Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: So, rats, goblins and clawpomb dwarves, oh my! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, rats, goblins and clawpomb dwarves, oh my!  (Read 23462 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

on: April 02, 2012, 09:11:56 AM

Relevant post is here, second from the bottom.

It looks as though we are going to be getting a new version of BB, dubbed the "Chaos Edition".

The tl'dr so far seems to be that Underworld and Chaos Dwarves are coming out (hence the 'chaos' part I suppose), along with...

... a brand new custom-created Daemons of Khorne team.

That no-one has heard of, or even knows about.

What could possibly go wrong.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:19:59 AM

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 09:48:32 AM

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:54:43 AM

Fuck it, I'll be happy if they just fix the goddamn interface so I don't spend at least one turn in the game saying "Fucking Cyanide."

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:59:49 AM

Fuck it, I'll be happy if they just fix the goddamn interface so I don't spend at least one turn in the game saying "Fucking Cyanide."

You should so repost that in the thread above  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:04:10 AM

It is true, I think what we all want the most is a better ui and a lack of network/connection problems.

Also, as for the Daemons of Khorne thing, the team itself will be new, but Khorne and Khorne Daemons are a part of Warhammer 40k and won't be hard to translate to BB.  The symbol of Khorne, who is the god of blood, is actually an option for a team symbol already.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:01 AM

Any word on LRB 7?

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 11:06:41 AM

The "what could go wrong" part is letting Cyanide bring their amazing programming skills to the challenge of team balancing.

Anyway, Chaos Dwarves, you say.

EDIT: The rest of that feature list better be partial, only adding 2 star players from the dozens that are missing is disappointing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:08:16 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 11:29:17 AM

Eh, it's not like Blood Bowl is really balanced anyway.  As long as they have a unique way of playing the game I'll be happy.  My only concern at the moment is that they'll occupy the same role as Chaos and be redundant, but not imbalanced.

It could be interesting if they went in a kind of vampire direction with them with a few big guys and then lots of little demons.  In Warhammer there are flesh hounds on the Khorne side.  If the Daemons of Khorne had a team of STR3/AGI3/MA7/AV7 flesh hounds with "no hands" and only a handful of possible daemon ball carriers who had access to mutation skill ups, but were really expensive, I'd be all over them and wouldn't mind playing against them either.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 12:12:00 PM

I'd play a Daemons of Khorne team. Khorne is the Chaos God I base my 40k armies around.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 12:18:03 PM

Eh, it's not like Blood Bowl is really balanced anyway. 

Sure, but I still lay even odds that we'll be banning them from Season 7. If we ever have a Season 6 of course.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 06:42:36 PM

I want to play an Underworld side. Yes!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 07:36:23 PM

Any word on LRB 7?

There is unlikely to be one for a while, given that there is no consensus on what should go into a news set of rules.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:41 PM

Any word on LRB 7?

There is unlikely to be one for a while, given that there is no consensus on what should go into a news set of rules.

How 'bout AGI 4 Halflings?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:13 PM

Why in gods name are they making up their own shitty team when they are still missing both Chaos Pact and Slann?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 03:59:05 PM

Why in gods name are they making up their own shitty team when they are still missing both Chaos Pact and Slann?

Well, Slann (apparently) were veto'ed on fluff grounds by GW as to bring it into line with the Warhamster Fantasy Battle lore. CP are a little hard to explain, given that the only new models they would have to have created for them were the Marauder and Cheerleader, and recycled assets for the rest.

The only explanation I can think of, is that Slann and CP are being saved for another, later, release.

Insofar as the Khorne team is concerned - my initial reaction is cynicism, if only because I suspect I know how much shit this decision will earn them if the team is badly balanced or implemented. But, it would be prudent to reserve judgement until we see some kind of roster or outline.

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 06:33:35 PM

Any word on compatibility with Legendary Edition?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 07:02:01 PM

No prior edition has been compatible with the one that came before. They haven't said, but I think the writing is pretty much on the wall.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 05:20:18 AM

Should note, though, that when the move was made to Dark Elf, those who had bought the first directly from them received 33% off (maybe even more) of the list price.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 05:39:40 AM

Do we get to keep our teams, or does everything reset to zero?

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:48 AM

They might not fuck up the Khorne demon team too much, there have been fringe teams that never made the official roster for many many years and that is definitely one of them.

They will get 0-4 Bloodletters (they will probably lose some CW slots as a trade off) though hopefully they don't get a demon big guy because that will probably be OP as fuck. The lesser demons will have ST4 with either MV5AG2 or MV6AG1 I'd guess. They'll cost a little under 100k (70-90k each?) probably depending on if they are AV7 or 8.

They ought to have Horns to start if they look anything like the minis and may start with Frenzy as well.

The real question will be what if anything cyanide does to represent the instability of demons in WH and/or if they get auras like Nurgle does.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 11:48:49 AM

Most likely the latter. Keep in mind it is entirely up to Falc when we switch editions.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 05:36:08 PM

Most likely the latter. Keep in mind it is entirely up to Falc if we ever play again.

Fixed.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 05:23:20 AM

Slated for September release.  Screenshots of new stuff posted on their Facebook page.

Think this will affect our season 6?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #24 on: May 04, 2012, 05:33:26 AM

I imagine Season 6 will be finished or wrapping up by the time the new version is released.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 02:52:52 AM

I want to be optimistic and think that this is the time they'll finally fix the interface for good.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 07:04:45 AM

Screenshots of...

Khorne bullshit
Underworld
Khorne bullshit and Chaos Dwarfs

http://bloodbowl-game.com/index.php?rub=news-info&id=300

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 04:59:55 PM

Underworld - that's my team!
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 05:11:45 AM

Yep. I've been waiting to play Underworld for years now. Really excited.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 19, 2012, 05:41:53 AM

Box art

Depending on things, I'll probably give the Chaos Dwarfs or Daemons a go.  No new info on the latter yet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:46:15 AM by luckton »

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 05:47:10 AM

I don't really know why, but that looks terrible.

Not that it matters on steam.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 05:48:19 AM

So when it comes out we're all going to play nothing but the new teams, right?
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 06:10:41 AM

So when it comes out we're all going to play nothing but the new teams, right?

Well, unless they happen to update some of the current ones, which is highly doubtful.  God forbid they'd give Halflings some love or something.  why so serious?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 06:46:44 AM

I wish they'd add some more of the star players.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 06:50:36 AM

They can't change existing teams. It wouldn't be blood bowl. The player base would march on cyanide.

Even putting in a made up team outside of blitz mode is incredibly borderline and is quite likely to end in tears.

Based on prior upgrades people will still play the old races. I must have about a dozen races I haven't messed with yet. Admittedly 3 of them are fucking elves.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: So, rats, goblins and clawpomb dwarves, oh my!  
Jump to: