Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1  (Read 22893 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:36 AM

A thoroughly unsatisfying game.

It began early, when my bold attempt to take out Wolstencraft, who has decided to doddle her 6 AV behind up to the line when I was recieving, failed as she somehow evaded the chainsaw. A both down option with my Troll then ended up with him concussed and ended my first turn. On the second it didn't get better, with Looney paying the price for his poor work in the first and leaving the pitch badly hurt. There was a bit of back and forth after that, with the ball in dispute a few times, but failed throws, pickups and dodges on both sides made us all look like amateurs. In the end the ball spilled to my goblin bodybuilder and he made a dash for the line, only to fail on a GFI. Falc then dodged about, picked the ball up in a few TZs, and made a long throw that I was unable to stop. It ended 1-0 down at the half.

I came out in the second with some renewed optimism, but I overextended myself down the right and Falc slipped behind. He then tried to stall, but I got the casulties mounting and he was forced to put the ball in the endzone on his 15th turn.

This gave me four turns left, and I had whittled him down to 6-7 on the pitch, so the Goblins sniffed a DRAW! in the offing. Sadly it was not to be, though I ran him mighty close. With four turns to go I rushed him, and I got one back in two turns. Then I placed a knife edge kick just over the half, in front of my star Troll, only to see a poor bounce in to my half granting him free possession of the ball in the back field. I kept my chin up and swarmed into his half, and it turned out that on the 18th turn I had a chance at scoring if I could make a block, pick up the spill and then run and pass with a GFI. Sadly the block dice didn't come up, as you might expect when you don't have a single player with the Block skill, and I lost the game.

Goblins did good, though. I feel that a bright future awaits.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:12:47 AM by lamaros »
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #106 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:12 AM

Still waiting for our Wood Elf star to turn up  Heartbreak
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #107 on: June 13, 2012, 08:25:58 AM

Where are we uploading the replays? Name of the League? Sorry if it has been posted before. And what's the password?
F13 Season 6 for 40k and Tamurkhan divisions, F13 Season 6 - Redux for Hordes Division. Password is fearchange.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: June 13, 2012, 09:29:33 AM

Going to bed, will try to find you in 4 hours
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 13, 2012, 09:56:02 AM

Where are we uploading the replays? Name of the League? Sorry if it has been posted before. And what's the password?
F13 Season 6 for 40k and Tamurkhan divisions, F13 Season 6 - Redux for Hordes Division. Password is fearchange.

Think I just got confused by this and uploaded it to both. Not sure why we have two on bbmanager anyway.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #110 on: June 13, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

Hey Llyse!  Jumped on this morning, didn't see you online.  Had to go out around 2 PM my time for an appointment.  Just got back, see you messaged.  Not getting a response from you.  I'm free from now on for the rest of the day.  We'll get this bitch done somehow!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: June 13, 2012, 05:27:55 PM

Yep!

Will be at work for another 9 hours I not sure where that puts you, otherwise I'll go to bed super early today and catch you in your the middle of the day...

It'd be GMT +9 6:30pm Thursday

or

GMT +9 4am Friday

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 14, 2012, 11:05:32 AM

Broken Neck.

OUCH

Heartbreak

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 14, 2012, 11:56:38 AM

0-5 defeat against Ironwood's rats  ACK!

My only defense for my poor playing is that I had terrible luck (ai. Ironwood got 3 blitzes and 2 perfect defenses in kickoffs...). First few turns when Ironwood was receiving and had some bad luck I did manage to get my gutter runner 1 go-for-it short of scoring but it was downhill from there and when the game was over the 6 players I still had on the field had no excuses except poor playing (on my part) to blame.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 14, 2012, 12:31:17 PM

In fairness, that's a harsh judgement of a game that was pretty much akin to putting 18 rats in a blender and pressing the button.

Luck was not on Satael's side, but he put in some quite powerful Skaven play for an unrated team and has managed to totally fuck over two of my star players for their forseeable lives.  So that's a moral victory right there.

It was a good game, well played and fun.  If I was to give any advice it's that Bloodbowl punishes those who take chances, so sometimes it's best to be conservative with what you attempt.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: June 14, 2012, 03:07:28 PM

Hippies 2 - 1 Alive

Replay is up.  Just.......watch the replay.  It was like a contest to see who could have the dice explode in their face the most.  I failed, and then failed the reroll on almost every single GFI.  Failed pick-ups and throws at the worst points.  Llyse couldn't pick up the ball to save his life (seriously, it was like he was playing Khemri) and had several spectacularly bad rolls of the dice to make him drop the ball.  I would then pounce on it, getting some great rolls to get there and/or knock the ball out an exposed carriers hands, only to get dice fucked as well at the last moment.  We did this back and forth the whole game.

Thinking back I actually got lucky on injuries.  Due to constantly getting turn overs before I was ready, and his aggressive play, most of my elves were left exposed and constantly being hit by his team, and constantly getting stars rolled against them.  However, I only had one injury the whole match, near the end, and it was only Badly Injured.  

Thanks to Llyse for staying up late (was 2 AM when we started) to finally get this done.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:09:12 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #116 on: June 14, 2012, 04:09:53 PM

That match... Holy crap. I don't understand though on the very last Undead turn of the game, you had the Wardancer marking the ball and you ran the werewolf to the endzone, picked up the ball with the Wight and then tried handing it off. Why not just blitz the wardancer with the Wight and then pick the ball up with the Werewolf and walk it over? It's safer than the pickup and handoff and you had your blitz in hand at that point.

Anyhow, that's all the games played, just need Ironwood to upload the replay for his game and we're all set for day 2. I killed the extra league in BBManager so everyone should now just upload to the f13 Season 6 league regardless of their division. All the games that had already been uploaded to the other league have been moved to the main league.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 14, 2012, 05:42:14 PM

Sturdybranch hit a zombie and injured it in that game, giving him the SPP to level.  Rolled doubles, and he now has block!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

-Stephen Colbert
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 14, 2012, 06:18:06 PM

That match... Holy crap. I don't understand though on the very last Undead turn of the game, you had the Wardancer marking the ball and you ran the werewolf to the endzone, picked up the ball with the Wight and then tried handing it off. Why not just blitz the wardancer with the Wight and then pick the ball up with the Werewolf and walk it over? It's safer than the pickup and handoff and you had your blitz in hand at that point.

Anyhow, that's all the games played, just need Ironwood to upload the replay for his game and we're all set for day 2. I killed the extra league in BBManager so everyone should now just upload to the f13 Season 6 league regardless of their division. All the games that had already been uploaded to the other league have been moved to the main league.

The Wardancer has sidestep but that wasn't one of my best games.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: June 15, 2012, 01:05:38 AM

Uhhhh, ok.  Drop me a PM to remind me how to do that, yeah ?  I'll attempt it after work.

ACK!

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: June 15, 2012, 10:53:00 AM

I haz uploaded.  I think.

Hopefully we'll be able to tend to our injured and levelled up chaps shortly.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: June 15, 2012, 11:03:09 AM

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #122 on: June 15, 2012, 04:18:39 PM

All games validated. Day two thread going up imminently.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: June 16, 2012, 04:58:22 AM

My gutter runners are developing a habit of great level up rolls in inconvienient combinations.

First my wrestle dudes get +1MV when it would be better on the block guys,  now dauntless guy gets +1STR.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: June 16, 2012, 05:32:12 AM

You're lucky.  My rolls were utter shit.

I literally didn't want to take any of the skills on offer.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1  
Jump to: