Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Complaints, gripes, kvetches... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complaints, gripes, kvetches...  (Read 225753 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: May 20, 2012, 05:06:13 AM

Every toon has to play through all the difficulty levels? That is brutal.

I thought once you unlocked them on one toon, you had the choice to play them on your other ones.

How would that work?  The difficulty levels don't start over at level 1, you continue the progression of the character.  By this logic if you unlocked Inferno on one character would you just get free level 60s?  These aren't like Torchlight difficulties which are easy/normal/hard/very hard all starting from level 1.
Sion Verdox
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 20, 2012, 05:22:31 AM

The economy is totally wack! I was just on the AH equiping a lvl 25 barb and you can buy legendary items for next to nowt.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 20, 2012, 05:23:37 AM

"The Servers Are Too Busy At This Time."

Ohhhhh, I see.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Sion Verdox
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 20, 2012, 05:26:43 AM

"The Servers Are Too Busy At This Time."

Ohhhhh, I see.

Getting that now as well :) They still cant get that right can they.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 20, 2012, 08:07:19 AM

In this age of single player games going down for emergency maintenance, I'm getting significant mileage out of Tera.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: May 20, 2012, 08:16:07 AM

One would thing if I have the burning need to make a Single Player game Online only, I at least get the Logon Servers working on a Sunday.
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 20, 2012, 08:17:40 AM

Got up this morning to check auctions and all my items and money are gone except whats on auction.  Character is level 33 still and game was back to normal mode from nightmare.  Not sure if I was hacked or if this happened after my computer crashed last night and its bugged out somehow, put in a ticket but I dont expect to get anything back.  Reading lots of people with the same problem apparently.  Im playing the correct region so thats not it.  I dont use an authenticator since I quit WOW over 6 years ago although I did just order one.  Guess I will have to play through some normal mode to try and regain money and items back so I can get back to nightmare mode.  /sigh
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 20, 2012, 08:19:56 AM

One would thing if I have the burning need to make a Single Player game Online only, I at least get the Logon Servers working on a Sunday.

Currently playing on the US Servers.

This is a fucking joke.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: May 20, 2012, 08:28:54 AM

I turned on the General chat yesterday and the very first message I see is a gold farmer.  Switched it right back off.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #79 on: May 20, 2012, 08:50:20 AM

To be honest, the game isn't grabbing me like D2 did. It's probably just an age thing, but I couldn't be bothered to play it until like 9:00-10:00 PM last night even though I got home at 6. I played for an hour, then decided I'd rather just sleep in than continue playing.

But you've still managed to get to 40. That doesn't sound like lack of interest. :)

30, rather. Also I literally only have my monk character right now. :P

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: May 20, 2012, 08:55:12 AM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 20, 2012, 09:06:13 AM

Your Call is Important to Us.  Please Wait While We Grease Your Anus.  Thank you for Holding.  Your Call is Important to Us.

Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 20, 2012, 09:17:26 AM

I dont think I got hacked, sounds like a bunch of people had same occurence and its on their end.  Items and gold missing, characters untouched, game reset to normal mode.  People with authenticators having same problem
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: May 20, 2012, 09:24:07 AM

Well, I guess if I get rolled back to Normal then that makes the decision for me whether I'm going to start another class or head into Nightmare. Probably the best thing for me would be to take a night off. Ohhhhh, I see.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 20, 2012, 09:52:12 AM

You could always play on US server (thought the friends list and characters are different).
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 20, 2012, 10:12:50 AM

Europe being down for 4 hours on a Sunday afternoon is just unforgivable. It's not even like WoW where they can at least credit your account for the day.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: May 20, 2012, 10:14:07 AM

Yeah, this is pretty piss poor. Going back to square one on the US servers isn't all that much fun.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: May 20, 2012, 10:31:13 AM

A Real Money Auction House.

Wow, so looking forward to THAT now.

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: May 20, 2012, 10:43:44 AM

The gem system is weird.  I don't understand the drop rate.  I haven't got any at lvl 16 but I can buy a flawless on for only 3k in the hardcore AH?  Ruby are incredibly strong at low lvl, it doubles your DPS and makes any non-slotted weapon useless.

This is actually working as intended (regardless of whether it's a good idea): blues have said that gems are supposed to be the "twink your second character" system.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: May 20, 2012, 10:51:23 AM

Complaint #1...Feeling some carpal tunnel on my mouse hand for the first time since WoW vanilla days.

Yah, this. My arm is starting to feel the beginnings of major pain to come.  I imagine in a week I'll have to take a break for a few days and go play console rpgs or something.  I just can't click this much for 2+ hours a day.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: May 20, 2012, 12:15:34 PM

The main difference, as near as I can tell, between this complaint thread and the ones we have for other releases is that people in this thread are complaining they can't play enough  why so serious?
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: May 20, 2012, 01:31:06 PM

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: May 20, 2012, 01:53:37 PM

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: May 20, 2012, 02:05:33 PM

The funniest bit of that is them saying they have more sets and legendaries in the game than ever before and then you check out the AH and realise they just put the old ones in with new stats.

This whole thing sucks.  It's the Torchlight One of loot.

With Shit Servers.

Fucking clownshoes.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #94 on: May 20, 2012, 02:24:21 PM

- I feel terrible killing the loot goblins, I empathize more with them than any of these extremely dumb and gullible companions I hang out with.

- I am certain I could sell angelic vases back on earth for more than the couple dozen gold I find in 1/5 of the ones I smash.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #95 on: May 20, 2012, 02:26:46 PM

There is literally nothing I will not sprint blindly through in order to kill a loot goblin. Nothing.

God Save the Horn Players
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #96 on: May 20, 2012, 02:31:06 PM

There is literally nothing I will not sprint blindly through in order to kill a loot goblin. Nothing.

Same.  I'm amazed I haven't killed myself or entire parties as a side-effect of loot goblin chasing yet...
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: May 20, 2012, 02:35:40 PM

I didn't even know you could kill the treasure goblins until release. I guess I just never tried hard enough in beta and I didn't have monster health bars turned on, either.

I'm completely obsessed with blowing everything up that I can, even random desks, stools and ladders. Partly for the EXP bonus but mostly out of sheer glee. I blow up the angelic vases but it makes me feel bad.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: May 20, 2012, 02:57:39 PM

The funniest bit of that is them saying they have more sets and legendaries in the game than ever before and then you check out the AH and realise they just put the old ones in with new stats.

This whole thing sucks.  It's the Torchlight One of loot.

With Shit Servers.

Fucking clownshoes.

Sorry to say this but did you actually PLAY torchlight one? Whilst I do think Diablo 3 has loot issues, it's no where near as bad as the mess that was Torchlight 1. The entire game doesn't revolve around endlessly enchanting one weapon and hoping it doesn't break for one thing. Random items don't drop from the sky full covered in utterly useless stats no-one would ever want. (seriously torchlight loot had so many mods on the items and they were so bad!).

I think blizzard has forgotten the effect that uniques and set items dropping has on people even when they were low level sets you'd only use on an alt, or not even very good. At the moment for the vast majority of players diabo 3 only has two types of item - legendaries and sets are far, far too rare, and there aren't enough of them. Also having half of them be crafted sucks because the crafting system jus sucks...

(also, first time kills. Of bosses should ALWAYS have better loot on them, absolutely no idea why that stops after normal mode).
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: May 20, 2012, 03:00:37 PM

I hear you, sister.  I hear you.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: May 20, 2012, 03:15:31 PM

The worst part is, for my alt-itis addled mind, that you apparently have to slog through Normal mode every time you want to reroll a new class. I can take one challenge free playthrough just experiencing the story, but five times makes the whole thing way boring.

Now tell me I'm wrong about this.

You're wrong about this.

There are 5 characters. Each one plays differently. You can reskill any time you want. Before a boss, in a fight, whenever.

You'll beat Diablo by level 30 in Normal. You'll beat him by 50 in Nightmare. Maybe you'll beat him at 60 in Hell mode and maybe not. Maybe you'll beat him at 60 in Inferno mode and maybe not.

If you're playing Diablo for the story, then you probably won't enjoy it past Normal mode.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: May 20, 2012, 03:18:33 PM

Got up this morning to check auctions and all my items and money are gone except whats on auction.  Character is level 33 still and game was back to normal mode from nightmare.  Not sure if I was hacked or if this happened after my computer crashed last night and its bugged out somehow, put in a ticket but I dont expect to get anything back.  Reading lots of people with the same problem apparently.  Im playing the correct region so thats not it.  I dont use an authenticator since I quit WOW over 6 years ago although I did just order one.  Guess I will have to play through some normal mode to try and regain money and items back so I can get back to nightmare mode.  /sigh

When you are at your character screen, can you choose Nightmare mode on the Select Quest button?
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: May 20, 2012, 03:19:08 PM

I hear you, sister.  I hear you.

While chasing these guys I realized you can rush through levels without fighting if you need too. Just keep running, your companion will get lots of aggro but will disengage to keep up. The last couple of Spires or whatever in Normal before Diablo I just ran through them.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #103 on: May 20, 2012, 03:23:40 PM

Well losing game progress because you get disconnected from the servers is bad. I lost 3 hours of gameplay (including a golden and several purple items) from "you got disconnected" errors.

It's one thing to try and prevent pirating from forced online gaming it's another to lose progress and items from the inane checkpointing system. At least let me save in town or fucking remember my chars state if you disconnect me.

I sometimes "save" by leaving the game every so often. Usually after having found a new portal or whatnot. There should be regular autosaving and save-on-disconnect, though -  I agree.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Maledict
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:05 PM

I do hope that the first patch starts a ladder season and adds extra loot into the game. I really do feel like there are significantly less sets and uniques in thegame compared to D2.

(although to be fair D2 had exactly the same issue re weapon damage. A blue pike with the maximum damage mod was the best weapon a barbarian could get, for example, as that mod could only spawn on blue items and weapon damage range was by far the most vital stat).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Complaints, gripes, kvetches...  
Jump to: