Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bungie's Destiny  (Read 395417 times)
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #315 on: September 15, 2014, 03:26:33 PM

I fucking hate minotaurs.
Servitors are my favorite for weak spots. Their beholder-like eye is a big old bullseye.

Throw a grenade in there and watch what happens.  awesome, for real

Bonus if it is a magnetic grenade.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Wizards I hate, but they are a 2 shot mob once the shield goes down. I hate/love the fact they can and do go hide to recharge their shields.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:49 AM

wizards are the most annoying for me because the others are not that mobile so have a harder time recharging shields but with the smoke bomb/teleport and overall mobility wizards are a lot harder to pin down. Plus side if one is stupid enough to get next to me my new shotty two shots them from full shields.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #317 on: September 16, 2014, 06:17:35 AM

Wizards generally fall to my Sniper - the key is anticipating where they are going to hide once the shield drops so you can flank quickly to finish. Minotaurs are vulnerable to, um, my Rocket Launcher. I just pull it out by default when I see them.

Servitors I hate. To the point that I'll snipe them cross map in to an area that has nothing to do with my mission.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #318 on: September 16, 2014, 07:16:28 AM

I believe I completed the story last night.  I was going to have a rough time in the final fight, but my previously-underleveled friend jumped in, and he was level 20.  Together we finished up, and I put on the earpiece after the fight and heard "Looks like I just did the final story mission?"  Ho ho!

The best part was that once we finished, I reached level 21 and that really annoyed my jobless friend.  Turns out he didn't have any equipment with +Light.  He suggested that I was fucking with him when I said I found two armor pieces from engrams which had +Light, but that's understandable since I'm never the guy in the lead.  I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

This morning I found a better +Light piece in a chest on the moon.  Whee!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #319 on: September 16, 2014, 07:31:07 AM

I have this for the 360 and I'm hating the load times and the fact that I have to sit through those pesky cut-scenes even if I've seen them already.  I do love the gun play, though, and that's keeping me playing. 

Also, there are 3 es in Wheee!.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #320 on: September 16, 2014, 08:54:40 AM

How many os in `Whoops!`?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #321 on: September 16, 2014, 09:23:32 AM

I have this for the 360 and I'm hating the load times and the fact that I have to sit through those pesky cut-scenes even if I've seen them already.  I do love the gun play, though, and that's keeping me playing. 

Also, there are 3 es in Wheee!.
The loading times are horrific in this game and made a billion times worse with their stupid mission selection UI which has it's own extremely lengthy loading time. It's so bad that just loading a loading screen takes a long time and then you get to wait some more on the loading screen itself.

Fortunately once you are a map (which are quite large) everything is streamed in the background so you don't have to wait around for more stuff to load.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #322 on: September 16, 2014, 09:54:37 AM

Your hate, I can smell it.  awesome, for real

That said, I'm 23 now and my light only grows. As much as it pains me to say so, I'm assembling a group of my monkeys to tackle the Vault of Glass. After getting my ass handed to me last night on Venus, I'm pretty sureI know where it is. I just need the crew to crack it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #323 on: September 16, 2014, 10:56:03 AM

I've determined that the loading screen from orbit is a two-parter: first you sit there while connecting (or not) to a instance, then you fly during the map load.  I don't know what load times are like on other systems but they are long on PS4, dependent on one or two variables.  Descending to a map that you just left, is fortunately much quicker.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #324 on: September 16, 2014, 11:06:28 AM

Your hate, I can smell it.  awesome, for real
Heh. And just to rub salt into the wound you have to hold down a button and wait for an interminable length of time just for the privilege of starting to load another slow loading screen.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #325 on: September 16, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

Yea, I am also mystified by that one.  Why do I need to hold down the button to leave the mission summary screen?  On the other hand, it's not a gamebreaker by any stretch.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: September 16, 2014, 01:58:30 PM

It's not, but the game is suffering from death by a thousand cuts to me. The story sucks, you can't skip it, lots of long load times even PS4, generally bland loot, repetitive content, etc. etc. I played it really hardcore the first few days, but now I find myself picking up my Vita to play Nep Nep instead. I can't be arsed to finish the story, I'm over team-based PVP in general (and awful at it because thumbsticks), and grinding missions to get better gear just seems very unappealing. Destiny seems to only have the worst bits of MMOs and not nearly enough of the good bits.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #327 on: September 16, 2014, 02:27:05 PM

Is this the kind of thing that people here are saying might suck, but in reality it's selling like crazy and immensely popular?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #328 on: September 16, 2014, 02:30:31 PM

It's already being discounted 50% (and supposedly Best Buy will price match) so I would say it's probably not selling as well as anticipated.

http://findnsave.ajc.com/circular/BrandsMart-USA-Weekly-Ad/r10120/1/
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #329 on: September 16, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

It broke preorder records or something, which means nothing.  It probably sold a ton of copies out side of that.  This pretty much means nothing as well: it's from Bungie (Halo hype) and the next gen systems don't really have a ton of other shit to buy (unless you need your Madden/FIFA fix).  It's gotten somewhat mixed reaction critically.  

The reception here may be due to a number of reasons: we're skewed toward PC, console shooters aren't typically popular here, Halo isn't particularly popular here, and the I imagine the next gen adoption rate here isn't stellar.

I wouldn't expect this to do great here although the people that I would expect to like it, do.  There's few people I would have bet $100 liking it, even if they were never shipped the game and instead opened their day one package to find a box filled with used condoms, scorpions, and expired lunch meat.

It's selling well (I assume) and extremely popular because there's no way it would be anything other than that.  

-Rasix
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: September 16, 2014, 02:56:30 PM

FPS are the dominant selling genre and have been for a while, so it's no surprise it's doing well. What will really tell is if there are still a ton of people playing after COD drops in November.

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #331 on: September 16, 2014, 06:41:47 PM

It's gotten pretty bad reviews considering it was supposed to be the biggest PS4/XB1 property of all time. I can see why some people like it but it has large undeniable problems.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #332 on: September 16, 2014, 07:57:28 PM

Games Radar sez STFU.

While I agree with a decent chunk of the article, it starts to smell a lot like...

That said, I'm still enjoying the fuck out of it and stabbing that random asshole that only uses the fusion rifle in the face is infinitely satisfying.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #333 on: September 16, 2014, 07:58:40 PM

Your hate, I can smell it.  awesome, for real
Heh. And just to rub salt into the wound you have to hold down a button and wait for an interminable length of time just for the privilege of starting to load another slow loading screen.

There's a lot of baffling design decisions. The most recent one I ran into is that there is no matchmaking for the weekly Strike mission despite the fact that they are the same strike missions you normally do (which do have matchmaking). I knew they were doing this shit for the raids, but why cockblock me from getting the weekly rewards from a Strike I've done several times with random people already?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #334 on: September 16, 2014, 08:25:31 PM

Yeah, that's really bad. And what's worse is that you can sometimes get into a strike with two randoms who then decide to fuck off and farm spinmetal instead of doing the strike.

And apparently a group completed the raid already.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: September 16, 2014, 09:05:38 PM

Yeah, that's really bad. And what's worse is that you can sometimes get into a strike with two randoms who then decide to fuck off and farm spinmetal instead of doing the strike.

And apparently a group completed the raid already.
Is that supposed to be surprising? I mean, Bungie pretended their content was hard but so has every other MMO dev only to see it roflstomped on launch day.

That Games Radar article was really stupid. "You can't review an MMO until it's patched in all the fun." Ohhhhh, I see.

Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: September 17, 2014, 05:47:10 AM

Eh, I watched some of the streams, and it looks pretty hard.  It took the first group all day to beat the normal mode, and I think most other people were still beating their heads against the first boss.  That's pretty much the difficulty they were claiming to be shooting for with the normal mode version.  I dunno, i thought it looked pretty cool.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #337 on: September 17, 2014, 06:05:01 AM

Having spent time playing post-20 Destiny, I'll agree that there is another game there.  Is it a fun game?  So far it is, but let's see what I think in a week or two.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #338 on: September 17, 2014, 07:56:54 AM

That Games Radar article was really stupid. "You can't review an MMO until it's patched in all the fun." Ohhhhh, I see.

IE - We know it probably isn't great, but we've been paid to write positive news, so we're going to shame you while we gather more intel on the positives.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #339 on: September 17, 2014, 09:03:01 AM

I'm not sure that's the case because I feel like the shooting is far and away the strongest element.  The other parts would ideally provide stickiness, but like I was saying before, not sure how sticky it makes the entire experience.

I can say that the idea of grinding out reputation is looking a bit grim in the morning sunlight.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: September 17, 2014, 12:13:07 PM

I don’t think either of our groups got any actual loot.

Some dudes were the first to beat the new Destiny raid.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/the-group-who-conquered-destinys-first-raid/1100-5021/
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #341 on: September 17, 2014, 01:03:19 PM

Best place for loot continues to be chests in deserted offices and caves. Ohhhhh, I see.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: September 18, 2014, 08:12:34 PM

This game is really good.

I'm using a keyboard+mouse adapter on PS4 and rolling around with a handcannon and a sniper rifle.

You using XIM4?

No, a Cronus MAX - www.controllermax.com

My PC is right next to my PS4 so it just pipes that to the controls and does the translation.
Do you have the original version or the new version? The new is sold out like, everywhere but if the original works I might pull the trigger.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #343 on: September 19, 2014, 05:16:31 AM

No loot from the hardest raid in the whole game? I can't believe this is happening in 2014. I also don't believe the article, I am pretty sure those folks where dying inside for the lack of loot.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #344 on: September 19, 2014, 07:58:21 AM

Also I think the loot in PVP matches is completely random and not based on performance. So you can go into a PVP match, be the worst person on a team by a mile but still possibly have the loot gods hand you legendaries while the rest of the team gets dick.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: September 19, 2014, 09:26:22 AM

I've only been watching streams (so correct me if I'm wrong) but that's kind of misleading though, isn't it?  There's like 4-5 gear drops in the raid before the final boss and the final boss does drop a unique shader set which I'm sure people are going to want and materials which everyone is grinding for.   Do people really want best in slot drops that come from a specific boss?
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: September 19, 2014, 10:25:34 AM

I want a huge shower of loot out of every big boss encounter, that's the point of these games. Even Bungie was hyping about the awesome exotic weapons that change the game yadda yadda. But this current model sounds basically as exciting as launch D3.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #347 on: September 19, 2014, 10:28:03 AM

No it's much worse than launch D3 in terms of loot. Loot is horrible in this game in every way possible including how difficult it is to actually see loot drops when they happen (which is rarely).
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #348 on: September 19, 2014, 10:46:53 AM

$500M and they fuck up loot. There's some irony.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #349 on: September 19, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

Fuck that noise. I looted a gun that fucking finds treasure the other day and it fell off some jabroni mob that just happened to have the bad luck of being in my way.

Loot is fucking awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bungie's Destiny  
Jump to: