Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:14:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 393903 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #525 on: September 29, 2014, 01:38:03 PM

Exotic weapon quest requires me to kill real people with a void weapon, so that's the current holdup.  It's for a hand cannon, though, which I'm not really excited about.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #526 on: September 29, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

I'm currently outfitted in a combination of FWC, Vanguard and raid gear with an exotic gauntlet and assault rifle thrown in for good measure. I got a couple of pieces of the Queen's armor but they're not as good as the stuff I've got. I'm sitting at just below 27 because I need a shitton of spirit bloom and helium isotopes to upgrade my armor. On the whole, I'm still enjoying the shit out of it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #527 on: September 29, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

One thing that gets tiring at endgame is leveling up your gear. I'm 27 and most of my armor still has several more upgrade levels, with the shard component being the main cockblock, they are not easy to come by. It's fun getting those first few legendary armor pieces and getting some decent weapons, but then its a longass grind to properly upgrade them, and upgrading gear that you've been wearing for ages is nowhere near as fun as getting new gear. Even if I found say, a legendary helmet that had slightly preferable stat distribution, or just straight up looked cooler, it would be foolish to unequip my old helmet because of how much time and materials I've already sunk into upgrading it, then starting from scratch with the new armor.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #528 on: September 29, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

One thing that gets tiring at endgame is leveling up your gear. I'm 27 and most of my armor still has several more upgrade levels, with the shard component being the main cockblock, they are not easy to come by. It's fun getting those first few legendary armor pieces and getting some decent weapons, but then its a longass grind to properly upgrade them, and upgrading gear that you've been wearing for ages is nowhere near as fun as getting new gear. Even if I found say, a legendary helmet that had slightly preferable stat distribution, or just straight up looked cooler, it would be foolish to unequip my old helmet because of how much time and materials I've already sunk into upgrading it, then starting from scratch with the new armor.

^^ yep.

I made the effort and farmed my ass off - 100 helium/blooms/iron are sitting there waiting. Damn shards and energy are holding me up.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #529 on: September 29, 2014, 06:41:07 PM

I guess the way to go on shards is crucible but I fucking hate the PVP in this game.

I was about ready to quit then one of my best friends who now lives on the coast called me and I recalled I had never told him I bought a PS4. We instantly formed a fireteam with him and a work buddy of his I'm also sorta-friends with and we had a lot of fun chain-running strikes.

He was level 23, his work buddy was 22, I was 21. We cheesed the living fuck out of the Queen's Wrath shit over and over and I picked up a legendary chest and helmet. Today the game was shitting Igrams all over me and shock of shocks, a legendary one actually decoded to a legendary Fusion Rifle.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #530 on: September 29, 2014, 07:28:51 PM

I'm really enjoying the hell out of this game, but I'm becoming frustrating with the social features (or lack thereof).  I'd really like to find a group to play with to do the raid, but I'm not especially interested in joining the many groups just working on the last boss.  Actually finding said people is incredibly hard since you can't actually interact with anyone in the game itself.  Hmph.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #531 on: September 30, 2014, 07:22:57 AM

Apparently you are expected to form a team among your real-life bros that you normally watch NFL and eat Doritos and drink Mtn Dew with.  I could try to team up with random people in the Tower, but fuck those guys.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #532 on: September 30, 2014, 07:38:09 AM

I'm really enjoying the hell out of this game, but I'm becoming frustrating with the social features (or lack thereof).  I'd really like to find a group to play with to do the raid, but I'm not especially interested in joining the many groups just working on the last boss.  Actually finding said people is incredibly hard since you can't actually interact with anyone in the game itself.  Hmph.
I have no idea if it's any good but I've been trying to learn more about the game and there is a website for that http://www.destinylfg.net/ .  There is also something that tries to estimate the public events http://destinypublicevents.com/ .  I also learned that if the red wedge on your radar is dark it means they are below you and bright means above.

And it's too late by now but how do you even get to the rocket yards, do you have to do the strike mission?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #533 on: September 30, 2014, 07:47:40 AM

I'm not sure I can correctly describe how to get to the Rocketyards.  It's past the place where the Fallen walker event occurs, which I think is through the hallways behind you when you drop in for Patrol.  Not towards the Skywatch (which is past the aircraft graveyard), but back where you came from originally and where you went to get your warp drive.

Once you get to the place where the Fallen walker spawns (can't remember the name of that area; large water area on the right, bunker straight ahead) you will move generally forward and there is a alleyway between buildings in the back.  When you see the Hive, you will know you are in the right place.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #534 on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:47 PM

When you drop in from patrols head back to the building where the first mission is, if your back is towards the water it's to the right. Pass the area where you killed the Archon to get the warp drive and eventually you'll pop out in the Divide where the fallen walker event takes place. Then follow what Yeg said.

Also that public events site you linked is great. On the Xbone it's usually off by a minute or two but close enough to find them. By far the fastest way to get Vanguard marks is to just farm those it seems to me. Also good for faction since you can grab patrols while waiting the few minutes for the events to spawn.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #535 on: September 30, 2014, 08:46:34 PM

I'm not sure I can correctly describe how to get to the Rocketyards.  It's past the place where the Fallen walker event occurs, which I think is through the hallways behind you when you drop in for Patrol.  Not towards the Skywatch (which is past the aircraft graveyard), but back where you came from originally and where you went to get your warp drive.

Once you get to the place where the Fallen walker spawns (can't remember the name of that area; large water area on the right, bunker straight ahead) you will move generally forward and there is a alleyway between buildings in the back.  When you see the Hive, you will know you are in the right place.
Ah okay I found it thanks.  That is a super chaotic area, I assume because it's normally used as the path to the strike.  Found some guy doing the loot cave, watched for a few minutes, and then decided I'm not going to do that.

Seperate note, I really hate how mobs seem to be able to 'feel' my sniper rifle's reticle on them and take cover.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #536 on: October 01, 2014, 04:41:42 AM

They do; point it at them, wait for them to juke, then shoot.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #537 on: October 01, 2014, 06:11:38 AM

This game can be bizarre at times. I played last night for two hours without dropping once. Weird thing is, no one else was in the game with me. Earth, Tower twice and Mars, never saw another player. Was as if I suddenly found offline mode.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #538 on: October 01, 2014, 06:46:37 AM

I didn't get a disconnect yesterday either.  I hope it stays that way, I didn't see a patch so maybe it was server side/network devices/Rogers.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #539 on: October 01, 2014, 09:12:20 AM

That is a super chaotic area, I assume because it's normally used as the path to the strike.

It's super chaotic because the Fallen are fighting the Hive at that location, which is also why Murdercloset exists there.

We are trying to get strong enough to reliably do the lv 28 weekly but last night we just gave up.  I got a slightly-better blue scout rifle, but a purple primary or secondary weapon would really help me out.  Fortunately, my team has one of each class; I'm specced for Bubbles and the warlock is solar... not sure what the hunter is doing except dying in remote corners of boss arenas.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #540 on: October 01, 2014, 09:16:46 AM

We are trying to get strong enough to reliably do the lv 28 weekly but last night we just gave up.  I got a slightly-better blue scout rifle, but a purple primary or secondary weapon would really help me out.  Fortunately, my team has one of each class; I'm specced for Bubbles and the warlock is solar... not sure what the hunter is doing except dying in remote corners of boss arenas.
Ranger down!
Terracotta Army

Reply #541 on: October 01, 2014, 10:17:05 AM

That is a super chaotic area, I assume because it's normally used as the path to the strike.

It's super chaotic because the Fallen are fighting the Hive at that location, which is also why Murdercloset exists there.

I am 6 radiant energies away from completing my purple autorifle. My end game has become chasing public events in the hope of shards and energy dropping.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #542 on: October 01, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Ranger down!

God yes.

With Valus Ta'aurc:
*hunter dies*
"What are you DOING over there?"
"nuthin"
"Damn right, nothing."

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #543 on: October 01, 2014, 08:19:56 PM

We are trying to get strong enough to reliably do the lv 28 weekly but last night we just gave up.  I got a slightly-better blue scout rifle, but a purple primary or secondary weapon would really help me out.  Fortunately, my team has one of each class; I'm specced for Bubbles and the warlock is solar... not sure what the hunter is doing except dying in remote corners of boss arenas.
Ranger down!

Rain starts. Ranger dies.

I've got a situational build. Maxed Blade Dancer and damn near maxed Gunslinger. Depending on the strike or raid I'll switch up. Sometimes in the middle, if there's a slow point. I usually end up rezzing the dead because I can crouch out to go invisible and slide in and res and run. With Valus, I'll go for the headshots with the sniper rifle and then Golden Gun it because his run is pretty much all about distance and the one time I went Arcblade on him, I got the shit stomped out of me.

Also, in PVE if you crouch behind cover and then zoom your weapon, you pop out of cover to fire automatically and then pop back down when you zoom out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:26:40 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #544 on: October 02, 2014, 06:56:35 AM

Well, I'm at two straight days of playing without seeing another soul in the game anywhere. Downside of that is that I also don't get chest spawns when there's no one else in my instance.

I'm level 20 now, was so excited when I reached Vanguard 1! Then discovered that the vendors ignore you until you hit Vanguard 2. Best I can tell, there's no actual reason for Vanguard rank 1 to exist.
Need another 30 marks to get anything anyways, so I should be close to rank 2 by then.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #545 on: October 02, 2014, 07:11:04 AM

Maybe there just aren't as many people playing on xbox one but they still get the same number of instances as PS4, so everyone almost gets one to themselves.  Xbox wasn't even allowed to advertise Destiny because of their marketing deal with Sony.  Xbox people might also be waiting for the halo remakes instead?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #546 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:41 AM

Also, in PVE if you crouch behind cover and then zoom your weapon, you pop out of cover to fire automatically and then pop back down when you zoom out.

The game and I sometimes disagree on what is and isn't cover.

Terracotta Army

Reply #547 on: October 02, 2014, 07:51:05 AM

The game and I sometimes disagree on what is and isn't cover.

Given that most mobs that you need cover for are shooting shit that has a ton of splash dmg, I can see why I take dmg hiding behind something.

Now the thing that is really getting to me, which did not seem to affect me earlier in the game are the snipers, vandals and hobgoblins. They seem to be able to 2 shot me each time, even at lvl 27 (though that doesn't mean much when you are level-matched in PvE). It seems like snipers are now just automatically headshotting me and they are predicting my movement pretty damn well - even while continuously moving erratically. I suspect they were tuned up recently and have a knack for headshots.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #548 on: October 02, 2014, 07:53:18 AM

That guy in the tank was able to lead me and put a shell in me while I'm floating through the air.  Normally I can dodge his shit after he fires, but I thought that was cool.

Hobgoblins on a strike with increased solar damage are incre-- oops, I'm dead.

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #549 on: October 02, 2014, 08:38:59 AM

Wow, mind blown.  I've put in an embarrassing number of hours into this game, and can't believe I hadn't noticed that yet.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #550 on: October 02, 2014, 10:21:57 AM

Isn't that pretty standard in cover based shooters? I don't even play any, and I remember it working that way in Mass Effect.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #551 on: October 02, 2014, 10:30:05 AM

This really isn't a cover based shooter though, in that you don't "lock" to cover.

I'm level 20 and I also don't know what this "slide" thing people talk about is.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #552 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:38 AM

Think it happens if you press crouch while sprinting.  My understanding is it's mostly a pvp thing because people who were aiming at your head while you were running at them wind up shooting empty air.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #553 on: October 02, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

Sliding is slightly faster than sprinting, but it only goes a short distance and you end up crouched. I use it a lot to slide behind cover if I'm getting shot at by stuff, especially in raids.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #554 on: October 02, 2014, 08:35:08 PM

Got my first legendary from a blue. Fucker owed me after all the legendary engrams that came out blue. Even better luck it was a fusion rifle which I really wanted.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #555 on: October 03, 2014, 06:28:15 AM

Tried a Heroic solo at 21 last night for the first time just because I could and I know the Queen's missions are time limited.

Oops. Didn't even make it to the no-respawn zone. Apparently I need a better selection of elemental Sniper Rifles. Solo is really tough against enemies that can two shot you combined with shields that regen faster than I hurt them.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #556 on: October 03, 2014, 07:17:33 AM

Think it happens if you press crouch while sprinting.  My understanding is it's mostly a pvp thing because people who were aiming at your head while you were running at them wind up shooting empty air.

Yup when sprinting hit crouch you will slide and it puts you into a crouch so its useful to slide into cover in a fire fight.
Terracotta Army

Reply #557 on: October 03, 2014, 07:24:17 AM

Tried a Heroic solo at 21 last night for the first time just because I could and I know the Queen's missions are time limited.

Oops. Didn't even make it to the no-respawn zone. Apparently I need a better selection of elemental Sniper Rifles. Solo is really tough against enemies that can two shot you combined with shields that regen faster than I hurt them.

Heroic gatelord mission is a freakin' nightmare for me solo. Hobgoblins don't even let me poke my head out to spot targets. Zap - zap dead.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #558 on: October 04, 2014, 07:46:43 AM

I play in a room with light so never noticed the ps4 controller light goes yellow when your ultimate is up, I've been thinking my controller was dying because the battery was draining too fast.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #559 on: October 04, 2014, 07:50:27 AM

I really dislike that controller light; you can't even disable it, all you can do is dim it.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: