

Solid performance by the Attack Monkies in Week 1. I also like the Yahoo generator recaps.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #54 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:53 AM

Yeah I like it but it can sure rub it in, too:

The Invalids was still able to pull out a win with only 3 of their 8 starters exceeding their projected points.

Spartacus Lover would have lost to every other team in the league this week.

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 07:59:12 AM

Game recap feature is indeed awesome.  Very happy to have gotten the win against perennial powerhouse Nebu, thanks to the high-flying Ravens offense (how odd does that sound).

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57:50 AM

Yeah I like it but it can sure rub it in, too:

The Invalids was still able to pull out a win with only 3 of their 8 starters exceeding their projected points.

Spartacus Lover would have lost to every other team in the league this week.
Wish there was something in there about how I benched Trent Richardson for Kevin Smith right before game time. I would have lost if not for that.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 11:50:57 AM

That recap hurt, you cut me deep Paelos
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:05 PM

That recap hurt, you cut me deep Paelos

It was a buzzsaw week for my team.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 06:35:18 AM

I want to draw your attention to the Bloomberg Sit/Start tool at Yahoo!.  It is a little green button on the upper right of the Your Team page.  It will measure two players against each other with a number of different stats.  I have found more interesting than helpful so far as it relies completely on stats and not on more qualitative variables.

For example, it gives Stafford a very slight edge over Cutler this week, but Cutler pretty much shat the bed last night (as I think any FFL regular new he probably would after starting 1-10 last week).

I have never played WoW.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 16, 2012, 02:38:07 PM

It was a buzzsaw week for my team.
The buzzsaw has turned...

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #61 on: September 16, 2012, 02:46:14 PM

I wrote the week off Thursday when my #1 overall pick put up less than 10 points.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #62 on: September 16, 2012, 05:00:47 PM

Larry Fitz, my first draft pick, turns in a second lousy week and Oakland lets the chimps in Miami score 35.  Oh my.

I have never played WoW.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 17, 2012, 02:04:10 AM

Aaron Rodgers scores about 11 points on Thursday, so things were looking pretty grim for me going into yesterday.

Sure glad I put Reggie Bush in my lineup, that sure as hell made up for it  DRILLING AND MANLINESS  Victor Cruz came up pretty big as well.

But WTF Kenny Britt?  I know they are limiting him, but 1 fucking point?  Fuck you, Kenny Britt.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 17, 2012, 05:13:40 AM

Very happy to have gotten the win against perennial powerhouse Nebu...

0 - 2 BABY!

My team needs to fire its manager.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #65 on: September 17, 2012, 06:28:41 AM

Tonight comes down to who Peyton decides to throw to, Thomas (my guy) or Decker.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #66 on: September 17, 2012, 06:34:55 AM

I think you're going to see a lot more running. Atlanta is spectacularly shitty up front on the D line (29th against the run), and the Falcons want desperately to burn clock and keep the ball out of Peyton's hands.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 17, 2012, 07:21:53 AM

I think you're going to see a lot more running. Atlanta is spectacularly shitty up front on the D line (29th against the run), and the Falcons want desperately to burn clock and keep the ball out of Peyton's hands.

Falcons are without a starting CB. Peyton will have around 300 and 3TDs. (And possibly 1 INT.) I'm expecting something like 34-31, with Broncos edging out Falcons because of Prater.

beer geek.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #68 on: September 17, 2012, 08:05:19 AM

0 - 2 BABY!

Don't be hasty.  The #1 fantasy point scorer so far this season is RG3 and you got him in the 9th round.  Yes, it was a gamble, but when they work as well as that one, you should be competitive.  The Jennings injury will be key for you, though.

After this week I will doa short rundown on how players are performing versus where we all drafted them.

I have never played WoW.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 18, 2012, 11:52:33 AM

0 - 2 BABY!

Damn you Haemish. You need to finish that bastard off when he's down like that. 

PS: Thank God for Reggie Bush singlehandedly saving the chicken coop from disaster this weekend. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2012/2013 F13 Fantasy Football  
Jump to: