Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:59:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  (Read 49636 times)
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 11:58:01 PM

He had 678 Vit and was using a shield, he wasn't esp. well geared (lazy gearing to be using flawless gems at our level) but only poor play can excuse what happened there imo he had the hp pool to give himself time to react and do something.

Are you saying 678 vital is low? Where did he die and what level was he?
And what's wrong with using a shield? Or are you saying a shield is good

I'm asking because I don't want my monk to meet the same fate...
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012, 12:05:02 AM

No I'm saying he had plenty of hp plus block to give him time to realize that he was taking the damage and do something about it. It was the last stretch of sewers in Act2 (the waterways) he was L40. I'm convincing myself it was a poor player at the controls problem and you can't gear to prevent that.

It was a hungerer -whatever that is- that landed the kill shot and honestly it was a distracting fight because all the shit happened at once but not a particularly scary one. I didn't use a pot or leap during the fight even after he was dead.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:09:31 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 06:07:13 AM

Dear Blizzard,

I understand you want to hotfix nerfs into the game because folks are beating  the game too fast, and you were all like "no one will ever beat our super hard game" during your press tour.  But if you are going to be lazy about it and not update the tooltips you have a minimum responsibility to let people know on the splash screen that some changes have been made you should be aware of.  I shouldn't be required to scan the forums every time I play to see how my defensive abilities have changed. 

RIP level 22 Demon hunter whose smokesceen tooltip still says it lasts 2 seconds.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012, 06:31:41 AM

Dear Blizzard,

I understand you want to hotfix nerfs into the game because folks are beating  the game too fast, and you were all like "no one will ever beat our super hard game" during your press tour.  But if you are going to be lazy about it and not update the tooltips you have a minimum responsibility to let people know on the splash screen that some changes have been made you should be aware of.  I shouldn't be required to scan the forums every time I play to see how my defensive abilities have changed. 

RIP level 22 Demon hunter whose smokesceen tooltip still says it lasts 2 seconds.

A stealth nerf that kills a HC character is 100% a legitimate complaint and I'd be pissed too.  Accusing Blizzard of only trying to stop people from beating Inferno because they are nerfing skill sets that were allowing people to be invincible is just stupid.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012, 06:40:29 AM

Dear Blizzard,

A stealth nerf that kills a HC character is 100% a legitimate complaint and I'd be pissed too.  Accusing Blizzard of only trying to stop people from beating Inferno because they are nerfing skill sets that were allowing people to be invincible is just stupid.
Yeah, i think that is a result of my rage.  I understand why the nerf had to occur.  But you know, like, tell me.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 07:07:47 AM

Yeah, i think that is a result of my rage.

Understandable, that's one of the reasons I'm not playing much HC.  Too many bs ways to die right now.  Had a normal char die a few days ago because I logged out in town and logged back in right in the middle of a nasty elite pack, I'd rage pretty good to lose a HC character that way.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53:35 AM

Yeah, i think that is a result of my rage.

Understandable, that's one of the reasons I'm not playing much HC.  Too many bs ways to die right now.  Had a normal char die a few days ago because I logged out in town and logged back in right in the middle of a nasty elite pack, I'd rage pretty good to lose a HC character that way.

Happened to me yesterday on my Barb out in the goatman territory. I always log at camp and when I popped into the game I had a yellow mob and two elite packs plus those god damn trees on me. Luckily I ran far enough through the zone to space them out enough to beat through. Still, I was a bit concerned at times.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 08:07:28 AM

Happened to me yesterday on my Barb out in the goatman territory.

This is exactly where it happened to me, and almost the same way.  Completed the "find the staff" quest, went to town and logged off for a while.  When I did "resume game" later in the night I popped out in the field by the cart the staff was on and am quickly killed by the elite pack that was almost on top of me.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:59 AM

Well, I started my HC wiz and I think I just enjoy the playstyle more. I'm trying to think of it as a Stonesoup dungeon crawl run. If I die, big whoop....I'll try a new class. My shitty router scares me though, more than any elite pack :) Level 11 and climbing, folks! I may just roll another couple guys to 10 so that when the inevitable happens, I'm already back to having skills again!

Slayerik#1699 if anyone plays evening/late evening EST and wants to roll sometime

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
lesion

Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 10:23:20 AM

This is exactly where it happened to me, and almost the same way.  Completed the "find the staff" quest, went to town and logged off for a while.  When I did "resume game" later in the night I popped out in the field by the cart the staff was on and am quickly killed by the elite pack that was almost on top of me.
I'm pretty sure the way it works is when you hit a checkpoint it'll save that location, and resuming takes you back to that spot with a fresh map (hence possible monsters). If you don't wanna zone into blood soup make sure you select the last quest you were on and confirm, then "start" the game instead of resume. You may lose quest progress but it's safer.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 11:32:20 AM

Happened to me yesterday on my Barb out in the goatman territory.

That isn't actually the end of a quest, just a checkpoint along the way. If you want to log back into town when you 'resume' a game you need to make sure you go all the way to a point where your last quest step was IN town.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19:16 PM

Well, I started my HC wiz and I think I just enjoy the playstyle more. I'm trying to think of it as a Stonesoup dungeon crawl run. If I die, big whoop....I'll try a new class. My shitty router scares me though, more than any elite pack :) Level 11 and climbing, folks! I may just roll another couple guys to 10 so that when the inevitable happens, I'm already back to having skills again!

Slayerik#1699 if anyone plays evening/late evening EST and wants to roll sometime

I'm down if people want to start up a fresh roll HC session.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:01 PM

I'd be down.

What's the 'safest' HC class these days?
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012, 05:51:39 PM

For normal its still gotta be Monk for NM it comes down to who is twinking their vit the hardest tbh.

-William Gibson
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012, 07:12:36 PM

Working on an HC demon hunter, up to level 15, Halls of Agony. Definitely gets your interest engaged more. A few close calls already.
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 24, 2012, 07:35:01 PM

I've got HC Barb, Monk, & Wiz all in the early teens and will look for yas.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #51 on: May 24, 2012, 11:27:05 PM

What do we think is the optimal size for a HC run? I ask, because 4-player SC is a mess, onscreen.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 08:45:03 AM

Is the HC stash and gold shared between HC characters, like the SC stash and gold is?

I had also read that you can make yourself lootable when you die, is that true too?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
lesion

Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 09:17:34 AM

What do we think is the optimal size for a HC run? I ask, because 4-player SC is a mess, onscreen.
I'd say 2 to be safe. Depends on gear and level as well though; if you're comfortably over it shouldn't really matter until Hell when champion mods get ugly.

Is the HC stash and gold shared between HC characters, like the SC stash and gold is?

I had also read that you can make yourself lootable when you die, is that true too?
Stash/gold/crafters work the same.
And no. As far as I'm aware, you can't be looted.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 09:17:45 AM

Yes.

No.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 09:48:19 AM

Beauty, thanks.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 10:10:05 AM

The optimal size really depends on class composition levels and zone. Reality is some mob types and zones are just way more dangerous than others. Act2 for instance should really be done duo as fast as possible and only one run except for the final Kuell part. In Act1 its all good except the fire torture place leading to Butcher, that place sort of sucks. Act3 is basically all good with four though parts are more dangerous than others depending on what chars you have. Act4 I've never farmed and only done it with four in a kill everything don't ask questions never come back sort of way. I'll get back with more info on that. Running with four is fine but you better have good hp pools for your levels and you can't bring any WD's who spam big aoe shit unless you are running a all ranged and using WD pet stuff to tank. Basically I only think WD's make the screen too busy and hard to read to the point that it becomes riskier for teammates.

If you can put  together four, especially on vent, knowing they will be four and plan your class comp and ability choices accordingly you'll be fine it might be a little more dangerous but it will be a LOT more fun and you should get more drops and if your trading drops between each other it should be all good.

I'd run:
-Barb Monk Wiz DH (I think this is optimal for not having gear that two people want, DH and Monk have less gear conflict than Wiz and WD imo)
-DH Monk Monk Barb (I think this might be the most powerful but I'd only do it if everyone was bringing their own gear and the DH was willing to go balls out glass cannon)
-WD Wiz Monk DH (If people were looking to play ranged in HC).

But honestly with some thought you can justify most lineups its just a question of if your doing it with 0 gold 0 twink gear to start you ought to consider the first lineup.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:29:58 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 10:20:03 AM

NotSoPro-tip:

If you don't mind messing up the atmosphere a bit, hit v to enable monster health bars. I'm sure this is probably common knowledge but it's helped me a bit since finding it.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 03:54:15 AM

New HC tip: don't do timed dungeons.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 05:43:38 PM

Did Jar of Souls just fine =p

My first HC char, Monk, has made it to level 14. I'm up to the dungeons below Leoric's manor. Will see how that goes tonight.

Protip so far; don't fight Vortex champion mobs and poison trees together.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 03:29:23 AM

My HC Monk beat the Butcher yesterday, at level 16. Fairly easy, but the burning floor thing did quite a bit of damage. The scariest part so far however was a golden charging beast with minions. Those things do some serious damage, would've died without heal and blind.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 11:42:13 AM

Killed a WD yesterday versus Kuell of all people. I sort of hated that character though so I argue it doesn't count.

-William Gibson
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 01:33:02 PM

Beli killed my barb the other day... Got caught up in the green spam from hell, moved my mouse to an area outside and hit leap. Yeah... cursor must have caught one of his giant ass arms because my leap went no where and my HP pot was 5 seconds away from refreshing. Oh well... I shall keep him in my graveyard as a reminder.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
lesion

Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 02:55:17 PM

Killed a WD yesterday versus Kuell of all people. I sort of hated that character though so I argue it doesn't count.
I was actually disappointed mine didn't get smushed too. Retired!

steam|a grue \[T]/
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 03:51:44 PM

Beli killed my barb the other day... Got caught up in the green spam from hell, moved my mouse to an area outside and hit leap. Yeah... cursor must have caught one of his giant ass arms because my leap went no where and my HP pot was 5 seconds away from refreshing. Oh well... I shall keep him in my graveyard as a reminder.

That is the worst thing about the Belial fight. His big stupid fucking hit box makes running away from his green bullshit even harder. ANGER

God Save the Horn Players
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 10:00:42 PM

Bind a key to "Move".
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 10:58:27 PM

ifiwantedtousemykeyboardtomoveiwouldbeplayingsomethingelsewaaaaah

But yeah, I suppose I should do that.

God Save the Horn Players
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 07:54:25 AM

Soloing Normal mode Hardcore - Just took out Belial on my Demon hunter, and boy was it a cake walk. Vault to safety, spam twin Chakrams, throw ball lightning elemental arrow, loot.

Previous to this I lost a level 16 wizard to double elite pack, one of the groups having vortex. Wiped out 3/4 of us.

I think I've pretty much retired my non-HC characters. I really enjoy the HC playstyle.

Also, twin Chakrams are broken.

Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 08:14:48 AM

Bind a key to "Move".

Well yeah.. but it lacks the same flare as getting in those last two swings right before leaping outta the way to safety. I AM the hero, right?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 09:06:07 AM

I think I've pretty much retired my non-HC characters. I really enjoy the HC playstyle.

One tiny bit of lag combined with one pack of the worst kind of elites and BOOM.

I will never understand you people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  
Jump to: