Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 06:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Pre-Season Bonus League - Feeder League D&M Trophy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pre-Season Bonus League - Feeder League D&M Trophy  (Read 14742 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: July 23, 2011, 04:52:10 AM

The Pre-Season Five Feeder League Drilling and Manliness Trophy

With half of the coaches now out of main league it seems like a good time to start a close-season league for those who really need to keep up their blood bowl intake.

I'm going to suggest that rather than create a separate league, we just play out a organised competition in the feeder league, that way we can all keep playing f13 matches with the teams we use after the competition is done with.

The basic format:

DRILLING AND MANLINESS All matches will be played within the feeder league - to take part your team needs to meet the feeder league rules and get into that league.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS One team per coach (post in this thread).
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS Matches and standings will be announced in a thread here.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS Matches will be determined on a swiss tournament basis.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS We'll play out six rounds, team with the most points at the end of that time takes the trophy, or a playoff will split a tie.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS You can still play other feeder league matches with your D&M trophy team if you want.
 DRILLING AND MANLINESS I can't see any reason that participation would block your team from a future main league season but Falc can pronounce I guess.

As discussed in another thread , the advantage of a swiss system is that after the first round we'll increasingly be playing matches against teams at the same ability level, plus we should get to an overall winner by the time season 5 is ready, and by doing out of a feeder league we can cope with just about any number of coaches - though an even number would be nice.

Current Lineup:

Ermine Vermin (eldaec)
Calidor Fancypants (Modern Angel)
Blue Line (Bann)
F13 Pro Elves for Hoes (Comstr)
Festering Wounds (Sky)
Emperors of the Pitch (Ruvaldt)
Howls and Bones (HaemishM)
Kenosha Maroons (proudft)
Fianna Chulain (IainC)
Sons on the West (Hoax)
Going Forth By Day (Ingmar)
The Fantasticks (Sjofn)
SPHINX (Celer)
Sissyfaced Nancies (Strazos)
Court of the Moon (Gruntle)
Aery Faery's (sic) (Ulysees)
~something crazy~ (Andy Davo)
Lesser Immortals (Lamaros)
Midnight Bleat Train (Drogg)
Stir Fry (Avaia)
BridgeBurners (Carnifex27)
Pound Pound Mantrain (Megrim)

Competition starts 00:01 Johannesburg time 27th July
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 09:22:09 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 06:51:52 AM

I am completely good with this.

In with my Helves
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 07:08:54 AM

This sounds like a good idea. Just created a new team and applied to the feeder league for this.

Blue Line - Chaos - Bann
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 07:20:53 AM

I'm in with the F13 Pro Elves.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:57:07 AM

This is an awesome idea. I have to pass because I will be traveling for the whole month of August, but I am gonna be a bit envious about you folks.

Also, participation won't prevent teams to get into the Main League in the future. As long as they respect the rules of the Feeder League there is nothing in the D&M that would make a team unelegible (the 1250 TV limit is still in effect, although it might be raised before Season #6).

The only way to fuck up your team and make it permanently inelegible for the Main League is if it plays a match outside of the f13 circuit. One single match out of our racket, and it's done.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:16:04 AM

Festering Wounds in.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 09:23:51 AM

Does that mean that, for organization's sake, we could pull the teams out, put them in our own little Swiss League, and then bop them back over to the Feeder League later? Unless that's already happened and I'm misreading.
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 10:01:36 AM

Swiss league is a manually organised league within the feeder league, so it meets Falc's requirements of f13 circuit only.

I.e. Feeder League
Or main league  Ohhhhh, I see.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 10:11:50 AM

I am soooo in.  I was just saying to Ingmar last night that we needed a smaller side tournament, and eldaec answers my prayers.

I'm not sure which team I'll be playing though...

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 10:17:52 AM

Yes, the way I understand it is that you play regular Feeder League matches, with point calculations made outside the game system by Eldaec himself, like, scribbled with a pencil on a scrap of paper.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 10:26:00 AM

I'm in. I'll put in my Necromantic team, Howls and Bones.

Falc, one thing I'd like to talk about is raising the TV limit on moving teams from the Feeder League to the main league for Season 5. Since at lot of teams will be either carryovers from as far back as season 1 or 2, why not raise the TV limit to 1350 for Season 5? Right now, I've got a Chaos team at 1220 and my Skaven team is at 1100. With the 1250 limit, I'm soon to be unable to play either of them without bumping up against the limit in case I want to use them later.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 10:45:00 AM

Yes, the way I understand it is that you play regular Feeder League matches, with point calculations made outside the game system by Eldaec himself, like, scribbled with a pencil on a scrap of paper.

That is indeed the plan, at least metaphorically. Though I could designate an official pencil and piece of paper if that helps.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 10:51:14 AM

New teams only, or any ol' team in the feeder league?  If the latter, the Kenosha Maroons would like to join.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 11:05:38 AM

Anything in the feeder league.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 11:06:17 AM

Then rather beat-up but slightly-skilled-up goblin justice shall be yours!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 12:18:25 PM

I'll be in with my Wood Elves - Fianna Chulain

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 01:29:37 PM

I'm in, I'll pick a team at the latest possible moment though if that's ok I have only played one game in the last bunch of months. If you need me to pick which team to use Eld just pm me on steam and I'll make a choice.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 01:52:30 PM

I'll play my terrible khemri team Going Forth By Day, since there's no chance I'll ever take them to the real league anyway.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 02:06:15 PM

I'll play on my shitty high elf team, WHY NOT.

EDIT: To specify, my shitty high elf team is THE FANTASTIKS. Or possibly the Fantasticks. Pretty sure it's without the 'c' though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:17:53 AM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 03:25:33 PM

I'll play my terrible khemri team Going Forth By Day, since there's no chance I'll ever take them to the real league anyway.

What are you implying, sir!
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 04:01:15 PM

Also in with my terrible khemri team!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 04:11:47 PM

I'll be playing my new Human team, the Emperors of the Pitch.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 04:49:58 PM

Fuck it, why not - mark my elves, Sissyfaced Nancies, down as in.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 08:18:11 PM

I'll offer up my d. elfs, Court of the Moon for everyone's defeating pleasures.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 02:21:37 AM

In with my woodelves - Aery Faery's.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 24, 2011, 06:09:48 AM

Looks like we're quorate. I plan to post the first round of matches on Wednesday, so if those who haven't picked a team could do so Tuesday latest, that'd be grand. More signups also welcome of course.

Personally I'm torn between amazon, dwarf, skaven, goblin, ogre or halfling.  swamp poop

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:08 AM

can i  use my old DE's? the one's that got retired. if not i will roll with a new wood elf team, yet to be made / decided
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #27 on: July 24, 2011, 12:03:31 PM

can i  use my old DE's? the one's that got retired. if not i will roll with a new wood elf team, yet to be made / decided
They only played in the main league, right? Should be fine.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 12:55:26 PM

They only played in the main league, right? Should be fine.

From the OFFICIAL Feeder League Rules:

Everyone can join AS LONG AS YOU ARE JOINING WITH A BRAND NEW TEAM. Have fun. Remember, you will only be able to join Season #4 with a 1250 team.

In order for a team to be able to join the Main League coming from the Feeder it has to:

- have not more than 1250 TV
- have ZERO cash available (you can waste excess money on Assistant coaches and Cheerleaders and then fire the extra ones)
- have 11 players
- having played only and exclusively in f13 endorsed Leagues.

It is possible to demote a team from the Main League to the Feeder League, but again always remember that if any of your teams play even a single match out of the f13 circuit that team is banned for life and death. Also, a team that played in the Main League, and then got demoted in the Feeder, can only join the Main League IF its TV is 1250 or less and all that jazz. Meaning, no matter who you are, the rules to go from Feeder to Main are the usuals.

Read the part after the "but" too. Essentially though, you can demote a team. Now, Eladec being OK with Andy's Wishmasters Wildcards, that's another story.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 02:22:58 PM

Just to confirm, the only check I will be running on teams is that they are in the feeder league.

How they you get them there is entirely not my problem.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 03:47:10 PM

im making a new team. Save a lot of hassle. I don't know what to make. Should it be something crazy like flings/ gobbo's?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 03:54:00 PM

I'd say halflings for the extra challenge.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 07:22:16 AM

Current lineup (I'm going with Skaven):

Ermine Vermin (eldaec)
~MY HElves~ (Modern Angel)
Blue Line (Bann)
F13 Pro Elves (Comstr)
Festering Wounds (Sky)
Emperors of the Pitch (Ruvaldt)
Howls and Bones (HaemishM)
Kenosha Moons (proudft)
Fianna Chulain (IainC)
~it is a mystery~ (Hoax)
Going Forth By Day (Ingmar)
The Fantastiks (Sjofn)
~terrible Khemri team~ (Celer)
Sissyfaced Nancies (Strazos)
Court of the Moon (Gruntle)
Aery Faery's* (Ulysees)
~something crazy~ (Andy Davo)

17 teams, it would be awesome we could get one more to avoid having one team sit out each round on a bye.

* The Grammar Snake hates you.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 07:24:30 AM by eldaec »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 08:47:22 AM

My Nurgle are in.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 09:13:40 AM

I'll bring Norse, team hasn't been accepted yet to feeder league.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Pre-Season Bonus League - Feeder League D&M Trophy  
Jump to: