Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:13:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393992 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #735 on: December 09, 2014, 09:19:01 AM

Fist of Crota disables my jump jets.  Must rethink strategy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #736 on: December 09, 2014, 07:23:33 PM

Watch out for the pits in Crota's end too.

Also, the new currency should be non-DLC buyers' tears.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #737 on: December 09, 2014, 08:04:53 PM

Started the new quests and realized I no longer like this game.  Not sure what I was thinking when I bought it.  This could only end in tears.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #738 on: December 11, 2014, 03:24:48 PM

My normal group I run with got to the the final Crota encounter - most of the people I play with are light level 30, but the new raid really demands 31+ gear.

They missed the memo where if you finish the hardest version of the raid content, you can use that to clear the normal mode of the next content. More grinding.

I still enjoy this sort of despite itself. I wish the shooting weren't so goddamn fun.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #739 on: December 11, 2014, 08:54:29 PM

For me, it's become EQ 2.0. I've started running with a bunch of people that started out as total strangers but are now my regular crew. I'm 31 now and most of the crew is as well. We all find ourselves getting pulled into all sorts of shit and the majority of the fun is good-naturedly talking shit to each other when we fuck up or when we do something cool.

The wife is less-than-happy.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #740 on: December 12, 2014, 01:28:59 PM

I got a 10pm phone call from my dad last night, which means was 1am where he is.  He drops the wrath of 10,000 suns on me about this game and how they took his content away because he didn't buy the xpac.  Apparently they locked quests behind the upgrade wall?

Unfortunately, he's going to refund the copy he bought for my nephew and he refuses now to play the game or buy the xpac.  His point was that they took content away from him because he didn't upgrade, which seems pretty shady.

They seriously pissed one retired dude off, that's for sure.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #741 on: December 12, 2014, 01:46:22 PM

They didn't take content away, the weekly and the nightfall for this week are DLC strikes which means you can only play them if you bought the DLC. Next week, the filthy basics will get their nightfall and weekly back. Never mind the fact that even if you don't get the DLC, all the gear and random drops from it are available to you. Anybody that's boycotting the game because they don't get a weekly or nightfall once out of every six weeks needs to work on their priorities.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: December 12, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

If a retired old man can't prioritize a video game above all else, who can!?  why so serious?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #743 on: December 12, 2014, 03:24:54 PM

They definitely didn't make that clear to those people that play the game but don't keep up on the game news.  Good to know, though. 

I need an "old man yells at Destiny" Simpsons pic to email him now.   awesome, for real
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #744 on: December 12, 2014, 09:18:10 PM

My priorities comment was less aimed at the old man than it was at all the whiny bitches on reddit who have played the game non-stop since launch and are now complaining about having content "ripped away from them." If you were playing it enough to the point where missing out on the weekly and the nightfall is a huge deal, why the fuck didn't you buy the DLC?

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #745 on: December 13, 2014, 09:33:13 PM

It's still impressive to see that, 17 years after Ultima Online launched, the lessons of "communicate clearly with your players" and "don't take away stuff from players without adequately compensating them" are still being learned.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: December 14, 2014, 07:21:46 AM

It's funny you think anything is being learned.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #747 on: December 14, 2014, 12:15:51 PM

Nothing was taken away. Should they have communicated this stuff better? Probably. But for fuck's sake, you'd think when they announced new strikes and shit, those would be on prominent display the week it launched. But hey, maybe my expectations are a little different.

Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: December 15, 2014, 02:43:31 AM

Nothing was taken away. Should they have communicated this stuff better? Probably. But for fuck's sake, you'd think when they announced new strikes and shit, those would be on prominent display the week it launched. But hey, maybe my expectations are a little different.

Ern no, sorry.

Stuff absolutely was taken away.

Someone who buys the basic game now has less content than someone who got it a week ago.

That's not an arguable point - there will now be weeks where you cannot play the weekly strike or the nightfall (and heck, during that week days where you don't even get a daily story mission).

Why they don't just have a vanilla set of weekly strikes and an expansion set of weekly strikes is completely beyond me, but I guess that wouldn't push people as hard towards buying the expansion.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #749 on: December 15, 2014, 10:48:57 AM

Honestly, I don't think they thought it that far through. There's only space on the director map for the one set. If it happens to be expansion stuff or that day or week, you're gated. Is it a failing on their part? Maybe. But hell, if you're still playing this thing for just the weeklies and the dailies, pick up the goddamn expansion already.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #750 on: December 15, 2014, 12:49:13 PM

Ern no, sorry.

Stuff absolutely was taken away.

Someone who buys the basic game now has less content than someone who got it a week ago.

That's not an arguable point - there will now be weeks where you cannot play the weekly strike or the nightfall (and heck, during that week days where you don't even get a daily story mission).

Why they don't just have a vanilla set of weekly strikes and an expansion set of weekly strikes is completely beyond me, but I guess that wouldn't push people as hard towards buying the expansion.

I'd agree in that this is considered a DLC rather than a full fledged expansion. DLC's should not limit the base game. That said, this is a marketing ploy, plain and simple. Is it wrong? Sure. Will it cost them in the end? TBD. They have the capability to run different strike lists given the fact that the PS4 has a list with the PS4 exclusive map. That should translate over to the nightfall/weekly/daily as well. That they are not doing that is pretty clear to me they want to force people to buy the DLC.

I got the DLC package with both DLC packs and I am disappointed in the fact that a lot of the content is just a retread of the same areas we have already been fighting in with a few new small zones to to fight in for the strikes. I am not too put out by it since it is not a full out expansion, but for $20? I dunno if the content they are releasing is worth that cost - especially if the rumors are true that this stuff was already in the release of the game, but was cut out to fuel the DLC model.

House of Wolves better be more expansive or else I think they'll lose out on a lot of customers.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #751 on: December 15, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

"Let them run through these maps backwards!  They will think they are having fun!"

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #752 on: December 15, 2014, 03:25:05 PM

My issue with the expansion so far isn't the content but rather the really fucked up grind they've now instituted with their weird shakeup of item levels and upgrade materials.

The vendor gear is better than the best raid gear now, and old exotics (which could be fairly easily acquired with a bit of luck via strange coins, RNG, or exotic bounties which weren't exactly rare) can be upgraded to new tier quality which makes them ++ smoke the old raid gear. But now the vendor gear requires a new currency in addition to marks which you only get from getting levels in vanguard which can take quite a while. And the new raid shit? lol, goddamn what a grind to get mats for that.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #753 on: December 15, 2014, 05:54:53 PM

I'd agree in that this is considered a DLC rather than a full fledged expansion. DLC's should not limit the base game. That said, this is a marketing ploy, plain and simple. Is it wrong? Sure. Will it cost them in the end? TBD. They have the capability to run different strike lists given the fact that the PS4 has a list with the PS4 exclusive map. That should translate over to the nightfall/weekly/daily as well. That they are not doing that is pretty clear to me they want to force people to buy the DLC.

None of the PS4 exclusive stuff has been in the daily or the weekly.

Terracotta Army

Reply #754 on: December 15, 2014, 08:56:05 PM

None of the PS4 exclusive stuff has been in the daily or the weekly.

Yeah I know. That was my point. They can have Tiger and Roc strikes rotate PS4 stuff so it is theoretically possible to have separate strike rotations. However, that might bound to the platform server...

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #755 on: December 16, 2014, 08:43:05 AM

Entered DLC raid, grabbed chest, did something else. why so serious?

Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: December 16, 2014, 09:39:53 AM

Entered DLC raid, grabbed chest, did something else. why so serious?

Finally finished Nightfall Omnigul last night with my clanmates. I actually liked it for the most part. We have not yet looked into the raid because my one buddy is stuck at 29 and has been gone a week and leaves Weds for another 10 days. Looks like January. Maybe by then all the shitheels will be gone.  why so serious?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #757 on: December 16, 2014, 10:38:16 AM

Ran the new raid on day two. Fell into a bunch of holes, kicked the shit out of some Knights, got a four-barreled shotgun.

Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: December 16, 2014, 11:41:54 AM

We have the ever increasing problem of only having 3 raid ready people - and organizing a full 6 man group is fuckstupid. Having to go outside of the game to organize shit is just a glaring omission on Bungie's part. Matchmaking works on strike rotations, make it work on everything. Dungeon finder is proven to work in lots of other games, why it is not default for all aspects of PvE is beyond me. Maybe they are saving this for when people stop playing and buying DLC - which is just a shitty thing to do IMHO.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #759 on: December 16, 2014, 02:09:52 PM

I won't be shocked when gamewide matchmaking is included in a DLC.  It's in the game, just not used in all the places.

Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: December 16, 2014, 03:21:08 PM

DLC for functions is where I draw the line. Content and abilities I am ok with, but actual game functionality? Pass. I hope it doesn't come to that - though I am sure they'll just package it up with a nice new gun or hat.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: December 16, 2014, 04:07:45 PM

Yeah as soon as I hit 20 I couldn't really progress in the game. Everyone had/has their groups and there's literally no way for me to get into one.

I've pretty much written off the game already. By the time it'll be interesting it will have changed so much that I won't know how to play it.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #762 on: December 16, 2014, 07:01:39 PM

I ragequit for the first time in quite a while just trying to do the last part of the whopping three new "story" line quests.  It really seems balanced for people who were level thirty wielding exotics with great perks.  Levels one through twenty I think I died once in a darkness zone but these three little quests it's just been rinse and repeat deaths.

After deleting the game and shutting down I accidentally turned it back on while pulling out a usb cord because of those horrible ps4 touch buttons.  Touching the power "button" again just makes it beep angrily at you since it wants to load up completely before turning off so I yanked the whole damn ps4 out of its shelf and ripped the power cords out.

That's idiotic (me not the game).  Think I need help.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #763 on: December 17, 2014, 02:00:05 AM

It sounds very much like when I start playing this soonish, it'll be as a fun co-op jaunt to 20, then off to the shelf forever it goes and Bungie can shove their grindfest sideways up their arses. I'm not doing EQ2.0 or even WoW2.0 again.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #764 on: December 17, 2014, 09:24:16 AM

You can do up to 20 solo, it's just the stuff afterward which is greatly eased by bringing along two friends.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: December 17, 2014, 12:56:44 PM

You pretty much have to do 1-20 solo, because there aren't chat or LFG functions in the fucking game.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #766 on: December 18, 2014, 04:12:05 AM

co-op = my wife and I, on PS4s next to each other. But your reasoning sounds like more reasons to put it down (forever?) once we hit 20.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #767 on: December 18, 2014, 06:29:54 AM

If there are two of you you could use this site to bounce between public events as they spawn and rack up vanguard marks pretty fast.  Plus they're fun so long as you can complete them (if I'm solo in a zone there are some I can't get gold on).  You have a weekly cap on marks though...  You can also probably do strikes with two people, or just queue up and take a third who may or may not be helpful.

If you're into pvp Iron Banner is running right now but its gimmick is that level and gear aren't equalized so a level 32 with his exotics will wreck you.  There are items you can buy for glimmer (they are expensive) during the event (you can't buy them afterwards) but people seem to think they kind of suck this week.  It is also absolutley a straight up grind to get ranks.  Good xp though since it has its own bounties in addition to crucible ones.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #768 on: December 18, 2014, 06:38:30 AM

There's a chance this will be worth playing in a year or two. Imagine all the content included in the "Master/Battelfull Edition" for 39.99.

Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: December 18, 2014, 07:42:29 AM

If there are two of you you could use this site to bounce between public events as they spawn and rack up vanguard marks pretty fast.  Plus they're fun so long as you can complete them (if I'm solo in a zone there are some I can't get gold on).  You have a weekly cap on marks though...  You can also probably do strikes with two people, or just queue up and take a third who may or may not be helpful.

If you're into pvp Iron Banner is running right now but its gimmick is that level and gear aren't equalized so a level 32 with his exotics will wreck you.  There are items you can buy for glimmer (they are expensive) during the event (you can't buy them afterwards) but people seem to think they kind of suck this week.  It is also absolutley a straight up grind to get ranks.  Good xp though since it has its own bounties in addition to crucible ones.

Which is basically saying that post-20 all you have to look forward to grind.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: