Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: What class are you playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What class are you playing?  (Read 32932 times)
Draegan
Terracotta Army

on: May 14, 2012, 01:23:21 PM

I can't decide between the Monk or the Wizard and I'm waffling between the two every hour.  I didn't get much beta experience, and I'm wondering if anyone can relay some of their insight of each class.

I love the wizard's utility and awesome visuals.  The monk just looks badass.  Hmm

Jay Wilson gives a brief overview of each class via IGN video: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tlre7/jay_wilsons_guide_to_the_classes/

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 01:26:18 PM

I was going to play a barbarian right up until I discovered I really, really love how the demon hunter plays. Scarf wearing douchebag is a go!

Monk felt more satisfying in a murdering dudes sense than the wizard for me, but I liked the wizard more than I expected, so I am no help at all! Whee!

God Save the Horn Players
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 01:26:56 PM

If there's one with a pet and ranged damage, that.  If not, one with ranged damage.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 01:34:49 PM

All of them.

But I'll try Demon Hunter first. Bowazon is what I played most in D2 followed by Sorceress.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 01:36:38 PM

Monk for co-op with the missus, Witchdoctor for when I am alone.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:38:42 PM

Wizard. Not even a question I loved it so much in Beta.  

My 2nd class will probably be a WH though the early levels weren't fun the few times I tried it out.  It got better after L10, though.

My only play on the monk was prior to them getting reworked in the last few beta patches.  It seemed OK but I don't enjoy melee in these games as much as MMOs. Plus I didn't enjoy the spirit resource as much as the arcane or discipline ones.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:10 PM

Witch Doctor here. Though possibly trying petless if I can run without dogs/garg to allow for more cc and damage

If there's one with a pet and ranged damage, that.  If not, one with ranged damage.
I think all but the Barb can actually have a pet, and the monk is the only melee with a pet, but the Witch Doctor is generally considered the pet class as it can have up to 4 dogs and 1 gargantuan out at a time (both last until killed and have a one minute cooldown on re-summon). This leaves you with Wiz/WD/DH

DH/Wiz are usually considered pure dps classes and not really considered as a pet class (though they can each have a single pet/companion out the entire time). The WD can be pure DPS, but has some of the best options for crowd control and support, imo, as well as solid dps (estimation of dps is based on WD scaling as well as it did in open beta, so not 100% sure on that).
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:36 PM

The stress test weekend gave me a chance to play everything.  I liked the Demon Hunter the best.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
ffc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 01:52:00 PM

Jay Wilson gives a brief overview of each class via IGN video: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/tlre7/jay_wilsons_guide_to_the_classes/

He said Demon Hunter had the most recent beta changes, and he was least familiar with Witch Doctor.  I don't know if either of these are good things.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 02:00:47 PM

Played everything to 13 in beta.

For me in order from first to last it will be Barb > Monk > Witch > Demon > Wizard

Want to see if playing a tank style role works for Barbarian in hardcore parties.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 02:03:39 PM

First run through will probably be with a monk, after that, who knows.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 02:04:49 PM

Monk.

I think Demon Hunter might be more my speed usually, but I didn't like it much in the beta.  Might try a Wizard if both of those peter out.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 02:09:55 PM

No clue.  I wasn't a huge fan of D2 (highest was an Amazon) and only played a little Witch Doctor in beta.  I mostly want to play something ranged, something that doesn't require too much clicking, and something that possibly won't be the most popular class.

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 02:13:26 PM

I only had the chance to play during the stress test and  for a few hours, so everything is new to me. I'll play every class: my initial preference will probably go toward the Monk and the Demon Hunter.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
WayAbvPar

Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 02:13:43 PM

Just dabbled a bit in beta with a Monk (since I knew I wouldn't be playing a melee class at first for release), but definitely a wizard. Loved the sorcerer or whatever in D2. AOE FTW.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 02:15:27 PM

No clue.  I wasn't a huge fan of D2 (highest was an Amazon) and only played a little Witch Doctor in beta.  I mostly want to play something ranged, something that doesn't require too much clicking, and something that possibly won't be the most popular class.
Me thinks you are looking in the wrong genre here  why so serious?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 02:20:12 PM

I didn't play beta and am almost completely unspoiled.  Judging by the descriptions though I'll probably go either Wizard or Monk during my first playthrough.  From what little I've seen they both look pretty satisfying.  I plan to eventually play all of them though.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 02:22:20 PM

Witchdoctor until my no good friend graduates his MBA program... then Monk with his Wizard most likely.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 02:30:04 PM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 02:33:15 PM

Monk or Barbarian. I just kinda prefer melee classes. Maybe leaning towards monk since they're closest to my favorite class from D2, Paladins.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 02:38:19 PM

I will play a witch doctor first.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Got it narrowed down to Barb/Wizzie/DH. 
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 02:51:31 PM

I've played a demon hunter and a wizard up to level 10? 11? in one of the beta-weekends. Apart from that I know absolutely nothing about the different classes. I did see a 15 second gameplay preview of a Monk which looked pretty cool, though - so I'll start with that.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:19 PM

Witch Doctor.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 02:59:28 PM

Barbarian - I played every class in the demo beta except Barbarian knowing that I would be spending most of my time playing one.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Arinon
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 03:03:13 PM

Demon Hunter to start but if a pet-less Witch Doctor works in harder difficulties that's what I may run.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 03:09:26 PM

I'm trying Wizard first based on how much I liked the Sorceress in D2.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 03:18:25 PM

Wizard here
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:17 PM

Monk>Barb>Wiz>DH>WD

Didn't love the Necro in D2 which makes me assume I won't like the D3 equivalent pet class. Looking forward to playing them all in time though.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 03:45:57 PM

My least favorite class in D2 was the assassin followed closely by the Amazon.  So, yeah, no Demon Hunter until I'm bored of the other things, I think.

I plan on starting with Barbarian and then probably Sorcerer.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: May 14, 2012, 03:51:41 PM

I'll start with a female witch doctor based mainly on aesthetics, especially the sounds, didn't enjoy the fem wizard talk.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #31 on: May 14, 2012, 03:52:31 PM

Monk.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:06 PM

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think i might go Barb for first playthrough.  Nearly nothing beat the mobility fun of leap in the beta.  Leaping across pits, up and down ledges was just too much fun.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #33 on: May 14, 2012, 03:58:57 PM

Witch Doctor, Wizard, can't really decide.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: May 14, 2012, 04:01:12 PM

I'm goin for a wiz just for shear battlefield control.  A pet-based witch doctor is next sexiest.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: What class are you playing?  
Jump to: