Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:13:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393945 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #840 on: January 19, 2015, 11:25:18 AM

I finally picked up an Icebreaker, just because it's nice to have sometimes, especially with Juggler active.

At this point, I just need either a 36 light helm or chest to drop in the Crota raid. I'd prefer a helm, as I already have a maxed exotic 36 light chest equipped.

At this point, I'm just grinding up various legendaries and exotics, since I've completed everything else. And sometimes fooling around in the Crucible/Iron Banner.

I need 21 shards still...  ACK!

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #841 on: January 19, 2015, 07:28:41 PM

11 IB losses in a row, with me placing 1-3 in pretty much all of them. The Gods of RNG must hate me.

Still managed to get rank 4.5, would have maxed it out if it wasn't for the constant stream of awful teammates  swamp poop

In other news, I picked up Against All Odds with a crucible commendation and discovered that it literally WRECKS FACE. If you're feeling underpowered in the crucible and want to get a gun that 2-3 shots pretty much anyone, go get this.

Also, I still don't understand bladedancer hunters, that shit seems crazy OP.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #842 on: January 19, 2015, 08:30:00 PM

Bladedancer is definitely not OP. Situationally it utterly wrecks shit. Pop it at the wrong time and you get a face full of buckshot or nova-bombed or havoc-fisted and it's adios muchachos.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #843 on: January 20, 2015, 04:11:48 PM

I'm going to try to get some people together for VoG Wednesday evening, something like 9pm Eastern US time.  I'm not a huge fan of randoms but I'll ask any of you guys who are online at the time.  We should have three confirmed already.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #844 on: January 20, 2015, 04:44:08 PM

I will sadly, probably pass because work is a shitshow right now. If you're short people though I'll point a few in your direction.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:20:17 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: January 20, 2015, 06:12:46 PM

I'd volunteer, but VoG that late on a school night is a no go for me.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #846 on: January 21, 2015, 12:47:22 AM

I think my group is going to be attempting to do Hard Mode Crota.

We managed to quickly burn though a normal run yesterday, and I finally got the raid chestpiece. Too bad it's ugly for warlocks.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #847 on: January 21, 2015, 07:07:39 AM

I'd love to join, since raids are just not a thing for me in Destiny; but 9pm EST is about 3am for me, so I think I'll also have to pass.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #848 on: January 21, 2015, 07:55:41 PM

All right, took a bunch of time to solo up to Phogoth for the weekly for my Bad Juju bounty and then Destiny's terrible network code shit the bed and disconnected me.  I have quit, again, forever.  Meaning I should be on again in three days.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #849 on: January 21, 2015, 08:30:04 PM

I'm staycationing from Friday to Tuesday. I'll be on a few of those days during your time K9, we'll get you some raid time and finish your thorn bounty.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: January 22, 2015, 04:05:56 AM

I'm staycationing from Friday to Tuesday. I'll be on a few of those days during your time K9, we'll get you some raid time and finish your thorn bounty.

Sweet, thanks man. I'll keep a weather eye open.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #851 on: January 22, 2015, 07:11:23 AM

Can ghosts actually die during defend/hack objectives?  Like if I just run away can it be killed and the mission fails?

Got mail after being disconnected, guess I missed a legendary engram.  Turned into a MIDA multi tool which is so much better (even without upgrades) than my old primary.  First exotic I've ever gotten from the cryptarch.  Another question, if you give the cryptarch a legendary armor engram can it decode into something that only another class can use like the way purples do?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #852 on: January 22, 2015, 07:28:10 AM

If ghosts could die, no one would have one now.  "HE'S IN A TANK"  "Well... this was your idea."  "WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE!" swamp poop

Legendary engrams only turn into things other classes can use.  In my experience. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: January 22, 2015, 09:05:27 AM

Can ghosts actually die during defend/hack objectives?  Like if I just run away can it be killed and the mission fails?

Got mail after being disconnected, guess I missed a legendary engram.  Turned into a MIDA multi tool which is so much better (even without upgrades) than my old primary.  First exotic I've ever gotten from the cryptarch.  Another question, if you give the cryptarch a legendary armor engram can it decode into something that only another class can use like the way purples do?

You mean exotic engrams?

Regardless... an engram can be decoded to other class armor of that same type (chest piece will always be a chest piece, but might not be for the class you decode it with). I have received several helms for warlock and hunter when I was gambling on Xur... still no Saint-14 - long ago though.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #854 on: January 22, 2015, 10:09:45 AM

My understanding is that other than from Xur there are no exotic engrams, just exotic drops.  I meant how legendary engrams have a small chance to become an exotic.  I know legendary can decode to other class gear and was wondering if, on the rare chance it turns into an exotic, if it could still be for another class.  That would be a horrible tease.  Get a rare drop that turns into something even rarer and then you can't use it.

Unless you have alts of course.
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: January 22, 2015, 12:11:17 PM

My understanding is that other than from Xur there are no exotic engrams, just exotic drops.  I meant how legendary engrams have a small chance to become an exotic.  I know legendary can decode to other class gear and was wondering if, on the rare chance it turns into an exotic, if it could still be for another class.  That would be a horrible tease.  Get a rare drop that turns into something even rarer and then you can't use it.

Unless you have alts of course.

Ah that. Then yes. That can happen, though very rare. I got a Lucky Raspberry (hunter chest) off a legendary engram on my Titan. Hunter is the only class I do not have. Burned it for the shard which I used to upgrade my already purchased Armamamlolwtfname?!

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #856 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:41 AM

Had three, (count 'em) three legendary helmet engrams turn into exotic helms. For a goddamn warlock. When I was decoding them as a hunter.

Soloed the Abyss hard mode yesterday with don't touch me and Ballerhorn. Difficult, but not very.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #857 on: January 23, 2015, 05:48:42 AM

Hey, exotic shards are exotic shards.

Did the Nightfall the other night and one of my friends got a Titan helm called "The Insurmountable Skullfort". Great name.

Also Nightfalls are really badly designed. You really just aren't intended to play them properly, because you'll just die. Better to just hang in inter-area doorways and have one guy training guys into a barrage of Ice Breaker fire.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Terracotta Army

Reply #858 on: January 23, 2015, 07:06:50 AM

Had three, (count 'em) three legendary helmet engrams turn into exotic helms. For a goddamn warlock. When I was decoding them as a hunter.

Soloed the Abyss hard mode yesterday with don't touch me and Ballerhorn. Difficult, but not very.

Is the ogre hallowed now? So same TTK as the ones on the bridge part? I need to attempt this on my titan this weekend and was wondering if it would be best to just use an Icebreaker or Jellomold. Jellomold would need at least 1 reload with you out in the open, IB would at least buy you a couple staggers but I worry 6-8 rounds would not be enough. If that orge is the same as the ones on the bridge part, then it might be doable in finishing him off with a primary.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #859 on: January 23, 2015, 01:14:33 PM

So I just started playing this the other day on PS4 and I'm up to level 12 as a Hunter.  What are some things you guys know now that you wish you knew in the early levels?  I've been breaking down all my gear as I get upgrades for glimmer and mats, is that the way to go?  I have a small collection of mats now, when/how do I use them?

Tag is ewspider77 if anyone wants to add me.

most often known as Drevik
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #860 on: January 23, 2015, 02:53:30 PM

It's not really super deep so there won't be anything you will look back upon and regret.  The only thing I can think of is the class, maybe try the others out and unlock both supers to see what you like.  Look at the grenades they get.  The mats you receive for breaking down gear is used to upgrade the better gear you will get when you are twenty.  The armor you breakdown is specific to your class so you are getting wire as a hunter, that can't be used for titan or warlock gear.  The weapon parts are universal.

I don't know about tips.

- If an enemy is located above you it shows up as a filled in bright red pie piece on your radar, if below dark red.
- Enemies spawn out of certain rooms, they often have chests inside.  In general look out for bright green glow because they hide chests all over.
- Enemies won't spawn from the rooms if you are in or too close to them.  If you see a level 20+ kill a son of crota and get the sword try not to run into the room because he probably wants to kill the spawns that will come out.
- Each planet has a collectable, may as well pick them up if you are near one, they are also used to upgrade gear.  Spinmetal on Earth, helium coils on the Moon, spirit bloom on Venus and relic iron on Mars.
- Check out the gunsmith each time you're in the tower, sometimes he sells good blue weapons.  They max out at level 18 iirc.
- If you have more than one character you can use the vault to swap weapons between them, gear too so long as they are the same class, and of course level.
- At level ten you can buy some decent green gear from the vanguard quartermaster in the ship hanger (not the people at the table).
- Look up videos of where to find the golden chests for each planet, they give out gear that won't be useful if you go back afterwards.
- Complete as many bounties as you can each day, the reputation they give will level the factions.
- To start you should probably get vanguard to at least rank three, same with crucible if you PvP.
- If you do PvP you can look at the other factions to see what they offer and buy an item to switch your rep gain to their faction if you like.
- The glimmer cap is fairly easy to get to, spend it if you are at 25,000 or else it just disappears.  Buy heavy ammo synth from the weapon smith or shaders or whatever.  You are probably getting items that say "give more glimmer against", you can use those when fighting the right enemy.
- Try out each of the weapon types to see what you enjoy.  Don't dismiss an entire weapon class just based on a white or green item you get though, every weapon type has some that suck no matter what.
- Every twenty minutes or so many zones will have a public event, those are good to get in on.  Some are tough to solo if you are the only one doing them though.  Defeat extraction crews tend to be the easiest.
- There is a brutal penalty for being lower level to PvE enemies.  You do and take something like 15% less damage for each level lower you are.
- The weak point for vex are their bodies, not the head.
- In general damage numbers are white for non crits, yellow for crits (called precision damage here) and I think it goes gray if it is only doing partial damage due to being out of range or something.
- If something has shields and you have the *matching* weapon type you will take them down faster.  Red is solar, blue is arc and purple is void.
- Any drops you missed that are blue and higher will be mailed to you.
- Most people want discipline and intelligence for their stats, they reduce the cooldown of your grenades and super ability.  Strength is for melee.
- A lot of your more interesting stats and such can only be seen on their website, not in game for some horrible reason.
- If you get a choice of mentor missives (the gold quests) look up what each one gives you and whether or not you want to do the quest steps.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 03:05:36 PM by Miasma »
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: January 23, 2015, 06:58:26 PM

Thanks, good tips!  Lots of stuff I didn't know yet.  Should I even bother going for gold Earth chests at level 12?

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #862 on: January 23, 2015, 08:59:06 PM

Yeah the chests on venus and mars should still be useful.  I think you get something for collecting them all too like a blue sparrow or something.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #863 on: January 23, 2015, 09:08:08 PM

Is the ogre hallowed now? So same TTK as the ones on the bridge part? I need to attempt this on my titan this weekend and was wondering if it would be best to just use an Icebreaker or Jellomold. Jellomold would need at least 1 reload with you out in the open, IB would at least buy you a couple staggers but I worry 6-8 rounds would not be enough. If that orge is the same as the ones on the bridge part, then it might be doable in finishing him off with a primary.

The ogre is hallowed, yeah. Bring the icebreaker.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #864 on: January 25, 2015, 09:54:40 AM

Thanks, good tips!

The pre-20 story stuff is the tutorial, so don't worry too much about things until later.  Real game starts once you hit 20.

Bounties are the best way to level both your subclasses and your weapons.
Vanguard rep seems to come faster from patrol missions, marks come faster from the strike playlist.
I don't know how to get strange coins anymore!
Save your blue fusion rifles. Ohhhhh, I see.

Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: January 25, 2015, 11:16:11 AM

Thanks, good tips!

The pre-20 story stuff is the tutorial, so don't worry too much about things until later.  Real game starts once you hit 20.

Bounties are the best way to level both your subclasses and your weapons.
Vanguard rep seems to come faster from patrol missions, marks come faster from the strike playlist.
I don't know how to get strange coins anymore!
Save your blue fusion rifles. Ohhhhh, I see.

Strange coins from Weekly/Nightfall and at times engrams.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #866 on: January 25, 2015, 02:45:56 PM

Why save the blue fusion rifles (crafting mats?)?  I hope that's the case because I despise using fusion weapons.

I hit 15 today and was kind of disappointed that the sub-class was an either/or thing AND I had to start leveling the new sub-class from scratch.  It felt really clunky, but I think I'm going to like the Arc Blade better than the Golden Pistol.

Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: January 25, 2015, 03:05:56 PM

Why save the blue fusion rifles (crafting mats?)?  I hope that's the case because I despise using fusion weapons.

I hit 15 today and was kind of disappointed that the sub-class was an either/or thing AND I had to start leveling the new sub-class from scratch.  It felt really clunky, but I think I'm going to like the Arc Blade better than the Golden Pistol.

Gunslinger = triple jump
Bladedancer = butterflying

Save the blue fusions for the Pocket Infinity Vanguard missive (exotic fusion rifle quest). It is fairly easy to do and nets you the Pocket Infinity fusion rifle which in my case means a free shard to upgrade something else.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #868 on: January 28, 2015, 08:32:46 AM

Yeah, free shard if for some reason you don't like fusion rifles.  I carry a Plan C and Murmurmurmur... murmur... boosh.

Terracotta Army

Reply #869 on: January 28, 2015, 09:15:06 AM

Yeah, free shard if for some reason you don't like fusion rifles.  I carry a Plan C and Murmurmurmur... murmur... boosh.

Murmur replaced both my solar and arc fusion rifles. I got a Dead Orbit void fusion so I have all my bases covered in that regard. That said, I don't use them save for that stupid ass fusion rifle bounty that comes up. I use sniper rifles as my secondary. Swap the icebreaker out if I want to roll with my Hawkmoon or Mida or on occasion Hard Light. swap them all out for my Jellomold on stuff that I need dead in a short duration. I am fairly satisfied with my weapons and armor now. Don't really need anything else except maybe a new elemental primary.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #870 on: January 30, 2015, 11:45:12 AM

I think Murmur will be my main special once I get that Crota shard (still lv2 with Crota's Mom).  Because fuck losing ammo when switching weapons.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: February 27, 2015, 09:27:05 AM

Weekly heroic strike now has matchmaking. Why they only added this now, and only for this mode is unclear, but it's a welcome improvement.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #872 on: February 27, 2015, 11:06:05 AM

They probably added it because some of us have not logged on for maybe three or more weeks. Ohhhhh, I see.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #873 on: February 27, 2015, 12:11:27 PM

You can see your rep with the factions from your inventory too which is nice.  Maybe someday they'll add in all that grimoire stuff to the actual game instead of a damn app/website.  They rebalanced the weapons a bit, pulse got a boost and most others very small nerfs, scout is unchanged.  Shoutgun damage was doubled in PvE so they aren't worthless there anymore.  Also fixed the heavy/special weapon ammo bug where it got cut in half each time you died/zoned if you add items that increased ammo capacity...
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #874 on: February 28, 2015, 03:06:58 PM

You can also move stuff between characters and the vault using the phone app. This is amazing.

Also, the weekly heroic switching to matchmaking was because a lot of people with no friends bitched about not being able to run the weeklies to get their fill of strange coins. I've seen some good shit come out of this and some utter horror stories. Mostly of people who's never bothered to do weeklies suddenly doing them and being complete shit at them.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: