Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Complaints, gripes, kvetches... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complaints, gripes, kvetches...  (Read 221473 times)
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:36 AM

I think it bodes well that a complaint thread has not been made yet. Outside of the biggest one of losing progress jumping in and out games I really don't have many. One issue that jumps out at me is looking at your gear in the auction house. I get that I can't auction damaged items but it sucks that you can't even see the detailed description if it's damaged. Sometimes I just want to look at my gear to see if it's something I want to upgrade.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:46:53 AM

To be honest, the game isn't grabbing me like D2 did. It's probably just an age thing, but I couldn't be bothered to play it until like 9:00-10:00 PM last night even though I got home at 6. I played for an hour, then decided I'd rather just sleep in than continue playing.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:48:47 AM

You can't buy pots on the AH. There's simply no way to.  They don't drop often enough for me to bother farming them so I'm stuck on Diablo because my class has a hard time on him and I'm potionless now.   Whee.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 09:58:38 AM

You can buy potions from vendors in the Keep.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 10:12:10 AM

Well shit.  awesome, for real

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 10:15:00 AM

I think there are a few npcs that sell potions, but you could always manually change your quest to something earlier and farm some potions. Alternatively, join someone elses game so your current progress in your quest isn't reset and do the same.

My complaint is also about the AH. It ruins a lot of the fun of finding new gear or crafting something cool. I can either spend 8k gold and a bunch of materials trying 4 times to create a decent chest piece, or I can just go to the AH and buy something way better than anything I could ever make for 2k gold.

Since bosses drop items that are 6-8 levels below what you actually are by the time you get to them, that means that (for example) buying a level 28 weapon before the boss of act 3 via the AH means that you are actually buying items that dropped at the end of act 4. The fact that items are not soul-bound and you can just resell what you bought out of the AH after you out-level it ensures that prices probably won't ever go down. There will only be more copies of each item in the market place as time goes on.

The prices are completely out of sync with the normal game economy. An amazing rare hat in the AH costs less than a shitty blue hat 10 levels lower from an NPC. It actually costs more money to turn 9 chipped rubies into a normal ruby than it costs to just buy a normal ruby on the AH. I'm used to games rewarding you for taking the gameplay route rather than the AH shortcut, but Diablo 3 is not one of those games.

I try to ignore the AH so drops I find might actually be useful (rather than being 8 levels behind what I could find on the AH and with inferior stats), but the AH situation makes me feel like I'm throwing money away when I craft. The 8k gold for 4 bad chest pieces actually happened last night. I also spent ~4k to turn 9 chipped rubies into a regular ruby, when I could have bought 4 rubies for that price if I'd just used the AH.

It's a pretty big oversight on Blizzard's part that is at least partially due to the beta having such a small amount of content. They could have implemented a few easy fixes before the game launched. Bosses should drop more level-appropriate loot so that what you get through gameplay might actually rival what you can buy in the AH. Auctions should have a minimum bid and minimum buyout price that is more in sync with prices seen in the game. I can't ignore the thought that this under-cooked feature was kept in the game because it was going to be a persistent revenue source for Blizzard.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:24:40 AM

It's a solid game, but I'm not as in love with it as I was with D2 and D1.

It's a very post-WoW Diablo. I didn't like that aspect of the Butcher fight. D1 you let the Butcher loose and good luck, motherfucker! Butcher2 is all scripted and stolid. Don't stand in the fire!  Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm finding picking up gold and items to be too fiddly. I often pick up stuff next to each other that I didn't want. Like a blue in a bunch of greys and I wind up picking up the greys when I click on the blue.

Story... there's too much story! The lore pickups are kind of cool, but everyone has some fucking thing to say, and the angels plot is overwought. D1 was just right, and D2 was acceptable, but D3 seems afraid to let go of story and stand on it's gameplay.

So, that's my impressions after completing Act 1.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 10:27:25 AM

I'm loving it and I wasn't a big D1/2 fan. But I Agree completely about the AH. The economy is a disaster and it's taking a lot of fun out of the game.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 10:29:05 AM

Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 10:51:03 AM

The gem system is weird.  I don't understand the drop rate.  I haven't got any at lvl 16 but I can buy a flawless on for only 3k in the hardcore AH?  Ruby are incredibly strong at low lvl, it doubles your DPS and makes any non-slotted weapon useless.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 11:00:53 AM

No real major complaints about the game so far, other than a bit of rubberbanding occasionally.  My big gripe is the AH sorting, which needs work.  With the sheer amount of merchandise on the AH, there's simply not enough ways to hone down useful gear for myself.  A bid/buyout range would be very helpful.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 11:03:20 AM

The gem system is weird.  I don't understand the drop rate.  I haven't got any at lvl 16 but I can buy a flawless on for only 3k in the hardcore AH?  Ruby are incredibly strong at low lvl, it doubles your DPS and makes any non-slotted weapon useless.

You'll start seeing gems drop in Act 2. Flawless are (iirc) drops from Act 1 nightmare, so it's pretty asinine that you can buy them for 3k gold in the AH on a hardcore char currently in act 1 or 2 normal.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 11:05:46 AM

Gems won't start dropping until the end of act II, maybe mid-act III if I recall right. After that they start dropping quite a lot. Flawless drop semi-frequently off rares and elites by nightmare, and they are pretty easy to craft up to. Flawless is only the 4th tier out of 14 for gems, so 3K seems about right.

You'll start seeing gems drop in Act 2. Flawless are (iirc) drops from Act 1 nightmare, so it's pretty asinine that you can buy them for 3k gold in the AH on a hardcore char currently in act 1 or 2 normal.

Gems don't mean much if you don't have any socketed gear to put them in though.

MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 11:06:46 AM

A bid/buyout range would be very helpful.
There is a max buyout field, not exactly a range but I don't think you would want to set a minimum buyout anyways.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 11:10:44 AM

I hope schild doesn't see this thread awesome, for real
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 11:15:16 AM

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 11:36:29 AM

My list 'o feature requests:
- a distinctive sound for gem / ring drops
- "invisible" mode in the friends list. sometimes I just want to solo and not be bugged
- allow chat during cut scenes
- option to not show white items
- more flexible AH sorting
- saved searchs in the AH
- a way to save skill setups and reload them (so I can toggle between a solo-centric mage and a total glass cannon for groups, etc)

Mostly just little things that would improve the experience.  I'm having fun!

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 11:56:52 AM

There is a max buyout field, not exactly a range but I don't think you would want to set a minimum buyout anyways.

Setting any max buyout sets the min buyout to 1, filtering out any items without buyout price set. So just set the max to however much gold you have and sort by the buyout column to see the great deals.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 12:00:53 PM

I've got no complaints that haven't already been voiced. Played through normal SC once, and have slowly working my way through HC. With trading being as easy as it is, its basically like you and 10,000 of your friends all have a loot pool. I'm guessing once you get into nightmare hardcore that changes. Still, I have not seen any gear screenshots that have gotten me excited. Just Vitality, Primary, and + damage/DPS where applicable. I remember being excited when loot dropped in D2. Not sure if its rose colored glasses, but I remember tucking gear away on a mule and it deciding what my next character will be. Now its just "do I bother to list this on the AH, or should I just vendor/shard it?"

Does anyone remember what D2 1.0 was like lootwise? I'm pretty sure what I'm remembering is after LoD and multiple patches. For that matter, has anyone heard anything about content patches? Do you think they would do something like set drops, or release of a batch of new gear with interesting modifiers on it? On that point, with the way they designed the game, can you even have "interesting" gear? With each class having its own resource and no ranks to skills, it seems much tougher to design in my head.
Job601
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 12:02:47 PM

Setting any max buyout sets the min buyout to 1, filtering out any items without buyout price set. So just set the max to however much gold you have and sort by the buyout column to see the great deals.

I agree that the auction house robs some of the fun out of the leveling experience, but honestly we don't really know yet what the economy will be like once most people have hit max level.  Crafting may be more useful then ( or not ,who knows.)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 12:09:42 PM

I don't really care about any of the loot drops since I can buy incredible rares from the auction house for a pittance.  This of course takes away a lot of the excitement of a loot based game.  The only thing that would get my attention right now is a legendary drop, and even then I wouldn't be too excited.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 12:17:16 PM

I don't really care about any of the loot drops since I can buy incredible rares from the auction house for a pittance.  This of course takes away a lot of the excitement of a loot based game.  The only thing that would get my attention right now is a legendary drop, and even then I wouldn't be too excited.

Yeah, it's a pretty strange situation.  I love the actual game, but a lot of the loot excitement goes away due to the AH, and I instead end up feeling like a single dude among millions just contributing my tiny little share to the massive loot pool.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 12:22:15 PM

I have a very love hate relationship with the AH.  I'm really liking being able to find great gear and upgrades for cheap.  But on the other hand it really takes away from grinding the game for gear because I know whatever Rare I just got off a boss, I can get a better one on the AH.  I'm also not a fan of the 60 level cap, in D2 you could always progress a little closer to 99.  Now it will be hit 60, nothing left to do but get gear.

Really enjoying the game and I'm sure I'll put a ton of time into, but I do agree with the comments that you can tell this is "post-WoW Diablo".

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 12:31:16 PM

From my memories of Diablo 2, all the awesome items I got for my characters were from trading. It was impossible to completely kit out your character in ubergear using just your own drops, so I'm not really getting the 'AH ruins the loot' thing, because for me it just streamlined the trading interface.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 12:33:14 PM

I am seriously fascinated by you guys letting the AH mess everything up for you.

God Save the Horn Players
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:28 PM

I am seriously fascinated by you guys letting the AH mess everything up for you.

Me too. 

I ignore its existence.  Makes the game more fun.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:44 PM

People like to complain.  Imagine the nerd rage if there was no AH.  The neckbeards would burn the internets down!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 12:50:00 PM

Me too. 

I ignore its existence.  Makes the game more fun.

I haven't ignored it 100%, but I basically only use it when I've gone MANY MANY levels without an upgrade to a slot (my DH's gloves were very sad indeed, for example, so I finally bought a new pair and uh ... I think I bought a wand for my wizard). I guess it "helps" that the AH is sort of assy to sort through because there's so much crap on it? I don't know.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 01:00:07 PM

My list 'o feature requests:
- a distinctive sound for gem / ring drops

Hell yeah. Boggled me that Blizz missed that one.

- "invisible" mode in the friends list. sometimes I just want to solo and not be bugged

I'd like a flag you set while your'e playing. "LFG" means you will accept party requests. "NLFG" means you autoreject them. Visible icon on your friends list.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 01:04:56 PM

I love this game and have no complaints.

I am finding (at level 48 or so) that the AH awesome prices for great gear is not happening for me. I can't afford gear that will put me at the edge, so I hope to buy some and meanwhile am going back to the beginning of Act 4 to get cash. I do have my full second tab bought in my stash, and have JC maxed until I hit Hell, and am working on upping my blacksmithing (despite not actually crafting anything yet).

Out of all the crap that drops, I've found a few really great pieces that I can use. I have vendored crap without even checking to see if it's worth auctioning or not (I stopped doing that at 40 due to high prices at the AH). I found one super yellow helm for my Barb once she hits 40 (I could sell it but then again, it's better than anything I've seen on the AH so I'm not going to).

I wish I had a handy guide that gives the ranges of the stats for gear.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 01:21:08 PM

Stats that aren't primary are also important since dex = dodge, str=armor and int=resists for all classes.

I'm noticing that gems are going to be a lot more important than the base items in the long run.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 02:02:19 PM

Why do I need to right click an item to identify them now? There is no consumable, why is this needed?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 02:08:09 PM

To give you that brief moment of "omg what is it" before being annoyed you got a wizard offhand with +30 str on it or whatever.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 02:49:11 PM

Well losing game progress because you get disconnected from the servers is bad. I lost 3 hours of gameplay (including a golden and several purple items) from "you got disconnected" errors.

It's one thing to try and prevent pirating from forced online gaming it's another to lose progress and items from the inane checkpointing system. At least let me save in town or fucking remember my chars state if you disconnect me.

I get a bad WoW flashback from Diablo 3, starts with the login scren, ends with the achievements.

It's also not as compelling or gripping as 2 was.

Positive: It's probably the most streamlined and polished game experience yet. You get to everything with the minimal amount of clicks. Skills are balanced quite well and the story missions are perfectly balanced between short and long intricate and straightforward.

That perfect polish makes it perfectly bland though.

Cut scenes are awesomely animated. Detailed with nearly no uncanny valley. You could make a movie from this.

It has all the ingredients of Diablo, including that addictive quality that makes you play hours upon hours. It feels a bit to polished and bland though.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 03:04:22 PM

Why do I need to right click an item to identify them now? There is no consumable, why is this needed?

Originally I thought this was done so people could trade unidentified things on the AH, but then I found that I couldn't post an unidentified item.  It's a head-scratcher.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Complaints, gripes, kvetches...  
Jump to: