Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:45:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - now with special guest commissioner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 6 - now with special guest commissioner  (Read 26055 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: April 26, 2012, 05:48:03 AM

Season #5 is over! Andy Davo won it again and is now banned from playing anything with pointy ears*.

The usual D&M pre-season is now over so spikes should be properly sharpened, gouging techniques perfected and slush funds topped up. Go get your copy of Blood Bowl Legendary Edition on Steam if you don't own it already and join us by posting here your intention to participate or asking questions.

Previous Editions Winners.

Season #1 - Aez's Fraggers (Skaven)
Season #2 - Comstar's F13 Catfighters (Amazons)
Season #3 - AndyDavo's Wishmasters Wildcards (Dark Elves)
Season #4 - AndyDavo's Paper Armour Dolls (Dark Elves)
Season #5 - AndyDavo's Paper Armour Dolls (Dark Elves)

*Not actually banned but hey, what about those Goblins eh?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** f13 Blood Bowl League, Season #6 **

Start date is May 20th and sign-ups will close on May 18th

League is created f13 Season 6 password is fearchange

How is this gonna work?

- Depending on the number of teams, we'll make four divisions with the top half of each division advancing to the play-offs.
- Each team will have to play at least one match every 9 days. If ALL matches for one "game day" has been played, the League will advance to the next "game day" and the 9 days counter will be reset.
- Every Coach has to be a member of the ** f13 Bloodbowlers Steam Group ** in order to be able to participate in the League. If you are interested in joining the League please make sure to post here AND in the Steam Group, so I know who you are and that you fucking mean it.
- Every coach has to share a personal email address with all the other members of the League. Last year we tried with PM on this boards and Steam Group ones, it's not enough. If you are not willing to commit at least one of your precious email addresses to the League, then you are certainly not gonna take it seriously enough to ensure everyone's fun.
- Fixtures will be released before the League starts. Coaches have 9 days to try and set up an appointment with each other to play their match. If a match has not been played after 9 days, the League Manager will decide, after hearing both coaches, on an official result for that match, and will then advance the League to the next "game day".

What do I have to do to sign up?

- You have to post your intention in this very thread.
- You have to have a copy of >>Blood Bowl Legendary Edition.<< Sorry, no Regular or Dark elves Edition.
- For new coaches. When you create your online multiplayer Blood Bowl account in game, use the same name you have here on f13 if you can.
- You have to join the ** f13 Bloodbowlers Steam Group **. If you can, have your Steam name match your f13 name.
- You have to send me a PM with a valid email address. You will be sent an invitation mail there. You are supposed to reply to confirm you actually have access to said email address.
- All of the above are mandatory.

- EVERYONE can join, as long as you are from f13, meaning you have an account here. You can even make an account just for that but if you prove to be an imbecile before the League starts you'll be booted. You can invite friends from the outer world if you feel like it and as long as they are not complete muppets. They still have to join f13 and post here. Being new is not a problem, but this League works on participation, and just the right amount of trashtalk and cynical fairness. If you or your friends are not really forum people at all, maybe they can find a better League somewhere else.

If you have too many applications, how do you decide who's in and who's out?

- Since the League can't be more than 32 players, and we had a few more applications last year, there is a bit of a waiting list. That is based on a few factors, "first come first serve" NOT being one of them any more. And still, whoever doesn't make it into the Main Cut, will play a Qualification Round! to snag a wild card for the real thing. So, let's see how this works now:

Priority, from first to last:
* All those who participated in S#5.
* f13 Regulars who participated in S#1, S#2, S#3 or S#4.
* f13 Regulars who didn't participate in any previous Season.
* Non-regulars who participated in any previous Season (except S#5, of course. That bumps everyone in the first bracket).
* All non-regular new applicants.

Teams can apply to the Qualification Round! from the Feeder League the same way they apply to the Main League. The Qualification Round! is by all means part of the Main League, just not as cool.

How are the Divisions decided?

- In order to keep some sort of balance, the sortings for Season #6 Divisions will be arranged according to the Official f13 Ranking, same way that Falc did with Season #5 (so no change here). But it is important to notice that each coach will be sorted according the Coach ranking, regardless of his or her team. So, if Strazos had won Season #4 and decided to start over with a 1000 TV team of noob hobbits, he will would have still been Top Tier in S#5. DO NOT FORGET THIS.

What should I expect from you?

- I'll keep updating this thread with League results, recaps, tables and pictures.
- I'll do my best to help you communicate with each other.
- I'll make sure the League won't die on some of you lazyasses.
- I'm putting up a final prize for the winner, in the form of a secret mystery gift!

And what do you expect from me?

- To be fair.
- To keep in mind that other people's fun is up to you too.
- To try and do your best to communicate with your weekly opponent and be reasonable when it comes to setting up the time and date for a match.
- To keep reading this thread and participate in the collective chaos of badmouthing everyone but yourself.
- To make sure that the winner of the game instantly uploads his/her replay to BBManager, or in case of a tie you agree on who's gonna do it. When in doubt, you both upload it. This will save me a lot of work, and will take you only a few seconds.

Actually, that seems lots of work on my part.

- Whatever.
- And not really.

When is this starting?

- About 3 weeks from now. You have all the time in the world to get your copy or receive your package if you purchased the boxed version. Start date is May 20th, 2012. Signup closes May 18th.

I don't know man, I suck at this game and I hate to lose.

- Fuck you.

What are the specific League rules?

You can only join with a team that:
- Has played in a previous main season and has not played any other games since then.
- Has participated in the f13 Feeder League (or/and) D&M pre-season Trophy) or the Elfbowl and at the moment of joining the S#6 League has a maximum of 1300TV, 0 gold and a minimum of 11 players (including injured ones).
- You just created, and has a total of 0 matches ever played.

- Turns are 2 minutes. TWO minutes. So practice with that or you'll get burned and pissed once the League starts.
- Fouling out of frustration in turn 16 is not griefing, it's allowed, and you should stop crying now.

How are tiebreakers in the Divisions gonna be handled Playoff- and Failoff-wise?

They will be: Head to Head >> TD Difference >> TD For >> WORST TV considering the team's eleven best players including injured ones >> coin toss.

Why are you doing this, Iain?

-Because Falc is rubbish (but we love him anyway)

Who is already in? I'm only joining if the cool kids around here joined too, you know...

These are the applicants so far, the people in green have signed up and been accepted.:

1) - IainC
2) - Ruvaldt
3) - Falconeer
4) - Ulysees
5) - Luckton
6) - Bann
7) - HaemishM
8) - Proudft
9) - avaia
10) - Ingmar
11) - Drogg
12) - Sjofn
13) - Modern Angel
14) - Megrim
15) - Comstar
16) - Llyse
17) - Lamaros
18) - Ezrast
19) - Teleku
20) - AndyDavo
21) - Paelos
22) - Gruntle
23) - Eldaec
24) - Reborne
25) - Satael
26) - SirT
27) - Swiftblade
28) - Ironwood
29) -
30) -
31) -
32) -
----------

Get your copy, sign up, bring a friend, kick asses and melt faces. This time it's gonna be awesome, for real
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:18:15 AM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:50:01 AM

Fianna Chulain will be back for this.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:55:44 AM

Me! 

Ex-Presidents of Doom are running for reelection!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:10:57 AM

And The Bell Jar Utd. is in for more fail!  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:32:11 AM

I can't decide between trying to slim my Orcs down to the 1300 TV limit or rolling in with my Norse.  I'm leaning towards Orcs right now, but my Norse have some potential now that several have gotten one or two skill-ups.

I would have fun with either team, really, but if anyone wants to try and sway my decision, I'm game.  If there's no Norse representation in the season, I may go with them as well if Modern Angel does decide bring his Orcs out of retirement.

Post-edit: Also, AndyDavo should be restricted to the following teams: Ogre, Goblin, Halfling, Khemri, Vampire, and Nurgle  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:48:19 AM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:20 AM

You should play your Orcs.  Of course, I say that because I have a few claw beastmen who are pretty bloodthirsty after this long off-season.

Seriously though, those Orcs of yours nearly won the D&M Tourney.  Our deciding match was reasonably close.  Also, it's likely that only Modern Angel will also be playing Orcs so it'd be nice to have another squad in for this season.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:16 AM

The Minizillas return for their 3rd Season, only 3 more seasons till I win this thing if my form runs true and I get one step further each season!
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:55:30 AM

Im in. I'm going to retire my human team and use my orc's from the feeder league, "The Explorers Club!"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 08:01:15 AM

My Skaven team is most certainly in.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 11:12:43 AM

My 1-0-5 human team is in!  What's the worst that could happen?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:12 AM

In with whatever the hell the name of my nurgle team was last season.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:33 AM

I was going to put the dwarves on the shelf for a season or two, but now that a new version is coming out and I'll have to start all new teams anyway, I will trot them out one more time for a farewell tour.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 11:42:47 AM

i'm in!  i'll have to spend a few days consulting the bones/spirits/entrails before i pick a team, tho.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 12:24:24 PM

Here come the Norse, bitches!

God Save the Horn Players
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 12:36:53 PM

Bringing back TEAM SNOOSNOO!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 01:45:47 PM

Yes. ah! ah! ah!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:57 PM

I'm in. The F13 Catfighters need to ALL have blodge and Guard.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:03 PM

Alive not Dead! ready to play golf, I mean BLOOD BOWL!!!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? DRILLING AND MANLINESS
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 02:23:22 AM

I'm going to goblin your asses.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:11 AM

I'm in. Not sure if I'm bringing back 7 Deadly or if I'll have to create a... Crazy 8's or something.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 05:21:12 PM

So, if we end up with less people for this season (shock! gasp! horror!), do we perhaps want to try and mess around with a different league structure as well? Or would that be too complicated?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 05:44:20 PM

So, if we end up with less people for this season (shock! gasp! horror!), do we perhaps want to try and mess around with a different league structure as well? Or would that be too complicated?

What type of 'other' structure?  One that allows teams built in the open general leagues perhaps?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #22 on: April 29, 2012, 06:17:39 PM

What type of 'other' structure?  One that allows teams built in the open general leagues perhaps?

Never!!

I think 'other' structures might relate to different divisional setups, post-season setups or maybe even no divisions at all.  Swiss-style matching, double round robin, etc.  I like Season 5's structure, but Megrim is right.  If we're not going to have 32 teams it'll need to be altered.

Also, I think the official f13 rankings haven't been updated from Season 5.

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 29, 2012, 06:45:24 PM

I was thinking of something along those lines. I haven't got any concrete suggestions for the time being, but maybe if we tried something like two divisions (so 9 teams each), with everyone playing each other twice for a start. Then you could add in bye weeks, cross-divisional games, top 3 + 1 wildcard from each division going into play-offs, etc...

The most obvious problem is going to be wether this is all (reasonably) doable withing the current Cyanide format, and/or if it is, it may be too much work for Ian.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #24 on: April 29, 2012, 07:36:12 PM

Two divisions I can definitely see.  Four divisions just wouldn't make much sense for 18 coaches.  Maybe with 20 coaches, but you'd have to have double round robin or you just wouldn't have many matches.

I'd worry a structure in which 9 teams play each other twice would lead to an overly long regular season.  It works for the NFL, but I just don't know how many people really want a 16 game season.  I would love it, personally, but I am inclined to think that a season almost triple the length of previous seasons would be too large of a commitment for many coaches.

It wouldn't be possible under the crazed Cyanide division setup to have two divisions of nine teams, but running a tournament without the in-game structure isn't that much more difficult for the commissioner.  It sucks to not be able to approve/decline games though; in open leagues there is no approval mechanism.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:13 PM

Nine teams twice is way long and I don't think I'd want to play in that case.

God Save the Horn Players
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #26 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:12 PM

I think a 7 game season is about my limit.

EDIT: It also may just be that a lot of our participants stopped checking this forum because the hiatus was so long.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 08:51:01 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 08:53:24 PM

What?! You mean they don't wake up every morning f5ing the BloodBowl forum?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 09:06:50 PM

I only visit to see the BB news these days. I stay for the picture threads.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 12:33:09 AM

Back in with the Hippies.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:31 AM

If you haven't already you should post something to the steam group and even set an event which should trigger a pop up for most people that they can click on telling them about the thread/season/dates.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 12:09:35 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't look as though I have permission to create events in the Steam group. Maybe that's a thing that only Falc can do (he's the only administrator of that group).

Are you signing up Hoax?

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 30, 2012, 01:31:21 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't look as though I have permission to create events in the Steam group. Maybe that's a thing that only Falc can do (he's the only administrator of that group).

Are you signing up Hoax?

On that note, can you ask Falc to finally validate my last Failoffs match?

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 01:45:11 PM

We could, I dunno, also advertise on the main f13.net home page, but that might make people think that something still goes on here  why so serious?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 02:03:05 PM

We have a front page?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 6 - now with special guest commissioner  
Jump to: