Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:13:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1  (Read 22894 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 02:53:00 PM

I've validated both of the games so far but I'll be out of town until next Sunday. I'll have a laptop with me but it's a Mac so no Bloodbowl for me.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 05:20:26 PM

I've validated both of the games so far but I'll be out of town until next Sunday. I'll have a laptop with me but it's a Mac so no Bloodbowl for me.

Boot camp, bro, boot camp  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 11:49:20 PM

My Nifty helmets lose to ezrast's 7 Deadlies, 2-1.

The 7 put two points on the scoreboard by the end of the first half, and the Helmets were able to get one point in the second half they didn't successfully steal for the equalization.
In a game without any real injuries (a few badly hurts only) both teams leveled two players, so the TV continues to climb...

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 03, 2012, 12:06:57 AM

Yikes, I didn't realize my TV was so high. Mid-1700s after these levels... still feel like a 1500s team.

Anyway, in a nice match to start the season with, Gruntle and I were both dusting off our season 4 teams and had almost even TV (thanks to my star Skink still recovering from a 9.5-month-old injury somehow). UI troubles and being Chaos meant that the Nifty Helmets couldn't do much about my scampering Skinks, who scored two TDs in the first half, and thankfully the injury dice were kind to me - my lizards got barreled over in the beginning of the second half, and if I were at any sort of numerical disadvantage that could have turned very sour very quickly. Fortunately they held onto the ball long enough afterwards to keep the score at 2-1.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 01:41:34 PM

Had a great match going with Bann; was up by one with the ball in the second half with a pretty good little cage brewing, but got a network sync error and we had to abandon the match.  Need a reset.  Fuck Cyanide.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 01:41:34 PM

Our match pooped out early second half. We were both getting network synch errors after each attempted action. I would click yes twice and it would take my moves, but Ruvaldt would not get anything happening at all for his guys. Can we please get a match reset?

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #41 on: June 04, 2012, 04:10:26 AM

3 Wrestlers - The Pimpernels 0

Going into this game I was thinking that at least one of us will get a win this season.
Nuffle sneezed in my favour  awesome, for real

I didn't do anything that amazing but Sir T had a few things play out really badly.
His wizard only took out the only dwarf in the area.
He fumbled the ball in a few places that made it possible for me to score again.

It could easily have gone the other way if the dice were meaner to me.

Replay uploaded :)

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 04, 2012, 10:18:52 AM

Ramas,

I have a day off work today, need to leave the house at 3:30pm (GMT).

After that will be home all day Tuesday. Ping me if you want to arrange a game.

I'm online tomorrow, but away on holiday till next saturday after that.

By GMT, assume you meant BST btw? It gets important when you up against anyone outside of NA or europe who generally don't do daylight saving.

So, Saturday 9th then?

I tend to just ignore savings time, total waste of messing with my sleep patterns for no discernibly good reason...

Any time good for you?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 04, 2012, 12:11:10 PM

Modern Angel, can you play this weekend?

I *just* got in from a beach vacation today. My schedule is more or less open for the whole week! So pick a time. I'm eastern US
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #44 on: June 04, 2012, 04:49:34 PM

I also am Eastern US. How about Tuesday at 7PM EDT?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #45 on: June 04, 2012, 04:59:39 PM

Teleku was on a family trip on the weekend but we should get our game soon... Right Wood elf buddy? :D

Man, I better get a game in before to get rid of the rust...  awesome, for real
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: June 04, 2012, 05:09:38 PM

I also am Eastern US. How about Tuesday at 7PM EDT?

Sounds boss. Just page me on Steam whenever you get square and I'll hop on.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #47 on: June 04, 2012, 05:12:01 PM

Yeah, I'm back.  I'll just respond to you here rather than PM.  I leave my steam on all day, and am gloriously not working for another month and a half, so just message me any time you want on steam, and I can stop what ever I'm doing.  If you want a specific time (that isn't 3 AM for me), just post it and I'll make sure I'm available.

Also, how did this match up happen to me yet again?  Seriously.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #48 on: June 04, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

Yeah, I'm back.  I'll just respond to you here rather than PM.  I leave my steam on all day, and am gloriously not working for another month and a half, so just message me any time you want on steam, and I can stop what ever I'm doing.  If you want a specific time (that isn't 3 AM for me), just post it and I'll make sure I'm available.

Also, how did this match up happen to me yet again?  Seriously.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I'll just ping you since my time after work should be your happy mornings...

But you've got a faster, better, elfier team now! It'll be different this time...  why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #49 on: June 04, 2012, 05:28:34 PM

Because I got the *other* wood elves. (Eventually.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #50 on: June 06, 2012, 07:45:21 AM

Modern Angel won our game 1-0. The difference maker? He took a chance to break loose late in the second half unprotected, and I tried to break one of my blitzers out of dodge range by smacking a black orc with my Mino. 3 dice roll came up Skull Skull Both Down, Loner failed the reroll, game over. It was a dumb error on my part that sort screwed up an otherwise decently played game after 6 months off.

I did injure something of his, got 60k on my loss money, and leveled up a Chaos warrior. So, it's a pretty solid slogfest moral victory for me.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: June 06, 2012, 02:29:36 PM

Incredibly evenly matched game. Like most of those, it turned on a fluke, in this case the minotaur flub.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: June 06, 2012, 02:42:10 PM

Yep we both took risks. I tried a late half pass I knew would have pretty much no downside since I was bottled. And it didn't work. You took a sideline GFI race unprotected and it did work. I prefer those type of games turning on tactical risks rather than just playing to a tie.

I hate ties.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 09:11:43 AM

Wherefor is my opponent ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:25 PM

I am utterly unsurprised to report that Comstar's Amazons are victorious over my fresh humans, 2-1.  I am surprised to report that it was not a total blowout and no one died.

The Whalers took the entire suite of inducements: Griff the "Star Player" (who was totally not earning his money), a wizard (which I used in a cheap shot to try and score a cheap TD but the amazon both [a.] just fell over and [b.] picked the ball up successfully afterwards), a reroll (which I did end up using in one half), and two bloodweiser babes.

Whalers scored first, then the Amazons drove it back in the first half.   The Catfighters received in the second half and leisurely scored.  Nothing too exciting in the actual game, other than that trying to find an amazon to block without a +1 ST or Guard Amazon in the mix is a pain in the ass.  

Near the end of the game Pip the random lineman was KILLED, but the apothecary dusted himself off and fixed him, mostly.  He has a niggling injury.  Nobody else was hurt so I guess that was worth it.

It's uploaded to the thinger.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: June 07, 2012, 09:39:42 PM

I made a number of mistakes that Proudft took advantage of -the big one being I forgot that any non-elf team can actually pass the ball over my head.  My Sneaky Git lineswomen finally got her 1 skill point she needed for the entire season, meaning she's now going to foul now that she will have dirty player too. A level 5 catcher is now level 6 and another lineswomen with wrestle will probably take tackle. No injuries on my side, so my team EV should now be over 2000.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: June 09, 2012, 05:42:07 AM

Hey Falc. If you're about the next few hours look for me on steam.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: June 09, 2012, 06:10:32 AM

Ramas,

I'm about most of today, you going to be free?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #58 on: June 10, 2012, 07:31:08 AM

Back and validated all the matches that needed it. The Bann v Ruvaldt match has been reset as requested.

Haemish ping me if you see me online and are able to play.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: June 10, 2012, 09:47:29 AM

Ramas,

Still not heard from you or seen you on steam.

I'm about tonight, Monday night and Wednesday night then am on holiday for 8 days. We able to fix a game?

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: June 10, 2012, 12:56:24 PM

Wherefor is my opponent ?

I can't seem to get you to respond on steam so message me here or on steam when you have time to play.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #61 on: June 10, 2012, 01:46:55 PM

IainC and I just played our match and HOLY SHIT, WHAT A GAME.

Zellar DwellarZ 2 - Fianna Chulain 6

This game was much closer than the score would indicate and FULL of bullshit of both the elfy and furry variety. It started with a turn 2 long bomb by my thrower to a gutter runner in the end zone, followed by a 2-turn quick score from Iain's thrower. That became a theme for the game. Me thinking his thrower (with strong arm and AGI 5) was out of range for a possible throw and his thrower making it anyway. Apparently, he can never need more than a 3+ roll. With a catcher that had AGI 5, 9 MA and a few other skills, he only needed one opening to make shit happen. By the half, we had a close contest at 2-2.

He started the 2nd half with the ball and managed a quick score to make it 3-2. I received and got the ball in the hands of my thrower, with a gutter runner flanked by 2 elves down the sidelines. The gutter runner bolted to the end zone, the thrower went down the sidelines to get a throw off, and needing a 5+, I made a scatter launch, which sent the ball out of the endzone and back on the pitch in a place not advantageous to me. Next turn, his thrower picks up the ball, finds his catcher halfway down my end of the pitch and the game was over from there. My dice went to shit and his elves romped.

I make that one throw, it's a whole different game. One of the most exciting games I've played, and worth a look at on replay.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: June 10, 2012, 01:58:50 PM

Well, got thrashed in my first game. 5-1, though at times it was much closer than that.

I got the ball first, despite a blitz (one of the two he got) I smashed through his lines and got my cage to his TD line. I hate being a dick, so I scored instead of caging up until turn 8.

Then he got one of his 2 one-turn TDs with sprinting mover 10 gutter runners... Holy crap, still not sure how to stop those.

Once I was 4-1 down, with limited time I made a crazy passing play, ended up being 5-1 down...

Killed a rat, injured another. Though managed to get 2 injuries in return (gobo, plus blitzer pushed into the crowd).

Good game, was totally out skilled, but enjoyed it.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 10, 2012, 02:02:31 PM

1 - Camp-Town Orc Boyz
5 - Ermine Vermin

First half started very tight, the Orcs received and started beating up rats while moving down the pitch. Injured and KOd a couple - but no critical rats went down. Things really kicked off on turn 6, the Orcs finally scored, kicked back to the Vermin, a pick up in the back field and pass to Cheddar Persille later, the rats were level by the end of turn 6. The Orcs received once again, but this time were unable to gain control in their own back field, the Vermin swarmed the ball and scored a second on turn 8.

Second half, Camp-town kick off again, shorter this time, simple hand off to Cheddar Persille who scores his second, the Rats third. Orcs receive, and begin to establish control in centre. However, Camp town overstretch and push the carrier downfield with just 2 screening orcs, they get swarmed, and after a brief melee the rats emerge with the ball, then quickly outrun the orcs to make it 4-1, though in the process Crunchy Joe (level 1 stormvermin) is killed. Rats kick off, and blitz the orc backfield, bringing the score to 5-1 on turn 15.

Another level for Cheddar Persille and Neville the Nose (2TDs each to reach level 6 and 5 respectively).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 10, 2012, 02:09:31 PM

Will be a couple of days before the match hits BBManager because  I need to work out how the fuck to download it again.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:19 PM

Yeah, that over stretch was a mistake. Was too keen on trying to even the score a little rather than sensible play... Hopefully lesson learnt.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #66 on: June 10, 2012, 02:16:20 PM

Zellar DwellerZ vs Fianna Chulain - Battle of the Bullshit!

The first half was exactly the kind of tense, end-to-end match you'd expect to see from two very fast teams with no defence to speak of. By the time the whistle blew for half-time the score was 2-2 with both sides having scored all but unstoppable touchdowns in a rapid-fire succession of precision passing and running. There had been a couple of KOs but nothing more serious and everyone recovered in time for their oranges ad tea.

Then the second half happened.

It started off badly for the Skaven when the Elves who were receiving scored a one turn TD thanks to a Quick Snap, then it got worse. A Skaven pass went wide and was scooped by the Elves who inevitably turned it into a fourth TD within seconds. Next kick off, the Elves took the ball away from the unsupported thrower but lost it again when they were unable to get their catcher out of danger. The Skaven floored all the Elves within range and held their thrower back while Gutter Runners sprinted down the pitch. Unfortunately one of the Elves in the Skaven half was a Wardancer with Jump Up who vaulted over the heads of the two Skaven who'd just finished mugging her, blitzed the thrower down and then coolly plucked the ball from the astro-granite before walking it over the line to make it 5-2. There were about 3 turns left each and it was vanishingly unlikely that the Skaven could equalise without a very specific set of kick off events but they gamely set up to try anyway. A failed hand-off put the odds of a consolation TD in the second half in dire jeopardy and it looked like it was all over when I got a clear run with my thrower to the ball with a 2+ pass to a Wardancer in the Skaven end-zone. The ratmen were given a sliver of hope when she dropped the catch but it stayed on the pitch in the endzone. The Skaven dashed in to grab it but botched the pickup and they had already burnt a reroll on their Rat Ogre that turn. Once more the ball stayed on the pitch, bouncing to the other side of the rat who had fumbled it. The elves blitzed him off the pitch before the Wardancer leisurely strolled across and lifted it high in the air for the sixth and final Elven touchdown. There was one Skaven turn left to play so I put all my positional players as far back as possible and Haemish kicked the disposable line-elves around to no great effect.

Final score 6-2 Fianna Chulain. The rats scored one injury in the game (which I apothecaried to badly hurt) and suffered a MNG on one of their Gutter Runners. No Elven level-ups but a Stormvermin hit level 4 and rolled doubles so it wasn't a complete wash for the rats.

Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: June 10, 2012, 04:13:51 PM

Got spanked by Ruvaldt 3-0. It probably would have gotten bigger than that, but I conceded on turn 8. Had 3 injuries and 1 knocked out, and he had a full field. I was going to be bringing in some goblins and I wanted to stop before my team got completely shredded. I think I have 1 or 2 missing next game. My strategy going in was to hope to get lucky with some injuries/fouls as the beastman dont really have a bench, but it did not end up working out way. Well played to the ex-presidents!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:28:21 PM by Bann »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #68 on: June 10, 2012, 04:15:59 PM

I was so tempted to take claw or some other mutation for the Stormvermin since he rolled a double 1 (so didn't get a GOOD doubles roll that could have added MV or STR or AGI). But I ended up taking tackle based on some sage Iainc advice.

I had gotten kind of burned out on Blood Bowl with the teams I'd been playing in the offseason stuff - I didn't like the way any of them shaped up. I really had been missing my Skaven.

EDIT: Shit, just looked at the schedule. Seriously? I play IainC's elves, Ulysses's Lizards and Ingmar's fucking Dwarves my first 3 games? Holy fuckballs.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:18:52 PM by HaemishM »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #69 on: June 10, 2012, 04:25:33 PM

The Ex-Presidents of Doom 3 - 0 The Explorers Club!

I got lucky by getting a chance to give Abe, my +1 STR blodging chaos warrior, the ball from the start and outflanked the orcs while my line-warriors kept the orcs' big guns tied up at midfield.  I could've scored on round three, but some of Bann's orcs are really scary; especially the blitzers, so I hung onto the ball and started clawing up as many of them as I could.  I dodged some bullets aimed at Millard Fillmore, and got a vision of things to come, but he hung onto consciousness and I scored on my seventh turn.  Bann conceded at that point, down several orcs, and I couldn't blame him at all. 

It was a tough match-up for an orc team at the beginning of the season.  The main thing they have going for them is high armor and strength, but a developed chaos team is a perfect match for that.  Bann played well and I'm sure he'll come back from the loss and meet his next team with more luck.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1  
Jump to: