Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393901 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #560 on: October 06, 2014, 04:45:11 AM

This game needs more a more consistent loot ramp. Without the queen's wrath event me and my friends would've been stuck at light level 21-22 spending forever just trying to run level 24 strikes with no special modifiers, until we either did the fucking zillion runs needed to get to Vanguard Rep 2 or lucked out and got good shit from engrams.

With each of us having those two so-so pieces we've hit 25-26 and we can pretty consistently do everything but Nightfall strikes because lol, why would you ever want to do Nightfall.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: October 06, 2014, 06:41:35 AM

I really dislike that controller light; you can't even disable it, all you can do is dim it.

The whole controler starts glowing like a flash light when you pop your flash light in game is cute for the first few seconds and then its annoying because I have to tilt my controller down so I don't blind myself with reflected screen glare from it. Also why can't I pop out my flashlight whenever I want to there are some areas that are really dark that I would love to trip off the ghost light thing.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #562 on: October 06, 2014, 07:13:32 AM

This game needs more a more consistent loot ramp. Without the queen's wrath event me and my friends would've been stuck at light level 21-22 spending forever just trying to run level 24 strikes with no special modifiers, until we either did the fucking zillion runs needed to get to Vanguard Rep 2 or lucked out and got good shit from engrams.

With each of us having those two so-so pieces we've hit 25-26 and we can pretty consistently do everything but Nightfall strikes because lol, why would you ever want to do Nightfall.

So they fixed the Cryptkeeper and giving appropriate colored gear for colored engrams... and now legendary engrams have all but disappeared from the game. How fitting.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: October 06, 2014, 07:20:06 AM

So they fixed the Cryptkeeper and giving appropriate colored gear for colored engrams... and now legendary engrams have all but disappeared from the game. How fitting.

They haven't disappeared (I've gotten two, miraculously), but yeah, they seem more rare.  But honestly, this was the appropriate solution.  I don't think there was a problem before with there being too little legendary gear (although I think it was definitely appropriate to add it as potential rewards for high-level strikes, which they did), but rather a really, really terrible messaging problem.

That said, you can still pick up a legendary engram and realize it's a goddamn class item.  Which has no stats, and the "legendary" ones often don't even look great.

Fucking class items.
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: October 06, 2014, 08:09:51 AM

They haven't disappeared (I've gotten two, miraculously), but yeah, they seem more rare.  But honestly, this was the appropriate solution.  I don't think there was a problem before with there being too little legendary gear (although I think it was definitely appropriate to add it as potential rewards for high-level strikes, which they did), but rather a really, really terrible messaging problem.

That said, you can still pick up a legendary engram and realize it's a goddamn class item.  Which has no stats, and the "legendary" ones often don't even look great.

Fucking class items.

Oh I think this was the best avenue to take - I've just noticed purple drops have all but dried up in general.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #565 on: October 06, 2014, 08:19:21 AM

Fucking class items.

Once, I got a spaceship.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #566 on: October 06, 2014, 08:26:53 AM

Got two legendary engrams yesterday, one, a legendary weapon turned into three ascendant shards (which I needed for amor upgrades anyway, so not totally mad) and one for a class emblem.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #567 on: October 06, 2014, 08:35:53 AM

I still need shards so I'm OK with that for now.  I have enough monies that I could get a exotic weapon this weekend, except I'll be in WDW.  I'm expecting a text that there is a scout rifle available, and that it won't come around again for many, many weeks.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #568 on: October 06, 2014, 09:39:52 AM

Been stuck on Green chest pieces since hitting 20 last week. Finally get a blue chest engram this weekend - Mote of Light

Unfortunately I didn't notice the Queen's envoy early enough in the event, so I haven't done enough of her bounties to be able to get rank three before the event ends - so no purchasable loot from her. Can't do the Heroic missions because I'm playing solo, and solo 24 heroics at level 21 or 22 are just  ACK!

So yea, I'm pretty much stuck on 22 until I get legendary drop, or manage to crawl my way to Vanguard 2. I think it's 5000 rep points for Van 2 and the highest amount I can get from a single activity is 100. (maybe 150 from the once a day events) I'm about 1500 away now I think.

Any way I can translate Motes of Light in to a Legendary? The Speaker seems to just sell vanity items.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #569 on: October 06, 2014, 10:07:23 AM

You don't need to purchase anything, just run a bounty and then do a kill order, I've got Queen's gear coming out of my ass at this point.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #570 on: October 06, 2014, 11:06:12 AM

Bounties are the answer to most of your woes.  Pick ones that work together so you complete them faster; visit Cryptarch and equip things/subclass which you want to level before you turn in to Bounty Bot.

Once your rep is high enough, and you have enough Vanguard marks (strike playlist and world events), buy armor from your class vendor.

Playing solo is going to be pretty hard to do.  I'm lv27 and I (probably) could not solo a lv26 event.  Even if I could, it would take forever.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #571 on: October 06, 2014, 11:15:37 AM

You don't need to purchase anything, just run a bounty and then do a kill order, I've got Queen's gear coming out of my ass at this point.

It may be my lack of talent, or perhaps my level 22 gear, but the Heroic Kill missions are impossible for me solo. Last time I tried I didn't even make it to the no respawn zone. And that event ends tonight.

I'm working on buying Legendary gear from the class vendor, it's just taking forever to get the rep up. At 50 - 100 per bounty, that's roughly 65 bounty missions to get to the minimum tier to buy Legendary Gear. I'm about 70% of the way there.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #572 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:53 AM

You can also get 10 or 25 from patrol missions while you bang out those bounties.

Slim chance of something useful in the mail from getting Gold on one public event per day, depending on what you consider useful.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #573 on: October 06, 2014, 12:20:37 PM

I've gotten few legendary materials from the publics, but don't have anything to use them on.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #574 on: October 06, 2014, 06:53:42 PM

Iron Banner starts tomorrow, level and gear differences enabled. Shit could get weird.

In the meantime, this:

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: October 06, 2014, 09:08:46 PM

Iron Banner starts tomorrow, level and gear differences enabled. Shit could get weird.

In the meantime, this:

I genuinely had to check the names to make sure someone hadn't recorded me playing somehow and turned it into a gif, because I did that exact. same. thing.  Just yesterday, in fact.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: October 07, 2014, 12:51:52 AM

What exactly happened there?  Looks like someone tried to jump the gap and got shot in the back?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: October 07, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

Looks like he air dashed straight into a wall.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #578 on: October 07, 2014, 04:25:03 AM

He triggered his "Death From Above" special which, if executed right, should have killed everyone on the platform. Instead, he mistimed it and rocketed into the side of the platform and bonked into the river below.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: October 07, 2014, 04:25:47 AM

With Hilarious results.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #580 on: October 07, 2014, 06:29:58 AM

I like that he was still willing to post that.

Is there friendly fire in PvP?  I know my own grenades hurt me, even in PvE, but I'm hoping not other people...
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: October 07, 2014, 07:20:30 AM

Well, my wife bought me a Destiny edition PS4. Add me on PSN with my terrible, terrible PSN name: NDizzl0r

Level 10!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #582 on: October 07, 2014, 08:15:36 AM

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #583 on: October 07, 2014, 08:34:50 AM

Yeah. I usually do NDizzle. Or NDizzl3. or 1. Something. Virtually EVERYTHING is taken on XBL and PSN.
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: October 07, 2014, 09:01:54 AM

Virtually EVERYTHING is taken on XBL and PSN.

This is true.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #585 on: October 07, 2014, 09:49:22 AM

I got recruited into a raid last night because I was hanging out around the vault of glass shooting the Vex that guarded the gate after seeing the crew that was trying it fail miserably. Just as we get the gate open, some random level 10 rushes in and loots the first chest.

Ballsy little fucker.  awesome, for real

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #586 on: October 07, 2014, 11:12:20 AM

I'm at the point now where I'm doing the raid twice on two different characters. Send help.

Sadly, at a certain point, you're waiting at the mercy of RNG to bless you with gear that will help you hit light level 30, but there's no purpose to hitting light level 30, so it's not the end of the world.

Looking forward to see how stupid Iron Banner is gonna be, though. Suros Regimes and Vex Mythoclasts everywhere.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #587 on: October 07, 2014, 11:17:53 AM

some random level 10 rushes in and loots the first chest.

I think Nija mentioned he was level 10.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: October 07, 2014, 11:27:54 AM

Not a coincidence. If I knew what the hell you were talking about, and where it was, you're goddamn right I would have looted it!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #589 on: October 07, 2014, 04:01:05 PM

Virtually EVERYTHING is taken on XBL and PSN.

This is true.

I got mine right off the bat.

Heisenboggs if you want to add me.

Edited to add: So, a day into Iron Banner, the tears of the broshooter hardcores flow like waters of the Nile.

"I can't pwn the noobs like is my right as a console catass!"

"Nerf special abilities in IB!"

Then there's the min/maxers who see they're not going to win a match and quit before it ends to look for another match. Sadly, there's no penalty for leaving, so it happens. Even when they've still got a chance of winning. If it's not a blowout, they bail.

Asshats.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:17:48 PM by Surlyboi »

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #590 on: October 09, 2014, 05:04:22 AM

This is why I don't do crucible. Ever. At all.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #591 on: October 09, 2014, 05:25:57 AM

It doesn't happen as much in straight crucible as it does in IB.

That said, I was on a team that stuck it out last night and came back to win in the last five seconds. It was awesome.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: October 09, 2014, 09:21:37 AM

This is why I don't do crucible. Ever. At all.

Yup seems like if my team gets behind next time I look we have like 3 people left on my team as all the others bailed looking for another matchup so I am just stuck getting punted around outnumbered 3 to 1
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: October 09, 2014, 10:26:11 AM

Yeah, it's amazing how much of a difference it made to not reward people at all for not winning.  I saw almost zero bailing before IB, now it happens every match.  Oopsie, Bungie.

Edit:  Also, in "wow, i didn't see this coming" news, my girlfriend hit level 24 on her Warlock last night.  She's never played an FPS game before in her life (honestly, I'm astounded she persevered long enough to grasp the controls... shit is complicated in FPS games if you haven't been playing them all your life).  It's amazing how much of a draw it is to see that you can dance with random people on the internet.  She LOVES the public events (she calls them "socials").
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 10:28:00 AM by Abelian75 »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #594 on: October 09, 2014, 11:01:38 AM

I managed to get my wife to dress up as her warlock for Halloween this year.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: