Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:16:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Playoffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Playoffs  (Read 13414 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: May 05, 2012, 07:13:24 AM

You have until June 7th, and I mean it this time.  Really!

We're behind schedule because I didn't want to declare winners by fiat, but I really don't have much choice as I want this thing completed.  I declared IainC the winner in his match against Haemish, and myself the winner against Strazos.  Though I didn't plan it this way, the two teams who advanced in this fashion will now actually play one another so there will be some justice in this regard.  The highest ranks play the lowest from the opposing division, but I was forced to give Comstar and Teleku a rematch.

At the end of this round we will be left with three teams.  The team with the most TDs over the course of the entire tournament automatically advances to the final match.  The other two teams have to play against one another in a qualifier.  As it stands IainC, and Comstar are tied at 13 TDs, but Comstar has 12 and Ulysees isn't far behind with 11.  

Post-Season Second Round
1A. I Break Easy 1 (Ulysees) vs. 5B. Spiderland Reavers 5 (Megrim)
1B. Considerably Elfier 0 (IainC) vs. 3A. Haute Couture 3 (Ruvaldt)
2B. Chris Dane Owens Fan Club 2 (Teleku) vs. 3B. Ponyelves II 1 (Comstar)

Advance to the next round
3A. Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) - 14 TDs
5B. Spiderland Reavers (Megrim) - 15 TDs
2B. Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) - 14 TDs

The rules:

Final Regular Season Standings
Keebler Division
1. I Break Easy (Ulysees) (WoE)                         3-0-2 (9pts, 12TDs)
2. Labor Day (Llyse) (HiE)                                  3-0-0 (9pts, 13TDs)
3. Haute Couture (Ruvaldt) (HiE)                        2-1-1 (7pts, 7TD)
4. Guild of Fools (Eldaec) (PrE)                           1-0-1 (3pts, 3TD)
5. Elf Hatred (Gruntle) (DaE)                              1-0-2 (3pts, 2TDs)
6. The Pale Horses (Haemish) (DaE)                    0-1-3 (1pts, 7TDs)

Keebler regular season schedule:

North Pole Division
1. Considerably Elfier (IainC) (HiE)                       3-0-2 (9pts, 13TDs)
2. Chris Dane Owens Fan Club (Teleku) (DaE)      3-0-1 (9pts, 12TDs)
3. Ponyelves II (Comstar) (PrE)                          2-0-1 (6pts, 13TDs)
4. Here Be DWAGONS (Strazos) (HiE)                 1-1-0 (4pts, 3TDs)
5. Spiderland Reavers (Megrim) (DaE)                  1-0-2 (3pts, 15TDs)
6. Morningwood Packers (Luckton) (WoE)           0-1-2 (1pt, 3TDs)

North Pole regular season schedule:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:40:18 PM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 07:19:44 AM

We had eight games out of thirty unplayed in the regular season; that's not bad, especially since the unplayed games were mostly from the same teams.  I know that not all of these games will get played, but I'll arbitrarily declare winners on the 10th because the season simply has to go on.  Not playing a game is both a good thing and a bad thing, of course.  If you're declared winner in absentia you'll get to advance, but you won't have the opportunity to get spps or recover injuries.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 11:38:11 AM

Luckton did you really scrap your elf team?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:55:23 AM

Luckton did you really scrap your elf team?

Essentially I was playing with mercenaries every game, and was not able to recover from my abysmal first outing with them, so yeah, they got scrapped.  Mea culpa to anyone that may find that to be in poor sport, but I honestly I have better things to do with my time than try and drudge a broken team through another round of matches that just make me want to toss kittens across the room.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 01:31:41 PM

That was one of the matches I figured wouldn't get played.

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 05:35:46 PM

Wait, So we have May 10th to play all our preseason games?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 07:06:21 PM

Wait, So we have May 10th to play all our preseason games?

No, just this round.  It's only one game.  Yours should be reasonably easy to arrange as well, judging by time zones.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 07:08:09 PM by Ruvaldt »

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 01:49:49 PM

Teleku's Fan Club crushed my Hatred with a score of a lot to 0 (I had the zero).
In the important stats, we inflicted only 3 injuries, but one of which was a death (from the first foul the blinkered ref decided to call).

And with that Elf Hatred slinks away from the competition in shame.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 02:05:43 PM

Played my match against Gruntle (though I didn't even realize it was the play offs.  Looks like I still need to play Strazos for my final regular season game).

4 - 0, Chris Dane Owens Fan Club wins the day (And it was almost 5-0 at the end due to a lone Witch elf crazily dodging through an army of elves, but just fell short at the goal line).

Gruntle spent most of the game lining up blocks (and very well!) against my team and beating the crap out of them.  However, he left the ball carrier vulnerable too often.  So instead of trying to fight back against his superior line, I ran around them and tackled the ball away.  Basically how the whole game went.  His hit dice were on fire and knocking my elves down left and right, but I managed to get away with only a few KO's and 2 non serious injuries.

Until the last drive.

Gruntle managed to get a witch elf on the ground and surrounded for a foul.  He had been fouling without much effect all game, but I rolled death on this one.  Thankfully I had saved my apoth all game just for such an occasion.  Unfortunately the apoth re-rolled to death.  This was on my veteran witch elf with block and 1 or 2 of the TD's in this game, leaving me with the witch elf I just bought, who has no spp.  Then of course the dead witch elf got MVP.

Can't complain to hard though, as I also had some great luck.  My final point came from a drive where I kicked, and started with a pitch invasion that took out FIVE elves from my already depleted team, only taking 2 of Gruntles.  He then swarmed the remains, and after that, only 3 elves stood standing.  He then had his one lone elf in the back field pick up the ball, run it forward, and try an almost point blank pass into a cage of elves.  Which he fumbled.  One of the remaining elves marked the elf standing next to the ball.  The 2nd, knocked him a way.  The 3rd, a witch elf near by, grabbed it and ran up field.  Next turn he surrounded her but was only able to push on the blitz (and pushed her to just within range of the TD line).  I then managed to dodge her through several tackle zones out of the middle of a cage to score.  I was pretty thrilled about that, and the crazy luck I had.  Until of course he killed that same witch elf next turn.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 04:52:11 PM

Doesn't look like I'll get my game vs Stratoz. Megrim I'm not sure about, but I'm playing someone tonight, I can't remember who.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 05:00:36 PM

Eldaec, I hope!  That's your playoff match.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 05:57:14 PM

I got my game vs Megrin - he won very easily vs my weakened team 3-1. Does that change the playoff outcome?

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 07:22:03 PM

No, the play-offs are set already.  They were set on the 5th of May.  I'll count the TDs though for your team totals, and, of course, you get the spps, so the match was surely worth it in that way.  You're still scheduled to play Eldaec, and Megrim is still scheduled to play Llyse.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 04:00:55 PM

Comstar seems confused, was supposed to play him tonight, burt idk maybe Megrim is just cooler than me...

Comstar, can do same time tomorrow if you aren't able to come online shortly.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 05:05:36 PM

Will be playing Megrim in 11 hours as well
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

Pony elves 4 - 1 Guild of Fools

Scoreline flatters the guild. Oh god I am bad at elves.

Apologies to the teams I missed playing in the group stage - my availability has been terrible and unpredictable lately.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012, 05:22:05 PM

I got my game vs Eldrec.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012, 06:35:25 PM

You also currently hold the lead in TDs as well, Comstar, which may matter if you win your next game.

Speaking of which, I went ahead and advanced Ulysees to the next stage and gave his team the two TDs usually granted by a forfeit (which was also his season average).  I'd rather he had the opportunity to get some spps and/or run up the score, but then again, Ulysees was one of only two teams that played every game in the regular season anyway.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 05:48:41 PM

Labor Day goes down 1-2 against the Spiderland Reavers, in what was very much an un-elfy game.

I'll let Llyse fill in the rest, but I fouled a guy to death.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 06:04:54 PM

A lot of that going around.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 08:06:38 PM

Yeah, I did that earlier in the season...

An upset!  Megrim advances to round 2.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:15:53 PM by Ruvaldt »

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 09, 2012, 09:02:22 PM

Now how was that an upset. He is fucking horrid.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 06:24:44 PM

The tournament has resumed.  I declared winners by fiat.

Come and get it, IainC.  We'll see who is the elfiest.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 12:22:35 AM

megrim are you going to be around at the weekend? Pretty sure we have a horrible time difference so that will probably be the easiest time to play. I am UK based so GMT +0
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 12:31:11 AM

I should be around on the weekend yea. Alternatively, if you are going to be on in a couple of hours, we could play then.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 12:44:57 AM

At work now and for the rest of this week (it is 8.40am here at the moment) so won't be able to play during the week until around 7pm UK time, 10 hours from now. At the weekend what time do you think you will be around so I can make sure I am free?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 01:17:00 AM

Will be around evenings until the weekend and then on Saturday. Sunday and onwards I'm in LA so won't have Bloodbowl access.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18:34 AM

At work now and for the rest of this week (it is 8.40am here at the moment) so won't be able to play during the week until around 7pm UK time, 10 hours from now. At the weekend what time do you think you will be around so I can make sure I am free?

Erm, at the moment its all day Saturday. Sunday I'm not sure about.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 01:28:03 AM

Ok will aim for Saturday morning (9 -10am) my time should be around 7 - 8pm your time if I have my timezones correct.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 06:37:54 AM

I'm available in my afternoons and evenings Wed-Fri, but Saturday I can play at any time of the day.  At worst, we'll get it played then, IainC.  I think your evenings are a little early for me and I may still be at work.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 05:28:37 PM

Soooooooo, the 7th.....  awesome, for real

I've been away a bunch, so I haven't had a chance to try playing to much these last 2 weeks.  Haven't seen comstar on though, and haven't heard anything from him.  We are at really bad time match ups however, so perhaps we can pull it off this weekend?

-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #31 on: June 07, 2012, 06:02:38 PM

Yeah, I'm extending that, clearly.  IainC has been out of town this week as well so I haven't been able to play him either.  I caught up with him briefly last weekend, but there just wasn't time.  We'll get it done though.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 07, 2012, 08:22:07 PM

Ulysees and I have not yet played, and its my fault. I was busy on the Monday/Tuesday he had off work. We will try to get the game played over the weekend, if you guys don't mind.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 08, 2012, 12:13:10 AM

Will have to be Sunday morning for me this weekend Megrim, going to be busy until around 1pm Saturday UK time which I think might be a little late your side, but will check with you on Steam and hopefully catch you at the weekend.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 02:48:05 AM

Spiderland Reavers 5 - 1 I Break Easy

elves, lol

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Playoffs  
Jump to: