Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: World Event 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Event  (Read 18112 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:08 AM

How long does it normally take? And once you are infected, do you stay infected through death? I haven't quite grokked the mechanics of it yet. I did enjoy infecting people in Hutt Ball though. We should get a guild team together one of these nights...so far every Imp team I have been on has gotten absolutely stomped. Republics on our server are running premades and just killing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 09:10:33 AM

About 10 minutes for each phase.  At which point you explode.  If you splatter on anyone in your death throes, then you get 5 DNA.

Further, there is a daily related to infecting others if you have some of the codex entries when it happens.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 09:39:42 AM

Also, one of the dailies (with social pants) is reported to only show up after you've done both the light and dark options for the infected sand people cure thing. I'd put that in spoiler tags if it weren't so dumb. Someone said you also have to have killed the 3 bosses, hope that's not true.

This is not true on both counts.  You just have to have done the previous day's dailies, including the one for the gloves.

Edit: I know this isn't true because I've done it with a character who did kill all three bosses and only chose the lightside option for the sand people and I also did it with a character who didn't kill any bosses (only level 35) and only chose the darkside sand people option.  Both characters got the social pants no problem.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:19:27 AM by Nevermore »

Over and out.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 10:16:42 AM

About 10 minutes for each phase.  At which point you explode.  If you splatter on anyone in your death throes, then you get 5 DNA.

Further, there is a daily related to infecting others if you have some of the codex entries when it happens.

Actually, you get the 5 DNA for exploding regardless of whether you infect anyone else or not.  Infecting people is just for that one mission, which only gets you more vaccines.

As for death and the infection, it might be buggy but I think if you have the Lightheaded debuff it won't go away on death but if you have the Fevered debuff you explode when you die, so it goes away plus you get the DNA.  I think that's how it works.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:19 AM

Both characters got the social pants no problem.
Ok, cool. I'm hoping they give a couple grace period days to catch up, I'm already a day or two behind. Just have boots and gloves.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 12:38:35 PM

Actually, you get the 5 DNA for exploding regardless of whether you infect anyone else or not.  Infecting people is just for that one mission, which only gets you more vaccines.

As for death and the infection, it might be buggy but I think if you have the Lightheaded debuff it won't go away on death but if you have the Fevered debuff you explode when you die, so it goes away plus you get the DNA.  I think that's how it works.

Yeah the only reason to be in the clump is so you can easily get reinfected if that's your goal. The daily for infecting 10 people is sort of useless.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 01:01:54 PM

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4013846#edit4013846

Update #1: 4/18 We wanted to strongly urge citizens to begin their Blood Sample mission tomorrow (the 19th) at the latest. This is a progressive daily mission, with the next mission in the mission chain unlocking the day after completing the first stage and so on. If you want to be able to obtain all of the rewards for this mission chain, tomorrow will be your last day to begin the sequence. As a reminder, daily missions reset at 7AM CDT (5AM PDT/8AM EDT/1PM BST/2PM CEST/10PM AEST).
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 01:06:07 PM

I can confirm you do not need to spatter on anyone to get 5 dna.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 01:15:02 PM

Well, that's even better then.  Since I had been bugged from the beginning, I had to go on rumor.

I don't like this progressive daily though.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 01:18:05 PM

Well, that's even better then.  Since I had been bugged from the beginning, I had to go on rumor.

I don't like this progressive daily though.

I was stuck today too. Appearantly you can get stuck at all stages. Taking a vaccine then clicking off the immune buff works nicely
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:03:06 PM by Phred »
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 01:53:20 PM

Yeah, fastest way per time investment seems to be: Get infected in fleet, wait until feverish, then leap into one of the convenient chasms. 5 DNA, no repair bill, and a free trip back to the clump of infected people. Just tried it, and it works fine.
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 05:14:24 PM

I ran through the first day of dailies and blew up in the fleet yesterday. I appreciate that they're trying to do world events, but they need to do better than this. A game event where players are encouraged to spend the majority of their gametime afk is a bad game event. Props to them for trying to let the news about the event come from the game instead of hyping it up on the website months in advance, but the draw-back to not testing the event with players is pretty obvious to see.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 05:54:11 PM

Honestly, if all you want is the pet, a crystal and maybe a box or two, you really won't need to do that if you just do the dailies.  Which are pretty fast to do.  I'm wondering how many of the people doing the fleet farming are just doing it to stock up on crystals to sell later.

Over and out.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 08:28:24 PM

If you suicide on the fleet you can nab 5 tokens every ten minutes. I was just reading or playing with the cat most of the time I was on. Crappy that it can be gamed like that, but at least it's a way to get a cool saber without raiding or tons of pvp. There wasn't really a good way for solo players to get cool crystals.

I hope to grab a few, it's low hanging fruit to get some expertise and I want a couple for my sith alts.
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #49 on: April 19, 2012, 06:58:16 AM

A game event where players are encouraged to spend the majority of their gametime afk is a bad game event.

I wouldn't say that the way we are doing it is encouraged.
You get the DNA whether you infect another person or not and the main way they set up for you to get the infection is by being hit by infected creatures while participating in the event.
These two things mean that the best way to do it for DNA over time is by doing dailies while infected.
Players have just found a way to do it while AFK

I agree that they have implemented the event badly, mainly because there isn't enough active content for those that want to spend lots of time in the game and because of how buggy the virus is.
Hopefully thier next attempt will improve on this one.

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 19, 2012, 07:41:05 AM

These two things mean that the best way to do it for DNA over time is by doing dailies while infected.
Technically at this point with the addition of the 'daily' dailies (the social armor quests), you're correct. 4 DNA for the area dailies, 3 for the 'daily' dailies (if you don't take the social armor), right now will net you 20 DNA. Figuring roughly 45 minutes or so to run through (I don't hurry, but I don't lollygag - I had done the Passenger List and whole Tusken area chain by the time Lantyssa got to the Tusken area, saw her as I left), so another 10 for 2 esplodes. Might be a bit longer, since I'm two dailies behind right now.

But that doesn't take into account messing with the buggy infection mechanic or having the dailies interrupted by it. If you don't get bugged and can move quickly, it's roughly 45 minutes for 30 DNA doing the dailies while infected vs 30 DNA per hour of fleet suiciding, with dailies gaining as more are added so long as they aren't very time-consuming.

As I said, I prefer being able to get the rewards vs every other cool thing they've added that I've been unable to attain, so I'm biased.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #51 on: April 20, 2012, 01:02:14 PM

Man, this event is more annoying as Empire. So far Balmorra is the only thing I like BETTER Empire-side, what is that about.

BIOWARE Y U H8 EMPIRE

God Save the Horn Players
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #52 on: April 20, 2012, 04:41:29 PM

Man, this event is more annoying as Empire. So far Balmorra is the only thing I like BETTER Empire-side, what is that about.

BIOWARE Y U H8 EMPIRE
Whats the difference?

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 20, 2012, 05:46:52 PM

So, just how many ways have Bioware (Austin) managed to f**k this up anyway?

Implemented a very limited duration event with no way for players to find out about it other than stumbling across it or hearing about it from other players.

Arranged the event as a progression guaranteeing NOBODY who starts in on the quest after the third(?) day of it (or who misses more than a day or two) can possibly do all of it or get all of the rewards.

Made involvement in the event involuntary until you learn how to avoid it.

Made avoiding involvement be a short-term opt-out that requires repeatedly diverting from what you wanted to do to spend in-game cash to get a temporary vaccine.

Stacked this involuntary involvement on the existing asinine pvp-flagging mechanic whereby you will be involuntarily flagged for pvp if someone from the opposing faction manages to be within range of you when you blow up even if you are on a pve server with no interest in pvp whatsoever.

Made repeated deaths an inevitable consequence of participating (voluntarily or not) in the event. So much for immersion, story continuity, or having any chance of role-playing some excuse for you being alive again a few minutes after BLOWING UP AND SPLATTERING YOUR GUTS ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Incentivized the players to exploit the event by pricing rewards way more than even a few repeats of the limited content would pay for, and released it into the wild with glaringly exploitable mechanics.

So anyway, I'm not playing, having given up on this batch of arrogant incompetent screw ups months ago, so I'm just kibbitzing this fiasco from the sidelines.  So what am I missing?  Popcorn

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 20, 2012, 05:51:21 PM

You've blown all of that incredibly out of proportion and are looking for shit to bitch about.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 20, 2012, 05:56:27 PM

repeatedly diverting from what you wanted to do

Every six hours, oh nose! The only part of your post that was really correct was "So anyway, I'm not playing". That's pretty evident.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #56 on: April 20, 2012, 06:23:58 PM

BIOWARE Y U H8 EMPIRE
Whats the difference?

It's more spread out and doesn't have as nice a circuit as the Republic has. Plus the Republic has a flight point about a foot away from the daily area, the Empire has to drive a decent amount to get to it.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: April 20, 2012, 09:47:59 PM

As far as Empire side, it had something of a flow to it, though it's definitely not always close. Liked how they put the jawa part in two spots, one flowed great for Imps...then they only gave one spot for dewbacks back at the secondary jawa spot. If you could get the dewback and jawa stuff from the first area, it would flow for Imps doing the passenger list then moving on to the second area. Ah, well. One more day for the belt and I'm probably done with it.

I bought a +end crystal for my jugg and a +crit for my sorc. Thinking of either buying one in case I make an assassin (+crit?) or maybe buying a +expertise for both the jugg and sorc. RNG boxes for the companion customizations is teh suxx0rz.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 21, 2012, 05:15:48 AM

Amusingly, the person I most want a crystal for is the least able to get one.  WTB cross-faction mail boxes.

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 21, 2012, 06:09:04 AM

WTB? You can mail stuff across factions now.

That'll be 100000 credits, thankyouverymuch.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 06:45:28 AM

Yeah you can mail yourself a crystal no problem now. :P

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: April 21, 2012, 07:06:20 AM

WHY DID NO ONE MENTION THIS!?!

Gods.  I've been doing annoying black market transfers.  Argh!

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: April 21, 2012, 09:07:23 AM

NO SHIT WHAT THATS AWESOME

Time to git me to craftin'. Dammit. Also going to get Sky a crystal, I think.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 12:01:15 PM

I mentioned it in guild chat a bunch of times.  Where were you?  tongue

Over and out.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 01:19:30 PM

On my Sith.  You should have sent me a mail from the Republic side. tongue

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 01:30:37 PM

I stayed safely on Voss through most of it so I never got the blow-ups.

I'd still probably like a crystal though.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 02:05:16 PM

About 2.5 hours of idling should do it for a crystal. why so serious?

The dailies are quite decent though, unless you are doing them at peak hours when everyone is standing around the same spawns.

Or just buy the samples if you are credit-heavy, prices seem to drop each day. The only thing you can't get anymore if you haven't started yet is the full social suit.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 02:10:10 PM

Its not like the social suit is super cool looking or anything, too.

cironian
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 02:25:45 PM

Only piece I absolutely wanted from it was the pants for my inquisitor. Because [omg, not a skirt]!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 03:22:39 PM

Nevermore never shut up about it, it's not our fault you didn't hear about it! :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Star Wars: The Old Republic  |  Topic: World Event  
Jump to: