Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1  (Read 22895 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: May 31, 2012, 01:13:57 AM

It's on!
Tamurkhan and 40k Divisions

Hordes Division:

All games must be played by June 15th - normally the turnaround will be 9 days but I'm extending this first day by administrative fiat.

----------------------------------------------------------

Leagues have been created in BBManager - F13 Season 6 and F13 Season 6 Redux, passwords for both are fearchange. The winner is responsible for uploading the result after the match. Matches will not be validated until they have been uploaded. If you are having problems with BBManager then let me know, I might be able to upload it for you as it mostly works for me. If a match isn't uploaded by the deadline then I will flip a coin and award a random team a 2-0 victory.

Let's do this!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 01:16:19 AM

Haemish, I'm off to LA on Sunday so it would be really helpful if we could play our game on Friday night or Saturday if possible. Otherwise it will have to wait until I get back the following Sunday.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 01:22:16 AM

Just ping me on Steam whenever Luckton.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 01:23:42 AM

Falc, I have heaps of uni to do over the next week, so sometime after the 6th would be best for me.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 02:01:44 AM

Looks like we have a double header for this weekend Megrim  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 03:00:32 AM

Swiftblade is going to out to be an AndyDavo sockpuppet account.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 05:33:00 AM

I'll keep steam up this weekend and hopefully a Eurofaggy time can be arranged.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 05:55:32 AM

Bah, I was hoping our match would be last so that at least I'd have a better chance of surviving the season tongue.  Ah well, at least we're getting it done now.  I'll try and get with you tonight or tomorrow.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:39:21 AM

At least you're less likely to lose players with a bunch of spps, Luckton!

Bann, I'm around pretty much every afternoon.  I can utterly destroy you at your leisure.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 09:02:53 AM

Haemish, I'm off to LA on Sunday so it would be really helpful if we could play our game on Friday night or Saturday if possible. Otherwise it will have to wait until I get back the following Sunday.

Let's try Friday then. I'm CST (GMT-6). When is good for you?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 09:07:37 AM

I'm GMT+1 and I'll be back from work around 9-10 my time I suspect. After that should be ok.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:03 AM

Who is Brocktoon?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 09:20:09 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 10:16:29 AM

I'm GMT+1 and I'll be back from work around 9-10 my time I suspect. After that should be ok.

6 hours difference (it's actually GMT-5 for me - damn, daylight savings time!). Best time I could appear on Friday night is around 8 pm my time (2 AM yours). Saturday I'm probably all booked up. Will you be up that late?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 10:21:58 AM

Maybe. I'll try but I'm putting in 16 hour days at the moment so I'm not promising anything.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 12:00:20 PM

Ugh, I have 3 rat games IN A ROW after Luckton. Stupid random calendar.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:53 PM

Looks like we have a double header for this weekend Megrim  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ya, we can do both at once. I'm thinking your Sat morning, my Sat evening might be the best way.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 01:30:41 PM

Lamaros, after the 6th is OK. I hope it won't be too bad to manage our timezone differences. Maybe the weekend would be good, although taking time away from the GW2 beta will cost me  Ohhhhh, I see.

Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 04:45:38 PM

Message sent to Sir T, but it is first thing in the morning here (for me) so if it isn't received... just pretend I sent one and reply with details!  awesome, for real

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 05:10:19 PM

I won't be able to play for another 3-4 days, and maybe not then. I might miss the starting round. Depends on the amount of free wifi in Washington

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 05:14:04 PM

Teleku!

It's been such a long time since I got an opportunity to play you in the Season's opening...  awesome, for real

I think Friday night your time (Saturday morning my time), otherwise Satuday morning your time (Saturday night my time) is good.

I'm GMT +9 as usual. See you on steam!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 05:23:43 PM

Bah, I was hoping our match would be last so that at least I'd have a better chance of surviving the season tongue.  Ah well, at least we're getting it done now.  I'll try and get with you tonight or tomorrow.

Friday might be better, I need to play a non-important match to get grounded again, I haven't played in months.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 05:27:23 PM

I won't be able to play for another 3-4 days, and maybe not then. I might miss the starting round. Depends on the amount of free wifi in Washington

I shall be endeavor to be on Steam whenever I am at the computer, so try to beep me when you can.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:13 PM

hit me up whenever avaia! i should be around most of this weekend; i'm PST and usually home by 6 on weekdays.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 12:06:41 AM

Ramas,

I have a day off work today, need to leave the house at 3:30pm (GMT).

After that will be home all day Tuesday. Ping me if you want to arrange a game.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 02:08:32 AM

Beardstorm! wins the opener 2-0:

Ymiron's G6 Crew | 0 - 2 | Beardstorm!

Teams
Ymiron's G6 CrewBeardstorm!
Race : NorseDwarf
TV : 11902060
Treasury : 0320000
Rerolls : 34
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 19
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Ymiron's G6 CrewBeardstorm!
Score : 02
Touchdowns inflicted : 02
Touchdowns sustained : 20
Passes : 50
Catches : 51
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 519
KOs inflicted : 24
Injuries inflicted : 04
Deaths inflicted : 01
Tackles inflicted : 01
Yards gained passing : 140
Yards gained running : 4860
Ball Possession (%) : 5933
Own occupation: 6237
Opponent occupation : 3762
Note of the match: 16/20
Spectators: 15000

Notable injuries:

For the Norse, we have a dead lineman (rerolled to a dead lineman - Fredek strikes again), a -1 agility lineman, a MNG berserker, and a couple badly hurts. For the dwarves, one of my matched set of strength 4 bookend linemen averted death via fireball with the help of an apothecary, but unfortunately the sawbones was only able to reduce it to a niggling injury.

EDIT: Just noticed, in the insult added to severe injury category, that Luckton's MVP was the dead guy.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:10:56 AM by Ingmar »

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 02:14:31 AM

Aye, what Ing said.  It wasn't a slaughter, but my chances of winning were slim to none, and slim left town the moment he saw the match schedule  why so serious?

Dwarfes did what dwarfs do best; pack on the guard and steamroll to victory.  At least I got some pass/catch SPP farming in for a couple level ups.

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:59 AM

Will look out for you Saturday morning my time then Megrim, looking forward to kicking off the new season with a few stakes to the heart!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 06:44:30 AM

hit me up whenever avaia! i should be around most of this weekend; i'm PST and usually home by 6 on weekdays.

This weekend is a bit nuts, but I will look for you in the evenings if I am around.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 06:59:02 AM

Modern Angel, can you play this weekend?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 06:59:27 AM

Aye, what Ing said.  It wasn't a slaughter, but my chances of winning were slim to none, and slim left town the moment he saw the match schedule  why so serious?

Dwarfes did what dwarfs do best; pack on the guard and steamroll to victory.  At least I got some pass/catch SPP farming in for a couple level ups.

I learned last season Norse are not very fun versus dwarves if you like having your dudes non-mangled.

God Save the Horn Players
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 10:59:06 AM

Well, unlike my Elfs, my Norse have already had a few beatings pumped into them prior to the season start.  I'm still at 11 players with the one dude dead (was going to fire him anyways  why so serious?), and my Runner leveled up just tossing the ball around for one game.

BRING IT ON, RATS!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 03:45:41 PM

Ramas,

I have a day off work today, need to leave the house at 3:30pm (GMT).

After that will be home all day Tuesday. Ping me if you want to arrange a game.

I'm online tomorrow, but away on holiday till next saturday after that.

By GMT, assume you meant BST btw? It gets important when you up against anyone outside of NA or europe who generally don't do daylight saving.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Why must I be punished again so?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 12:19:58 PM

Insatiable 1 - The Minizilla's 2

And the lizards open the campaign with a bloody victory over the blood sucking undeadsquad of Megrims Insatiable. The Minizilla's won the toss and elected to kick giving the vampires the initiative. Megrim set himself up for a strong flank push down my left field and within 2 turns had got a receiver free and parked behind my defence and Megrim decided to try for a quick score throwing to the open vampire but with none of his players in support it would only work if I could not work a block, not a bad assumption since all my saurus' were engaged however my break tackle Saurus blitzed the open vamp and after a re-roll on the initial failed block blitzed down the open vamp spilling the pig bladder loose. I have a receiver in megrim's half but will need a layoff and run or possible pass to get there but my skink fu proved to be unreliable this game and though I made the pickup my hand off failed turning over but leaving the ball marked. Megrim hypnotic gazes one marker and clears off another, scoops up the ball and unnoticed by me he had run an unmarked thrall up the far side of the pitch but he fails a GFI burning a re-roll and then fumbles the pass. I blitz the vampire who attempted the pass and sucesfully pick up the ball, however I am not in a position to make it safe or hand off to get more yardage and with time running out I look for blocks to make and manage to roll a both down on my non block big guy ending the turn and leaving a rather exposed skink holding something the vampires are desperately keen to recover. Megrim once again uses hypnotic gaze to good effect clearing the tackle zones protecting my ball carrier and the susequent blitz not only works but scores the first injury of the match badly hurting my skink carrier, however megrim fails a dodge with his next move gicing me an easy chance to snatch theball and finally make some yardage if only i can pick up the ball. My star blitzer evens up the injury count breaking a vampires jaw and all my other blocks work but I burn a re-roll attempting the pick up which also fails Megrim clears one marker and once again uses hypnotic gaze to clear the tackle zone off the ball, waltzes a thrall in to make the pickup and subsequent hand off to open the scoring on turn 5.

I set myself up to psuh down a sideline but my opening blitz only scores a push so I change my mind and form a standard cage then start my normal blocks, perhaps unwisely beginning with my krox who scores attacker down both down and then eats my final re-roll for no gain as he fails the loner roll. Fortune favours me on the next turn as megrim gazes my cage and tries to blitz the carrier but fails the GFI and blows his final re-roll to no effect as that also fails. I take advantage of this gift by now pushing my sideline cage but again with great use of hypnotic gaze Megrim blitzes the ball carrier which comes up with both down and with no re-rolls causes the quick turnover, luckily for me the scatter doesn't take the ball out of play and on my next turn I am able to setup once more in a sideline cage but this time I am in score range on my last turn as long as Megrim cannot sack my ball carrier. With held breath I watch as megrim sets himself up and when the moment of truth arrives Mergrim needs to make 2 dodges before he can hit my skink, hemakes the first but fails the second and I run in the equaliser on my last turn of the half.

Second half kicks off and Megrim's KO'd thrall doesn't wake up so it is 10 v 11 in my favour and I setup again for a sideline push and again only score a push on the blitz so revert to a standard cage. Ordinarily this would be a safe strategy since mostly it takes 2 turns to break a proper cage that doesn't have any already established contact but not with vamp's and their damn hypnotic gaze and megrim gazes 2 corners before succesfully blitzing my carrier  though he is not able to pick up the loose ball which drives my decision to not try and stall out the half and score late but to score as fast as I can and try and defend the lead. I clear the thralls that are in amongst my cage, injuring one and then work a 2 die block on a vampire marking a cage corner and once again score another injury but have no room for more manouver so the turn ends. Megrim takes down one of my cage corners and moves a vamp to mark my ball carrier but now his cover is a bit thin and I succesfully blitz the marking vamp away and clear a path to do a handoff and score on turn 11.

It is now 11 players v 7 in my favour and Megrim tries a strong sideline push himself now but gets bogged down and I manage to get a saurus and a dive tackling skink to mark his thrall ball carrier, however he has worked a vampire receiver in score range behind my defence line and though he is marked with a skink it proves to be an ineffective move as megrim Hypnotic gazes one marker and dodges the thrall away before scoring a perfect launch mid pass, my interception fails and it looks like an equaliser on turn 13, however that doesn't account for blood lust which the vampire now fails forcing a move back up the field to feed on a thrall rather than scoring the tying touchdown. To add insult to injury he has to end his turn next to my killer saurus who obliges by taking him out of the game with an injury causing block popping the ball free, however the drama doesn't quite end there as I fail the pickup and Megrim blitzes my skink marking the ball but then fails his own sure hands pickup, I blitz that thrall down and this time safely pick the ball up and then secure the ball inside a cage and with only 5 players left on the pitch for the last 2 turns of the match there is not much more that Megrim can do other than try and earn some SPP with blocks on skinks which doesn't cause me any harm and the match ended 2 - 1 to the lizards.

Really good to get the season off to a winning start and Megrim perhaps didn't deserve the loss being let down with critical rolls at critical times but I'll take what Nuffle dishes out, I am sure I will be getting my own doses of Nufflitis in due course.

Match is uploaded to BBmanager.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:50:29 PM by Ulysees »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - Game Day 1  
Jump to: