Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:56:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  (Read 51007 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 09:21:00 AM

The only monster I fear in single player Diablo 3 is the LAG MONSTER.

If I die from that, at least I have a good excuse! I'm sure I will die like a chump before that, though.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 09:58:41 AM

Hardcore gets better and better with later difficulties. Just made it to hell, feels good.

Almost died on a L53 barb in Act4 NM solo. I really really hate Act4 it feels so unsafe to me. Worse than even Act2 which is supposedly such a big time death trap.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #72 on: May 29, 2012, 12:55:01 PM

I'm going to play each thing through normal once before I really dive into hardcore, just so I have an idea how to actually play all the classes.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #73 on: May 29, 2012, 12:58:27 PM

Is the Normal mode of hardcore more difficult than non-hardcore? To me, it seemed to be a tad more difficult, but I am not sure if that was my perceptions bleeding into the game or if there actually is a difference.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: May 29, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Seems close. I was actually a bit nervous about Belial but that fight seemed really easy. I don't think I have much to worry about until the big dog.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #75 on: May 29, 2012, 04:03:27 PM

Is the Normal mode of hardcore more difficult than non-hardcore? To me, it seemed to be a tad more difficult, but I am not sure if that was my perceptions bleeding into the game or if there actually is a difference.

Pretty sure it's just your paranoia being ramped up.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 04:36:43 PM

Lvl 38 Bard in Hardcore.  I'm currently farming act 1 in Nightmare.  Never went under 75%HP in Normal difficulty.  The trick is to out level the enemy and spend all your money on cheap but level appropriate gear.  I beat Normal Diablo solo at lvl 34 and it felt very safe. Just watch his bone prison if you don't have a lot of vitality.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: May 29, 2012, 04:37:48 PM

Lvl 38 Bard

Does Whimsyshire unlock the Bard class?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #78 on: May 29, 2012, 04:56:36 PM

Bard is so OP.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: May 29, 2012, 10:11:54 PM

ifiwantedtousemykeyboardtomoveiwouldbeplayingsomethingelsewaaaaah

But yeah, I suppose I should do that.

Just get a stupid looking mouse with neon pulsing green highlights that has more than two buttons!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #80 on: May 29, 2012, 11:00:02 PM

My mouse does have four buttons (it doesn't have ANY pulsing highlights though  Heartbreak)! I guess I could make it my back button or something.

God Save the Horn Players
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: May 30, 2012, 10:42:23 PM

Diablo down...feels good! Time to get wrecked in NM!

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: May 31, 2012, 07:08:57 AM

When you die in Hardcore, what happens to your stash and all that?
lesion

Reply #83 on: May 31, 2012, 07:38:58 AM

It's persistent, you just lose whatever was equipped at the time.

RIP fffffffff, level 44 DH. Died to Schrödinger's Golem when an in-game cinematic froze the client before a boss fight.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: May 31, 2012, 08:54:17 AM

Heh.

Well put.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: May 31, 2012, 09:12:52 AM

It's persistent, you just lose whatever was equipped at the time.

RIP fffffffff, level 44 DH. Died to Schrödinger's Golem when an in-game cinematic froze the client before a boss fight.

Ouch. Shitty way to go. Brings up something that should be done - after a cinematic you should not quite be in aggro range...

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 01, 2012, 07:55:42 AM

Here lies Rattattattat, level 34 DH. Some molten elite...I hadn't seen the bombs or whatever and it went BLIP BLIP DEAD. I coulda got out easily, just didn't see it as a insta-death threat. :( I had just switched weapons to a very high DPS, sacrificing about 15 vitality and I bet that woulda saved me. DOH. Gonna miss those sexy gems a friend gave me!

Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:01 AM

You guys saving your dead heroes on that page or just deleting them?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:17 AM

You guys saving your dead heroes on that page or just deleting them?

I archive mine.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 01, 2012, 11:42:46 AM

Are there any EU hardcore players here? I've been thinking about rolling HC over there to make maximum use of my character slots.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: June 01, 2012, 11:47:27 AM

Are there any EU hardcore players here? I've been thinking about rolling HC over there to make maximum use of my character slots.

Wouldn't it make more sense to do your HC characters on 'local' servers where you presumably have less lag?

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 01, 2012, 12:46:15 PM

My RL friends play US and won't do hardcore with me.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 01, 2012, 01:53:26 PM

My RL friends play US and won't do hardcore with me.

Hey man, look me up...I have some RL guys that roll HC as well on US.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 02, 2012, 12:29:55 AM

Right then, friend requested everyone from this thread whose battletag I could find. Was going to push to 60 on softcore before getting too involved but I think I'm just too masochistic for that. I'll probably be playing lots of witch doctors. Maybe do some demon hunting.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:32:39 AM by ezrast »
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 02, 2012, 05:58:51 AM

I'm doing hardcore too. Just finished up Act I with a barb.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38:43 AM

And onto act 3: I've got two 1Hs, since both of them have +80 vit, but I'll switch back to a sword and board sometime. I'm just done with the siege weapons, and I'm just hitting packs which can make a dent on my health pool, although I've only had to pot once since Act I, but I think I'll regear from the AH before Azmodan to be safe.

What are people running for passives? I'm rocking Nerves of Steel/Shouts = Heals.
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: June 02, 2012, 01:13:26 PM

And onto act 3: I've got two 1Hs, since both of them have +80 vit, but I'll switch back to a sword and board sometime. I'm just done with the siege weapons, and I'm just hitting packs which can make a dent on my health pool, although I've only had to pot once since Act I, but I think I'll regear from the AH before Azmodan to be safe.

What are people running for passives? I'm rocking Nerves of Steel/Shouts = Heals.

Pound of Flesh  Heart  Heart  Heart

statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: June 02, 2012, 01:50:20 PM

Actually, what are people running in total for barbs?

I've got:
Cleave +fury / Frenzy+sidearm for bosses
Hammer +dmg
Leap +armor
Ground +range

Pound of Flesh / Nerves of Steel / Tough as Nails

And I keep on going around for the other two, between Revenge, Threatening Shout or War Cry, Wrath of the Berserker. (I guess Ignore Pain, but I'd essentially never use it at this point)

Is there a better rage dumper than Hammer/Smash? Maybe Seismic + Stun?

amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: June 03, 2012, 10:10:52 AM

Tasty:  do a web search on "kripparian" and watch his youtubes on running a barb.  He is pretty much the definitive expert on hardcore barbarians.
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: June 03, 2012, 12:34:09 PM

Tasty:  do a web search on "kripparian" and watch his youtubes on running a barb.  He is pretty much the definitive expert on hardcore barbarians.

And see the Barbarian thread.

Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: June 03, 2012, 12:52:16 PM

Here lies the Witch Doctor Bakari slain at level 44 by a pack of exploding demented fallen. /mourn
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:06 AM

I'm impressed you got a WD up to 44 without dying once.

I just read on the forums that some people play hardcore in public games. Of course, there are sociopaths who intentionally lure mobs into safe areas (i.e., Tristam) in order to kill people upon joining the game.

I barely understand why anyone would play hardcore single player or with friends, but in public games?
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: June 04, 2012, 08:37:40 AM

That exploit only works in Act I, so beware when joining Act I public games.

The reason to join public games is that it offers you insurance: if you, say, disconnect, having another person in your game nearby will often save your life.

Also, for the squishier classes, it makes it a lot easier: having more players just means the HP gets multiplied, so that Barb who's tanking everything without losing any health isn't going to be in any more danger, but you're going to need a lot less kiting.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: June 04, 2012, 09:30:52 AM

I'm impressed you got a WD up to 44 without dying once.

Thanks! Would have gotten a lot further had I not gotten sloppy and careless. There really was no reason for me to be anywhere near that group of mobs. But I typically run into packs on purpose, had been doing it for the previous 31 hours, and wasn't paying any attention at all to what I was running into. Just dumb. I've learned a lot, though, for my next run.

For anyone actually interested, I used a poison based, no pet (besides Hex) build. It's in the WD thread.
statisticalfool
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: June 04, 2012, 03:41:48 PM

So where's a good farming spot (not in MF gear) in late Nightmare (currently almost done act iii / lvl 46 barb)? I haven't had to use a pot yet, but my health is feeling a bit spikier than normal, and the AH is pretty picked dry on upgrades at the minute.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hardcore Discussion/Graveyard  
Jump to: