Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:55:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: World Event 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Event  (Read 18108 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

on: April 15, 2012, 01:21:43 PM

Currently on Tatooine with dailies and event rewards and whatnot.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 06:24:20 PM

Starts as an area event north of the Republitard base in the Dune Sea.

I ran the two sets of area quests and ended up with 10 tokens and an orange piece of social (light) armor. To buy the crystals from the vendor (who is found just north of the first area quest), it's 75-85 tokens. Mmo is such a shoddy genre, here do this eight times in a row to get a single crystal. Yeah, that's fun.
RT81
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:50:16 PM

Every time you die of the rakghoul plague, you get 5 tokens. On my server, everyone's standing around in big groups exploding all over each other to get infected.  ACK!  why so serious?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:54:35 PM

Every time you die of the rakghoul plague, you get 5 tokens. On my server, everyone's standing around in big groups exploding all over each other to get infected.  ACK!  why so serious?

Seriously?  Who in their right mind at BW thought this was a hot idea?!   swamp poop

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:00 PM

That sounds like it could build a community.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:52 PM

So that's what that was?   swamp poop

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
RT81
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 07:09:38 PM

Seriously?  Who in their right mind at BW thought this was a hot idea?!   swamp poop

Well, it's one way to keep people from complaining about it the way they did with Blizzard's version of this world event.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:54 PM

I think it's pretty cool myself. It's green-black color crystals. You have plenty of other easier ways to get equally good crystals, so if you want to play laser dressup you get to do some event stuff.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 07:29:25 PM

The tokens also aren't bound so you can buy them or sell them or get some on an alt and send them to your main or whatever.

Over and out.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 07:50:25 PM

It's actually quite civilized compared to most other Zombie Cancer AIDS-type events as you can just buy a six hour immunity/cure for $2k credits from any Medical Droid and completely ignore it.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 08:28:32 PM

Without a LFG tool no one knows how to group together to plague each other. 
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 08:54:42 PM

Do we know how long it lasts? I'm currently stuck trying to trouble shoot our CEO's iPad roaming issue from across the globe.   Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 09:10:31 PM

So I learned there's actually two pets you can get from this.  Spoilered in case you want to be surprised.

Over and out.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 10:30:15 PM

Without a LFG tool no one knows how to group together to plague each other. 

You don't have to be in a group to get infected by other people.  At least on Terentatek, there's just a cluster of players standing at the port location for Imp Fleet AFK blowing up on each other.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 12:34:48 AM

Same as Republic Shien, just a bunch of us chillin' in the middle, blowing up on each other.

God Save the Horn Players
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 02:34:17 AM

Starts as an area event north of the Republitard base in the Dune Sea.

I ran the two sets of area quests and ended up with 10 tokens and an orange piece of social (light) armor. To buy the crystals from the vendor (who is found just north of the first area quest), it's 75-85 tokens. Mmo is such a shoddy genre, here do this eight times in a row to get a single crystal. Yeah, that's fun.

There's also a quest to get that you can get when you get to Tatooine - but the method of getting it won't be exposed by me coz I don't want to get attacked by those who aren't informed.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 07:25:16 AM

Pets and cool color crystals.  Bah.  Now I'm going to have to find one of these afk groups. sad

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 07:45:56 AM

Why? You don't need a group unless you're going after the world bosses.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:01 AM

Group as in a clump of people.  I'd like to gather badges without having to do anything, because I'm sure as hell not doing dailies more than once or twice.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 08:42:39 AM

Just stand in the pile at the PVP vendor if you're trying to get infected. People keep dying there somehow, if you can figure out how, you can get the motherlode.
RT81
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 11:17:44 AM

I found out you don't even have to wait to explode. If you're killed during the "Feverish" state by anything, you get the tokens and you explode and infect others. So now there's groups of flagged Republic and Empire players standing by the vendor kill-trading each other to quickly farm tokens. Leave it to MMO players to always find the path of least resistance.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:19:28 AM by RT81 »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 11:30:29 AM

It seems to be expanding to other planets, so between that and getting 5 thingies every time you explode (and you will explode) it isn't clear to me that you'll ever even have to repeat the dailies much at all.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 03:16:57 PM

If you just want a guide of all the quests: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=415875

Contains SPOILERS and etc.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 04:19:12 PM

So there are 8 total new companion customizations, one for each base class on each side.  Which you get from a box is random and you can get duplicates.  They are legacy bound though, so if you get one for a companion on an alt you can send it to that alt.  I'll spoiler the list in case someone wants to be surprised by which they get:

Sjofn bonus:

Over and out.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 04:28:04 PM

Fuckin' Corso.

God Save the Horn Players
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 08:30:58 AM

The more fun varient is get infected then do pvp. When you die while feverish you spread the goo so pretty much everybody in pvp is infected so its a pretty fast way to spread infection for that daily and to get infected and blow up.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 08:33:55 AM

Pets and cool color crystals.  Bah.  Now I'm going to have to find one of these afk groups. sad

Oh and you can also buy a case that has a random companion look customization. Downside is its totally random but it basically gives them the feaverish look with the glowing eyes and the green aura around them. Curious if there is one for m14x.

Edit oops did not see somebody had a list hum zombie healer I may have to try to get it. Now if only they allow me to turn companion helmets off.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:37:11 AM by kaid »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 05:48:43 PM

Looks like we have a week from today before the even ends.  Ends on the 24th (night of the 23rd).

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 06:22:15 PM

Ouch, I guess I might have just enough time to get a single crystal if I do dailies every night or take part in the retarded sitting around and exploding stuff. Blech, times like this I hate being a whore for cool costume stuff.

Also, I found that apparently there are some more quests, I got one from a clicky object in the crash zone to inspect 4 crashed lifepods that gave a couple tokens and another piece of the social armor set (gloves). Leads me to believe there are at least three quests I'm missing (hat, pants, chest), since socials don't seem to include belts.

Also, anyone know how to get the title(s)?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 06:24:14 PM

They're adding the social armor quests one per day it seems like. The gloves one was new yesterday, it wasn't there on the first day.

I've only exploded once or twice extra (you'll explode once or twice just naturally while doing the quests) and I'm over halfway to a crystal after doing the dailies twice through; I think one crystal is pretty easily doable but getting two probably is more trouble than I'll bother with.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:31:30 PM by Ingmar »

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 06:27:20 PM

It also seems that they have set it up to where the dailies open up for you on an individual basis.  For example, I didn't get to take part the first day of the event, so yesterday, when the escape pod quest was apparently added, I could not start it.  It did not become available until today, and the one that they apparently added today did not trigger for me.  So if you're going to try for a full set of social gear, best get started now. 
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:51 AM

Don't forget that DNA samples aren't bound, so you can buy them from people who have more time to waste than you.
The prices can be stupid but from what I've heard you can make loads of credits at 50 now so some of you may be able to get crystals from grinding more interesting things and then paying someone thats done the boring bit.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Raknor
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 08:23:12 AM

I did 75 DNA samples yesterday while doing laundry.  Just ran by every 10 minutes and shook the mouse so I didn't log off (resets your timer).  Jumped off the VIP bar when I saw I was Feverish.  Wasn't horribly annoying and I got my saber crystal.  Now I want one for Xalek. I think it would look good on a double saber.

People are selling the saber crystals for 600k on my server. I would expect that to go down with all the people I saw farming DNA samples while afk. But who knows. There are still a lot of people with some deep pockets just in my guild that may be buying them all to sell later.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 08:29:20 AM

Apparently the title is from killing all three bosses associated with the quest. I got in on a group that killed one by the sarlacc, but missed the other two (at the time I didn't know it was a thing).

Also, one of the dailies (with social pants) is reported to only show up after you've done both the light and dark options for the infected sand people cure thing. I'd put that in spoiler tags if it weren't so dumb. Someone said you also have to have killed the 3 bosses, hope that's not true.

I did some afk and got to about 60 something tokens. If a game is going to make you grind for rewards, I'd rather do something where I can watch tv and drink. Also, that's shitty game design. But it beats attended grinding dailies.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 08:56:18 AM

If you get stuck at the first level of infected, inject yourself with a vaccine then clear the buff, or kill yourself.  It seems either transitioning areas or being logged out in that state can get it stuck so you never progress.

It'd been a total waste of my time last night if I hadn't been nursing a migraine and wasn't up to more than feebly chatting.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: World Event  
Jump to: