Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Playoffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Playoffs  (Read 13208 times)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 03:19:56 AM

I Break Easy 1 - Spiderland Reavers 5

My Wood Elves got thoroughly schooled in my match with Megrim's Dak Elves. Not much worked for me in this match, my agi 5 lineman managed to flub easy passes twice for turnovers that megrim capitalised on to score touchdowns and I couldn't stop him scoring when I kicked to him and couldn't hold onto the ball when he kicked to me, though some of my order of play was quastionable at best and stupid at worst the scoreline does the match justice since Megrim played solidly and didn't make many mistakes whereas I was too reckless chasing touchdowns after finding myself 2 - 0 down in the first half.

Was a good match as is submitted on BBmanager, managed to get another dead elf on my side so all in all not a bad result really since the main aim is to kill the pointy eared bastards, just wish it would happen more often to my opponent than to me  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: June 18, 2012, 07:29:02 PM

Well I'm glad that's over.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37 on: June 18, 2012, 10:47:14 PM

Yeah, lots of nuffle screwing going around on that one.  Bad luck to Comstar on several plays, and then bad luck to me on some GFI attempts and a critical throw.  Overall, my luck at injuring his players is probably what sealed it for me in the end.

So Commissioner, just your game left now!   tongue
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:56:03 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #38 on: June 19, 2012, 05:31:52 AM

Yep!  Also looks like Megrim may have pulled off quite a coup and gained the TD advantage unless Iain or I can unseat him.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 05:53:21 AM

We can play tonight if you are around Ruvaldt. Ping me on Steam when you are able. I should also be around all week in the evenings and all of next weekend too.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 09:36:53 AM

Sure, I'll be home this afternoon without a whole lot to do.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #41 on: June 19, 2012, 03:47:56 PM

Sure, I'll be home this afternoon without a whole lot to do.

Or not.  The wife reminded me we're having friends over.  Well, I have the afternoon free every other day!

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 07:46:01 AM

So hey guys, hows that game going?   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 09:40:36 AM

I felt I should rez this thread just to taunt you all.  Come on, lets see if we can finish this!  I don't even REMEMBER how to play my dark elf team at this point anymore.  It will be hilarious!

-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 10:10:54 AM

You're right.  Let's finish this off.  IainC?  Where are you?  I'm up for a game this weekend.

I'm glad you brought this up, Teleku.  I thought about resurrecting it because I wanted to get another side league going, but didn't want to do it until this was finished.  Now I can create a new gimmick league in a few weeks!

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 12:14:17 PM

I'm around this weekend. I had entirely forgotten that I was even in a playoff for this.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 12:16:12 PM

Well, it has been around nine months.  Understandable.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #47 on: March 10, 2013, 12:40:08 PM

You can all stop holding your breath now. Ruvaldt won 3-0 as Nuffle kicked me repeatedly in the jimmies.

I kicked to him and he scored after a bit of a scrap with a standard pass and run play. We set up again and I got a bunch of Elves into his backfield, threw the ball to a marked receiver who was about 3 squares from the endzone. He caught it then failed his 2+ dodge to get away. I burnt a reroll and he failed that too. Ruvaldt recovered the ball, threw it back down and scored again on his last turn of the half.

For the second half I got the ball up in his half, lost it, recovered it again and then didn't pay attention to the clock after clearing a path for my runner to walk over the line. He was left just a few squares off the endzone with little support and Ruvaldt took him down and got the ball back again. I managed to recover the ball and had a third scoring chance but failed a GfI in the endzone. With that Ruvaldt had another chance and he took it, throwing the ball down the pitch again to a receiver. I had a desperation blitz but a red skull gave Ruvaldt a third TD on the whistle. I had decent block dice for the start and dreadful block dice in the second. Ruvaldt inflicted the only injuries and KOs in the entire game though.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #48 on: March 10, 2013, 12:47:36 PM

So this match actually happened.

Haute Couture 3 - 0 Considerably Elfier

It was a tough match for IainC as nuffle seemed to taunt him throughout the match with favorable dice that yielded absolutely nothing, and then double 1s on anything that could lead to a TD.  I managed to take advantage of his failed gfis and dodges to pull off a 3 - 0 victory.

Per the rules for this league, we now have three contenders for the championship: Teleku, Megrim and myself.  The team with the highest TDs advances immediately to the championship round, while the other two coaches have to play each other in a final qualifier.  I just went through our teams to double check the TDs and the results are as follows:

Haute Couture: 14 TDs
Chris Dane Owens Fan Club: 14 TDs
Spiderland Reavers: 15 TDs

That means Megrim goes to the final while Teleku and I duke it out for the other spot.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #49 on: March 10, 2013, 02:43:48 PM

Haute Couture 3 - 2 Chris Dane Owens Fan Club

In a match that went down to the wire, and was nearly in Teleku's hands, Haute Couture advances to the championship match against Megrim.

I'm getting some deja vu.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: March 10, 2013, 03:30:43 PM

Well at least my team got 4 level ups out of it.   awesome, for real

But yeah, was a tight match.  Threw it all away though when I had my witch elf charge an elf I didn't realize was +1 str, and I threw only pushes the first time, then promptly pushed him to an area where he had more strength than me.  I didn't choose to re-roll the dice results because I thought they were for me, but was the other way around.  Witch elf goes down, turn ends way early leaving ball running exposed.  All of his hit dice come through on the charge, and everything falls apart.  Going against his team though, it really drives in that mine needs waaaaay the fuck more blodge.

-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #51 on: March 10, 2013, 05:28:08 PM

Wait, what? Who am I playing against? What's going onnnnnnn....

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 05:51:18 AM

You're playing against me.

Congratulations!  You made it to a championship we all forgot existed.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Elfbowl *Season1*: Playoffs  
Jump to: